Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:24:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 82363 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10317

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 06, 2024, 04:36:33 PM

Smiley
If the investor who invested at the late october peak 2021 baught when the first  person baugh he could also have made him self alot of profit but now you can see there different clearly  $17500 and $13600.
The first guy has 0.5386 BTC  and the second guy has 0.4489 BTC. and sometimes we still cannot change the facts and/or the prices in which we end up accumulating BTC, and there may well be cases in which we acquire a bunch of BTC, and then the price goes down, and then we see some later entrants who are able to buy more BTC than we have for lower prices.. so yeah, we cannot necessarily avoid some of those kinds of situations, and we just need to do our best in terms of building our own stack so we feel as if we are prepared the potential of UP and also for down too.
definitely, but It depends on when you bought your coin. like those who baught btc at the rate of $100 each, will never face the challenge of buying at higher price and it dips and another person bought cheaper than the first person. I think people who actually accumulated alot that never regret the ups and downs market fluctuations are those early adopters who accumulated less than $100. because even if btc surly reaches $75k and dip down to $20k, they are still at advantage. so I presume early adopters should be classified as those who bought below $100.
I don't really object to your idea of buying below $100 as a kind of early adopter status, yet earlier adopter status is on a kind of spectrum with a lot of differing levels of early adopter, since if you think about it, even those various early adopter who bought a decent number of BTC below $100, they likely also got into bitcoin at various prices along the way and maybe also sold too much too soon, so they might have spent some time reacquiring some of the bitcoin that they sold.
though I agree with your explanation, and I know your point of view. but what I was trying to explain is that earlier adopters as I presume was probably people that bought Bitcoin when it was $100 per 1 Bitcoin or lesser in price like $50 each. surly most people who may have bought 1 bitcoin at $10 may panic and sell when it increases to $20 and those who bought 1btc at$20 will also panic and sell when it reaches $40 due to excitement. those who bought at $40 will sell at $50 to $100 continuously as the case may be and parhaps bitcoin future was too misterious for people to have believe that 1 bitcoin would ever reach $1000 talk more of reaching $75k someday. the reason why people keep on selling and buying the accumulated stash then was that they think bitcoin price may never continue to rise, so selling it will be a better option than regret ever after but never knew bitcoin was far from their emagination. it is a normal thing in bitcoin investment.
people who are not patient always land themselves into a state of confusion which makes them sell too quickly  later down the road. sometimes the cause of given up hope on bitcoin is due to interaction with misleading fellow or people who dont have zeal or passion as you do.

Fair enough in regards to the further explanation in regards to the various things that earlier adopters might have done, and surely there has been a decent amount of variance, and yeah some may have sold too many too soon, and others may have just sold portions of their stack. Some may have had conviction from the beginning and others developed their conviction later, and surely it would be difficult to characterize in general kinds of ways, since there surely have been some folks who might have had approached BTC in similar ways as me, and surely there are differences in the financial circumstances of folks and even their technical knowledge, and including considering details of their 9 individual factors, too.

By the way, I am claiming that my average cost per BTC is right around $1k, so yeah, I bought bitcoin cheaper and more expensive than that.  I think that the lowest that I bought BTC was around $182.. but surely I did not buy very much because I had run out of money, and really when the BTC is dipping that low, sometimes we will run out of money, and I ran out of money for a lot of 2015 during the time that the BTC prices were in the $200s, and surely I have some purchases in the $200s, but really there sometimes can be difficulties buying when the BTC price is so low, especially if you already have a bunch of BTC and your costs happen to be way higher than the then current price. 

Also, I made several mistakes along the way, which I expect others to have had made some mistakes along the way too, whether they are earlier adopters or not.. and the concept of early adopter is surely a relative term, since it is likely that anyone getting in below $1k will be considered an early adopter to some, and anyone getting in below $10k will also be considered an early adopter to others. .maybe a bit later down the road, even though newbies to bitcoin likely realize that it is quite unlikely that either sub $10k or even sub 20k or $30k will ever be reached again.. Surely the lower the price, the more confidence that we might have that such prices are not likely to ever be reached again (absent some breaking of bitcoin).

Since we are still likely less than 1% of the world's population into bitcoin, is it is likely in the next 4-years or even less that we might be able to develop some confidence that sub $100k will never be reached again.. Surely, we cannot really know, but it does seem prudent that folks figure out some kind of an allocation into bitcoin so that they have some of it and are able to build their holdings of it, even if the amount that they are building is not very large in quantity.

By the way, there are some later adopters who have quite a bit more BTC than earlier adopters, and sure the odds are against them, and sure their costs per BTC are way higher than the earlier adopters, but still some of the later adopters are able to put themselves into a better position in terms of their BTC position, even though it ended up costing them a lot more to build their BTC stash... so a guy who bought 5 BTC for an average price of around $10k per BTC is likely better off than the guy who bought 2 BTC for an average cost of around $1k, and there are a lot of variations of those kinds of examples where later adopters who are more aggressive persistent and organized might end up putting themselves into a better place than some of the early adopters who are more whimpy, hesitant and perhaps engaging in some bad practices (trading, consumption and/or distracted into shitcoins) that did not emphasize BTC accumulation.

Indeed.
Almost everyone knows about Bitcoin's volatility, although while we all anticipate price fluctuations, it's impossible to predict the particular direction and magnitude it'll take.
You're also right that even people who believe in Bitcoin's long-term potential for growth, it's also impossible to predict the exact timing, the extent it'll grow and the exact pace at which it will.

These uncertainty shouldn't actually be a bad thing, to me, it's exactly what makes bitcoin investment exciting and adventurous because the more you advance, the more you learn and discover new techniques and approaches, learn from your earlier errors and advance.
It's very crucial for an investor to know exactly how to understand and manage these uncertainties through risk assessments, long-term perspective, regularly balancing one's portfolio, diversification and always eager to research and learn more.
Bitcoin is bound by uncertainty of what the price would be especially in the future. But doing one interesting thing is that you can be uncertain what the price would be tomorrow next week or next month. One thing is assured that the price in the next 2 to 3 years would be greater that what it is today, So the question is two to 4 years a so big that investors won't have patience to wait? Many persons are misled by the dip action currently thinking it will dip even more. My dear one doesn't need to be persuaded much a true investor will see an opportunity like this and buy the dip instead of thinking about where the price would be soon.
There's isn't any guarantees that one is going to make more profits in the next 3 or 4 years and above, because we can't actually tell the or predict the market movement.
I can tell you for fact that there is a guarantee that if you invest in bitcoin now and hold it for 3 to 4 years that you will see profit.

You don't know that, especially since you do not know the future... maybe you could say that gravity will still exist, but you cannot even sayt hat the sun will still come up in the east and set in the west in 3-4 years.

What I can't tell you is how much profit you will see. 4 years is another circle of bitcoin and from history there is always an upward price movement before the next bitcoin circle. Bitcoin wasn't trading at this level 4 years ago and it won't be at this level 4 years from now.

Past price performance does not guarantee future results.

Bitcoin price is measured in it's circle. So saying that there is no guarantee of profit in 3 to 4 years ahead doesn't seems right.

Even if it does not seem right, it is right.. there is no guarantee, even if you might assign high probability towards profits being present in 3-4 years... that high probability still is not a guarantee.

I think you have to back the history line. The reason why we encourage people to hold bitcoin for at least a circle is because, that's when we know bitcoin price use to appreciate.

The investment thesis in bitcoin is strong enough that a long time frame should be something that someone should be able to commit to.. .and figure out an allocation size that is appropriate towards his being able to hold for the long term (and perhaps continue to buy too.. until he reaches his own accumulation goal.. which also might be a bit of a moving target).

And when something appreciates it means that profit is recorded. People that bought last circle saw profits, so anyone buying now and waiting for the next circle will definitely see profit, no matter how small or big it is, will be determined by your investment size. Just know this.

Even if you might end up being correct that BTC is "in profits" 3-4 years down the road, your way of thinking is likely to get you into trouble.. but hey you can think how you like, but you are sharing incorrect information if you proclaiming that profits in bitcoin are guaranteed..,. and hopefully no one believes you. .and people who listen to you might consider that you don't have a lot of credibility because you talk in terms of absolutes... but surely there are some people who might be dumb enough to believe you, but probably a lot of folks will consider you a looney if you talk like that.

There are likely better ways to frame the matter without having to talk in terms of absolutes, but if your brain is broken, you might not even be capable of understanding anything other than absolutes.

By the way, when we talk about the past, frequently we can talk about absolutes because it already happened, even though sometimes people will disagree about what happened in the past.  Once the future turns into the past, then it could be described in absolutes, but even with the future there are a lot of variables, and sometimes low probability scenarios end up playing out, but once the low probability scenario plays out, that scenario ends up becoming 100%, even though it might have been predicted as a long shot or even hardly likely to happen.

There is nothing wrong with conducting ones life with expectations of what are more likely scenarios to play out, but surely we know that more likely scenarios frequently do not end up playing out, even if they had been reasonably considered to have had been the more likely scenario. Sometimes the playing out of a minority scenario will end up affecting future possibilities, and sometimes the minor scenarios end up being inconsequential in terms of their connection to other systems in life, whether we are talking about something in nature on a small scale or maybe some human interaction systems such as politics and economics and markets.. or some human interactions are very local in nature and others are more global, but sometimes local events will also effect global events... and some of the events are within predictable parameters and other times, some kinds of things come out of the blue and they end up affecting other systems.

Of course, bitcoin touches upon a lot of systems, and has potential to touch upon a lot of systems, which is one of the important things in terms of learning about bitcoin, and witnessing the varying ways that it continues to exist with various kinds of ongoing adoption, but also with various kinds of ongoing battles amongst folks who are trying to debilitate it in various ways and/or create limits upon how it can be used.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
MusaPk

Activity: 658
Merit: 200

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2024, 05:51:26 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

So far in bitcoin's history, it has ONLY gone down below the 200-WMA the one time (between June 2022 and October 2023), at least for sustainable periods of time, so there surely may well be quite a bit of value to buy all the way down, because you cannot really know how far the BTC price is going to correct back down or how close it might get to the 200-WMA or if it might go below the 200-WMA again.

My tentative current expectation is that the BTC price will not go below 20% above the 200-WMA for the next 18 months or so, and sure I could be wrong in that expectation, but that is currently how I am considering the matter, absent some facts changing, and there have been so many times that I have been wrong in various tentative expectations that I have in regards to bitcoin's price movement - and so in that sense I don't make any kinds of meaningful changes in my own strategies, and/or BIG bets based on various tentative expectations that I form from time to time.

Thanks for pointing out that only once so far we have seen Bitcoin spot price going down below 200-WMA. In September 2015, BTC price and 200-WMA came close of each other but still spot price remain ahead.
Of course we can speculate about what lies ahead as nobody is sure about price of Bitcoin. Right now there is so much gap between Bitcoin spot price and 200-WMA that you can safely predict that the BTC price will not go below 20% above the 200-WMA for the next 18 months or so
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2024, 06:45:27 PM

So far in bitcoin's history, it has ONLY gone down below the 200-WMA the one time (between June 2022 and October 2023), at least for sustainable periods of time, so there surely may well be quite a bit of value to buy all the way down, because you cannot really know how far the BTC price is going to correct back down or how close it might get to the 200-WMA or if it might go below the 200-WMA again.

My tentative current expectation is that the BTC price will not go below 20% above the 200-WMA for the next 18 months or so, and sure I could be wrong in that expectation, but that is currently how I am considering the matter, absent some facts changing, and there have been so many times that I have been wrong in various tentative expectations that I have in regards to bitcoin's price movement - and so in that sense I don't make any kinds of meaningful changes in my own strategies, and/or BIG bets based on various tentative expectations that I form from time to time.
Thanks for pointing out that only once so far we have seen Bitcoin spot price going down below 200-WMA. In September 2015, BTC price and 200-WMA came close of each other but still spot price remain ahead.

Of course, over the years, there have been various spikes of the BTC spot price below the 200-WMA that were short-lived, yet the period of June 2022 to October 2023 had several times in which the BTC price was quite a bit below the 200-WMA, yet the 200-WMA did continue to move up during that period at an annual rate of about 20%.  You can look at the specific differences between the BTC spot price and the 200-WMA on any particular date at this website.

Of course we can speculate about what lies ahead as nobody is sure about price of Bitcoin. Right now there is so much gap between Bitcoin spot price and 200-WMA that you can safely predict that the BTC price will not go below 20% above the 200-WMA for the next 18 months or so

I am just providing my own base case scenario, so of course, I would not suggest that my base case scenario is anywhere close to guaranteed, but I am thinking that the base case scenario of the BTC spot price staying above the 200-WMA for the next 18 months is the most likely out of any of the possible scenarios based on facts currently known... ... and sure of course price trends can change suddenly and maybe even for little to no reason, and also there can be irrational spikes and black swan events that end up invalidating the base case scenario that I am currently anticipating.

My fuck you status chart also lists the historical 200-WMA's in 6 month increments, and I am anticipating to update that chart in early June, so currently, the 200-WMA is out performing my anticipated 16% (32% annualized) performance by 5% (10% annualized), is it appears that we are going to experience close to a 21% (42% annualized) increase in the 200-WMA by May 31st.....   You can also see that in that fuck you status chart, I attempt to project out the increase in the 200-WMA until 2074 - and surely I am projecting out a diminishing rate of increase, yet with anything related to the future, there can be factors that contribute towards the results playing out differently from the projection... including ongoing concerns that many of us might have in the direction of the various ongoing attacks related to bitcoin self-custody.. .which from my perspective is likely to create a lot of scoff law and underground operations - which would not be so bullish in regards to bitcoin's short-to-medium term price.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
I_Anime

Activity: 392
Merit: 167

View Profile
May 06, 2024, 08:22:27 PM

By the way, I am claiming that my average cost per BTC is right around $1k, so yeah, I bought bitcoin cheaper and more expensive than that.  I think that the lowest that I bought BTC was around $182.. but surely I did not buy very much because I had run out of money, and really when the BTC is dipping that low, sometimes we will run out of money, and I ran out of money for a lot of 2015 during the time that the BTC prices were in the $200s, and surely I have some purchases in the $200s, but really there sometimes can be difficulties buying when the BTC price is so low, especially if you already have a bunch of BTC and your costs happen to be way higher than the then current price.

You're right most time when the price drop , one may not have enough of money to Purchase more quantities during the dip . That's why most time I usually set some emergency funds for purchasing the dip . Despite all the tough time during yah accumulation journe
y, at the end it all worth it  Grin

Even if you might end up being correct that BTC is "in profits" 3-4 years down the road, your way of thinking is likely to get you into trouble.. but hey you can think how you like, but you are sharing incorrect information if you proclaiming that profits in bitcoin are guaranteed..,. and hopefully no one believes you. .and people who listen to you might consider that you don't have a lot of credibility because you talk in terms of absolutes... but surely there are some people who might be dumb enough to believe you, but probably a lot of folks will consider you a looney if you talk like that

That's true we can't tell the future, but we can definitely accumulate some nice quantities as we hodl . Back then , like years back no could ever believe that Bitcoin going to reach this stage . At that time alot of people doubted it and some where even waiting to crash.  Despite not having more adoption then Bitcoin kept increasing in value . But still there's no guarantees that's going to keep going up and all that . But now Bitcoin has gain more adoption, and believe is going to gain even more as time goes on.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2024, 10:11:46 PM

You're right most time when the price drop , one may not have enough of money to Purchase more quantities during the dip . That's why most time I usually set some emergency funds for purchasing the dip . Despite all the tough time during yah accumulation journey, at the end it all worth it  Grin

Technically you should not be using emergency funds to buy dips.. but you can use reserve funds.  Yeah of course people call these things different things, but the idea of emergency funds is to have money to live and to pay for your expense if an actual emergency takes place or if you lose your income for some reason, you have a little bit of breathing space.

Reserve funds would be extra money, so you should never dip into your emergency funds for anything other than needing to live because you ran out of other money.

In my particular case in 2014 I had been buying all year long and the price dropped from $1k all the way down to the $300s, and then in January 2015, there was an extra drop and then the BTC price pretty much stayed in the mid $200s until about October 2015, but I was already running out of money in January and I had some other business related complications that happened in early 2015 in which some of my cashflow was jeopardized for several months - and so I was not able to buy bitcoin for a few months - even though BTC was relatively cheap then, but whenever I was able to get some extra money come in, then I would use half of it to buy bitcoin at whatever the price was and then the other half I had to put into my account for the expenses of the business that I had at that time.

So by the middle of 2015 I started to have a bit or normalization return to my cashflow, but then at the same time the BTC price started to slowly go back up at the end of 2015 - even though the BTC price got caught in an area of about $400-ish for nearly 6 months between November 2015 until May 2016... but my own cashflow was beginning to normalize again in 2016, and so it is a bit ironic how sometimes the cashflow problems can also happen at the same time that the BTC price is at its lowest, which was the situation for a large part of 2015.

There can be long periods in which you might not be sure if you should spend your extra cash to buy more bitcoin or to just sit it out, especially if you might feel that you have enough bitcoin, but there still can be some temptation to buy more when the prices are quite a bit below your average costs.. so it can be a bit of a dilemma...and seem to take quite a bit of time to play out, like you suggested.

Even if you might end up being correct that BTC is "in profits" 3-4 years down the road, your way of thinking is likely to get you into trouble.. but hey you can think how you like, but you are sharing incorrect information if you proclaiming that profits in bitcoin are guaranteed..,. and hopefully no one believes you. .and people who listen to you might consider that you don't have a lot of credibility because you talk in terms of absolutes... but surely there are some people who might be dumb enough to believe you, but probably a lot of folks will consider you a looney if you talk like that
That's true we can't tell the future, but we can definitely accumulate some nice quantities as we hodl . Back then , like years back no could ever believe that Bitcoin going to reach this stage .

There are frequently uncertainties in bitcoin; however, the kinds of uncertainties are changing with the passage of time. and so even there are uncertainties today with various attacks on self-custody..

At that time alot of people doubted it and some where even waiting to crash.  Despite not having more adoption then Bitcoin kept increasing in value . But still there's no guarantees that's going to keep going up and all that . But now Bitcoin has gain more adoption, and believe is going to gain even more as time goes on.

Sure bitcoin's investment thesis is not getting any weaker, even if some of the upside potential is not as much, but similar things were being said in 2017 when BTC went from $1k to $19,666, and a remember a lot of folks pumping shitcoins and saying that bitcoin did not have any more upside potential, so people should be buying more shitcoins in order to get upside potential, but the fact of the matter is that bitcoin actually ended up pumping around 78x in those 2 years from late 2015 to late 2017, so I see no reason for anyone to feel that they need to be more greedy than that, and surely the price corrected back down into the $3ks, but surely spent a lot of time in 2018-2020 between around $6k and $10k... before stepping up to higher plateaus, including our current level of supposed uncertainties.

Surely many of us likely realize that bitcoin has an ability to get around 1,000x gold's market cap, even though currently it is about 1/10th of gold's market cap... and so in that regard, bitcoin still has a lot of upside potential, even though it could take 50 to 200 years or more to reach its upside potential, and so many of the current newbie entrants are investing in mch shorter timelines that likely want to know if bitcoin is a good investment in the next 5 to 10 to 20 to 30 years.  So our actual personal investment timelines would be considering wanting to profit within our own life times rather than needing to wait for longer term macro aspects to play out.. and in that regard, there are still some folks who are attempting to front run bitcoin and get their own bitcoin prior to the masses of the population coming into bitcoin, which truly should be an advantage for any of the normies who already know about bitcoin and who are investing into it, as compared to folks who might not really now about it and are not actually taking action to invest into it, even if they do know some things about it.

So yeah.. no one knows, and you have to figure out your own allocation level that is comfortable for your level of balancing out your life circumstances.

avp2306

Activity: 1008
Merit: 359

View Profile
May 06, 2024, 10:48:11 PM

You're right most time when the price drop , one may not have enough of money to Purchase more quantities during the dip . That's why most time I usually set some emergency funds for purchasing the dip . Despite all the tough time during yah accumulation journey, at the end it all worth it  Grin

Technically you should not be using emergency funds to buy dips.. but you can use reserve funds.  Yeah of course people call these things different things, but the idea of emergency funds is to have money to live and to pay for your expense if an actual emergency takes place or if you lose your income for some reason, you have a little bit of breathing space.

Reserve funds would be extra money, so you should never dip into your emergency funds for anything other than needing to live because you ran out of other money.

In my particular case in 2014 I had been buying all year long and the price dropped from $1k all the way down to the $300s, and then in January 2015, there was an extra drop and then the BTC price pretty much stayed in the mid $200s until about October 2015, but I was already running out of money in January and I had some other business related complications that happened in early 2015 in which some of my cashflow was jeopardized for several months - and so I was not able to buy bitcoin for a few months - even though BTC was relatively cheap then, but whenever I was able to get some extra money come in, then I would use half of it to buy bitcoin at whatever the price was and then the other half I had to put into my account for the expenses of the business that I had at that time.

So by the middle of 2015 I started to have a bit or normalization return to my cashflow, but then at the same time the BTC price started to slowly go back up at the end of 2015 - even though the BTC price got caught in an area of about $400-ish for nearly 6 months between November 2015 until May 2016... but my own cashflow was beginning to normalize again in 2016, and so it is a bit ironic how sometimes the cashflow problems can also happen at the same time that the BTC price is at its lowest, which was the situation for a large part of 2015.

There can be long periods in which you might not be sure if you should spend your extra cash to buy more bitcoin or to just sit it out, especially if you might feel that you have enough bitcoin, but there still can be some temptation to buy more when the prices are quite a bit below your average costs.. so it can be a bit of a dilemma...and seem to take quite a bit of time to play out, like you suggested.

Correct since by means you already use your emergency funds for investment then its shows like you mismanage already your finances and we should avoid that since this could messed up our financial plans on our daily or monthly budget. That's why its really better to use our extra funds so that everything on our side will really work according to our set plans towards our bitcoin investment since I really believe that we will not succeed on our investment made especially if we are getting bothered on everything and have doubts because we already use almost all of our funds to invest on something we think valuable to place our money.

What mistake I've done before is I already sold my mined bitcoin also including my holdings since I think that is the top way back 2015 and 2017, but we don't really know what will happen on future and I just think about that profit still a profit after all that's why right now I'd try to correct things and make sure to maximize my bitcoin investment and try to accumulate more. Then sell some profits whenever I need some funds for other extracurricular activities.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
 PLAY NOW 
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
Agbe

Activity: 896
Merit: 1267

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
May 06, 2024, 11:14:14 PM

I think this has been discussed some months back. Money that is kept for an emergency is not to invest in bitcoin and if anyone wants to invest in Bitcoin then extra funds Shou be made available if only the person is really ready to invest. There are some banking apps that one can use to lock funds by weekly, monthly and yearly. The person can choose the plan he wants and I normally select two plans to lock my funds in weekly and monthly because I don't know when the dip would come and if it comes, and fall under the weekly plan then I would use it to buy the dip and I will wait for the monthly plan again and once it unlocked I would use the money to buy the dip again. So with that you don't have to spend your emergency funds again.

Now if you buy the dip with the emergency money and something happens within the week and you don't have extra money to solve the emergency need, you have to make a sale of the bitcoin investment you initiated in the week to solve the emergency and if the dip is below the purchase price of bitcoin then you are at the losing side of the investment because you did plan well for the investment. Always keep the emergency funds down the emergency purpose and not to buy the dip.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2024, 12:12:54 AM

Technically you should not be using emergency funds to buy dips.. but you can use reserve funds.  Yeah of course people call these things different things, but the idea of emergency funds is to have money to live and to pay for your expense if an actual emergency takes place or if you lose your income for some reason, you have a little bit of breathing space.

I think this has been discussed some months back. Money that is kept for an emergency is not to invest in bitcoin and if anyone wants to invest in Bitcoin then extra funds Shou be made available if only the person is really ready to invest. There are some banking apps that one can use to lock funds by weekly, monthly and yearly. The person can choose the plan he wants and I normally select two plans to lock my funds in weekly and monthly because I don't know when the dip would come and if it comes, and fall under the weekly plan then I would use it to buy the dip and I will wait for the monthly plan again and once it unlocked I would use the money to buy the dip again. So with that you don't have to spend your emergency funds again.

Now if you buy the dip with the emergency money and something happens within the week and you don't have extra money to solve the emergency need, you have to make a sale of the bitcoin investment you initiated in the week to solve the emergency and if the dip is below the purchase price of bitcoin then you are at the losing side of the investment because you did plan well for the investment. Always keep the emergency funds down the emergency purpose and not to buy the dip.

Emergency funds are not a part of your cashflow.  You seem to be talking about some kind of a float.  Emergency funds are something that you build up and then you likely never will have to touch.. ever..  they are usually something .like 3-6 months of your expenses, so if you lose your job or you get hit by a bus, but you are still living, you might have some expenses but unable to work for 3-6 months, but if you are managing your money well, you may well have other funds such as reserves and a float that you would use prior to even dipping into your emergency funds.  

Let me use the example that I used from the other thread:

If you have an income that is around $1.6k to $3.8k per month, and most of the time you receive around $2,400, and you have expenses that are usually $1,800 to $2,200 per month, and most of the time the expenses are $2,000, then that is around $400 in disposable income, but surely it varies, so minimally you should likely be holding around $6,600 in cash to cover 3 months of your expenses.

yes you might have other money that is extra cash float or that you are holding in reserves for other purposes, maybe for buying on the dip or just for using when your income might be low.  You could spend 20-30 years or more never touching your emergency fund because if you have fluctuations in your cashflow, you would tap into your reserves and your float first, so hopefully you never get into a situation that you even need to touch your emergency fund.. because if you do, then shit is really hitting the fan at that point... and your situation has become more dire.. .. so in some sense if you are using your float and your reserves you can continue to buy BTC every week since buying BTC may well be a priority for anyone who is trying to build their stash... but whether they are able to build their BTC $50 per week or $100 per week or some other amount is going to vary on other ways that they are managing their cash, since it is good to be aggressive, but it is not good to put yourself into a situation that you don't have any money and you have to dip into your emergency fund.

another thing is that people who don't invest, might not even be in the practice of maintaining an emergency fund. ..and that might be part of the reason that they are poor and don't invest...because they are not managing their money well.. and so if someone is brand new to bitcoin and they do not have an emergency fund, they may well have to invest smaller amounts into BTC wheil they are building their emergency fund, and once the emergency fund gets up to 6 months then they can be more aggressive in their BTC investing.  

Another mistake that poor people make is to use their investment (BTC in this case) as their emergency fund.. and yeah, they are going to have fun staying poor, because you should not have to dip into your BTC ever, except upon a time that you have already chosen based on criteria that you had already set.. whether that is 1-2 cycles down the road or reaching some level or whatever that criteria might be.

As-Soon-As

Activity: 56
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 07, 2024, 01:09:25 AM

I just entered this topic for about an hour, and I will start looking at the details from today. But I have been looking at this topic for an hour with ideas and my mind is useful enough to invest. I will start investing according to everyone's idea and make my investment long term.  Because everyone here says long term investment is only more profitable, I will definitely show you the scenario of investing with proof from the day I start investing. So I am interested enough to invest now.
There's no need to show us proof of your bitcoin investment when you start investing in bitcoin because it isn't advisable to show your bitcoin online so that you will not be attacked. If you invest with everyone's ideas, you will not hold your bitcoin for a long term because you will not have enough money left to take care of your unforeseen problems. As a newbie, I will advise you to invest in bitcoin with the DCA strategy so that you will be accumulating bitcoin and also take care of your emergencies as they arise. The DCA strategy will help to control the volatile part of bitcoin in your portfolio and also control your emotions in deciding when to buy bitcoin. With the DCA strategy, you can also buy bitcoin even if the price is increasing or decreasing.
To get something good we have to do the right thing at the right time. Every dip is a golden opportunity to buy bitcoins. “You can't afford to invest a lot of money at once?” No problem, you invest using the DCA method. Remember that, it is possible to earn big from Bitcoin, when our investment Portfolio  is high, and this investment Portfolio, we should grow as much as possible with each dip of Bitcoin. The higher our investment Portfolio, the higher the earning potential.

I divide my fund into three parts, first part I will invest, second part I will save for later investment, and third part emergency fund. Emergency fund is what I keep in case I invest and I don't have to sell the investment if I face danger. Because I don't earn normally, I am currently studying, so what I have saved for investment is the money taken from my parents for tiffin and some special purpose. I keep funds strictly for my most urgent needs and to meet the basic needs of people.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5496801.msg64115343#msg64115343
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 308
Merit: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 07, 2024, 07:02:43 AM

I just entered this topic for about an hour, and I will start looking at the details from today. But I have been looking at this topic for an hour with ideas and my mind is useful enough to invest. I will start investing according to everyone's idea and make my investment long term.  Because everyone here says long term investment is only more profitable, I will definitely show you the scenario of investing with proof from the day I start investing. So I am interested enough to invest now.
There's no need to show us proof of your bitcoin investment when you start investing in bitcoin because it isn't advisable to show your bitcoin online so that you will not be attacked. If you invest with everyone's ideas, you will not hold your bitcoin for a long term because you will not have enough money left to take care of your unforeseen problems. As a newbie, I will advise you to invest in bitcoin with the DCA strategy so that you will be accumulating bitcoin and also take care of your emergencies as they arise. The DCA strategy will help to control the volatile part of bitcoin in your portfolio and also control your emotions in deciding when to buy bitcoin. With the DCA strategy, you can also buy bitcoin even if the price is increasing or decreasing.
To get something good we have to do the right thing at the right time. Every dip is a golden opportunity to buy bitcoins. “You can't afford to invest a lot of money at once?” No problem, you invest using the DCA method. Remember that, it is possible to earn big from Bitcoin, when our investment Portfolio  is high, and this investment Portfolio, we should grow as much as possible with each dip of Bitcoin. The higher our investment Portfolio, the higher the earning potential.

I divide my fund into three parts, first part I will invest, second part I will save for later investment, and third part emergency fund. Emergency fund is what I keep in case I invest and I don't have to sell the investment if I face danger. Because I don't earn normally, I am currently studying, so what I have saved for investment is the money taken from my parents for tiffin and some special purpose. I keep funds strictly for my most urgent needs and to meet the basic needs of people.
Since you are investing in bitcoin with the DCA strategy, there is no need to divide your money into three parts. You can divide your money into two equal parts and use one part to accumulate bitcoin with the DCA strategy and keep the second part as your emergency funds so that you will have enough money readily available for your emergencies. And since you have not started making your own money and depend on what your parents sent to invest in bitcoin, do not  be concerned about buying the dip before you sell your bitcoin investment to solve an urgent emergency because you are not sure if your parents will be sending you enough money that will allow saving money for you bitcoin investment every time. Stick with the DCA strategy to accumulate bitcoin; it will allow you to have enough time to make another saving from the money your parents will send you so that you can also make provisions for your emergency fund. As a student, the DCA strategy will help you control your emotions and allow you to focus 100% on your studies because you will be buying bitcoin as the price is increasing and decreasing. You will never think that you bought bitcoin at the wrong time or when the price is too high.

Samlucky O

Activity: 294
Merit: 251

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2024, 08:07:21 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2024, 08:30:14 AM by Samlucky O

Fair enough in regards to the further explanation in regards to the various things that earlier adopters might have done, and surely there has been a decent amount of variance, and yeah some may have sold too many too soon, and others may have just sold portions of their stack. Some may have had conviction from the beginning and others developed their conviction later, and surely it would be difficult to characterize in general kinds of ways, since there surely have been some folks who might have had approached BTC in similar ways as me, and surely there are differences in the financial circumstances of folks and even their technical knowledge, and including considering details of their too.
surely people approach on btc investment differs, expecially in technical aspect. that is why we have different categories of investors and there approaches. the list below shows 11 types of investor.
1. The Beginner
2. The Bitcoin Maximalist
3. The HODLer
4. The Trader
5. The FOMOer
6. The Hunter
7. The Traditional Investor
8. The Ecosystem Expert
9. The Crypto Native
10. The Early Adopter
11. The Whale
The 11 types of cryptocurrency investors

you are right , newbies investor can never be compeard to the crypto native or whales in regards to your explanation of people approach on Bitcoin investment differs expecially technical aspects. if you read through the link I Sheard , the crypto Native suits your explanation even though it didn't appear as thought,  but for now i see it as the perfect Match when classifying investor and there level of understanding and long expirenced in the ecosystem. sometimes I see you @JJG as one of them, i.e the crypto native. if you read down to the crypto native   you will come across a statement like this

Traits of a crypto native:
1. Lived through multiple market cycles.
2. Used to the high volatility.
3. Understand the technological and financial aspects of crypto.

another one I would have also considered is the ecosystem expert. but I think you will be in good position to explain more better or trow more light to this link I shared.

those are really 9 factor that influences people's decition on how to invest in bitcoin I would have loved to add more but I guess you have summarised all. it may be listed as 9 factor but deep diving into it it is actually more than 30 factors but summarised into 9.

By the way, I am claiming that my average cost per BTC is right around $1k, so yeah, I bought bitcoin cheaper and more expensive than that.  I think that the lowest that I bought BTC was around $182.. but surely I did not buy very much because I had run out of money, and really when the BTC is dipping that low, sometimes we will run out of money, and I ran out of money for a lot of 2015 during the time that the BTC prices were in the $200s, and surely I have some purchases in the $200s, but really there sometimes can be difficulties buying when the BTC price is so low, especially if you already have a bunch of BTC and your costs happen to be way higher than the then current price.  
I guess by then you didn't have discretionary income or was not yet knowledgeable about deliscretionary/ reserved fund or haven't been making attempts of keeping emergency or reserved fund. otherwise you wouldn't have allowed that golden opportunity of buying cheaper slip you off.  and I guess these where the predicament and scenerio that have captivated and change you. by making you putting emergency and reserved fund at first before anything, because if you had it then Bitcoin was at $200s you would have accumulated alot by now. but surely I believe no room for regrets because there is no time that is too late to invest in bitcoin but the level of your accumulation and consistency matters and haven discretionary fund to keep the train moving.

Also, I made several mistakes along the way, which I expect others to have had made some mistakes along the way too, whether they are earlier adopters or not.. and the concept of early adopter is surely a relative term, since it is likely that anyone getting in below $1k will be considered an early adopter to some, and anyone getting in below $10k will also be considered an early adopter to others. .maybe a bit later down the road, even though newbies to bitcoin likely realize that it is quite unlikely that either sub $10k or even sub 20k or $30k will ever be reached again.. Surely the lower the price, the more confidence that we might have that such prices are not likely to ever be reached again (absent some breaking of bitcoin).
it might be true but I doubt that " the lower the price the more confident that we might that such price is likely not to be reached again" because Bitcoin is volatile and anything volitille can not be predicted uprightly. despite bitcoin is the best investment, it can even fall to 0 even as we don't think of that. let's say around the ending part of 2021 Bitcoin made it way up to around $46,886.08 per btc. and fall way below $20k around 2022. surely most people never thought of btc to fall below $20k in late 2022 after hitting $46,886.08 around December 2021. but it fell to $16k in the late December 2022 in 1 year interval. meaning that no level passed can be assumed to be likely not to be reached again.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Taskford

Activity: 2548
Merit: 795

View Profile
May 07, 2024, 08:42:09 AM

Technically you should not be using emergency funds to buy dips.. but you can use reserve funds.  Yeah of course people call these things different things, but the idea of emergency funds is to have money to live and to pay for your expense if an actual emergency takes place or if you lose your income for some reason, you have a little bit of breathing space.

Emergency funds are not a part of your cashflow.  You seem to be talking about some kind of a float.  Emergency funds are something that you build up and then you likely never will have to touch.. ever..  they are usually something .like 3-6 months of your expenses, so if you lose your job or you get hit by a bus, but you are still living, you might have some expenses but unable to work for 3-6 months, but if you are managing your money well, you may well have other funds such as reserves and a float that you would use prior to even dipping into your emergency funds.  

Let me use the example that I used from the other thread:

If you have an income that is around $1.6k to $3.8k per month, and most of the time you receive around $2,400, and you have expenses that are usually $1,800 to $2,200 per month, and most of the time the expenses are $2,000, then that is around $400 in disposable income, but surely it varies, so minimally you should likely be holding around $6,600 in cash to cover 3 months of your expenses.

yes you might have other money that is extra cash float or that you are holding in reserves for other purposes, maybe for buying on the dip or just for using when your income might be low.  You could spend 20-30 years or more never touching your emergency fund because if you have fluctuations in your cashflow, you would tap into your reserves and your float first, so hopefully you never get into a situation that you even need to touch your emergency fund.. because if you do, then shit is really hitting the fan at that point... and your situation has become more dire.. .. so in some sense if you are using your float and your reserves you can continue to buy BTC every week since buying BTC may well be a priority for anyone who is trying to build their stash... but whether they are able to build their BTC $50 per week or $100 per week or some other amount is going to vary on other ways that they are managing their cash, since it is good to be aggressive, but it is not good to put yourself into a situation that you don't have any money and you have to dip into your emergency fund.

another thing is that people who don't invest, might not even be in the practice of maintaining an emergency fund. ..and that might be part of the reason that they are poor and don't invest...because they are not managing their money well.. and so if someone is brand new to bitcoin and they do not have an emergency fund, they may well have to invest smaller amounts into BTC wheil they are building their emergency fund, and once the emergency fund gets up to 6 months then they can be more aggressive in their BTC investing.  

Another mistake that poor people make is to use their investment (BTC in this case) as their emergency fund.. and yeah, they are going to have fun staying poor, because you should not have to dip into your BTC ever, except upon a time that you have already chosen based on criteria that you had already set.. whether that is 1-2 cycles down the road or reaching some level or whatever that criteria might be.

The problem with some people is they don't know the meaning or how emergency funds used. They sometimes think about that this is extra funds to use for their investment that's why it leaves something bad impression and leave some wrong statement regarding unto this topic. If they could able to spend some time to know how proper budgeting on everything they do from their earnings for sure everything will be separated well. They could able to separate their budget for food,travel,bills,emergency funds and for investment.
If there's some funds left came from somewhere else especially if we have multiple source of income then we can use to add it up on our investment and that's how we can actually maximize our investment without worrying on anything else out there.

Emergency funds should not meant to be spent on anything not needed especially on risky situation since it could save our asses if there's something wrong will happen to us in future. And much better for people to forget about that funds and only take it when you really need that money to survive.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Barikui1

Activity: 210
Merit: 147

View Profile
May 07, 2024, 08:49:25 AM

What you said is actually a good thing, but you need to understand that in Bitcoin investment, it's very important to have a source of income that keeps you going, because if it's from the money for upkeep from your parents that you divided and use part of it to invest, it will definitely be unsustainable on the longer run, because I believe that the emergency fund you are talking about wouldn't be enough to weather the storm when in serious financial needs, and that may compel you to temper with your investment, so it's best you have a source of income.

Another thing why I said so is that, like 20% of your income will be enough to invest in Bitcoin, and the remaining 80% can take care of your emergency funds and other expenses, but this investment plan you are using will definitely not be sustainable on the longer run.

Hewlet

Activity: 294
Merit: 120

View Profile
May 07, 2024, 09:12:00 AM

Fair enough in regards to the further explanation in regards to the various things that earlier adopters might have done, and surely there has been a decent amount of variance, and yeah some may have sold too many too soon, and others may have just sold portions of their stack. Some may have had conviction from the beginning and others developed their conviction later, and surely it would be difficult to characterize in general kinds of ways, since there surely have been some folks who might have had approached BTC in similar ways as me, and surely there are differences in the financial circumstances of folks and even their technical knowledge, and including considering details of their too.
surely people approach on btc investment differs, expecially in technical aspect. that is why we have different categories of investors and there approaches. the list below shows 11 types of investor.
1. The Beginner
2. The Bitcoin Maximalist
3. The HODLer
4. The Trader
5. The FOMOer
6. The Hunter
7. The Traditional Investor
8. The Ecosystem Expert
9. The Crypto Native
10. The Early Adopter
11. The Whale
The 11 types of cryptocurrency investors

being too technical as regards the kind of investor you are is not really necessary the way I look at it because at the end of the day, even if you're a beginner or you  fall into any of those category of people you tend to outline as the types of investors, it doesn't change the narrative that what's expected of anyone that's investing into Bitcoin is that they buy Bitcoin and HODL it while adding more Bitcoin during several consecutive times which is what we've come to know as DCA. Whatever category of investor you fall under doesn't really make any difference and to be even honest, some of those things You're talking about are just mere ideas that tend to describe a particular set of people that are already in involved in Bitcoin maybe for the short term benefit and doesn't in any way mean that everyone  have to make attempt to fall into any of the category You've outlined here.

Every real Bitcoin investor should think of himself as an HODLer that's building his bitcoin for the long term purpose and any sort of idea like categorizing yourself as an hunter, FOMOer or even trader doesn't fit into the real niche of Bitcoin investments but might possibly become a setback that might hinder the holder from for being able to continue to DCA for a long.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
Tmoonz

Activity: 168
Merit: 127

View Profile
May 07, 2024, 09:35:46 AM

I just entered this topic for about an hour, and I will start looking at the details from today. But I have been looking at this topic for an hour with ideas and my mind is useful enough to invest. I will start investing according to everyone's idea and make my investment long term.  Because everyone here says long term investment is only more profitable, I will definitely show you the scenario of investing with proof from the day I start investing. So I am interested enough to invest now.
To get something good we have to do the right thing at the right time. Every dip is a golden opportunity to buy bitcoins. “You can't afford to invest a lot of money at once?” No problem, you invest using the DCA method. Remember that, it is possible to earn big from Bitcoin, when our investment Portfolio  is high, and this investment Portfolio, we should grow as much as possible with each dip of Bitcoin. The higher our investment Portfolio, the higher the earning potential.

What you said is actually a good thing, but you need to understand that in Bitcoin investment, it's very important to have a source of income that keeps you going, because if it's from the money for upkeep from your parents that you divided and use part of it to invest, it will definitely be unsustainable on the longer run, because I believe that the emergency fund you are talking about wouldn't be enough to weather the storm when in serious financial needs, and that may compel you to temper with your investment, so it's best you have a source of income.

Another thing why I said so is that, like 20% of your income will be enough to invest in Bitcoin, and the remaining 80% can take care of your emergency funds and other expenses, but this investment plan you are using will definitely not be sustainable on the longer run.

As a student that is not working allocating 20 percent from the money het gets from his parents might just be too much, he needed to allocate a more conservative percentage of  about 5 to 10 percent in to Bitcoin and use the rest for his other needs so that he can be accumulating Bitcoin without stress or seeing it as a burden or struggling as a student that is no working but depends on his parents. However it is better to comfortablely go wimpy without struggling thou it will take a longer period of time to arrive at a good size of Bitcoin which is better than being a no coiner.

Mayor of ogba

View Profile
May 07, 2024, 10:18:32 AM

Now if you buy the dip with the emergency money and something happens within the week and you don't have extra money to solve the emergency need, you have to make a sale of the bitcoin investment you initiated in the week to solve the emergency and if the dip is below the purchase price of bitcoin then you are at the losing side of the investment because you did plan well for the investment. Always keep the emergency funds down the emergency purpose and not buy the dip.
Any investor who is using his emergency fund to accumulate bitcoin when there's a dip is going against the rule of keeping an emergency fund before investing in bitcoin. That investor will never hold his bitcoin for the long term because, when an emergency hits him, he will not think twice about selling his bitcoin, even though he is at a loss to sort out his life. You know, before you start your day, you have to brush your teeth, and you wake up one morning and notice that your toothpaste is finished. That one is not an emergency because we know we are meant to make provisions for it. An emergency is when you have a delay in your weekly or monthly salary payment at the place of your work. You can use the money you kept for emergencies to live with until you receive your weekly or monthly salary payment. You should also replace the money when you receive your salary to make your emergency fund healthy enough to help you out for a long time.

Jerrycrypto2024

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 07, 2024, 10:57:32 AM

Now if you buy the dip with the emergency money and something happens within the week and you don't have extra money to solve the emergency need, you have to make a sale of the bitcoin investment you initiated in the week to solve the emergency and if the dip is below the purchase price of bitcoin then you are at the losing side of the investment because you did plan well for the investment. Always keep the emergency funds down the emergency purpose and not buy the dip.
Any investor who is using his emergency fund to accumulate bitcoin when there's a dip is going against the rule of keeping an emergency fund before investing in bitcoin. That investor will never hold his bitcoin for the long term because, when an emergency hits him, he will not think twice about selling his bitcoin, even though he is at a loss to sort out his life. You know, before you start your day, you have to brush your teeth, and you wake up one morning and notice that your toothpaste is finished. That one is not an emergency because we know we are meant to make provisions for it. An emergency is when you have a delay in your weekly or monthly salary payment at the place of your work. You can use the money you kept for emergencies to live with until you receive your weekly or monthly salary payment. You should also replace the money when you receive your salary to make your emergency fund healthy enough to help you out for a long time.

No good investor that will see emergency fund as something to play with in as much as having the intention to hold long term is the aim of that investor, because is not a matter of using it and later replace back reason been that emergency is unforseen circumstances that can't never give you sign before it take place, for investor to use it to buy during the dip is a sign that the investor may likely not hold for long term.btc is volatile and is not a market of haste you need gain on the market some high level of patience and tolerance must be in place, if a n investor uses emergency fund to buy the dip what of if there is a further dip than expected buy the investor when emergency is hitting he/her very hard it will end up selling more than the emergency fund invested because some emergency need early stage solution. The best is to avoid tempering anything emergency fund instead look for means of increasing one emergency fund if the investor have the intention of Long term holding.
Bravut

Activity: 112
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 07, 2024, 11:12:09 AM

No good investor that will see emergency fund as something to play with in as much as having the intention to hold long term is the aim of that investor, because is not a matter of using it and later replace back reason been that emergency is unforseen circumstances that can't never give you sign before it take place, for investor to use it to buy during the dip is a sign that the investor may likely not hold for long term.btc is volatile and is not a market of haste you need gain on the market some high level of patience and tolerance must be in place, if a n investor uses emergency fund to buy the dip what of if there is a further dip than expected buy the investor when emergency is hitting he/her very hard it will end up selling more than the emergency fund invested because some emergency need early stage solution. The best is to avoid tempering anything emergency fund instead look for means of increasing one emergency fund if the investor have the intention of Long term holding.

Not necessarily increasing it, but proper planning goes along way. Aside investing in Bitcoin it is financial wise to have emergency funds and also Discretionary funds. Havin  Discretionary funds serves better in terms of any useful thing to be done whereas your emergency funds is kept for emergencies mainly not some minor cases in household. In essence in order not to get exhausted while accumulating we need have both emergency and discretionary funds, JJG have explained this better.

Approach, invest in a Valuable asset like Bitcoin with a plan.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Spaceman1000$

Activity: 532
Merit: 166

View Profile
May 07, 2024, 12:03:15 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2024, 12:19:04 PM by Spaceman1000$

I just entered this topic for about an hour, and I will start looking at the details from today. But I have been looking at this topic for an hour with ideas and my mind is useful enough to invest. I will start investing according to everyone's idea and make my investment long term.  Because everyone here says long term investment is only more profitable, I will definitely show you the scenario of investing with proof from the day I start investing. So I am interested enough to invest now.
To get something good we have to do the right thing at the right time. Every dip is a golden opportunity to buy bitcoins. “You can't afford to invest a lot of money at once?” No problem, you invest using the DCA method. Remember that, it is possible to earn big from Bitcoin, when our investment Portfolio  is high, and this investment Portfolio, we should grow as much as possible with each dip of Bitcoin. The higher our investment Portfolio, the higher the earning potential.

As a student that is not working allocating 20 percent from the money het gets from his parents might just be too much, he needed to allocate a more conservative percentage of  about 5 to 10 percent in to Bitcoin and use the rest for his other needs so that he can be accumulating Bitcoin without stress or seeing it as a burden or struggling as a student that is no working but depends on his parents. However it is better to comfortablely go wimpy without struggling thou it will take a longer period of time to arrive at a good size of Bitcoin which is better than being a no coiner.
I agree with you on the percentage range the student should be alloting to his bitcoin accumulation, given the fact that his parents are still sorting his bills. Academic work comes with a lot of financial responsibilities, you should be able to strike a balance between what you have to spend on your day to day routine as a student and the amount you keep for your investment. Bitcoin investment is not sprint but a marathon race, which allows you time to accumulate little by little over time.

Mayor of ogba

View Profile
May 07, 2024, 12:42:42 PM

No good investor that will see emergency fund as something to play with in as much as having the intention to hold long term is the aim of that investor, because is not a matter of using it and later replace back reason been that emergency is unforseen circumstances that can't give you sign before it take place
The example I gave in my post above is clear for you to know that a delay in someone's weekly or monthly salary payment is a good emergency that will make that person use his emergency fund to cover up until the person receives his salary. For instance, you used to receive your monthly payment at the end of each month, but something happened at the place of your work, and you got paid on the 10th of the new month. You will have no choice but to use your emergency fund to sort out your bills because you never expected that your salary payment would be delayed.

Pages: « 1 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 »
  Print  

Jump to: