Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:49:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Locking Bounty Rewards To Avoid Dumping  (Read 1947 times)
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 04:41:24 PM

It's not the blame for bounty hunters because a project gets dumping, because for bounty campaigns, a very small percentage of coins are allotted. The reward campaign should help raise the price, because until the reward is distributed, the coins are not sold.
Bounty hunters have worked for their reward and it is normal to be paid.
     I think the big problem comes from the team that runs the project because they have the biggest project capital.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 11:48:04 PM

Locking bounty rewards is useless as bounty rewards are around 1-2% and they cannot influence the price
long term. Many projects blame hunters` dumping for the crash of the price of the coin. This way they want
to escape from  their own responsibility.

AtlantaFive

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 11:52:50 PM

Locking bounty rewards is useless as bounty rewards are around 1-2% and they cannot influence the price
long term. Many projects blame hunters` dumping for the crash of the price of the coin. This way they want
to escape from  their own responsibility.

Because a lot of bounty hunters dump the tokens below the price and  that's why they blame the hunters if their token goes down in the price. Sometimes locking the token too is bad because i had join a campaign which they give the token after 3 months but even if they do it the price of the token is just way below the ico price.

sandra_x

Activity: 574
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 11:59:02 PM

So there's this campaign that I've participated that locked bounty rewards in the hopes of avoiding token dumping. As what I expected, the dumping still happened. What's even funnier is that it is now the bounty hunters who complains unlike before where investors blame bounty hunters  Grin

If there's any coins or tokens that should be locked, it should only be the team's share (or maybe add those given to advisors). Both parties (investors & hunters) have invested either money or time to get their share and they should not be subjected to such restriction.

It just proved the point that dumping soon after listing on exchange is really not as a result of the actions of bounty hunters. They too invested in the project. The fact is this, there is low demand for newly listed coins at the moment. Also ,some dishonest project teams dump their on coins on the market also.
Henrobakkara

Activity: 1512
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 12:15:44 AM

If an investor or team thinks the bounty hunter is causing a dump then I'll laugh, 1% or 2% of tokens will have no effect on anything, please see the bonus that investors get, it is far greater than the bounty allocation, if product is in demand by all people then prices will be stable in the market
So in my opinion, even though lock token team is bounty but products are very few interested, price will still be dump
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 12:23:17 AM

Bounty hunters are a small factor in dumping since they barely get 1 or 2% of the coins. There are bigger whales and pre-sale investors who has a bigger effect by their sales.
ansarose1

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 12:34:55 AM

Locking bounty campaign rewards to avoid dumping? Seriously? Even if all bounty hunters would collect together their rewards, for a total of their token 1 to 3 percent of the total token allocation, still it cannot affect the token's market price since the token is just few and small amount. Investors that will panic selling the one who can get prices down if they sell a large percentage volume of coin.
Kriptos

Activity: 532

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 01:50:10 AM

So there's this campaign that I've participated that locked bounty rewards in the hopes of avoiding token dumping. As what I expected, the dumping still happened. What's even funnier is that it is now the bounty hunters who complains unlike before where investors blame bounty hunters  Grin

If there's any coins or tokens that should be locked, it should only be the team's share (or maybe add those given to advisors). Both parties (investors & hunters) have invested either money or time to get their share and they should not be subjected to such restriction.

Instead of locking, teams should just concentrate on other methods such as buy back and loyalty rewards to lessen the chances of price crash.
that's what is still my question why is it that until now always the bounty hunter accused of being the cause of the altcoin dumping?
even though when they have locked the reward for the bounty hunter, the altcoin still experiences dumping. this proves that bounty hunters are not the main cause of dumping. I think if the project team does not give priority to their own benefits this kind of thing will not happen. because I'm sure the cause of dumping is mostly from the greedy project team.

Darklinkz

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 02:04:50 AM

Instead of locking, teams should just concentrate on other methods such as buy back and loyalty rewards to lessen the chances of price crash.

I think most of us that joined bounties in the year 2018 had experiences like that. I was also expecting that it would happen because of the lock-in period but I guess the investors are just for short term and they will sell it after listing because their bonuses are already enough for profit taking. ICO bounties should do buybacks or Eth/btc payment so investors would not get the fear of dumping from bounty hunters.
celot

Activity: 1492
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 02:16:46 AM

Locking bounty rewards is not good ideas, how come bounty rewards coins could make price dump with small alocation under two percent, how ever you have lock advice team allocation where they can make price is dump with higher allocation about 50%.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 03:23:59 AM

that's what is still my question why is it that until now always the bounty hunter accused of being the cause of the altcoin dumping?
even though when they have locked the reward for the bounty hunter, the altcoin still experiences dumping. this proves that bounty hunters are not the main cause of dumping. I think if the project team does not give priority to their own benefits this kind of thing will not happen. because I'm sure the cause of dumping is mostly from the greedy project team.
I think it is because some people think that bounty hunter get it free, so they can sell it anytime without think about losing. But they not think about, we bounty hunter will wait for good price to sell our tokens and can wait, not like investor.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
JeBro

Activity: 714

Living is easy with eyes closed ...

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 02:45:07 PM

I completely agree with the author. Often, ICO  teams shift their failures to the bounty hunters, limiting hunters rights to implement tokens. Although the share of bounty in the total tokens quantity is insignificant and bounty participants can't strongly influence the price of the token if it's in good demand.

various

Activity: 854
Merit: 267

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 03:07:51 PM

So there's this campaign that I've participated that locked bounty rewards in the hopes of avoiding token dumping. As what I expected, the dumping still happened. What's even funnier is that it is now the bounty hunters who complains unlike before where investors blame bounty hunters  Grin

Dude, If they want to prevent the dumping, they need to lock the total supply Cheesy So no one can dump and the price will be stabil whatever they want hahaha. Locking does not work, especially bounty hunters tokens. The team should focus on developments.

Loedong

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 03:19:11 PM

locking will not make the token experience dumping, but not the bounty hunter likes this, the perception is different if I better share it directly when the project is finished rather than locked it is not necessarily the pump when opened. I know that investors are more important than bounty hunters,
Uju4real
Copper Member

Activity: 349
Merit: 0

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 04:12:13 PM

Locking a coin for a period of time doesn't stop dumping, everyone is guilty of dumping and not only hunters. I think project development should be the main focus and not locking

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 06:00:16 PM

Token for bounty only arround 3% - 5% from total supply token so i don't think hunter will make price dump. Price dump depending on the development and results of the work of the team in the project itself.

3-5% is like 10 times to much. Do you know how much money that is given for free to others for a lousy advertisement of ICO? IT is not actually advertising of a product but just of ICO. 5% for that? That is 5% for nothing. 5% that will be missed when product will need to be developed or product will need to be marketed. When you see that one ICO is giving 5% for free like this you can be 100% sure that they are incapable to develop anything. _If they plan that at all and not just grab money and run.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 01:18:28 PM

Locking up Bounty rewards is usually a dumb thinking on the side of crypto project managers and their team. Dumping is mostly caused by too much circulating of the amount of the coins or tokens. Generating huge number of tokens and distributing large portion of the tokens to both bounty hunters and investors usually are the cause of dumping. If this problem is not addressed, dumping will always exist. 
In other words, developers are the problems of themselves because all the controls is in their hands, so probably one of the step they feel is needed is to lock part of the bounty’s reward to control the damage which I believe will also have little positive effect on the project,  while they move on to control the part of the investors.

But, I think the best approach to this is what you have already suggested, they need to limit the circulating supply, or better still limit certain access to part of the tokens, though this might be quite difficult since not all ICO pays through the ICO wallet but directly to their ether wallet, maybe all of the ICOs need to impose all coins going through their own wallet first before transferring it out, with this they can still have limit to number of tokens transferred out at once for transaction.
Wyndesam

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 02:06:46 PM

why they locked it in the first place. they promise to pay the bounty hunters to advertise their ico. its just a little of 1-5% of the total supply it will not cost anything in the market.
I agree, the majority believes that the bounty hunters always blame that shed their course to the bottom , I think we should not blame the hunters , the better the project let developing what we have to blame

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram | Bip Wallet | Twitter
Starfranko

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 02:21:05 PM

Locking no doubt is an anti-dump strategy and if the project manager feels that locking will help reduce or eliminate dumping totally I think they have the right to lock  their tokens
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 02:25:00 PM

Locking bounty rewards help with limiting or avoiding the price crash that happens when more users put forth the rewards onto the exchange. This will cause a drastic change in the market value of the respective tokens. Locking bounty rewards and distributing after certain time period has given good results in stopping of the price dumping.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: