Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:32:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 [416] 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 82356 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10317

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 10, 2024, 08:36:51 PM

[edited out]
Ofocus yes there must be enough reserved fund to be able  to get a better result in terms of increasing your DCA strategy. I think what I_Anime said is true about increasing your DCA accumulation as time goes on. Sometimes issues like this need to be raised for people to get a point that DCA strategy is not just being accustomed to $10 weekly, when JJG emphasis on $10 weekly he assumes it as minimum which may as well increase in due time after people may have increased there reserved fund. If people are sticked to that minimum $10 weekly they may never yeald a good accumulation power and year ofcus btc price is increasing steadily and a time will come where the minimum DCA amount will not be even enough to buy a goods numbers of SATs considering the current or future price of Bitcoin.

Of course, in recent times, I had been emphasizing $10 per week as a kind of absolute minimum and $100 per week as a more reasonable target, yet of course, there are folks who may well not even be able to do $10 per week or even $10 per month because they have no or almost no disposable income.. So for anyone who does not have any or hardly any disposable income, it may well be quite difficult to justify investing in bitcoin or anything else.. and so they are in a position in which they have to try to figure out if they are able to and/or how to increase their disposable income, even if it is merely getting up to a point that they are able to start to set aside $10 per month or some other reasonable amount  - and to be able to set such an amount aside for 4-10 years or longer (if they are wanting to take it out of cash and put it into bitcoin), so they are not going to necessarily be disadvantaged because of their being so poor as long as once they decide to commit some quantity to bitcoin, they recognize and appreciate that they are putting that amount aside (and out of reach) for 4-10 years or longer, which likely means that they have to build their emergency fund at the same time and even get to a point that they have reserves and a float.. which largely means that they might have to struggle to figure out if and how they are able to increase their disposable income and how much they are able to put away.. and none of this is easy for anyone who is living on the edge of barely having enough of an income to cover all expenses, and if they are never able to get to a poiont that they are able to have a bit extra to put into bitcoin, then they likely will not be able to invest into bitcoin.. which disposable income happens to be a requirement for being able to invest in bitcoin. and the only other way to accomplish it, would be to receive a lump sum - such as robbing a bank (not promoting the commission of crimes) (which is also like a form of disposable income  - because it ends up being extra beyond the needs for expenses). 

So, even if I have been pushing a kind of minimum target of $10 per week and also the goals of increasing those amounts since they are not a lot, people still have to do what is within their means, to not over do it and they are still likely to be better off by investing into bitcoin rather than not, as long as they are taking from disposable income rather than income that they actually need in the coming 4-10 years or more.

so there is need to increase our accumulation process to boost our portfolio. surely overdoing it is not when you have enough to invest in bitcoin and having enough for reserved and floats without investing, overdoing is when you don have enough and you try to invest what you can't afford, or Investing agresive with all you have and may come back to sell your HODLing. So investing aggresively is good when you are capable of doing it.

All of this seems to be correct.  Each person should be trying to invest into bitcoin as aggressively as he is able to do without over doing it.., so if someone is concerned that he might be investing too aggressively, it is better that he backs off a little bit and even puts some of that money into his emergency fund, reserves and/or float rather than putting it into bitcoin, since it is not going to be any good for the bitcoin investor if he ends up having dip into his bitcoin investment at a time that is anything other than his complete own choosing.. and surely anyone in his early BTC accumulation stages might have a couple of cycles or more before he is even in a position to start to consider to change his strategy away from BTC accumulation - especially folks who have a relatively low disposable income.. and think about it, a disposable income that rises to 10% of your salary/expenses will allow you put away 100% of your annual salary/expenses in 10 years, and if anyone is investing even lower than that, then it is going to take way beyond 10 years just to get to a point of having a whole year's worth of income/expenses invested into bitcoin.  Those kinds of facts do not mean that the person should not be investing into bitcoin, but instead those kinds of facts show that it can take a whole long time to get to a point of having a decently sized investment portfolio, and even a year's worth of income/expenses is not a lot, but it is surely a lot better to have that money stacked aside than to not have it stacked aside, even if it might not seem like a lot.. sometimes the slow and ongoing process will still end up putting the really poor person in a much better place if he is able to manage it well and continue to allow the BTC portfolio to grow through the years.

Aggressive approach may sometimes bad if you don't know what you are doing but there are times that its good to execute this especially if our knowledge is enough and you have confident that there's something good will happen on your bitcoin investment in long period of time.
Like I said agresive approach is not bad expecially if you are capable of it. And there is no special skill or knowledge required what really matters is where you get you source of income from. You may not be well knowledgeable about bitcoin but provided you have a higher paying job that can be able for you to increase your investment strategy, you are good to go. 

Having good and reliable income sources does help a lot, yet we cannot presume that people have good and reliable income sources, and sometimes they have to spend a decent amount of their free time searching for back up income sources and sometimes even doing fairly bad paying work while they are trying to improve their situation, and maybe trying to improve the kinds of jobs that they are able to do when working for someone else or when establishing their own business (that sometimes will involve building your reputation and doing work that does not pay very well in order to potentially be able to get better jobs in the future).

Let me say a person who receive $1300 as a salary may be investing $50 on DCA weekly or $100 depending on his programming. He may as well increase it to $300 weekly if he has a higher paying job of $4000 so it may seam to be an aggressive investment but it's not a bad one because he is capable to invest and have enough in his discretionary or reserved and floats. When it can be addressed as a bad aggressive Investment is when he is aiming $1300 and investing $200 weekly.

Of course the income is one side of the ledger and the other side of the ledger is expenses, so sometimes, a guy is able to keep his expenses down, but sometimes he may have to incur various kinds of expenses including needs to eat decent food and to live in areas that are not too dangerous or otherwise costing him more money, there sometimes might be needs to spend more money in order to stay healthy, energetic, social and perhaps sometimes money needs to be spent to be able to get to work or a guy might have to buy a car for the kind of work that he does (and having a car might get him extra work), and sometimes, he might have to have better electronics and communication systems in order to become more employable.. so working on language skills and computer skills or whatever might be some of the kinds of work that he might be able to do might sometimes cost extra money to even take some courses to get higher skills and to be able to get higher paying work.. .and courses can cost time and money, but might end up being good investments to help increase cashflows, even though increase expenses in the short-run too.

[edited out]
Surely if you over invest in Bitcoin, the $500 available amount you will not be enough for  emergency and reserved.

Surely this part of your post is confusing, since if we are suggesting that a person has right around $500 per month in discretionary income, then he can choose to put all of that into bitcoin, and generally speaking there is no real need to use any of that money for emergency funds and/or reserves, unless the person is still building either the emergency funds and/or reserves. 

The idea of emergency funds and reserves and even float, is that they are already in place, unless they are being built and/or replenished from earlier usage... surely there might be some months in which the reserves and the floats end up being used or even depleted, but it should be pretty damned rare that any bitcoiner every needs to dip into his emergency fund, absent either some actual emergency or some kind of a mistake, and so the mistake implies that the reason that the guy ended up dipping into his emergency fund is because he had failed/refused to sufficiently/adequately manage other aspects of his cashflow, whatever investments that he was making and the various funds that he had set up.

No problem that in the earliest stages of getting into bitcoin, it might take 6-12 months or even longer to really get your emergency fund, reserves and cashfloat into a relatively healthy state so that you are able to really become more aggressive in the way that you invest into bitcoin, and surely some of the sadness in the time that it can take to get your finances in a decent order is that the BTC price might end up going up during that time in which you might have wanted to be more aggressive in terms of investing into it, but your finances were not really in a state in which you really could afford to be as aggressive as you would like to be, so there can surely be some tensions in regards to getting some of your finances in order.

Another area that people might have messed up finances is in regards to outstanding debt that they might already have at the time that they start to invest into bitcoin, so there could be some tensions in regards to either paying down some aspects of the debt or at least getting the debt into better order, and sometimes it may be o.k. to let some debt ride as long as the terms of the financing is not overly burdensome, so having a 6% annual or lower interest rate is not as burdensome as having an interest rate that might be 12% or higher, so there could be instances in which debt might need to get sorted out, including if some loans might be coming due there could be questions of paying them off or rolling them over in the event that the rolling over terms might be reasonably acceptable.

[edited out]

I will say that I agree with most of what you said Sim_card (maybe even everything), but your quotes are messed up... especially the second part of your quote that you are quoting Samlucky O, but it looks like you are quoting Perfectbaby.. .. it took me a bit of time to figure it the quote source and who said what.

[edited out]
The one thing that always gets me in the variance of opinion, is general the BFTD person goes back in time a picks out a historical period that suits/backsup their  assertation that BFTD is better. Then assert what they would have done to get all the different dips. But in a future price pattern is hard to guess, and really know are you getting it at the correct dip price. When we hit the ATL this cycle, I remember alot of people were waiting for <12k when we are about 15-16k mark, and probably missed the boat. The dca'r would have got some really close to it for a bit. When the market started rising I would be fairly certain the dip buyers probably got in at a higher price some where in the >20k. I think this scenario plays out quite a bit more than people are willing to admit during all cycles, and price volatility in bitcoin.

I agree with you.  There tend to be a lot of people who are busy strategizing their dips rather than consistently buying, and they likely end up doing way worse off because they are spending too much time trying to strategize, rather than just acting in a way that involves continuous and ongoing BTC buying.

It is a whole attitude thing too, and it can be quite difficult to prove and/or to show, especially in the short term, but there could end up being some guys who end up getting lucky with their wait to buy the dip who are able to buy near the bottom, but they are likely way less prevalent than they are claiming to be.. and their poo-pooing of DCA.. .. which ultimately there has been quite a bit of bitcoin history in which the somewhat aggressive, ongoing and persistent DCA buyer of BTC has likely ended up accumulating more BTC than the waiter/strategizer, even if his cost per BTC might have had ended up being higher... and even part of the deal is not even if there might be some guys who might have had done better by waiting and buying the dip, there are a enough situations in which it is way better to be buying BTC at higher prices in order to prepare for the possibility of more UP, even if that strategy practice ends up costing more per BTC.

For the experiment the future market is a complete unknown, for both the dca'r and the dip buyer. It creates a level playing field and simulates reality, I think the experiment would help show some of WCS(woulda,coulda,shoulda) side of dip buying that you dont really have privy too.

Even though I mentioned that I think that the same information can be see though backtesting (which yeah, I understand your point about the selectivity of woulda, coulda, shoulda.. so yeah I agree that those guys are a bunch of twats), yet as I already mentioned, I would rather see such an experiment over a whole cycle or longer rather than merely a year, but whatever (I know it is difficult to have that much staying power, whether it is with a thread or even keeping up the employment of an investment strategy for a whole cycle or longer).

Alternatively, you could have someone who buys and sells weekly too, and sure some traders lose their money fairly quickly, but frequently it could take a whole cycle or two to play out.

And yeah, if you are emphasizing buying strategies ONLY, then surely even the variance in buying strategies could also take more than a whole cycle to start out.

I do like the idea of $100 per week, and I like the idea of having a lump sum in the beginning, so there could be someone who starts out in bitcoin and largely knows that he has $100 per week coming in for the next year, so that would add up to $5,200, but maybe he even starts out with another lump sum amount that is $4,800 - so then the total amount over the year is $10k, he has $4,800 available right away, and he has another $100 coming in every week for the next 52 weeks, and still I have some troubles understanding what is being proven by the whole project, since we can go back and back test historical performance on DCA and many times we can see that it may well take many years before the DCA method really shows its power, perhaps a cycle and a half or more.. .yet on shorter timelines, the results may well be a bit more ambiguous, especially the first few years.
buying strategies only, no selling or trading just pure accumulation.

Fair enough.  That isolates the issue to buying and not fucking around with trading or the complications of it.. which surely in a thread like this, we are largely attempting to emphasize various buying strategies, so whether you talk about it in this thread or create another thread, focusing on various buying (accumulation) strategies surely would be a reasonably related focus that should be important to any bitcoiner in their first cycle and maybe even longer than a whole cycle.

I think the term is something could look at changing, I just put something down to start the conversation. Also the $ amount is completely arbitrary, you can slice and dice it anyway ya want. DIP buyer could load up everything into one buy right now if they truly believe the current price is the maximum dip in the next 12 months.  

I think that it is a bit unrealistic to suggest ONLY a budget from the start without having a cashflow, and the fact of the matter is that an overwhelming number of normies do not even have a lump sum from the beginning that they are able to invest into bitcoin or into anything else, which is part of the acknowledgement going on in this thread when we end up spending so much time describing DCA as amongst the best of strategies for an overwhelming number of normies because they do not tend to either have lump sums and they might not even have reasonable amounts of discretionary income that they are able to set aside and wait for the dip, even though surely I believe that this thread was inspired by the idea of allowing your cash to build up in order to buy dips and with less appreciation of DCA buying (which seems to somewhat be Wind_FURY's inclined way of thinking), yet I think that over the years, Wind_FURY has become quite a bit more receptive to the DCA strategy, even though he seems to also consider some value in holding funds and trying to buy the dip in order to attempt to get a better deal (which truly I have my doubts in that approach and his ongoing sympathy to a belief that there is more value in that approach for poorer people).

Another thing there can be various ways to deal with the initial lump sum including buying right way, add it into the DCA or set some or all of it aside for buying on dips, and even if one method performs better than another, there might not be any real way to argue that it was better merely because it performed better, since in the end, the best system is one in which the guy has comfortably tailored his ways of accumulating bitcoin, and surely some of the buys on dips may or may not end up filling. but that does not necessarily mean the guy did anything right or wrong based on performance in something like a 1 year timeline.

By the way, there have been so many forum threads in which a forum member says that he is going to buy bitcoin regularly and track his portfolio as he builds such BTC portfolio, and many of those kinds of threads don't even last half a year, even though surely they can be very popular kinds of threads, and they probably would be even better if they were pursued and followed through for something like a whole cycle or even longer.
Absolutely agree, there is so many different ways to approach your accumulation strategy. Lump sum, dip buying, dca etc they all ultimately help you get to your accumulation target. Its not so much about which one performs better, I'm just interested in a future unknown how well will dip WCS buys at.  

I doubt that you are going to resolve any issues with such a proposed thread, but I am not opposed to the idea.. especially if there were to be a kind of lump sum budget and then a monthly discretionary income and perhaps bonuses twice a year.. .. and yeah, the overall budget might add up to $12k per year or maybe even $6k per year in the various categories... and so there surely could be ways to do it to make it interesting, and I am not sure how many participants you would want to have or if you believe anyone other than yourself is going to be able to stick with it.. yet like I said I doubt that you get much of any kind of meaning out of a mere year's performance.. .. and I have given so many back tested hypotheticals in which I attempt to be fair about these matters, and it seems that the real differentiations start to appear on longer time lines, especially once we start to get past a whole cycle.. and personally, I believe that differentiation is going to continue to really show itself in 4-8 year timelines rather than even in the first 4 years.

Like i said above its too easy to go back into historical data and say oh yeah i definitely would have done that when in reality they probably didn't.

Yeah, but I have already been in those kinds of arguments many times, when guys are attempting to proclaim certain times in which they would have had bought, and even very reputable forum members will make those kinds of arguments, but when push comes to shove, they won't really commit to those kinds of arguments in terms of trying to show replicability.. so I still consider it to be a fairly fruitless endeavor, even though I don't have any objection of you attempting such a thread, given the caveats that I already outlines.. but in the end, you can do what you want in terms of setting the various parameters, including if you are going to end up wasting your time on a period of time that is less than a whole cycle.

Yeah people could back out of the thread and stop doing it. Is there some other way could do it to make it easier to do, I'm all ears if you have any suggestions?

You could suggest that you are doing a thread and that it is going to have a certain start date that is maybe 1-2 months into the future, but in the meantime, you get a few members to potentially enter into the competition, so maybe limit it to 10 members, and you might even want to get a member to help you with the creation of a comparison table...   I am not sure if a deposit, like a bet might be helpful.. Something like 0.001 BTC that would be held in escrow for the winner after a certain period of time... it could even be a self-moderated thread.. and maybe there could be some extra amount that is donated or thrown into the pot... If you design it well, then there may be some folks willing to sponsor it.. .. and if you have a sponsor or a pot like that, then maybe you would not need to receive any entrance fees from any of the members, yet a small entrance fee might not be a bad idea to help to show "seriousness". .even though my preference of something like 4 years might be a long time for something like this to run..

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Perfectbaby

Activity: 111
Merit: 54

View Profile
May 10, 2024, 09:00:42 PM

Aggressive approach may sometimes bad if you don't know what you are doing but there are times that its good to execute this especially if our knowledge is enough and you have confident that there's something good will happen on your bitcoin investment in long period of time.
Like I said agresive approach is not bad expecially if you are capable of it. And there is no special skill or knowledge required what really matters is where you get you source of income from. You may not be well knowledgeable about bitcoin but provided you have a higher paying job that can be able for you to increase your investment strategy, you are good to go.  Let me say a person who receive $1300 as a salary may be investing $50 on DCA weekly or $100 depending on his programming. He may as well increase it to $300 weekly if he has a higher paying job of $4000 so it may seam to be an aggressive investment but it's not a bad one because he is capable to invest and have enough in his discretionary or reserved and floats. When it can be addressed as a bad aggressive Investment is when he is aiming $1300 and investing $200 weekly.
Investment are made according someone capacity to accept risk and lost, anyone who investing around $200 weekly is depending on their level of risk and not about what they are earning per months.
Before you are called a HODLer, it is assumed that you are already a rist taker who eventually keep investing and HODLing for a long term without thinking of either bearish and bull market. So Increasing your level of weekly investment by $200 surely depends on your level income or salary and there is no doubt about it because if you don't have enough income generation you wouldn't increase the level of you btc portfolio or increase the level of your discretionary. Though most people may have enough amount to invest more but chose to invest little as to avoid risk, but i doubt if those are truely HODLers ofcus such people are traders who looks for opportunities to buy at slight dip and sell the rips.

I disagree with you that those who have more than enough funds to invest in bitcoin but choose to invest only little are traders. It is just that they don't have the insight of what the power of bitcoin will be in future based on value, because if they know, they will happily invest aggressively instead of in a whimpy way. Those who invest whimpishly will always regret in the latter when bitcoin price hits a certain level.

Let just take for example as you had already explained above, someone earning 1300$ per month and aiming at investing $200 per week, this implies that 200$ x 4 (4 weeks as 1 month) is equal to $800 and he is now left with $500, to me there is nothing wrong with this and I don't see it as aggressive approach because since the balance can foot his bill or sustain him while the next salaries comes and what we must understand is that the money his is using for DCA is not a wasted resources and can be easily gotten back if he wants provided that bitcoin prices is on positive side. What I easily sees as aggressive investment is when someone receives salaries and wanting to put all into DCA and later run began to dip hands into investment for his upkeep and as a reserved funds.
Agresive Investment is not only putting all your fund in bitcoin without having reserved and emergency, sometimes investing %80 of your fund in bitcoin without considering the level of your discretionary and emergency fund can as well be seen as agresive or over doing. like as I explained above if you received $1300 and you invest $200 each every week, making a total of $800 per month left with $500, that is a bad agresive Investment and surely the person is over doing it. because your bitcoin Investment should be don in a manner that you will not over do it. It will definitely affect you or Put you in a tight corner. If you Invest $800 on bitcoin how much will you use for feeding and running family expenses? Or how much will you set aside for emergency and reserved? Surely if you over invest in Bitcoin, the $500 available amount you will not be enough for  emergency and reserved. Definitely it will affect your bitcoin HODLing. Though it depends on you and how you can be able to manage your family. If its you alone you can cope but if it's a large family I doubt if you can manage. The point of the matter is that don't over invest what you can not afford to lose that will make you to sell you bitcoin HODLing down the road because of not having a discretionary fund to back you up.
You can invest aggressively when you have the funds to do that, the most important thing is that you don't over do it, if not it will affect you, and you will end up selling some part of your bitcoin to conver up some emergencies that will arise. Your emergency funds is good to be in a good position size because that is what will determine how aggressive you will be in buying regularly weekly or monthly.
[/quote]
Like I said whomever that is doing this investment should be able to know that he has what would sustain him or her at the cost of investment, people are investment according to their risk levels and anyone who has chosen a best way that is suitable for him should carry on with his investment, in as much as he understood the situation and knows when to tackle risk and needs then what more bro? Like me I invest according to how I could accept my risk level I don't over investment where I have to put myself in a tight corner or having to start dipping hands in my previous investment is a really bad practice in my opinion and can never make a good investment.

He must set aside reservation or cushion fee that would be sufficiently enough to carry out their emergency needs without them having to go touch their investment to keep pushing their lives.
I_Anime

Activity: 392
Merit: 167

View Profile
May 10, 2024, 09:59:13 PM

Like I said agresive approach is not bad expecially if you are capable of it. And there is no special skill or knowledge required what really matters is where you get you source of income from. You may not be well knowledgeable about bitcoin but provided you have a higher paying job that can be able for you to increase your investment strategy, you are good to go.  Let me say a person who receive $1300 as a salary may be investing $50 on DCA weekly or $100 depending on his programming. He may as well increase it to $300 weekly if he has a higher paying job of $4000 so it may seam to be an aggressive investment but it's not a bad one because he is capable to invest and have enough in his discretionary or reserved and floats. When it can be addressed as a bad aggressive Investment is when he is aiming $1300 and investing $200 weekly.
Investment are made according someone capacity to accept risk and lost, anyone who investing around $200 weekly is depending on their level of risk and not about what they are earning per months.
Before you are called a HODLer, it is assumed that you are already a rist taker who eventually keep investing and HODLing for a long term without thinking of either bearish and bull market. So Increasing your level of weekly investment by $200 surely depends on your level income or salary and there is no doubt about it because if you don't have enough income generation you wouldn't increase the level of you btc portfolio or increase the level of your discretionary. Though most people may have enough amount to invest more but chose to invest little as to avoid risk, but i doubt if those are truely HODLers ofcus such people are traders who looks for opportunities to buy at slight dip and sell the rips.

I disagree with you that those who have more than enough funds to invest in bitcoin but choose to invest only little are traders. It is just that they don't have the insight of what the power of bitcoin will be in future based on value, because if they know, they will happily invest aggressively instead of in a whimpy way. Those who invest whimpishly will always regret in the latter when bitcoin price hits a certain level.

Let just take for example as you had already explained above, someone earning 1300$ per month and aiming at investing $200 per week, this implies that 200$ x 4 (4 weeks as 1 month) is equal to $800 and he is now left with $500, to me there is nothing wrong with this and I don't see it as aggressive approach because since the balance can foot his bill or sustain him while the next salaries comes and what we must understand is that the money his is using for DCA is not a wasted resources and can be easily gotten back if he wants provided that bitcoin prices is on positive side. What I easily sees as aggressive investment is when someone receives salaries and wanting to put all into DCA and later run began to dip hands into investment for his upkeep and as a reserved funds.
Agresive Investment is not only putting all your fund in bitcoin without having reserved and emergency, sometimes investing %80 of your fund in bitcoin without considering the level of your discretionary and emergency fund can as well be seen as agresive or over doing. like as I explained above if you received $1300 and you invest $200 each every week, making a total of $800 per month left with $500, that is a bad agresive Investment and surely the person is over doing it. because your bitcoin Investment should be don in a manner that you will not over do it. It will definitely affect you or Put you in a tight corner. If you Invest $800 on bitcoin how much will you use for feeding and running family expenses? Or how much will you set aside for emergency and reserved? Surely if you over invest in Bitcoin, the $500 available amount you will not be enough for  emergency and reserved. Definitely it will affect your bitcoin HODLing. Though it depends on you and how you can be able to manage your family. If its you alone you can cope but if it's a large family I doubt if you can manage. The point of the matter is that don't over invest what you can not afford to lose that will make you to sell you bitcoin HODLing down the road because of not having a discretionary fund to back you up.
You can invest aggressively when you have the funds to do that, the most important thing is that you don't over do it, if not it will affect you, and you will end up selling some part of your bitcoin to conver up some emergencies that will arise. Your emergency funds is good to be in a good position size because that is what will determine how aggressive you will be in buying regularly weekly or monthly.

Like I said whomever that is doing this investment should be able to know that he has what would sustain him or her at the cost of investment, people are investment according to their risk levels and anyone who has chosen a best way that is suitable for him should carry on with his investment, in as much as he understood the situation and knows when to tackle risk and needs then what more bro? Like me I invest according to how I could accept my risk level I don't over investment where I have to put myself in a tight corner or having to start dipping hands in my previous investment is a really bad practice in my opinion and can never make a good investment.

He must set aside reservation or cushion fee that would be sufficiently enough to carry out their emergency needs without them having to go touch their investment to keep pushing their lives.

That's why they keep on saying that one should be aggressive without over doing it. Because dipping all yah cash into an investment without any proper plannings like having an emergency funds, is not encouraging at all . That's why sir JJG always emphasize on this that we should always have an emergency funds in form or fiat or usdt.  And we shouldn't over do it whenever we trying to be aggressive. So in order words if you have some good discretionary income. You can share it into percentage leaving some as emergency funds and the other for investing.

The thing is that when it comes to investing in Bitcoin one should have some nice stashes inorder to gain good profit from it.  Because not being able to stash good quantities of Bitcoin may lead to one not making good profit from his holdings.

CcnoutChopper19

Activity: 8
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 10, 2024, 11:02:49 PM

Like I said agresive approach is not bad expecially if you are capable of it. And there is no special skill or knowledge required what really matters is where you get you source of income from. You may not be well knowledgeable about bitcoin but provided you have a higher paying job that can be able for you to increase your investment strategy, you are good to go. 

Having good and reliable income sources does help a lot, yet we cannot presume that people have good and reliable income sources, and sometimes they have to spend a decent amount of their free time searching for back up income sources and sometimes even doing fairly bad paying work while they are trying to improve their situation, and maybe trying to improve the kinds of jobs that they are able to do when working for someone else or when establishing their own business (that sometimes will involve building your reputation and doing work that does not pay very well in order to potentially be able to get better jobs in the future).

If we talk about investing then yes of course as you said that having a good and reliable source of income is a good situation for an investor, because by having a qualified source of income then they will be able to balance all their money allocations evenly, such as to cover the cost of living and divide a portion for bitcoin accumulation every time they enter the allocation schedule in the DCA strategy they use. But yes basically it is quite easy to say but it is difficult to actually be in that situation especially for those investors who have a middle to lower financial situation that sometimes even to meet the cost of necessities is not enough. But I think it's a fact that all of that can be fixed if they're really serious about getting involved in the investment world, by any means improving their financial situation and maybe in a way like you said buddy by improving their source of income, whether it's finding a better job or adding a part-time job.
Tmoonz

Activity: 168
Merit: 127

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 09:34:00 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2024, 09:45:07 AM by Tmoonz
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

If we talk about investing then yes of course as you said that having a good and reliable source of income is a good situation for an investor, because by having a qualified source of income then they will be able to balance all their money allocations evenly, such as to cover the cost of living and divide a portion for bitcoin accumulation every time they enter the allocation schedule in the DCA strategy they use. But yes basically it is quite easy to say but it is difficult to actually be in that situation especially for those investors who have a middle to lower financial situation that sometimes even to meet the cost of necessities is not enough. But I think it's a fact that all of that can be fixed if they're really serious about getting involved in the investment world, by any means improving their financial situation and maybe in a way like you said buddy by improving their source of income, whether it's finding a better job or adding a part-time job.

The dca has really made it more easier for a common man only if he understand how much of his discretional and disposable income after taken care of his personal needs and a provisional emergency funds before considering Bitcoin investment as he make purchases with as little as he can be doing comfortably either weekly or monthly, I would want to say that meeting up one personal needs can be of different standard, there are those who might have been spending on things that may not have been necessary than investment where they could have curtail expenses in way that it will not affect there living and as well invest in Bitcoin. It must not necessarily be improving their source of income, or finding a better job, or adding a part time job but also has a lot to do with proper planning and budgets, thou they are all good as it gives you an opportunity of being in a good position of maximizing opportunities of buying Bitcoin, however there are those who are very off about investment but only focus on satisfying their personal needs and spending on things that might not be necessary to the extend of buying liability instead of an asset all in the name of covering their cost of living.

laijsica

Activity: 98
Merit: 26

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 10:23:39 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Building a decent-sized portfolio can take longer for middle- or lower-income people because of their large deficit in disposable income. Basically investing in BTC should encourage rather than discourage small or medium investors and deposit at least $10 if it can run and not have to withdraw midway. Maybe it will take them 10 years or more to reach a point - at least getting used to BTC investing. DCA is really difficult to manage due to the lack of consistency of expenses and excess cash supply compared to an individual's income, in addition to having a separate source of income in this case. But you may not have other options to increase your income or spend most of your day in your current job. I think in terms of investing, even if it's on a small scale or in small amounts, having the habit of accumulating your BTC by following the DCA method will allow your portfolio to grow over the years.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 308
Merit: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 10:37:57 AM

Hey do you want to do an experiment on the difference of opinion. Maybe we could setup a thread with the two of us in, and setup some rules for the experiment. Im totally open to discussing and defining the rules but i was thinking something like this

Term - 12 months, split into 52 weekly time frames
Budget(Imaginary) - $5200
Exchange - Bitstamp for pricing buys
Changes Allowed - Sundays only and require to be posted on the thread.

I set dca up for a fixed weekly buy, at 5pm UTC on a Monday every week, and then record the imaginary btc amount in the thread. I can change my dca amount any week by posting in the thread on Sunday only  but cannot go past the Budget of $5200.

You post every Sunday in the thread with your market limit buys targeting your dip targets for that week Mon - Sun , if any hit during the week, you record the btc amount & price paid in the thread. You can cancel your limit buy orders after they stayed active for at least one week. You can set any amount to the limit buy orders but cannot go past the budget of $5200.

At year end we tally the total amount BTC, AVG Price, $Spent and see how we did.

This is not a bet/wagering opportunity just a simple experiment. Others ofc can bet on the outcomes tho.

Any interest?

First of all congrats on your new Full member rank!

What I see here is that you are trying to go on a bet with Tungbulu, but I'll tell you he is not ready yet, I feel most of the strategies he speaks about he does not practice it, but this is a challenge window and it is open for anyone who thinks his idea on bitcoin investment is valid. After all, we are all here to learn and correct our past mistakes or see opinions from other members.

I am really interested in the bet/wagering, I believe it will be more than just an experiment as a good accumulation would be gotten based on the term which is obviously a year period. You both can start I could use your strategies and play around with my new long-term goal. Besides by now Tungbulu would has suppose to respond to this.

Well I would prefer to tell you guys not to bet at all cause I know a gamble can be and one of you guys might take it too serious and get yourself into trouble, but if you guys would agree to do this just for a learning experience then it's nice, we could all learn from the comparison of both strategies, but I hardly see the need and I don't know how rich you guys are, but DCA has already proven to be a better method than most cause it supports all kind of investors, rich and average, newbie and experienced, and i have already b using it for myself, I've hardly tried any other strategy yer and I'm still keeping funds in my reserves for buying on dip, you guys can knock yourselves out as long as you stay and track and dint take this too far.

For me focus on DCA as one of best option is good but can't advise any one not to give a trial what it's heart desires because life is a risk and only those who knows it's and give it a trial strives.this remind me in our argument of diversifying where we argue much different people knows how they handle there own loss or risk they venture into trying to restrict person on what he made if made to do is like infregement to it's right, even why people see the DCA as the best strategy some still make use of lumps sum, why some still trade I think everyone do things according to how it's capacity can carry , this is why different management strategies are in existence by different individual.
Some people forget we are here to accumulate bitcoin, hold it until the expected year we want to sell it, and not to be in competition to see who will accumulate more bitcoin. Invest in bitcoin according to your income source. Don't take because of Mr. A is accumulating bitcoin with different strategies and wants to follow him; you have no idea what kind of plans he has put in place that allow him to do that. If you know your income source is not good, stick with the DCA strategy so that you will have enough money left to cover your living expenses. The journey of Hodler is not easy; you will always have money to cover your living expenses before you can succeed. We should be careful how we use our money to buy dip if our income source is not good. The goal is to accumulate bitcoin, hold it for the long term, and also live a comfortable life.

Jerrycrypto2024

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 11:23:03 AM

Hey do you want to do an experiment on the difference of opinion. Maybe we could setup a thread with the two of us in, and setup some rules for the experiment. Im totally open to discussing and defining the rules but i was thinking something like this

I set dca up for a fixed weekly buy, at 5pm UTC on a Monday every week, and then record the imaginary btc amount in the thread. I can change my dca amount any week by posting in the thread on Sunday only  but cannot go past the Budget of $5200.

You post every Sunday in the thread with your market limit buys targeting your dip targets for that week Mon - Sun , if any hit during the week, you record the btc amount & price paid in the thread. You can cancel your limit buy orders after they stayed active for at least one week. You can set any amount to the limit buy orders but cannot go past the budget of $5200.

At year end we tally the total amount BTC, AVG Price, $Spent and see how we did.

This is not a bet/wagering opportunity just a simple experiment. Others ofc can bet on the outcomes tho.

Any interest?

What I see here is that you are trying to go on a bet with Tungbulu, but I'll tell you he is not ready yet, I feel most of the strategies he speaks about he does not practice it, but this is a challenge window and it is open for anyone who thinks his idea on bitcoin investment is valid. After all, we are all here to learn and correct our past mistakes or see opinions from other members.

I am really interested in the bet/wagering, I believe it will be more than just an experiment as a good accumulation would be gotten based on the term which is obviously a year period. You both can start I could use your strategies and play around with my new long-term goal. Besides by now Tungbulu would has suppose to respond to this.

Well I would prefer to tell you guys not to bet at all cause I know a gamble can be and one of you guys might take it too serious and get yourself into trouble, but if you guys would agree to do this just for a learning experience then it's nice, we could all learn from the comparison of both strategies, but I hardly see the need and I don't know how rich you guys are, but DCA has already proven to be a better method than most cause it supports all kind of investors, rich and average, newbie and experienced, and i have already b using it for myself, I've hardly tried any other strategy yer and I'm still keeping funds in my reserves for buying on dip, you guys can knock yourselves out as long as you stay and track and dint take this too far.

For me focus on DCA as one of best option is good but can't advise any one not to give a trial what it's heart desires because life is a risk and only those who knows it's and give it a trial strives.this remind me in our argument of diversifying where we argue much different people knows how they handle there own loss or risk they venture into trying to restrict person on what he made if made to do is like infregement to it's right, even why people see the DCA as the best strategy some still make use of lumps sum, why some still trade I think everyone do things according to how it's capacity can carry , this is why different management strategies are in existence by different individual.
Some people forget we are here to accumulate bitcoin, hold it until the expected year we want to sell it, and not to be in competition to see who will accumulate more bitcoin. Invest in bitcoin according to your income source. Don't take because of Mr. A is accumulating bitcoin with different strategies and wants to follow him; you have no idea what kind of plans he has put in place that allow him to do that. If you know your income source is not good, stick with the DCA strategy so that you will have enough money left to cover your living expenses. The journey of Hodler is not easy; you will always have money to cover your living expenses before you can succeed. We should be careful how we use our money to buy dip if our income source is not good. The goal is to accumulate bitcoin, hold it for the long term, and also live a comfortable life.

Yes that is the conclusion of the whole matter, your in tone of my point of argument, many deray from the point the objective of here is centered on how to accumulate BTC using the DCA strategy according to what you can afford and how your capacity may be no competition or comparison, neither is it in turn restricting any one one what ever strategy you want to join together with the DCA, the issue is if one examine it's self that is capable to use different strategies your free but whoever the strength don't reach should not copy whose strength reach because is not how far but how well.
tiCeR

Activity: 1736
Merit: 750

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 12:03:46 PM

The one thing that always gets me in the variance of opinion, is general the BFTD person goes back in time a picks out a historical period that suits/backsup their  assertation that BFTD is better. Then assert what they would have done to get all the different dips. But in a future price pattern is hard to guess, and really know are you getting it at the correct dip price. When we hit the ATL this cycle, I remember alot of people were waiting for <12k when we are about 15-16k mark, and probably missed the boat. The dca'r would have got some really close to it for a bit. When the market started rising I would be fairly certain the dip buyers probably got in at a higher price some where in the >20k. I think this scenario plays out quite a bit more than people are willing to admit during all cycles, and price volatility in bitcoin.

For the experiment the future market is a complete unknown, for both the dca'r and the dip buyer. It creates a level playing field and simulates reality, I think the experiment would help show some of WCS(woulda,coulda,shoulda) side of dip buying that you dont really have privy too.

That sums it up pretty well! The market is unknown and while there was a time when big players like Binance probably could manipulate the market if they wanted to (or did?), it's now a point where even the big players most likely have a harder time to really tell where it goes as the number of big players is growing. Unless they collude, it' more a question of tendency than price points. And as you said, nobody knew whether it would go down or up at at the 15-16k mark and yet you find all these gurus with their moving averages and what not to tell the world where BTC goes next. I have long, very long given up following anyone of these gurus. I can't even tell when I watched someone drawing lines the last time.

If anything, the only person or entity to know whether BTC goes tremendously down is the one sitting on at least 50k BTC and decides to dump. But that person won't let the world know, so no guru can know. You can twist any data points for so long such that any drawn line and any other indicator for that matter, makes sense somehow, at least somehow, and then propagate it as if it was genius analysis.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1233

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2024, 12:07:33 PM
Merited by Zadicar (1)

Any interest?

I don't know if there's some impression like that exist by doing such method since people didn't aim to gain for short term. Maybe there are different views on how to approach certain information or strategies they learned. But what's important is their goal and if they feel that they need to compete with other then maybe its better if they erase this thoughts since the most important thing that needed to take their attention is on how they could improve their selves regarding to learn on how those DCA method should perfectly done. Also how they could able to budget their funds so they may have good budget to spend for their hodl plans and also on how they should deal with certain situations that might disturb the hodl activities they do.

The journey of hodlers is not easy especially if you are a newbie since for sure there would be a lot of challenges you need to surpass but if you are experience investors for sure you provably enjoy all of things what you do and can give good advice to those people who plan to start their hodl journey.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Tamaperdana

Activity: 107
Merit: 57

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 12:24:52 PM

The dca has really made it more easier for a common man only if he understand how much of his discretional and disposable income after taken care of his personal needs and a provisional emergency funds before considering Bitcoin investment as he make purchases with as little as he can be doing comfortably either weekly or monthly, I would want to say that meeting up one personal needs can be of different standard, there are those who might have been spending on things that may not have been necessary than investment where they could have curtail expenses in way that it will not affect there living and as well invest in Bitcoin. It must not necessarily be improving their source of income, or finding a better job, or adding a part time job but also has a lot to do with proper planning and budgets, thou they are all good as it gives you an opportunity of being in a good position of maximizing opportunities of buying Bitcoin, however there are those who are very off about investment but only focus on satisfying their personal needs and spending on things that might not be necessary to the extend of buying liability instead of an asset all in the name of covering their cost of living.
> Aggressive approach.
> Source of income.
> Type of work.
> Planning.
> Suitable technique for making "DCA" investments.

Of course, all these factors need to be considered when starting to invest in Bitcoin. Because after all, all the factors above are very important foundations so that Bitcoin investment can run more smoothly and optimally. However, there are times when all of the factors above do not apply, in some people, or at certain times. For example, if we look at financial conditions, of course everyone in this world has different financial conditions, so of course an aggressive approach would not be recommended for people who have middle to lower financial conditions, because it would be too risky to do that.

Then regarding the source of income, this factor is very important for someone who wants to start investing in bitcoin. Because if you look at it from the positive side, having a source of income will definitely make it easier to manage money for your needs and also for investment assets such as bitcoin.
But in my opinion, only a handful of people can really allocate their money well and really meet all their needs, even though they have a source of income. So if that's the case, other factors are also hampered.

So in conclusion, investing in Bitcoin has many paths and many (complex) ways, depending on the situation of the person who wants to invest. And in my opinion, it doesn't matter how, or what path you take when you start investing in bitcoin, but the most important thing is to learn about bitcoin first.

BITCOIN
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1834

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 03:09:42 PM

So in conclusion, investing in Bitcoin has many paths and many (complex) ways, depending on the situation of the person who wants to invest. And in my opinion, it doesn't matter how, or what path you take when you start investing in bitcoin, but the most important thing is to learn about bitcoin first.

My advice to newbies today is, buy at the DIP to get more units in Bitcoin as soon as possible, and study later. Let the greed guide you now and learn about it later. But I'm very confident that after a newbie starts to learn more and more, and goes deeper and deeper into his path, he/she will stay for the revolution. Many of us came here because of greed and stayed for other reasons, DEEPER reasons. Good luck on your journey my fellow plebs.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Tmoonz

Activity: 168
Merit: 127

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 03:11:52 PM

> Aggressive approach.
> Source of income.
> Type of work.
> Planning.
> Suitable technique for making "DCA" investments.

Of course, all these factors need to be considered when starting to invest in Bitcoin. Because after all, all the factors above are very important foundations so that Bitcoin investment can run more smoothly and optimally. However, there are times when all of the factors above do not apply, in some people, or at certain times. For example, if we look at financial conditions, of course everyone in this world has different financial conditions, so of course an aggressive approach would not be recommended for people who have middle to lower financial conditions, because it would be too risky to do that.

Then regarding the source of income, this factor is very important for someone who wants to start investing in bitcoin. Because if you look at it from the positive side, having a source of income will definitely make it easier to manage money for your needs and also for investment assets such as bitcoin.
But in my opinion, only a handful of people can really allocate their money well and really meet all their needs, even though they have a source of income. So if that's the case, other factors are also hampered.

My emphasis is in the part I bolded that talks about dca
Dca is strategy for accumulating Bitcoin and not an investment
I would like to say that the dca strategy does not requires any special or suitable techniques to accomplish it's purpose, it is a simple strategy that involves the practice of a systematic investing of equal amount of money at regular intervals irrespective of the price point and it can become more easier if purchases can be made by automatic by setting a buy order as it saves the stress of timing the market before making purchases of Bitcoin.

liasbaa

Activity: 61
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 03:38:07 PM

My advice to newbies today is, buy at the DIP to get more units in Bitcoin as soon as possible, and study later. Let the greed guide you now and learn about it later. But I'm very confident that after a newbie starts to learn more and more, and goes deeper and deeper into his path, he/she will stay for the revolution. Many of us came here because of greed and stayed for other reasons, DEEPER reasons. Good luck on your journey my fellow plebs.
You are right! Now is the season to invest in bitcoin and now is the time to buy at dips. I think most investors invest for profit so you can call this expectation greedy. However investors who were waiting for high quality dips especially new investors can now buy at their expected price. Dips season may not last long as the demand level is gradually increasing and future holders of a fraction of bitcoin may spend many more dollars.
I_Anime

Activity: 392
Merit: 167

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 03:52:48 PM

Maybe it will take them 10 years or more to reach a point - at least getting used to BTC investing. DCA is really difficult to manage due to the lack of consistency of expenses and excess cash supply compared to an individual's income, in addition to having a separate source of income in this case. But you may not have other options to increase your income or spend most of your day in your current job. I think in terms of investing, even if it's on a small scale or in small amounts, having the habit of accumulating your BTC by following the DCA method will allow your portfolio to grow over the years

One of the beauty of investing in bitcoin is that one may decide to start with amount as low as $10, to start his Bitcoin accumulation journey, and as time goes on he or she may decide to increase the amount of their bitcoin accumulation depending on their cashflow at that time. One thing we should know is that we can start our Bitcoin accumulation with any amount, but still our profit we may endup making still depend on the number of Bitcoin stashes in our portfolio. That's why we have to be consistent with our accumulation and same time be aggressive, without over doing it.

Bitcoin is not like other coins , that may not bounce back whenever they experience a massive decrease in price. Though it may take time but Bitcoin always bounce back stronger, Like around 2022 Bitcoin experience a massive dip to the price range of $15k and it's started falling from the price range of $60k if am not mistaken (because is Kinda fuzzy now). Well then alot of folks sold their coins, and same time alot of folks also thought that Bitcoin may not recover back. But now look at Bitcoin has even created a new ATH and we all believe it ain't stopping there .

So there's no reason for one to be scared of investing in bitcoin (though there's no guarantees, but still worth it), or procastinating now . Because you may only endup not doing yah self any good .

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 07:54:12 PM

[edited out]
Building a decent-sized portfolio can take longer for middle- or lower-income people because of their large deficit in disposable income. Basically investing in BTC should encourage rather than discourage small or medium investors and deposit at least $10 if it can run and not have to withdraw midway. Maybe it will take them 10 years or more to reach a point - at least getting used to BTC investing. DCA is really difficult to manage due to the lack of consistency of expenses and excess cash supply compared to an individual's income, in addition to having a separate source of income in this case. But you may not have other options to increase your income or spend most of your day in your current job. I think in terms of investing, even if it's on a small scale or in small amounts, having the habit of accumulating your BTC by following the DCA method will allow your portfolio to grow over the years.

In traditional investment, it might take someone who saves/invests 10%-25% of his/her salary 30 to 40 years to reach fuck you  status, and they surely might not even be able to make it to such status, but surely investing/saving still may well be better than not saving investing - even though sometimes keeping value in cash might end up having a negative effect if the cash is losing value at a much higher rate than it is being stacked, which frequently could be true.

Surely in bitcoin there seem to be greater chances that investing/saving at similar amounts would have good chances of having much greater payoffs, but it still does not mean that someone who would usually take 30-40 years would be able to reach such point in 10 years, and surely something like $10 per week might not even get a person very far, even in 10 years if it might be less than 1% of their income.. but yeah, putting value in bitcoin is probably going to still be better than nothing, and also relatively modest amounts might end up resulting in fairly decent advantages and options that would not have had existed without investing at all or having had invested in traditional investments rather than into bitcoin.. ..

so there can be a combination of factors that help to ensure that the investment (even if relatively small) will have greater chances of being meaningful over a decently long period of time, such as 10 years or longer, yet I am still suggesting that if someone is really not in a very good place in terms of discretionary income, they still might take way longer than 10 years to get to a place where they are able to transition from still accumulating BTC and maybe into some kind of a spending status.

For example, if we look at financial conditions, of course everyone in this world has different financial conditions, so of course an aggressive approach would not be recommended for people who have middle to lower financial conditions, because it would be too risky to do that.

Whimpy versus aggressive does not have to do with whether you are rich or poor, yet it is probably better to consider the matter of aggressive versus whimpy in terms of how much discretionary income you have and how much of it you dedicate to investing into bitcoin, so an aggressive person would strive towards investing a higher percentage than a whimpy person.  Another thing is that any person could make errors in terms of measuring their finances, so it would be more likely that with a bit of practice, a person with more experience would be able to afford being more aggressive to the extent that s/he has had practice making sure that s/he is accurately measuring his/her finances and including having some systems in place such as emergency fund, reserves and/or float that might help to cushion if any errors were to be made.. so maybe it might be that the experienced person does not make any fewer errors than the newbie, but the experienced person has systems in place that are sufficient to cover any mistakes that might be made.. surely a pretty big error would be not having those kinds of back up funds in the first place, so that any error that ends up happening ends up causing that kind of ill-prepared person to have to dip into his/her bitcoin investment at a time that is not of his complete choosing.

Either poor people or rich people can be badly organized, even though surely, just by the categorization of  being rich, it is more likely that even if the rich person is badly organized, he still might end up having various classifications of funds that can be used to give him options in terms of not getting himself into a position of having to dip into his bitcoin at a time that is other than his own choosing, so it may well end up taking a higher level of lack of organization for such a thing to happen to a rich person as compared to a poor person, so surely part of the point would be for anyone to attempt to have some organization, and surely if you have less to work with (meaning that you are poor), then it is more likely that if you are wanting to try to get ahead and make progress, the more important it would be for you to be organize and to put systems in place that help you to make sure that you do not have to dip into your bitcoin other than times of your own complete and voluntary choosing..

I hate to beat a dead horse even more dead, but you are asking for it.. Wind_FURY.. hahahahahaha

In other words, if you are a newbie to bitcoin.. no  need to wait for any dip..

For a newbie no coiner or low coiner,** get the fuck started as soon as possible so that you can at least have some bitcoin, and think about price later.. maybe 1-2 years after you have been stacking sats for a while.. and studying about bitcoin and other personal financial management matters along the way... .. but other than that.. it seems that I agree with what you are saying.

**By the way, when I mention low coiner, I am not suggesting that you have to rush to reach your bitcoin accumulation target, since that could take 10-20 years or more, yet a low coiner might be someone who is purposefully investing into bitcoin in a whimpy way, so there may be some need to increase your level of investment into bitcoin, which might be facilitated just by buying bitcoin regularly and studying into bitcoin further in order to gain confidence and then to potentially have some abilities to increase BTC accumulation aggressiveness in the direction of being less whimpy.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
promise444c5

Activity: 294
Merit: 156

Keep Promises !

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 09:57:27 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2024, 10:14:13 PM by promise444c5

I hate to beat a dead horse even more dead, but you are asking for it.. Wind_FURY.. hahahahahaha

Yes exactly there's no need to wait for Dip to buy and a good example of a strategy that waits for ne need no DIP and still gives chance of buying the dips is the DCA strategy all needed is a steady inflow to sustain  accumulation, learning could be done along to bring In more strategies as time goes on and an investor begins to understand more on how he could grow this invest  more and more.
To me I see no need to any other  for the first one to two  years  just you initial accumulating strategy is enough , within this period alot of learning process would have taken place within to make decisions all by yourself
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 10:10:43 PM

Yes exactly there's no need to wait for Dip to buy and a good example of a strategy that waits for ne need and still gives chance of buying the dips is the DCA strategy all needed is a steady inflow to sustain  accumulation, learning could be done along to bring In more strategies as time goes on and an investor begins to understand more on how he could grow this invest  more and more.
To me I see no need to any other  for the first one to two  years  just you initial accumulating strategy is enough , within this period alot of learning process would have taken place within to make decisions all by yourself

I guess I am trying to say get started and learn along the way, and maybe after accumulating BTC for a year or two, there might be some justification to start to adjust the strategy based on how much BTC you have been able to accumulate and based on your other financial matters, and so in some sense, it can be difficult to come straight into an investment (something like BTC) and not take a bit of time to establish a position, and since Wind_FURY was referring to poor people, so for poor people in particular there might not even need to be too many adjustments along the way, just keep buying as aggressively as you are able to without overdoing it... but the thing, even for poor people, there might be some recognition that after a year or two of accumulating BTC, the BTC stash might be starting to get relatively large as compared to other investments (or savings) that might have had previously been done.. .. yet also it could be that the amount put in is still less than the value of the stash, so there could be some variations in regards to how to consider and look at the stash depending on how much had been put in and the extent to which the stash may or may not be in profits... although some folks might get distracted by merely being in profits, so some learning might need to happen in regards to how large of a stash might be considered to be a large enough size in order to start to consider some possibilities of changing strategies that go beyond just continued, ongoing persistent and consistent buying of BTC (perhaps weekly).

Chrysostomus

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 10:20:03 PM

We saw a large correction and yes now is a great time to Buy more Bitcoin. For newbies and poor people this is a perfect time to work for BTC income. When we get back above the all-time highs you will have a great bonus in your new wealth.
promise444c5

Activity: 294
Merit: 156

Keep Promises !

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 10:26:50 PM

I guess I am trying to say get started and learn along the way, and maybe after accumulating BTC for a year or two, there might be some justification to start to adjust the strategy based on how much BTC you have been able to accumulate and based on your other financial matters, and so in some sense, it can be difficult to come straight into an investment (something like BTC) and not take a bit of time to establish a position, and since Wind_FURY was referring to poor people, so for poor people in particular there might not even need to be too many adjustments along the way, just keep buying as aggressively as you are able to without overdoing it... but the thing, even for poor people, there might be some recognition that after a year or two of accumulating BTC, the BTC stash might be starting to get relatively large as compared to other investments (or savings) that might have had previously been done.. .. yet also it could be that the amount put in is still less than the value of the stash, so there could be some variations in regards to how to consider and look at the stash depending on how much had been put in and the extent to which the stash may or may not be in profits... although some folks might get distracted by merely being in profits, so some learning might need to happen in regards to how large of a stash might be considered to be a large enough size in order to start to consider some possibilities of changing strategies that go beyond just continued, ongoing persistent and consistent buying of BTC (perhaps weekly).
IMO, if  an investor  choses a buying  strategy  for his stash and cannot or couldn't  eventually  meet up with the buying due to his financial status then a little gap could be added  in the time-interval he uses for buying  for example
If it was initially a week it could be set to two weeks , if two weeks  a month could be chosen.
I will suggest a max- of one month interval
While this is done learning could also be taken along with it
We saw a large correction and yes now is a great time to Buy more Bitcoin. For newbies and poor people this is a perfect time to work for BTC income. When we get back above the all-time highs you will have a great bonus in your new wealth.
The large corrections was just from the fact that there  was FOMO towards the halving  event and since their expectations wasn't met they went selling which brought us a correction in the market and the correction besides majority of them  are just short term-investors
Pages: « 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 [416] 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 »
  Print  

Jump to: