Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:56:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77931 times)
Salahmu

Activity: 406
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2024, 02:20:21 PM

Investing should not necessarily mean profit.

You will get some sort of return from the investment, may be dividends or may be learning. Not everyone succeeds in investing all the time, some succeed and some fail and learn from failure and move towards success.

But one should not invest in a situation where he has no source of income and is totally dependent on his investment.

Actually I may not understand your definition of investment but I totally disagree with your definition because the only reason why people chose to invest there hard aim money to anything, they have the believe that in some point in the future they would realize some profits, so the main purpose of investment is making profits at the end, I no that there are other business that most people venture into and at the end they failed, which is as a result of venturing into wrong business, so perhaps that's why Bitcoin is a game changer for those who believe on it potential because in as much as I may not know what will be the exact worth of Bitcoin in the future but one thing that's for sure is that if you keep on investing on Bitcoin you will be happy with the outcome in the future and also there is no way your investment on Bitcoin will failed unless is actually from you.

Also in terms of having source of income, we have actually discuss it here more than twice that in as much as it may seem very important but with a proper planning you can start accumulating Bitcoin even when you don't have a steady source of income and before you know you have gotten a good amount of Bitcoin in your portfolio because many have tried and is working for them so perhaps the earlier you realize that the better.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Troytech

Activity: 154
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 02, 2024, 02:30:08 PM

Are we considering $66K a dip now?
I don't think $66k is the deepest as the price could decline further. Moreover, the price now shows no signs of increasing again. Everything can still happen, so prepare for something worse than now.

The price may continue declining until it is time for the halving. After the halving, the price will go sideways until people get bored waiting. Only then will the price increase slowly from up to down.

When people don't think much about the price of Bitcoin, that's when the price of Bitcoin can start to increase rapidly.
You're right .... US spot-Bitcoin ETFs have been trending lower this week. Bitcoin is down 10% as of Tuesday morning from its peak in mid-March.  Apparently the price may have this downward trend until the halving. The amount of digital assets around the world continues to decline at a significant rate. Although I wouldn't compare bitcoin to any other currency. But it doesn't seem like the price of bitcoin will drop as much as you said. But golden opportunities have arisen for small investors like us. During this fall period we can increase the level of DCAing to double the rate which in the long term can increase the profit like buying dips and cycle growth rates.
you know we can't always jump into conclusions whenever bitcoin goes dip a bit at a particular week and then change our opinion when it suddenly goes high again.  It's been regularly reiterated that you only know that you're in a dip or bull market after the season has past and then the price of Bitcoin iether goes high or comes down. What was looked at in the past as an ATH would later become  a seriously dip and that has been how the system worked till we have the current ATH that will in the future become a dip. Know that event will always play out to either increase or decrease the value of Bitcoin every week and we've seen how Bitcoin has looked a bit stable from the range of $68k to $70k for almost a week after which we are anticipating a serious surge that will probably lead us to $100k or above. The issue is that when you spend all your time looking at what particular price is a DIP or which isn't, you're indirectly putting yourself in an unnecessary pressure and you're looking like some that's in search of quick gains and not some one that's ready to HOLD long enough.

I don't really get what your pointing out to, you either seem to misunderstand the person you quoted or maybe pissed for another reason.

Each market trend or cycle often give us tips that we are in that cycle or entering, so I dont agree with you that we would only know what cycle we were in untill it is done entirely unless in cases where we are not sure or dont have any solid prove that we are in the bull or bear market( maybe cause of some consolidation and high volatility which happens to be the behaviour of the market). A bull market would be when the trend is buying overall and you should be looking from a higher time frame up to a year or 6 months, so basically when ever the Market overall trend is buying its a bull and when uts selling its a bear, but what soever most of us are still early in our bitcoin investment and news of what trend we are in shouldn't bother us cause we are still trying to accumulate some bitcoin, but yeah it's cool to want to take advantage of the dip to accumulate more bitcoin at a cheaper rate and maybe trying to be more aggressive in bear season and less aggressive in bull seasons. But if i must say we have been big dip since 50k to even 60k cause this prices are below our last ATH and we should consider it a dip, so yeah anyone buying then should have been aggressive if they knew and had taken advantage of it too, so I guess if you are behind in your accumulation or just starting market trends don't mean much cause you should be buying.

IMO we are also experiencing a little dip and it's not a wrong time to buy cause you know the halving is not yet here and yeah we don't know what to expect, but to me any price below the last ATH is a dip, so buying now wouldn't be a bad idea if you have money in your reserves to use.
Obim34

Activity: 238
Merit: 202

View Profile
April 02, 2024, 02:48:11 PM

I saw this on X, formally known as Twitter, and I decided to share it here so that some people can see the reason why JayJuanGee keeps saying we should not invest in altcoins and shitcoins.
This is something serious, from a $10k purchase of that shitcoin to $129, I strongly believe it is a memecoin, just what they are known for. I am still on the thought as of why people will prefer embarking on investment like this, I see people here who call it greed, seems like I have no other choice than to accept as fact. Excessive haunt for profit has ruined many investors and investment, these investors are completely aware about the effect and repercussions of dealing with massive funding into shitcoins if it goes the wrong way, at which it is clear that these shitcoins are 99% expected to dump than pump. It is now a matter of had I know, he should have insisted on investing in Bitcoin but his pursuit for bigger profits has landed him in a doom.

teamsherry

Activity: 168
Merit: 46

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 02, 2024, 03:01:59 PM

I saw this on X, formally known as Twitter, and I decided to share it here so that some people can see the reason why JayJuanGee keeps saying we should not invest in altcoins and shitcoins.
This is something serious, from a $10k purchase of that shitcoin to $129, I strongly believe it is a memecoin, just what they are known for. I am still on the thought as of why people will prefer embarking on investment like this, I see people here who call it greed, seems like I have no other choice than to accept as fact. Excessive haunt for profit has ruined many investors and investment, these investors are completely aware about the effect and repercussions of dealing with massive funding into shitcoins if it goes the wrong way, at which it is clear that these shitcoins are 99% expected to dump than pump. It is now a matter of had I know, he should have insisted on investing in Bitcoin but his pursuit for bigger profits has landed him in a doom.

It doesn't matter whether if it's a meme or just another shit project, just imagine how much he has lost, and you would still find some persons talking about diversifying into altcoins on this trend as tho they have any value in them, if this guy had used this 10k to start his bitcoin investment journey and maybe splits the amount into 4 parts and used a part to front load his investment with a lump sum buy he would have 0.038 bitcoin right now to start his investment journey and even if you divide that amount in halve most of us here have not even been able to invest such into bitcoin since we started. We'll he got what he deserved and I think he should learn from this.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
348Judah

Activity: 714
Merit: 521

View Profile
April 02, 2024, 03:23:57 PM

You may sell your BTC during the bullish period of, which may be a sign of good business. Now you bought again at the time of low market, here you stayed with Bitcoin and increased the profit margin.
I know people who engaged in this practice and at first it looked like good business and easy money but as time progresses, they usually come back to face reality which is that they have ran out of Bitcoin or have their Bitcoin portfolio depleted with no way of accounting for the profits made. This happens in two ways, the first of it is that when they buy during bear market and sell during bull market, some usually keep this money in their bank or in stable coins and every now and then they will always see a need and will use part of the money to meet such needs.

A good investor will always know that his investment asset in not what he can use on other purpose, even the realized profits are expected to get back into the investment in other to have more chances on earning more from the additions in them, we have to maintain a unique kind of business model and this ethics is to maintain the boundary on what we use our intended investment fund for, we cannot do without attending to some needs as they may even come in urgent to us, the reason why we are expected of having alternative to our source of income, when we invest, we buy the dip, hold and when the market rise, then we sell, we do this over and over again.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Sim_card

Activity: 434
Merit: 378

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2024, 03:26:51 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2024, 03:46:20 PM by Sim_card
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

You may sell your BTC during the bullish period of, which may be a sign of good business. Now you bought again at the time of low market, here you stayed with Bitcoin and increased the profit margin.
I know people who engaged in this practice and at first it looked like good business and easy money but as time progresses, they usually come back to face reality which is that they have ran out of Bitcoin or have their Bitcoin portfolio depleted with no way of accounting for the profits made. This happens in two ways, the first of it is that when they buy during bear market and sell during bull market, some usually keep this money in their bank or in stable coins and every now and then they will always see a need and will use part of the money to meet such needs.

A good investor will always know that his investment asset in not what he can use on other purpose, even the realized profits are expected to get back into the investment in other to have more chances on earning more from the additions in them, we have to maintain a unique kind of business model and this ethics is to maintain the boundary on what we use our intended investment fund for, we cannot do without attending to some needs as they may even come in urgent to us, the reason why we are expected of having alternative to our source of income , when we invest, we buy the dip, hold and when the market rise, then we sell, we do this over and over again.
It is not a wise way of investing, and such method of buying and selling over and over again will take your bitcoin investment portfolio to nowhere. The plan is to invest for the future and the longer the timeline you hodli, the more profit that you would have. If you buy at the dip and sell at the bull run, it seems that you have short sight of what bitcoin would be in the future, and you don't have a bitcoin target. You prefer to just be stagnant and reap from the only profit of the circle, instead of allowing your bitcoin investment portfolio to grow for upto 10yrs and above so that you can enjoy from the compounding profit that would be accumulating. If you can hodli and grow your bitcoin investment for a very long time, and never think of selling too quick, your bitcoin portfolio would be able to reach a level that, even if you are not buying regularly through DCA anymore, your bitcoin investment would be making more money for you.

This is why an investor needs to aim high as not just within a circle or when bitcoin price dips, and it pumps to an extend, you rush to sell and hope to buy back. Why are you selling to buy back, if you know that bitcoin investment is worth hodli. Why not save yourself the stress and panic because of your actions. There is no investment that can give you the kind of profit bitcoin can give you, because you might say that you want to sell and use your profit to invest on another business. Think of increasing your bitcoin investment till infinity, and not starting all over again every time, because you will not get closer to the fuck you level.

Thinking you reached enough coins may be an error. Can’t be sure 10 or 20 or 30 is enough. But 500 should be good.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 169

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 02, 2024, 03:50:50 PM

Yes, because the bitcoin price has surpassed the $66k price and also set a new all-time high. Any bitcoin price that is below the new all-time high is a dip. Anyone accumulating bitcoin now will be happy because the bitcoin price is currently in a dip. 

Pi-network314159

Activity: 210
Merit: 127

View Profile
April 02, 2024, 04:04:57 PM

That is actually what this thread is all about, not investing on shitcoin but rather invest on bitcoin. Looking at this information I see that it was a presale and not a direct purchase. It's more likely  an airdrop. There has been several warning about not buying altcoins and shitcoin but anybody who chooses to buy it, buys at his or her own risk or detriment. and when the problem comes, it will affect the person all alone. Everything we do depends on individual differences.
Miles2006

Merit: 149

Cashback 15%

View Profile
April 02, 2024, 04:37:02 PM

I don't think $66k is the deepest as the price could decline further. Moreover, the price now shows no signs of increasing again. Everything can still happen, so prepare for something worse than now.

The price may continue declining until it is time for the halving. After the halving, the price will go sideways until people get bored waiting. Only then will the price increase slowly from up to down.

When people don't think much about the price of Bitcoin, that's when the price of Bitcoin can start to increase rapidly.
Following the price sometimes can be a little disturbing, even with the ideas buying should always come first. Bitcoin price is unpredictable that's why it's advisable no one should play with his/her investment. If we're considering $66k a dip it's never too late to buy now. Let's consider earlier price as the main dip comparing with the current price, I don't expect anyone to stop accumulating during this period

You will get some sort of return from the investment, may be dividends or may be learning. Not everyone succeeds in investing all the time, some succeed and some fail and learn from failure and move towards success.

But one should not invest in a situation where he has no source of income and is totally dependent on his investment.
When it comes to bitcoin investment, there's this saying "the way you lay your bed so you lie on it" bitcoin investment has nothing to do with failure at first start except you're referring to altcoin projects. Bitcoin investment still doesn't allow an investor to depend on their investment and accumulating at the same time except you're the type of investor that want a quick  profit but I still don't think it can workout. We talked about profit making and taking out early and it's not perfect when having a low accumulation level, for example, an investor can decide to invest in bitcoin with a selfish aim of making fast profit or like what you said in your last paragraph but the end result is nothing.  Bitcoin investment doesn't work with greed neither playing a fast game

Odohu

Activity: 378
Merit: 340

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2024, 04:45:00 PM

A good investor will always know that his investment asset in not what he can use on other purpose, even the realized profits are expected to get back into the investment in other to have more chances on earning more from the additions in them
Theoretically it may seem plausible but that is not always the case as the temptation is compounded when you convert your Bitcoin to cash that is stashed in the bank. Besides, holding cash for two to three years waiting for the bottom of the bear market, which is what many people do, is not easy. Instead of the problems that this method carries, which have been abundantly elucidated, why not simply HODL because what you supporting is not different from position trading because the life cycle is less than 4 years.

we have to maintain a unique kind of business model and this ethics is to maintain the boundary on what we use our intended investment fund for, we cannot do without attending to some needs as they may even come in urgent to us, the reason why we are expected of having alternative to our source of income, when we invest, we buy the dip, hold and when the market rise, then we sell, we do this over and over again.
In other words, it is buy low, sell high for you. Well, that is not different from trading and I do not have problem with that, just that it may not be the focus of this thread because it is long term investment that is being discussed here.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Dorkylickjj

Activity: 46
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2024, 04:50:33 PM

To me I actually think that having an investment goal is quite appropriate because as common man that just want to secure his or her future true Bitcoin, he just have to accumulate Bitcoin true the DCA method still he is satisfied with his or her current holdings, so when that target is met, the next question he should be asking himself is when is he willing to sell, like the numbers of years he is willing to hold or the amount he would be selling if the price of the asset in his possession reach that particular amount, so to me, investment goal should be made a priority, like if you are buying Bitcoin for retirement purpose, it's still good, as long as you have a specific goal in mind, because not having a specific goal in mind sometimes makes you act confused concerning your investment sometimes, because you don't have a specific vision before investing.
Before investing in Bitcoin we need to have a specific goal and plan. For example suppose many people invest in such a way that they want to invest weekly or deposit bitcoins and there are many people who want to deposit bitcoins monthly even their amount of money is different. Everyone's Bitcoin investment plan is different, some may want to deposit more bitcoins and some may deposit less bitcoins. I think those who don't have a specific goal or plan about their investments are either haphazard and can break or sell their investments at any time.

So before we invest we need to focus the goal and set a specific time frame for how many years we will hold our investment and accumulate bitcoins accordingly. If we can set a specific time frame for our bitcoin deposits and keep depositing bitcoins every month or week accordingly, maybe our investment will gradually increase and we will be able to reach our specific goal.
Planning with a clear vision is easy but implementation is difficult because there are many things involved in the money you earn.But DCA strategy for depositing bitcoin is very easy to implement on daily or weekly or monthly basis. The desired investment success from bitcoin depends on proper and well thought out planning. Long-term investment planning is the key to bitcoin success.

That's why it's very important to have a clear goal in mind before venturing into Bitcoin investment because their are so many things that needs to be in place strategically for you to be able to hold effectively, something like having an emergency fund and also having a source of income so as to be able to sorts out your pressing financial needs, and you wouldn't have to look at your investment at any pressing financial issues, because while Investment is a different thing, holding on to your investment is another thing altogether, so it's very important you prepare for the unforseen circumstances that may affect your investment in one way or the other,  so not having an investment goal is not a nice thing as an investor that intends to be successful.

I don't really know if you mean that we should invest with a mindset that our investment might not also pay off and we should be ready to take full responsibility for such outcomes and prepare ahead of time, but to me the possibility of our bitcoin investment not to give us any return or to return to zero is quite small although it is still something we must have in mind.

Investing when you are not financially stable is a very big gamble and would put you a lot of pressure, in fact it's not possible to hold bitcoin if you are lacking in some kind of way and are not able to take care of yourself, and that's why we normally advice that you should invest with your disposable income and with money you won't miss, so for this to be possible you need to have some extra after expenses and then decide to save it in bitcoin, yeah and other thigns like having an emergency fund which at times would take 3 months or 6months of income to build and having reserves and floats to carry around that would help us have a financial cushioin and maximise our investment in bitcoin.
AirtelBuzz

Activity: 210
Merit: 212

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2024, 05:21:35 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2024, 05:31:40 PM by AirtelBuzz

That is actually what this thread is all about, not investing on shitcoin but rather invest on bitcoin. Looking at this information I see that it was a presale and not a direct purchase. It's more likely  an airdrop. There has been several warning about not buying altcoins and shitcoin but anybody who chooses to buy it, buys at his or her own risk or detriment. and when the problem comes, it will affect the person all alone. Everything we do depends on individual differences.
Yes it has been proven that investing in Bitcoin is much safer than investing in other coins. The coin in question is either Shitcoin or MemCoin, investing in these two coins is much more risky than investing in altcoins(Since this thread is a discussion thread about investing in Bitcoin, I feel compelled to say this).

If someone wants or comes to me for investment advice then I tell him first of all do some good analysis about investment and then invest in Bitcoin than investing in other coins which will keep you safe. It would be best for someone to buy bitcoins regularly and be patient with the same amount of money that he used to invest in other coins, barring extra profit on his investment. Not only do we have to invest, we also have to determine whether we are investing in the right place. If your investment is right then your success is guaranteed so invest in Bitcoin to ensure success and do it right and try to hold for long term.

Winterfrost

Activity: 586
Merit: 135

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 02, 2024, 05:37:46 PM

It doesn't matter whether if it's a meme or just another shit project, just imagine how much he has lost, and you would still find some persons talking about diversifying into altcoins on this trend as tho they have any value in them

the thing is that if you don't want to learn from the mistakes of others you will obviously fall victim and people will definitely learn from your error. It's possible he invested into a project that had a lot of positive hype at the time and he must have thought it to be the next big thing only to be shocked by the current reality. For me, putting an amount as high as $10k into a meme coin or an alt coin is a bit unreasonable and I consider it gambling with your money to a very a degree. Now that it has downed on him that all his time and effort are all wasted it won't be supprisng to see him tagging crypto as scam without knowing that thier is a big difference between investment in Bitcoin and following after every shitty project that's hyped around the social media space.

if this guy had used this 10k to start his bitcoin investment journey and maybe splits the amount into 4 parts and used a part to front load his investment with a lump sum buy he would have 0.038 bitcoin right now to start his investment journey and even if you divide that amount in halve most of us here have not even been able to invest such into bitcoin since we started. We'll he got what he deserved and I think he should learn from this
the problem is that the misconception about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency has made so many naive folks to invest into any cryptocurrency thinking that it has the potential of of increasing in similar proportion with bitcoin and although some project might have had a positive trend  afterwards it's always meters down the road which should have thought those folks great lesson that Bitcoin stands as an exception to whatever crypto project that comes up. Imagine he invested such amount into Bitcoin? Do you know how strong his portfolio would have been? Even when some folks think that after stacking up a good amount of Bitcoin and have probably made a good amount of profit that it's now time to sell some and diversify it into other areas and then you're considering investing your profit into an altcoin or a meme project? One of the things we need to learn in our quest to multiplying our income is that the source that gives you those profit you're considering using to invest into another project remains your most reliable source you shouldn't play with for any reason. Well, these are all stories that don't count at the moment and I just hope he has learned the right lesson by now.

bitzizzix

Activity: 2380
Merit: 448

View Profile
April 02, 2024, 06:09:38 PM

Yes, because the bitcoin price has surpassed the $66k price and also set a new all-time high. Any bitcoin price that is below the new all-time high is a dip. Anyone accumulating bitcoin now will be happy because the bitcoin price is currently in a dip. 
And besides that, the decline that occurs is a good opportunity for those who do DCA, because this opportunity can be used to increase their purchases when they have more money.
This dip is only momentary as we are close to the halving and this dip is a good opportunity to accumulate more Bitcoin and hold it for the long term.

And I personally have halved the bonus money I receive from my workplace for holiday allowance, to increase my regular Bitcoin purchases.
And I've been thinking about that decision for a long time, and using half of it is the right choice to buy Bitcoin and for me to enjoy in the future.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
STT
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1414

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2024, 07:16:04 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2024, 07:26:57 PM by STT

Any IPO at all is high risk and with some hope also high gains.   The Facebook IPO as I remember it did actually appear to flop because it went $40 to near $20 if I remember right and many were crowing over how of course some new age trendy website simply could not be worth that much etc.   The guy who painted a mural and was paid in shares that became valued 40m and other stories (great artist tbh).    I was inclined to agree, its not my thing but of course the key point would be advertising and so they had revenue and in the end billions, it rose greatly; the initial landing was just a splash before it took off.
  Tech is very hard to invest in imo because it immediately appears over valued.

FB seems to have made  10x maybe 15x over its first valuation from just 12 years ago.   I've no real idea why its been so highly favored recently, I still think thats overdone but I have to admit I often estimate these things wrongly.   It is generally true taking up these things before IPO or near to that point can be very costly, its high risk.   I prefer the funds which do the research for me and can watch every minute to decide with all their experience, an arms length can be useful in avoiding conflicting your own judgement.     Anyhow I do think that applies to the **** coins market, I like that it exists that ideas can be a thing but it can also be they are blowing bubbles in the wind & its way less risk to take time to observe some track record.  

Obviously BTC has the best track record of all and its not done yet, why would anyone add anymore risk going elsewhere its already a wild ride Cheesy

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
salad daging

Activity: 1652
Merit: 796

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2024, 08:14:57 PM

It's time to buy DIP at $66K when the price drops buy DIP again below that, prepare your USDT because this is a big correction to be utilized well.

You don't have to worry about the bitcoin drop to lower because we are optimistic that the price will definitely recover again if you buy at the lowest point price then that's good, if you still want to continue DCA it's not a problem then keep doing it so that there is no stop in buying bitcoin during the current period.

There is no need to panic, even bullish will remain in the current season, even when you plan for a long term of 5-10 years this decline is not a panic.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Obim34

Merit: 202

View Profile
April 02, 2024, 09:00:04 PM

A good investor will always know that his investment asset in not what he can use on other purpose, even the realized profits are expected to get back into the investment in other to have more chances on earning more from the additions in them
Theoretically it may seem plausible but that is not always the case as the temptation is compounded when you convert your Bitcoin to cash that is stashed in the bank. Besides, holding cash for two to three years waiting for the bottom of the bear market, which is what many people do, is not easy. Instead of the problems that this method carries, which have been abundantly elucidated, why not simply HODL because what you supporting is not different from position trading because the life cycle is less than 4 years.
@348Judah seems having a contrary view on this subject matter, let's digress a little from the topic thread all about purchasing Bitcoin, but in these case of taking profits and whether if to invest or use the profits for diverse purposes. Firstly, it begins with the interest of the investors, each investor should have a few reason as to why he decides to sell off his investment, it maybe due to having physical investment that also demands capital or he also just want to take profits probably before experiencing another bearish cycle, this which is the most common out of every reasons.

Most investors who are deeply into Bitcoin investment and have no alternate investment plan would live their Bitcoin portfolio for yet another cycle, it depends on how we see and take the market to be, leaving our Bitcoin for another four years circle is what identifies an investor as one who seeks for long term hold.

we have to maintain a unique kind of business model and this ethics is to maintain the boundary on what we use our intended investment fund for, we cannot do without attending to some needs as they may even come in urgent to us, the reason why we are expected of having alternative to our source of income, when we invest, we buy the dip, hold and when the market rise, then we sell, we do this over and over again.
In other words, it is buy low, sell high for you. Well, that is not different from trading and I do not have problem with that, just that it may not be the focus of this thread because it is long term investment that is being discussed here.
In as much I enjoy the DIP, I do not prefer holding cash with the intentions of monitoring the DIP so one can invest, we can't clearly predict or speculate on how deep the DIP will be. We are expected to to take our profits and return back the capital into DCAING with probably little funds till the bearish cycle begins then we can aswell adjust the size of funds released for investment purposes.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 02, 2024, 09:21:30 PM

Considering how far bitcoin has come and may obstacles that bitcoin has overcome to get to this point, I won't consider $66k as a dip. The price is a good one for me. Let's not be too greedy in our quest to make more money and forget how well bitcoin has done. For me $66k is a good price and it is not a dip. Bitcoin can't be making new high every day. Anyone calling $66k a dip probably joined bitcoin investment early last month. 15 years ago many of us couldn't believe that bitcoin would ever get to this price, but today some people are calling $66k a dip. We should control our greed and celebrate bitcoin current price, even as we get ready for the full blown bullrun. I know a day will come when some folks here will consider bitcoin at $100k a dip. What an era to be alive.

Of course $66k is a dip, as compared to the $74k price that it was 3 weeks ago, yet we still cannot know which direction the price is going to go and how long it might stay within other price ranges - whether higher or lower from here.

As you suggested, if you already have a lot of BTC, then you are in a better position to just sit matters out and maybe even sell some, if that is what you want to do.

But if you don't have much or any BTC, then you still have to figure out what you are going to do, and if you had been buying BTC in the last month or so, then why would you not continue to buy BTC - that is unless you ran out of money for buying.

Hopefully, you are not ONLY preparing for down.. since down may or may not end up happening.

The price may continue declining until it is time for the halving.

but it might not, too.

After the halving, the price will go sideways until people get bored waiting.

How do you know?

Only then will the price increase slowly from up to down.

That sounds a bit ridiculous.   Not that you might NOT be correct, but that you think that you actually know what is going to happen.

It sounds like you got it all figured out. 

Good luck with that kind of thinking, you are likely going to need it.

the reason why we are expected of having alternative to our source of income, when we invest, we buy the dip, hold and when the market rise, then we sell, we do this over and over again.

Either you don't know what you are talking about, or you are in the wrong thread.

We are not talking about trading here, and if we are talking about investing, we do not necessarily need to be trying to figure out when to sell in order to buy more BTC at a lower price, which surely is trading (gambling) rather than investing.

You seem to be mislead if you think that trading is another kind of investing - since surely trading is not necessary in order to invest, and it is actually not a good idea to trade unless you develop some kind of a technique and skills to figure out how to either anticipate price directions and/or to hedge your various ways of buying and selling, which again is not what we are talking about in this thread or even recommending.

There have been a lot of people who have done really well in bitcoin, including doing way better than traders by employing various investment techniques that largely revolve around various ways of accumulating and holding BTC, which is the topic of this thread.. and surely you even likely realize the main BTC accumulating techniques as being dollar cost averaging, lump sum buying and buying on dips.

Of course in order to be decently good investor there are some personal finance management techniques that will help the investor to better recognize the extent to which he has available capital, including managing his discretionary/disposable income - which is largely the extra that is available between the amount of income coming in and the expenses, and surely if a person has saved up money and/or investments in other assets and/or currencies, then putting some or all of that value into bitcoin could be taken into account and potentially considered as a possible investment allocation option.

That is actually what this thread is all about, not investing on shitcoin but rather invest on bitcoin. Looking at this information I see that it was a presale and not a direct purchase. It's more likely  an airdrop. There has been several warning about not buying altcoins and shitcoin but anybody who chooses to buy it, buys at his or her own risk or detriment. and when the problem comes, it will affect the person all alone. Everything we do depends on individual differences.

Of course, there are folks who might buy 20, 30 or more of various shitcoins, and then hope that 1, 2 or more of them might shoot into profits and to make up for the money that they lost on the others... which truly seems like a BIG ass waste of time, money and energies, which is part of the reason to recommend that those folks who cannot resist the temptation to involve themselves in shitcoin to limit their exposure to less than 10% the size of their bitcoin holdings, yet part of the problem with any degenerate gambler and person attracted to shitcoins is that they cannot limit their own level of lunacy, degeneracy, greed,  and/or desires to get rich quick.

Sure, there could be some of them that are able to save themselves from such temptations or to limit their exposure while maintaining their eye on the prize, which is bitcoin, but they don't seem to be a very common kind of person, even though everyone likes to consider themselves as reasonable, it is easy to get drawn into the shitcoin talking points... which we should also limit ourselves in terms of talking about it too much here.. except just suggest not to do it or at least to limit how much you do it and perhaps talk about it somewhere else so that we don't waste our time too much with such mostly meaningless distractions.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
teamsherry

Activity: 168
Merit: 46

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 02, 2024, 09:46:14 PM

the problem is that the misconception about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency has made so many naive folks to invest into any cryptocurrency thinking that it has the potential of of increasing in similar proportion with bitcoin and although some project might have had a positive trend  afterwards it's always meters down the road which should have thought those folks great lesson that Bitcoin stands as an exception to whatever crypto project that comes up. Imagine he invested such amount into Bitcoin? Do you know how strong his portfolio would have been? Even when some folks think that after stacking up a good amount of Bitcoin and have probably made a good amount of profit that it's now time to sell some and diversify it into other areas and then you're considering investing your profit into an altcoin or a meme project? One of the things we need to learn in our quest to multiplying our income is that the source that gives you those profit you're considering using to invest into another project remains your most reliable source you shouldn't play with for any reason. Well, these are all stories that don't count at the moment and I just hope he has learned the right lesson by now.

What misconception are you talking about, everyone knows that there is a clear margin between shitcoins and bitcoin, yeah bitcoin might be a cryptocurrency but that doesn't make crypto currency BITCOIN there is a clear difference, how would someone just invest in a shitcoin thinking that it would give the Same result as bitcoin, the truth is that most persons that are investing in shitcoins are just gamblers and they already know the risk involved and that why I don't pity them, so yeah don't try to show pity by giving an excuse that they were under the ignorance of misconception, their knew the risk they took it and they also know that bitcoin was a better option but were looking for quick gains and they felt the hard side of messing around with their money.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
bitmover
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 5920

bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2024, 10:31:22 PM

I agree with you MusaPk. .sometimes it might be worth it to get some kind of a reliable service, especially since the tool that bitmover made has ended up being quite powerful for those who have figured out some uses for it.. and it might not even be very available in other places on the web.... at least not so far.. even though I am pretty sure that bitmover and I are tending towards promoting and advocating open-sourcedness.  

So yeah there might be some utility in seeking out free services, yet at the same time, there might be some preferences to just bite the bullet.. and subscribe to something reliable.. but yeah, I don't claim to be any kind of an expert and even some of the paid services might have their own trickiness and/or their questionable value-add aspects.

Bitmover has figured out an innovative solution to this problem and that too free of cost. You already have seen and acknowledged that fix.
There is banner of bc.games on that site and it's good that site is getting recognition. Putting banner means the advertiser knows the site has got good decent traffic.

I am very thankful for Bc.Games for that, which sponsorship is a great incentive for me to keep developing these tools.
@icopress also played a key role, seeing the value of the project and mediating this partnership, as he manages many bc.games campaigns.

I hope you guys keep using them. I am always open for suggestions to the website

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 »
  Print  

Jump to: