Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:55:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 82656 times)
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 308
Merit: 197

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 08, 2024, 05:53:21 PM

Even though an investor doesn't have a good income source to keep a reserve and float funds, it is okay, but the investor should always make provisions for emergency funds, even if he has to reduce the money he will be using to accumulate bitcoin weekly or monthly just to build up emergency funds. It is important to have emergency funds when investing in bitcoin so that if any emergency happens, you will have what to use to settle the emergency and not depend on your bitcoin portfolio to solve it.
Exactly one of the reason I strongly preach against lump-summing as a formidable technique when accumulating bitcoin. Lump-summing could lead to aggressive accumulation that may affect other areas of your finance. People should always know that, inasmuch as your investment is necessarily important because it takes care of your long-term goals, there are also short-term goals one needs to meet, it could be from getting groceries to paying some bills at home.

Every strategy for buying Bitcoin is unique and solely depends on the investor in terms of his financial situation, risk tolerance level, investment goals and objectives (investment time horizon inclusive) the choice of strategies is not that really important to me but rather what is most important is how much of worth of Bitcoin do you have in your bag and how long can you be able to hold, I don't think if the Idea of lump summing has anything to do with being aggressive in your accumulation rather it has to do with buying right away with the available amount that is kept aside for buying Bitcoin, a man who has become knowledgeable about Bitcoin with so much believe can become limited in to investing in Bitcoin because of lack of finance, while receiving a huge amount of money can decide to to lump sum his first buying right away with the amount he made readily available to accumulate Bitcoin while other of his personal needs are already taken care of including emergency funds, while he may continues with dca strategy,  there is nothing wrong being aggressive in your accumulation especially for a no or low coiner but it only becomes problematic when you are being overly being aggressive where it will affect your other needs. However, the combination of the both strategies can as well yield a better results. And, every investor must tailor down his choice of strategies that will suits him or her which will enable him in making an Informed decisions.
While you may be right at some point, when that man receives that huge sum of money and decides to invest everything due to FOMO or ignorance about the importance of having an emergency fund as well as a reserve for future emergencies amd expenses, and he decides to invest everything (lump-sum), would you not consider his actions or method as aggressive?

Let's properly look at that hypothetical scenario. A man has been studying about bitcoin investment and becomes too enthusiastic to invest in it without actually knowing everything about bitcoin, of course we already know that knowledge is limitless and you can never know everything no matter how much you know, you'll still have so much more to know. And in Bitcoin investment, there's just so much you wouldn't know until you've started your investment, those things studying wouldn't teach you all that, there are things you learn via studying and there are others you learn via experience so to gain the experience you need to be actively involved and utilizing the knowledge you've obtained over the years .

So let's assume the man in question have gathered lots of Bitcoin knowledge but has never invested before due to lack or limited funds and then all of a sudden, he receives $5k and without knowing that the importance of setting aside some money (Emergency Funds, Reserve and a float), or he's afraid on missing oitbon all the profits because during his waiting period, he's been seeing how profitable the market can be and how much he could've made if he had some good number of Bitcoin (FOMO) or simply because of just how enthusiastic or optimistic he has grown towards the market, he invests all $5k via lump-sum strategy, would you still still not consider his actions as not being too aggressive or still say you do not see any relationship between aggressive accumulation and lump-summing?

And yeah, every strategy is unique in their own way, it depends on the investors' goals and objectives. Trading is also a strategy that aligns with someone's goals and objectives, but you and I know how risky trading can be. Infact it's not even considered investing but gambling, yes it's still a strategy and it aligns well with someone's goals and objectives.
My point is that strategy matters a lot, because you could be using a strategy without really knowing the true potential of that strategy, simply because you feel it aligns with your investment goals without actually acknowledging the underlying risks involved.
Some strategies increases your risks of losses while some could relatively help you minimize those risks, sometimes without you even knowing about it. I'm not saying other strategies are not important, for the purpose of this study, they are important but there are strategies that are better regardless your goals, as long as Bitcoin accumulation is concerned.

Every strategies has it's prons and cons and there are several reasons for investors choice of strategies and there is no reason for this argument or making any forms or comparisons. However, it seems that you are misunderstanding the Idea and concepts of lump summing such that the fact that any investor will option to make the use of the lump summing as a strategy does not necessarily means that there was no provisions made for emergency funds or to have not taken care of his other needs and probably might not even be as a result of fomo. The Idea of lump summing has more to do with investing right away with a huge sum of money readily made available for investment after ensuring your other needs are taken care of including emergency funds which is Very important as individual even without venturing in to investment.
Lump sum investment is mostly practice or utilized by wealthy investors, who want to utilize the opportunity that present itself, rather than wait for later. Just as you have rightly stated, every investors should adopt a strategy that suits him/her, but it should be combined with DCA. The way the market tends to be these days relying on one strategy might not go well. For me if I have a big sum of money to invest, I will divide it into two, use half for lump sum and use the second part to be doing DCA every week. This way you will benefit from different market conditions.
To buy bitcoin with a lump-sum strategy is not bad; you can even buy bitcoin at a low price with a lump-sum strategy. As you said, it is for the rich investor. Some investors can't be patient enough to accumulate the quantity of bitcoin they want with the DCA strategy, and they can decide to buy the quantity of bitcoin they want to hold at a time with a lump sum strategy. Those investors will not sell their bitcoin at a loss because they already have a good income source they will live with for so many years. They will only sell their bitcoin when they see a reasonable profit from their bitcoin investment. If I have enough money to buy one bitcoin at a time and I will still be very okay not to depend on my bitcoin investment for 20–30 years, I will do it. Why most investors adopt the DCA strategy is because the DCA strategy will make you not take a loan to invest in bitcoin, and it will also allow you to accumulate bitcoin weekly or monthly with the money that you can afford to do without for a long term. It also helps you to keep emergency funds, reserve funds, and float funds, which will help you hold your bitcoin investment for a long term.

Sim_card

Activity: 448
Merit: 405

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2024, 06:07:13 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

If compare the price since this thread is created, i think we never ever going back to the 2019 price, so I think no more deep price like 2019. The most appropriate course of action for now is to buy everything and don't be scare about peak price, you will see another peak if you HOLD it
Is still a reckless tactic in my own opinion and buying every dip and hodling is still a better tactic, a lot of people didn't expect the prices to crash at 2018 but it did happen, buy the price at every down turn to make sure that you aren't losing a lot of money when a big dip ever happens.

The problem is that we don't know what is in store for the future, so all we can do now is to risk a little but be full of caution on what you are doing.

You can hodl but you don't need to buy at every price point, if you want to profit big, you need to wait for a big increase in the prices which could take years or in best case months.
I don't get your point, are you insisting that we should not buy bitcoin at every price level, of course that is the best way to buy bitcoin for new beginners who just started their bitcoin journey. This is give them the opportunity to build their bitcoin portfolio overtime as long as they can constantly buying weekly or monthly using DCA. Buying at the dip is good and it is the best way to make good profits, if you are opportune to buy at the dip.

The DCA method is the best, because you don't need to start waiting for months or years or for an unknown day that may/maynot come to pass. This is why it is not a good practice by a new beginner or a low coiner to wait for the dip, because he might end up not buying when the dip comes, or he will still be waiting for more dips, when he is already at the dip, which will become a big challenge on him to build his bitcoin stash. The purpose of buying bitcoin is to have enough as an investment for the future, because in the future bitcoin will be more precious and valuable than what it is now.

The bottom line is a new investors or low coiner should not stop buying but continue building regularly, and this is why the DCA strategy suits them most. It is only investors that feel they have enough Bitcoin or have acquired a high level of bitcoin that buying at the dip is the best strategy for them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
teamsherry

Activity: 182
Merit: 53

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 08, 2024, 07:15:18 PM

Every strategies has it's prons and cons and there are several reasons for investors choice of strategies and there is no reason for this arguments or making any forms or comparisons. However, it seems that you are misunderstanding the Idea and concepts of the lump summing such that the fact that any investor will option to make the use of the lump summing as a strategy does not necessarily means that there was no provisions made for emergency funds or to have not taken care of his other needs and probably might not even be as a result of fomo. The Idea of lump summing has more to do with investing right away with a huge sum of money readily made available for investment after ensuring your other needs are taken care of including emergency funds which is Very important as individual even without venturing in to investment.
Lump sum investment is mostly practice or utilized by wealthy investors, who want to utilize the opportunity that present itself, rather than wait for later. Just as you have rightly stated, every investors should adopt a strategy that suits him/her, but it should be combined with DCA. The way the market tends to be these days relying on one strategy might not really go well. For me if I have a big sum of money to invest, I will divide it into two, use half for lump sum and use the second part to be doing DCA every week. This way you will benefit from different market conditions.

lump sum can be used by any investor both rich and average that wishes to put in some money into bitcoin irrespective of the price or timing in the market, i like to see my lump sum investment like hey i just received an extra cash and I think I need to buy some bitcoin with it so instead of just using it for DCA or adding it to my DCA  amount, I rather just put it at once into bitcoin, yeah we can get confused especially if the amount is not big enough if we actually made a lump sum investment, but if its more than the Normal DCA investment then we can call it a lump sum investment.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Tmoonz

Activity: 168
Merit: 133

View Profile
May 08, 2024, 07:28:06 PM

If compare the price since this thread is created, i think we never ever going back to the 2019 price, so I think no more deep price like 2019. The most appropriate course of action for now is to buy everything and don't be scare about peak price, you will see another peak if you HOLD it
Is still a reckless tactic in my own opinion and buying every dip and hodling is still a better tactic, a lot of people didn't expect the prices to crash at 2018 but it did happen, buy the price at every down turn to make sure that you aren't losing a lot of money when a big dip ever happens.

The problem is that we don't know what is in store for the future, so all we can do now is to risk a little but be full of caution on what you are doing.

You can hodl but you don't need to buy at every price point, if you want to profit big, you need to wait for a big increase in the prices which could take years or in best case months.

I see so much emotions in your naratives, that is the reason why it is always advisable to invest only the amount you can afford to lose, by investing only the money you can be comfortable with.

Thou in as much as your naratives are not clear enough but am still wondering the kind of big profit you want to get in months and what could possibly be your position in the market is ? That is a trader aim at short term few dollar profits, I can see that you are new to this thread and with time you are going to learn a lot of things, there is nothing wrong buying at every price point if the money is readily available, it gives you the opportunity of having or building up your Bitcoin portfolio, with dca either weekly or monthly consistently in order to have a reasonable amount of Bitcoin, because it takes accumulating fewer and fewer of Bitcoin to have a larger size of Bitcoin and hold for long-term which is the only way you can make a big profit just as you said.

ginsan

Activity: 1344
Merit: 623

View Profile
May 08, 2024, 08:17:56 PM

I am basically ready to buy another dip in DCA method this May, I deposit bitcoins in DCA method every month. But since the beginning of May is only a few days away, I wonder if there is a possibility of a dip in Bitcoin this May? 
But in the middle of this month I will buy bitcoin dip and deposit. This May I will buy bitcoin dip because buy dip by accumulated money must wait some time and wait to buy max dip.
It seems like you are still hesitating about your decision, even though you are using the DCA strategy where the best decision should be to continue buying without any doubt at the price level you are executing. I agree with your steps that buying every month is the best choice because if you accumulate regularly every month you will have the opportunity to find the lowest price.

Apart from that, if you ask us when is the right time to buy, of course the time is right when you press the buy button. If you believe in the DCA strategy, you certainly won't ask when is the right time to buy.

We have passed the halving where the rewards for miners are getting smaller, did you know the point of this meaning is the scarcity that will occur in each halving period. So don't hesitate to press the buy button because the buy button is what dips really mean.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Greyhats

Activity: 182
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 08, 2024, 08:26:05 PM

No matter the size of your income, you can make provisions for, emergency funds, reserve and float. All you have to do is just assign a certain percentage to all of the funds you are to keep aside, you can say emergency funds will get 5% of your monthly income, 10% will go to  reserve funds, 20% investment and so on. If you can be able to put everything in percentage it will be a bit easier for you. Immediately your salary comes in you will know before hand how much you are putting in each funds account. You can't say your salary is too small and neglect to make provisions for any of the funds which you are expected to set aside, if you do it your investment will be tempared with on the long run. No matter the range of your salary, please always make provisions for emergency funds, reserve and float. It will save you lots of troubles in the future.

This is exactly how I do it, I have a % allocation of my disposable income that gets split up into the different places. The one thing to note, and most people don't do this but its a good practice to do is when your emergency fund is fully funded you should continue to add % based on the inflation rate in your country. This is ensure the buying power stays relative to your market. 3 months is good place to start as coverage for your emergency fund, and then you got options to go to 6,12,15,18 months etc. I personally capped it out at 18 months, but have been doing this a long time, 3-6months can usually deal with most things to be honest.

% based division of disposable income is nice too, because when you get a salary increase or even like "bonus" or "unexpected windfall" you can apply the same % divisions to spread it out into your different places.

Keep stacking Smiley
Investment success must be based on a proper planning and an additional amount of money to meet basic household expenses against disposable income. If you have a lot of income you can increase the amount of investment, but the amount of emergency fund coverage for a long period of 18 months but I think you are wasting. You could have kept coverage for at least 6 months and should have decided to invest the remaining amount. In this, you could get the investment profit of your extra money. Even during bearish periods more BTC should be invested. To be honest many are more conservative in decision making which may not be correct.
It may be a good decision to withdraw yourself from waste when you know you have to continue through the holding.

18 months is long enough preparation if  he mean about that emergency funds and we might just waste some money there for hiding a lot of money intended for emergency funds since for sure in span of 6 months we can find another opportunity that can generate us another source of income.

For people still got confuse about what is emergency funds and how should use it then maybe this article could able to give them an idea about its real use https://www.wellsfargo.com/financial-education/basic-finances/manage-money/cashflow-savings/emergencies/ They should not get confuse about their reserve funds since this is truly different since this can be a disposable amount which they can use for additional investment or other things they need in life. 3 to 6 months emergency funds reserve is enough and for sure we can secure our selves with that time span.

Let me add some context around the 18 months and the why. Say you have an emergency and you have to dip in and use say 6months, well if you only had 6 months in there you now need to go replace this which means diverting % from your other places you divide your money up to. It happened and I missed out on a few opportunities because I had to reallocate into the emergency fund to replenish it. After that I went to 12 months emergency fund. Another time I was laid off 3 times in one year, plus a whole bunch of things happened which caused me to use up the 12month fund. Definitely an outlier in general “emergency” type situations but it caused a lot of hardship and headaches. After re-establishing 12 month fund and having a few nightmares about something like that happening again I upped to 15 months and bit later on through a windfall it’s at 18months. It’s nearly all liquid, a small portion of it is invested in a Roth, which I can withdraw from easily if needed without any penalties or tax etc(most ppl don’t do this but you can)

Most general emergencies can be be handled by 3-6months, but by god that one year was a bad one. Luckily I had 12months of cash but it nearly broke me.
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1186

View Profile
May 08, 2024, 08:38:07 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), ginsan (1)

Starting an investment based on other people's ideas is certainly not good. Because, this action is considered to have no basis in itself. However, what I can summarize from Brother As-Son-As' explanation, it seems like he is only expressing his opinion, that he will follow the advice or knowledge he gets from everyone discussing on this forum to start investing in bitcoin. I think As-Son-As' opinion is not completely wrong. However, his impression of not having a stance makes his opinion a little less pleasant to read. And I also agree with Dailyscript's opinion, that the knowledge or insights contained in this thread still need to be filtered. Because everyone who wants to start investing in Bitcoin must have different readiness. Both in terms of money and mental. However, if you look at the contents of this thread. Actually, many members discussed DCA. And I think this technique is very good to use in bitcoin investment. Because one of the advantages of DCA in my opinion is that it doesn't really differentiate between the money or capital that must be invested (in terms of amount). This means that no matter how much money you have (as long as the amount can be sent to an exchange), as long as the money is cold, the DCA technique can definitely be used on bitcoin.
You can consider other people's ideas in adjusting your investment plan. If you already have your own plan then it is better for you to apply it in your investment journey. No one forces us to implement other people ideas because we are investing with our own money and we will decide. However, in this case everything needs good adaptation which we may not yet understand, so input from other people's ideas can open our horizons in investing in bitcoin.

Forcing yourself to consider other people's ideas in your investment journey can basically destroy the investment plans you have built for a long time. If you have a good planning framework supported by useful strategies, then go ahead and improve. I think this method is more challenging than hoping that other people's ideas will provide commensurate benefits for you, but as a decision maker you have the right to use whatever method you believe will produce return.

The best way is to accumulate bitcoin every week with the financial level we have, for example if you can afford $50 per week then buy it regularly until you feel satisfied with your bitcoin ownership.

Our investment goals have various meanings, starting from investing for old age for those who have passed the age of 50 years. And also for those aged 30 years and over, maybe they invest to make a profit and buy things they have dreamed of.

So far we have only bought and it is difficult to hold bitcoin for long, therefore we need ideas from other people regarding their explanations of how we can hold bitcoin longer.

Although the accumulation strategy is really useful when you are planning to build a portfolio, it is not an easy thing to implement when you are not supported by an established budget. Imagine how much someone would earn if you were to accumulate $50 a week and accumulate $200 a month, maybe $1500 a month assuming they set an accumulation budget of 13% to 14% in a month?

Of course we are not talking about the average person who earns more than $5000 in a month, but it is about those who want to accumulate with an income of less than $1000. It's difficult in my opinion, of course, but there is still a chance if they don't have many expense items every month.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Judith87403

Activity: 100
Merit: 66

View Profile
May 08, 2024, 08:49:23 PM

To buy bitcoin with a lump-sum strategy is not bad; you can even buy bitcoin at a low price with a lump-sum strategy. As you said, it is for the rich investor. Some investors can't be patient enough to accumulate the quantity of bitcoin they want with the DCA strategy, and they can decide to buy the quantity of bitcoin they want to hold at a time with a lump sum strategy.

DCA strategy is not only established for the poor but could also be use by anybody irrespective of their financial status weather poor or rich, however the only difference between the poor and the rich in terms of using DCA strategy is the amount they budget on accumulation basis, for instance someone that doesn't have much money could only focus on the amount he can afford maybe accumulate using $10 on a weekly basis while the rich could budget up to $100 or more on a weekly basis, so don't have the perception that DCA strategy is only for the poor because on the contrary it can be use by anyone, and perhaps that's the method so many rich people are currently using.
Agbe

Activity: 896
Merit: 1269

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
May 08, 2024, 10:04:43 PM

DCA strategy is not only established for the poor but could also be use by anybody irrespective of their financial status weather poor or rich, however the only difference between the poor and the rich in terms of using DCA strategy is the amount they budget on accumulation basis, for instance someone that doesn't have much money could only focus on the amount he can afford maybe accumulate using $10 on a weekly basis while the rich could budget up to $100 or more on a weekly basis, so don't have the perception that DCA strategy is only for the poor because on the contrary it can be use by anyone, and perhaps that's the method so many rich people are currently using.
I understand your point but I must tell you that DCA have a limit. You can't tell a poor man who is not living with a dollar a day to invest in bitcoin because all his mind is how to survive first in his live before thinking of any other things. So DCA approach is very good for those who are working or income earners and probably they have other needs to settle or bills to pay and they are interested to invest in bitcoin so they set time frame to buy bitcoin either daily, weekly and monthly and all depends on the income capability of the person. And according to Jay JuanGee, he prefers them to use the weekly plan.

Ruttoshi

Activity: 336
Merit: 277

Baba God Noni

View Profile
May 08, 2024, 10:18:14 PM

I understand your point but I must tell you that DCA have a limit. You can't tell a poor man who is not living with a dollar a day to invest in bitcoin because all his mind is how to survive first in his live before thinking of any other things. So DCA approach is very good for those who are working or income earners and probably they have other needs to settle or bills to pay and they are interested to invest in bitcoin so they set time frame to buy bitcoin either daily, weekly and monthly and all depends on the income capability of the person. And according to Jay JuanGee, he prefers them to use the weekly plan.
@JJG did not specifically said weekly is the best, but he would always say that it should  be based on when your receive your income either weekly, monthly or quarterly. If you are receiving salary monthly, then you are to DCA monthly with maybe 10%, and if your income is weekly, you DCA weekly. If it is quarterly, you can share the money into segments and DCA monthly or you can frontload your bitcoin purchase, but it should be based on your own case scenario playing out at that moment.

A poor man who cannot feed himself daily cannot invest in bitcoin, only if he gets a second job or a better job that after all his expenses in the monthhe still have some money left, he can use that excess to invest in bitcoin through DCA. A poor man does not mean someone that does not have a means of income.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10324

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 08, 2024, 10:21:01 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2024, 10:33:26 PM by JayJuanGee

And so with my own situation, I came into bitcoin thinking that I was going to hold whatever I bought for at least a year, but most likely at least 2 years, yet these days I think that many of us know more about bitcoin, and any new investor should be able to commit to investing 4 years or longer.. of course, people are going to be scared and even some of them want to try to play the wave that is likely less than 4 years, and so I consider those folks to be traders and/or gamblers rather than investing, even if some of them might end up changing their minds and decide to stay longer.. just like I continued to stay longer rather than ever making any radical moves to sell large portions of my holdings.. which also could be considered a bit of controversial stance - since we know that in 2018, the correction was in the ballpark of 85%, so that can cause regrets from a lot of folks in terms of not having had sold much or even any BTC during the earlier price rise.
....The experience you've shared about yourself of initially hoping to HODLing for just a year or too but decided to consider a longer term of 4 years or longer investment horizon is a road map to how investors should perceive and embrace Bitcoin investment.

I mostly highlighted that point in order to suggest that it is quite likely that bitcoin has a stronger investment thesis these days than it did in late 2013 - and surely we can evolve our thinking - while at the same time, I understand why sometimes newbie bitcoin investors might feel some reluctance to committing towards longer investment periods - such as 4-10 years or longer, even though it seems that many of us should be able to have greater conviction in terms of bitcoin than we might have had in late 2013.

Reserved
I have seen you do something like this before and I thought it was a mistake or some network error from your browser but you making a repetition here makes it obvious that it is a deliberate act and I don't know the reason why you choose to reserve this space but I urge you to desist from this act.

I saw that too, and I did not say anything, even though the post is likely against forum rules for anyone other than OP to make a reserve post in terms of the starting of a thread and creating some extra reserve posts in the beginning of the thread.. .. but a regular person posting in a thread is not even supposed to post twice in a row, without some kind of delay (perhaps more than 24 hours) between posts, so having two posts in a row would likely be against forum rules, especially since in the case of a "reserve" post, the second post is not even adding any actual substance.

Even though an investor doesn't have a good income source to keep a reserve and float funds, it is okay, but the investor should always make provisions for emergency funds, even if he has to reduce the money he will be using to accumulate bitcoin weekly or monthly just to build up emergency funds. It is important to have emergency funds when investing in bitcoin so that if any emergency happens, you will have what to use to settle the emergency and not depend on your bitcoin portfolio to solve it.
Exactly one of the reason I strongly preach against lump-summing as a formidable technique when accumulating bitcoin. Lump-summing could lead to aggressive accumulation that may affect other areas of your finance. People should always know that, inasmuch as your investment is necessarily important because it takes care of your long-term goals, there are also short-term goals one needs to meet, it could be from getting groceries to paying some bills at home.
Every strategy for buying Bitcoin is unique and solely depends on the investor in terms of his financial situation, risk tolerance level, investment goals and objectives (investment time horizon inclusive) the choice of strategies is not that really important to me but rather what is most important is how much of worth of Bitcoin do you have in your bag and how long can you be able to hold, I don't think if the Idea of lump summing has anything to do with being aggressive in your accumulation rather it has to do with buying right away with the available amount that is kept aside for buying Bitcoin, a man who has become knowledgeable about Bitcoin with so much believe can become limited in to investing in Bitcoin because of lack of finance, while receiving a huge amount of money can decide to to lump sum his first buying right away with the amount he made readily available to accumulate Bitcoin while other of his personal needs are already taken care of including emergency funds, while he may continues with dca strategy,  there is nothing wrong being aggressive in your accumulation especially for a no or low coiner but it only becomes problematic when you are being overly being aggressive where it will affect your other needs. However, the combination of the both strategies can as well yield a better results. And, every investor must tailor down his choice of strategies that will suits him or her which will enable him in making an Informed decisions.

I agree with everything you said Tmoonz, yet I would just add (or emphasize since you kind of already mention this) that lump sum investing would potentially be more problematic if it was using up all of the money that a person had so that he would ONLY be preparing for UP and not have any extra for down.  Surely a person could lump sum with everything but still have a cashflow (for DCA) and and emergency fund, but it seems better if he might hold some back for buying on dips, but surely that might not be necessary if his finances and psychology are otherwise in order, and sometimes it does not hurt to lopside ones approach in favor of UP, even if it might end up not paying off immediately, and there could even be some need to realize that the whole investment could end up going negative for a long period of time, and surely prudent people might want to be careful in regards to how much they want to invest including having the expectation that they might have to ride their investment down to zero if the market goes against them.  On the other hand, people will come to differing conclusions on these kinds of matters, and some people do already have various categories of money that they might be willing to go in some form of "all in" with some of their extra portions of money... and some of them may well even be considering their in vestment in terms of 4-10 years or longer, but decide to come in somewhat aggressive as compared to other more incremental approaches that they could have had taken.

There is a lot of mixing of shitcoin ideas in that article, so there are some good ideas in the article, but it surely is mixed up with shitcoin ideas, and it cannot even describe bitcoin maximalism without pumping some shitcoin ideas in there.

Of course, I acknowledge that shitcoins exist and are going to continue to exist, but I still would consider a lot of needs to learn about and to mostly focus on bitcoin without getting overly distracted into shitcoins, including vague references to crypto as if bitcoin was just one of he options instead of the one that all of the others is copying and correlated to.
surely most of the article explains more of shitcoin but a kind of explanation and reference but thought I don give a fuck about those explanation that concerns shitcoin but looking towards bitcoin only. like what I said earlier we should look into some important and vital message it's passing across and leave the rest shitcoin crab. sometimes we feel we are doing things right up but don't know we are in deviating or bringing up a misleading information. for the rest of your comments, I would have replied you but I understand every bit of what you said and that's why I chose only this few part in other no to repeat our conversation.

It is difficult to look at that article just for its bitcoin part.  there may have been a few paragraphs that were kind of good, but the article really went off the rails in terms of its inclusion of a number of shitcoin ideas, which largely subtracted from any initial value that it might have had in terms of attempting to categorize different kinds of bitcoin investors... so yeah.. it is hard to extract much good out of that article... It is almost as if you might want to write your own article with similar ideas and take out the shitcoiner parts, you would not have much left after you took out the shitcoiner parts... Go ahead try it..

It might be interesting to see what you might be able to come up with that ends up being any good.. and of course, if you post it here, then at least cite the original and maybe convert it into your own words and/or say that your write-up was inspired by such article.... gotta be careful with plagiarism allegations if you try to rewrite an article, but it could be possible if you describe what you are doing and clearly point out the source in which you are re-writing with an attempt to make the substance more bitcoin-focused.

[edited out]
I actually don't want to involve myself in an argument with you all am saying is for you to be careful at your own detriment because checking at the time frame between which you make the posts doesn't show any sign that it is a browser error even if it is you have to consider installing a new browser to avoid future reoccurrence. My candid advice and it's for your own good and to avoid your account being tagged.

I find it hard to believe that a post is not deletable.  I can delete any post that I make, so why would Tungbulu not have an option to delete.  Without some better explanation, not being able to delete makes little to no sense.

@JJG did not specifically said weekly is the best, but he would always say that it used be based on when your receive your income either weekly, monthly or quarterly.

I personally prefer weekly, even if your income comes in at various points, yet of course, if someone has a lot of variability of income and/or expenses, he might not be in a position to buy bitcoin every week - even though he might want to aspire to getting his finances in such a place in order that he would be able to buy bitcoin every week, and that usually would mean making sure that the rest of your finances are in order including that you have at least 3 months of an emergency fund, and you have various reserve funds to cover  the variability of your income and/or expenses and of course there is always going to be some float in any persons income that might be more challenging to manage when a person might get paid less regularly and have a lot of variation in the amount that he is paid.

If you are receiving salary monthly, then you are to DCA monthly with maybe 10%, and if your income is weekly, you DCA weekly. If it is quarterly, you can share the money into segments and DCA monthly but it should be based on your own case scenario playing out at that moment.

Even if newbies to bitcoin might start out in a position in which they do not have a lot of emergency funds or reserves, and if they are ONLY getting paid once a quarter then surely they have more challenges and probably should be attempting to build up more cash reserves than an regular person has, yet at the same time, I personally think that people should be working their cash situations up into a place that they would be able to buy bitcoin every week, especially when they are in their earliest stages of BTC accumulation and surely they might have to figure out some ways to manage their cash, too.. and surely also, I am also referring to folks with discretionary income , so if you do not have discretionary income, then you are not in a position to be investing into anything other than maybe something that is not very volatile such as cash (and that would be called savings rather than investing).. even though cash loses its value, yet it tends to be more stable than something like bitcoin.

A poor man who cannot feed himself daily cannot invest in bitcoin, only if he gets a second job or a better job that after all his expenses in the monthhe still have some money left, he can use that excess to invest in bitcoin through DCA. A poor man does not mean someone that does not have a means of income.

there are various levels of poor people, but yeah, there can be poor people with very little discretionary income and they would be less poor than the guy who has absolutely no discretionary income and is struggling in other ways with basics of life such as food and shelter... .. and we do likely know that there are a quite a few people who are not able to save and/or invest.. so yeah, if they cannot somehow increase their income, then they would not be in a position to buy bitcoin.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Ambatman

Activity: 322
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2024, 10:33:47 PM

My apologies if this may be causing any form of inconvenience or if it is breaking any rules...
Any yes, you're right that this is either caused by a mistake or an error in my browser network. Sometimes I submit a reply and the browser network takes time to load this content and sometimea it is successful without indicating and sometimes it's unsuccessful, so I'll need to send it again for the second time, Hence the repetition and I find it impossible to delete the other one. I'd really like you to tell me what I can do in cases like this to avoid the repetition cos I obviously can't leave a blank page nor delete the post. If there was another way, I honestly do not know as I'm still relatively new and trying to navigate my way around this forum. So please, why don't you help me out.
Impossible is a strong word
I would say strenuous
It does happen to me sometimes
Something similar and it usually arises when the network is bwd
You can send a reply and it wouldn't show it's been sent
What I do is to copy my reply, refresh the page and see if it has been sent
If it has I move on
If not?  I resend it and it's not impossible to delete just click on delete and make sure your network is strong
I would advice switching to a stronger network provider
It would help in mitigating this.
In summary, cross check before resending and do well to delete duplicates
It wouldn't be a good thing to be reported to the moderators for same thing. Hopefully this helps.

Bravut

Activity: 112
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 08, 2024, 11:53:40 PM

there are various levels of poor people, but yeah, there can be poor people with very little discretionary income and they would be less poor than the guy who has absolutely no discretionary income and is struggling in other ways with basics of life such as food and shelter... .. and we do likely know that there are a quite a few people who are not able to save and/or invest.. so yeah, if they cannot somehow increase their income, then they would not be in a position to buy bitcoin.

True. They might have the intention but the truth remains that the financial status of any individual often is a limitation to there proposed investment plans. The reason why many fail in bitcoin market is simply because they neglect this factor and think of bitcoin as a get rich scheme with a wrong orientation from ignorant individuals. So they invest everything hoping to for max return within the shortest possible time and the reverse be the case they get pissed up and regret. Because they weren’t really about investing but to improve there standard of living which isn’t the right state.

Investing is discipline which is fuel with finances, that ain’t gonna burn you but keeep you on track according to your plan. Till we grasp this we keep getting confuse and also fail to meet up targets. Invest within your means with a hunger to invest more, always value reinvesting not just having your return.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Uhwuchukwu53

Activity: 210
Merit: 32

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
May 09, 2024, 04:58:47 AM

True. They might have the intention but the truth remains that the financial status of any individual often is a limitation to there proposed investment plans. The reason why many fail in bitcoin market is simply because they neglect this factor and think of bitcoin as a get rich scheme with a wrong orientation from ignorant individuals. So they invest everything hoping to for max return within the shortest possible time and the reverse be the case they get pissed up and regret. Because they weren’t really about investing but to improve there standard of living which isn’t the right state.

Investing is discipline which is fuel with finances, that ain’t gonna burn you but keeep you on track according to your plan. Till we grasp this we keep getting confuse and also fail to meet up targets. Invest within your means with a hunger to invest more, always value reinvesting not just having your return.

I agree with your saying but can't give it above 50% no matter a state of being of an individual who have the mind set if investment he/she can invest and still hold, investment is of different stages just as business capital can be you can start small and make it greater at the end , a sound minded person in the area of investment can achieve it, the problem of many who claim they are poor is poor mentality of exaggerating that every thing required high capital, you can be an investor who is not financially solvent but you can afford $20 for instance convinently, you don't see it as small investment because that is your level, as much is not given you problem when you invest it you can carry out your daily responsibilities and Carter for emergency if it occur without touching the investment. The problem of many is poor planning and always seeing investment to be if great thing that require huge capital, that leads them invest all they have and begin to face different challenges that they can't hold any longer, naturally apart from investment of crypto in our demos tic market some started small but they now a big shop owner, but some procastinate by overseen investment as huge thing that require greater capital and judge themselves with the financial status, till now they remain in that level without difference but the person who is good in planing in the same level with them before have move to another level of financial breakthrough by investing small and grow it. conclusively right thinking investor can still survive long term with poverty condition not disrupting the investment.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Samlucky O

Activity: 294
Merit: 251

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2024, 06:01:02 AM

Yeah that's true, not only do they invest on bitcoin and waiting for the results to come so quickly but they fail to understand that bitcoin Investment work properly when you have reserved or discretionary fund that will help to help to keep a balance, otherwise they sell off there bitcoin investment and that is a childish behaviour or attitude. Another thing that they also lack a long term goal and not having a steady means of income to support the DCA approach and the emergency and reserved fund. Sometimes we don't necessarily need to be over rich to invest. we just need to have a float / reserved to be able to maintain out plan.

I agree with your saying but can't give it above 50% no matter a state of being of an individual who have the mind set if investment he/she can invest and still hold, investment is of different stages just as business capital can be you can start small and make it greater at the end , a sound minded person in the area of investment can achieve it, the problem of many who claim they are poor is poor mentality of exaggerating that every thing required high capital, you can be an investor who is not financially solvent but you can afford $20 for instance convinently, you don't see it as small investment because that is your level
Year you might be right I some sort of ways. Though a sound minded person in the area of investment might make it as you said, but it takes more than being a sound minded person to invest in bitcoin. Bitcoin investment need a physical practice to be able to achieve our goal. Affording $20 conveniently is not a guarantee of a successful investor, to be a HODLer you must be up and doing to maintain a constant reserved fund after investing in bitcoin. For you to be a good HODLer you must be patient, develop the habit of constant investment through DCA strategy and seeting aside your reserved to enable you not to sell your HODLing too quickly when you are out of funds.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
JiiBs

Activity: 126
Merit: 67

View Profile
May 09, 2024, 06:35:40 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

My apologies if this may be causing any form of inconvenience or if it is breaking any rules...
Any yes, you're right that this is either caused by a mistake or an error in my browser network. Sometimes I submit a reply and the browser network takes time to load this content and sometimea it is successful without indicating and sometimes it's unsuccessful, so I'll need to send it again for the second time, Hence the repetition and I find it impossible to delete the other one. I'd really like you to tell me what I can do in cases like this to avoid the repetition cos I obviously can't leave a blank page nor delete the post. If there was another way, I honestly do not know as I'm still relatively new and trying to navigate my way around this forum. So please, why don't you help me out.
Impossible is a strong word
I would say strenuous
It does happen to me sometimes
Something similar and it usually arises when the network is bwd
You can send a reply and it wouldn't show it's been sent
What I do is to copy my reply, refresh the page and see if it has been sent
If it has I move on
If not?  I resend it and it's not impossible to delete just click on delete and make sure your network is strong
I would advice switching to a stronger network provider
It would help in mitigating this.
In summary, cross check before resending and do well to delete duplicates
It wouldn't be a good thing to be reported to the moderators for same thing. Hopefully this helps.
Yes, the most probable thing to do at Ambatman. Having to copy and refresh the page so you could see if your post had gone through or not.

All of these though requires network and very strong or strong enough is something you wouldn’t want to wait on. Even while the network don’t seem strong enough, you’ll still just want to upload in events where a refreshed page doesn’t come with your post.

When I have these network glitches, what I usually do is just to turn on airplane mode and after a while, let’s say 5seconds, I turn it back up. Basically play with the host icon and in most cases it works.

I haven’t had to delete a post before but, i doubt the buttons wouldn’t work.
I have seen some forum users just write (delete) in some cases, could have considered this a spam but, I think it’s some probable case where there the delete function wasn’t easily applicable.

This is so true, it goes to agree with an uncommon statement that, the position or condition you might be in today and be condemning it and yourself, it’s someone else’s wishes!
You might be there pondering how you ain’t doing okay, how you don’t have just a roof on your head and nothing else, how you’ve got just 2 pairs of trousers and is able to switch between them both but, it’s a prized state and wished upon by the person who has got no roof on his head or just one trouser. That’s just how the world is!

So yeah, I agree with you when you say, if they can’t somehow increase their income, buying Bitcoin could be off the book for them. There are those like that for real and most times, they are completely ignorant of these asx who would tell them, how will they research about these things even after seeing it on a billboard or have it flashed on some screen as they go about there daily lives.
Most of these guys don’t even have the money to get the needed gadget which could be as little as a smartphone before you start telling them to get hardware wallets and some safe to keep them. They really don’t get the chance but would if they are able to try. It’s not like anyone likes to be poor or just don’t give wealth accumulation an attempt but, it’s just life and how the society has been designed.
Justbillywitt

Activity: 252
Merit: 219

View Profile
May 09, 2024, 09:40:12 AM

While you may be right at some point, when that man receives that huge sum of money and decides to invest everything due to FOMO or ignorance about the importance of having an emergency fund as well as a reserve for future emergencies amd expenses, and he decides to invest everything (lump-sum), would you not consider his actions or method as aggressive?

Let's properly look at that hypothetical scenario. A man has been studying about bitcoin investment and becomes too enthusiastic to invest in it without actually knowing everything about bitcoin, of course we already know that knowledge is limitless and you can never know everything no matter how much you know, you'll still have so much more to know. And in Bitcoin investment, there's just so much you wouldn't know until you've started your investment, those things studying wouldn't teach you all that, there are things you learn via studying and there are others you learn via experience so to gain the experience you need to be actively involved and utilizing the knowledge you've obtained over the years .

So let's assume the man in question have gathered lots of Bitcoin knowledge but has never invested before due to lack or limited funds and then all of a sudden, he receives $5k and without knowing that the importance of setting aside some money (Emergency Funds, Reserve and a float), or he's afraid on missing oitbon all the profits because during his waiting period, he's been seeing how profitable the market can be and how much he could've made if he had some good number of Bitcoin (FOMO) or simply because of just how enthusiastic or optimistic he has grown towards the market, he invests all $5k via lump-sum strategy, would you still still not consider his actions as not being too aggressive or still say you do not see any relationship between aggressive accumulation and lump-summing?

And yeah, every strategy is unique in their own way, it depends on the investors' goals and objectives. Trading is also a strategy that aligns with someone's goals and objectives, but you and I know how risky trading can be. Infact it's not even considered investing but gambling, yes it's still a strategy and it aligns well with someone's goals and objectives.
My point is that strategy matters a lot, because you could be using a strategy without really knowing the true potential of that strategy, simply because you feel it aligns with your investment goals without actually acknowledging the underlying risks involved.
Some strategies increases your risks of losses while some could relatively help you minimize those risks, sometimes without you even knowing about it. I'm not saying other strategies are not important, for the purpose of this study, they are important but there are strategies that are better regardless your goals, as long as Bitcoin accumulation is concerned.

Every strategies has it's prons and cons and there are several reasons for investors choice of strategies and there is no reason for this arguments or making any forms or comparisons. However, it seems that you are misunderstanding the Idea and concepts of the lump summing such that the fact that any investor will option to make the use of the lump summing as a strategy does not necessarily means that there was no provisions made for emergency funds or to have not taken care of his other needs and probably might not even be as a result of fomo. The Idea of lump summing has more to do with investing right away with a huge sum of money readily made available for investment after ensuring your other needs are taken care of including emergency funds which is Very important as individual even without venturing in to investment.
Lump sum investment is mostly practice or utilized by wealthy investors, who want to utilize the opportunity that present itself, rather than wait for later. Just as you have rightly stated, every investors should adopt a strategy that suits him/her, but it should be combined with DCA. The way the market tends to be these days relying on one strategy might not really go well. For me if I have a big sum of money to invest, I will divide it into two, use half for lump sum and use the second part to be doing DCA every week. This way you will benefit from different market conditions.

This method may be considered ok but the challenges is you been able to withstand the pressure because engaging in many strategies may leads to some high level of unrest.  I believe your just speaking based in the angle of centering all your investment on BTC, if you have external engagement and adopting different strategies it will be a stress that can course you health disorder and when your not sound in health it can easily terminate your investment because over labourer your body and Brian can distablize such investor source of income used in founding those strategies. Lumps sum and DCA if one have the capacity to withstand is not too bad but the consequences is that when you can't meet up the market it become a Borden that leads to breakdown .
What is the stress in buying bitcoin on a weekly or monthly basis utilizing DCA method? It's not like doing a hard job, for crying out loud I'm not even going to pick a pin. All I need is my device and a stable network and it won't take more than 5 minutes to set up my buy order if I am buying from a centralized exchange. Bro there is no pressure there, not that am doing it under duress or gun point, so there is nothing to worry about. So are you telling me that people who invest in bitcoin don't have other real life business that they are managing, if that's your thinking then you are wrong. I can invest in bitcoin with different strategies and still run my real life business without any complications. Many people are doing it. We are not sitting down and breastfeeding our bitcoin investment, so I don't see  what will cause me any unrest. I don't really understand what you mean by if I can't meet up the market. If my funds are available I will surely meet up, because bitcoin never sleeps.

Mayor of ogba

Activity: 308
Merit: 197

View Profile
May 09, 2024, 10:57:03 AM

This method may be considered ok but the challenges is you been able to withstand the pressure because engaging in many strategies may leads to some high level of unrest.  I believe your just speaking based in the angle of centering all your investment on BTC, if you have external engagement and adopting different strategies it will be a stress that can course you health disorder and when your not sound in health it can easily terminate your investment because over labourer your body and Brian can distablize such investor source of income used in founding those strategies. Lumps sum and DCA if one have the capacity to withstand is not too bad but the consequences is that when you can't meet up the market it become a Borden that leads to breakdown .
There is no stress in buying bitcoin; even if you are controlling 20 businesses, you can still buy bitcoin at any time you want, and it will not stop you from not completing all the activities you set out that day. You just need money; you can buy bitcoin when you are in the toilet, office, sitting room, kitchen, football stadium, and so on. If you are buying with a centralized exchange, you just need to fund your centralized exchange account with USDT and trade bitcoin in the spot trade. Once you match any orders that were placed in the sell order, your order will be matched, your trade will be executed in a second, and the quantity of bitcoin you purchased will be credited to your centralized exchange account.

adultcrypto

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 09, 2024, 11:01:24 AM

You can hodl but you don't need to buy at every price point, if you need a bigger profit, you need to wait for a big increase in the prices which could take years or in best case months.
What @Arufox is saying might just be his strategy that indeed come through as being too aggressive but on a liter note, he was actually referring to lump sum purchase and not just keeping money and waiting for dips. This is a personal preference and should not just be seen as reckless but respected because there are actually great bitcoin investors that does not care about the dips rather they buy at lump sum whenever they have funds for investing into bitcoin. Many things can actually make someone take this part such as:

• No time to be checking the charts always looking for dips
  • Busy schedules with work and business
  • Emotional challenge that can put one into confusion regarding where/what should be considered a dip
If you put the above and other factors into the equation, you should be able to see why some people buy with lump sum rather than the dips. Despite how the bitcoin was bought, HODLing is surely the best way to go.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Uhwuchukwu53

Activity: 210
Merit: 32

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
May 09, 2024, 11:01:53 AM

What is the stress in buying bitcoin on a weekly or monthly basis utilizing DCA method? It's not like doing a hard job, for crying out loud I'm not even going to pick a pin. All I need is my device and a stable network and it won't take more than 5 minutes to set up my buy order if I am buying from a centralized exchange. Bro there is no pressure there, not that am doing it under duress or gun point, so there is nothing to worry about. So are you telling me that people who invest in bitcoin don't have other real life business that they are managing, if that's your thinking then you are wrong. I can invest in bitcoin with different strategies and still run my real life business without any complications. Many people are doing it. We are not sitting down and breastfeeding our bitcoin investment, so I don't see  what will cause me any unrest. I don't really understand what you mean by if I can't meet up the market. If my funds are available I will surely meet up, because bitcoin never sleeps.

Just that you misinterpreted my angle unrest is the financial stressed up where one will be struggling to meet up the funding as others responsibility will be calling to cut there share on the income you receive as many but where as the income is sufficient I think all you need is dedication, beside we have some individual difference's in regards to self discipline and fulfilling task what seem difficult to carryout by A may be very simple for B.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 »
  Print  

Jump to: