Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:47:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 [418] 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 82629 times)
JiiBs

Activity: 126
Merit: 67

View Profile
May 12, 2024, 07:18:35 PM

No time is more better to start accumulating Bitcoin I'm always of the opinion that when ever you think you have the finance to invest on Bitcoin you do it without thinking of a good time because there's no good time in investing on Bitcoin.
There is actually a better time I would say. Yes, I agree that it’s best you do invest when you’ve got the money to buy just that fraction that would top your portfolio but even then, having to buy at a low presents the idea of having invested at a better time than buying when Bitcoin price is high.
The advantage of buying when you have money enough for it is because, it serves as a cutting edge across every element that could lead to procrastination and eventually, you not getting to buy at all.

Now, it’s really bad that you try yo place a timing on what you can not accurately speculate on. It’s the first step towards not having to buy at all because, you just can’t speculate and in the event that you could manage decide on an entry, you can’t be always sure of an abundance of resources to buy as at time due.

This is where the DCA strategy comes handy and could save you a lot of stress on having to speculate or amass funds for the purpose.

I will also like to say this Bitcoin investment is a long time investment and when going into it you should be prepared hodling it for long term even as a trader you need to hodl for long.
You can't compare those that has been hodling bitcoin for 10 years now without selling to those that sold out 6 years ago, in other to make it big in Bitcoin you need to plan on hodling for long term even when you are accumulating keep accumulating till you feel you need to stop and just hodl.
Some persons have stated that newbie investors should be more short term while experienced investors be more long term. While this might sound better if reversed, I hate to agree with either even. You don’t need a short term timing on Bitcoin investments, the longer the better. Today’s price proves that!
Smilevictorobinna

Activity: 42
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 12, 2024, 07:38:44 PM

No time is more better to start accumulating Bitcoin I'm always of the opinion that when ever you think you have the finance to invest on Bitcoin you do it without thinking of a good time because there's no good time in investing on Bitcoin.
There is actually a better time I would say. Yes, I agree that it’s best you do invest when you’ve got the money to buy just that fraction that would top your portfolio but even then, having to buy at a low presents the idea of having invested at a better time than buying when Bitcoin price is high.
So you are saying someone should wait till when Bitcoin comes down before he or she can purchase, what if it keeps going high so you will keep waiting for it to come down, Bitcoin will never come down to $5 even if it comes down the imagine will be so small and there is no chance of Bitcoin becoming very low anytime soon, if you keep waiting for it to come down before you can purchase you will always live in regret because when waiting for it to come down and it keeps going up you will always regret not buying earlier.
Justbillywitt

Activity: 252
Merit: 219

View Profile
May 12, 2024, 07:39:17 PM

Hey do you want to do an experiment on the difference of opinion. Maybe we could setup a thread with the two of us in, and setup some rules for the experiment. Im totally open to discussing and defining the rules but i was thinking something like this

Term - 12 months, split into 52 weekly time frames
Budget(Imaginary) - $5200
Exchange - Bitstamp for pricing buys
Changes Allowed - Sundays only and require to be posted on the thread.

I set dca up for a fixed weekly buy, at 5pm UTC on a Monday every week, and then record the imaginary btc amount in the thread. I can change my dca amount any week by posting in the thread on Sunday only  but cannot go past the Budget of $5200.

You post every Sunday in the thread with your market limit buys targeting your dip targets for that week Mon - Sun , if any hit during the week, you record the btc amount & price paid in the thread. You can cancel your limit buy orders after they stayed active for at least one week. You can set any amount to the limit buy orders but cannot go past the budget of $5200.

At year end we tally the total amount BTC, AVG Price, $Spent and see how we did.

This is not a bet/wagering opportunity just a simple experiment. Others ofc can bet on the outcomes tho.

Any interest?

First of all congrats on your new Full member rank!

What I see here is that you are trying to go on a bet with Tungbulu, but I'll tell you he is not ready yet, I feel most of the strategies he speaks about he does not practice it, but this is a challenge window and it is open for anyone who thinks his idea on bitcoin investment is valid. After all, we are all here to learn and correct our past mistakes or see opinions from other members.

I am really interested in the bet/wagering, I believe it will be more than just an experiment as a good accumulation would be gotten based on the term which is obviously a year period. You both can start I could use your strategies and play around with my new long-term goal. Besides by now Tungbulu would has suppose to respond to this.

Well I would prefer to tell you guys not to bet at all cause I know a gamble can be and one of you guys might take it too serious and get yourself into trouble, but if you guys would agree to do this just for a learning experience then it's nice, we could all learn from the comparison of both strategies, but I hardly see the need and I don't know how rich you guys are, but DCA has already proven to be a better method than most cause it supports all kind of investors, rich and average, newbie and experienced, and i have already b using it for myself, I've hardly tried any other strategy yer and I'm still keeping funds in my reserves for buying on dip, you guys can knock yourselves out as long as you stay and track and dint take this too far.

For me focus on DCA as one of best option is good but can't advise any one not to give a trial what it's heart desires because life is a risk and only those who knows it's and give it a trial strives.this remind me in our argument of diversifying where we argue much different people knows how they handle there own loss or risk they venture into trying to restrict person on what he made if made to do is like infregement to it's right, even why people see the DCA as the best strategy some still make use of lumps sum, why some still trade I think everyone do things according to how it's capacity can carry , this is why different management strategies are in existence by different individual.
Some people forget we are here to accumulate bitcoin, hold it until the expected year we want to sell it, and not to be in competition to see who will accumulate more bitcoin. Invest in bitcoin according to your income source. Don't take because of Mr. A is accumulating bitcoin with different strategies and wants to follow him; you have no idea what kind of plans he has put in place that allow him to do that. If you know your income source is not good, stick with the DCA strategy so that you will have enough money left to cover your living expenses. The journey of Hodler is not easy; you will always have money to cover your living expenses before you can succeed. We should be careful how we use our money to buy dip if our income source is not good. The goal is to accumulate bitcoin, hold it for the long term, and also live a comfortable life.
Some people get their best when they see someone who is driving them forward to do their best. There are people who will go to the extra miles to get something, because someone they know did it. Healthy competition is advisable to a great extent. There are people who see others as role models and they will be doing everything to accumulate some certain good things that their role model acquired or get to certain status because of someone they have been following. For me I like being in a healthy competition as it brings out the best in me. I have a friend who has been into bitcoin for long, he was actually the person who introduced me to bitcoin investment, when I made my first investment my friend had gotten a reasonable amount of bitcoin, So when I started investing, I started aiming to get my portfolio closer to that of my friend without letting him know. I used him and set a target for myself. I drew up my plans and I started accumulating, my friend was my references point and I was  deciplined in my activities, not long I saw that my portfolio has gotten up to the target I set out back then. So what am saying in essence is that a healthy competition is advisable for people who want to meet up some target. Healthy competition will make you achieve something fast if you remain focus. It is not bad to emulate something good in other people's life, if you can sustain it.

ginsan

Activity: 1344
Merit: 623

View Profile
May 12, 2024, 09:53:35 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Levels of aggressiveness should not be measured in absolute terms, but instead within the amount of discretionary income that you have, and so yeah a person with higher income could buy more BTC but that does not necessarily make him more aggressive than someone with lower income and who might be using all of his discretionary income to buy BTC.  Maybe we can take some extreme examples.

One guy has $100 per month of discretionary income and he uses all of it to buy BTC.. This guy is quite aggressive and maybe even bordering on over aggressiveness (especially if he miscalculates his expenses or if he does not have reserves in place).

Another guy has $2k per month of discretionary income and he invests around $100 per week into bitcoin, which might be considered moderate and maybe even whimpy.
Of course it is true that someone can increase purchases aggressively when their finances increase from the income they earn. I think everyone has an uncertain income in their job like a monthly bonus from where they work. so their routine of executing $10 per week can certainly change to be more aggressive such as increasing it to $50.

I even often do this where when my finances improve from average or get a bonus, of course I can increase to be more aggressive in the next purchase. So, if income is relatively stable, of course we will return to the initial planning by executing at the usual level that we have done.

Without realizing it, over a long period of time, our BTC holdings increased faster than the initial plan because at each stage we could act aggressively or continue to try to increase the amount of purchases to become larger.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
JiiBs

Activity: 126
Merit: 67

View Profile
May 12, 2024, 10:54:13 PM
Merited by Ojima-ojo (2)

So you are saying someone should wait till when Bitcoin comes down before he or she can purchase, what if it keeps going high so you will keep waiting for it to come down, Bitcoin will never come down to $5 even if it comes down the imagine will be so small and there is no chance of Bitcoin becoming very low anytime soon, if you keep waiting for it to come down before you can purchase you will always live in regret because when waiting for it to come down and it keeps going up you will always regret not buying earlier.
Perhaps you should re-read what you just read and you would get a better understanding of what is started there. Other than that, you’ll just be pushing me to saying the same thing over again, just rephrased.

Now, there isn’t any speculation that Bitcoin would ever drop to $5. Perhaps you heard that from some place else but, not me most certainly.
Also, Bitcoin can never keep going up. It’s a volatile currency and having price movements to be high some times and low at other times is the way of the market.

Now, while you might buy when you’ve got the funds for it (the DCA strategy), it would be lying to oneself to believe you don’t buy at a better price when you buy from a low, hence the principle of buying low and selling high.

Understandably, certain strategies comes with certain advantages which makes it more preferable to the other due to individual investors. Which ever one you choose is entirely okay for you so long as you get to build your portfolio in the end but, you don’t become unrealistic in what you would get as the currency goes through its price action.
Smilevictorobinna

View Profile
May 12, 2024, 11:04:59 PM

Perhaps you should re-read what you just read and you would get a better understanding of what is started there. Other than that, you’ll just be pushing me to saying the same thing over again, just rephrased.

Now, there isn’t any speculation that Bitcoin would ever drop to $5. Perhaps you heard that from some place else but, not me most certainly.
Also, Bitcoin can never keep going up. It’s a volatile currency and having price movements to be high some times and low at other times is the way of the market.

Now, while you might buy when you’ve got the funds for it (the DCA strategy), it would be lying to oneself to believe you don’t buy at a better price when you buy from a low, hence the principle of buying low and selling high.
Bitcoin investment is a long time investment and when going into it you should always have it at the back of your mind.
I'm not saying buying Bitcoin when is low is bad I'm only saying when ever you have the money to invest don't wait for it to come down because in the cause of waiting it may be going higher or in the cause of waiting you may use the money to settle emergency issue.
So there's no perfect time to invest in Bitcoin if you are planning on hodling for long term or if you start accumulation journey.
promise444c5

Activity: 294
Merit: 163

Keep Promises !

View Profile
May 12, 2024, 11:12:52 PM

From my view, there's no better time... maybe you mean the word "Advantage" and AFAIK buying Bitcoin is an advantage itself .
However, buying the dips gives a "BetterAdvantage" to investing in BTC, I wouldn't really support the word "better time" that's  why your post was misterpreted by @Smilevictorobinna, although you added "it's best  you invest when you’ve got the money to buy" which is a good one and in addition when you have little to spare in an interval breaking  your investment  to increase your holdings  could be done as little ca. Still be invested out of that little  on a regular  intervals  which is simply the DCA strategy and with this having to think of a better time can be completely scrapped

Agbamoni

Activity: 336
Merit: 294

View Profile
May 12, 2024, 11:15:40 PM

Why would lump sum become "the best?"  Surely if someone has a lump sum in front of them, they can still choose within the three categories of DCA, lump sum and buying on dips in order to figure out how to treat that lump sum amount that they have in front of them... and if someone might have $100 per week that they are usually investing based on their discretionary income, but then all of a sudden they get a $1k bonus, so then they can completely treat that $1k as part of their DCA.. they just buy right away, and maybe that is considered lump sum or it is considered to be just extra money that automatically goes into BTC, whether it is part of the regular income or it happens to be some extra income that happens to come in... ON the other hand, the extra amount could trigger some consideration regarding whether to invest all of it right away, to hold some for buying on dips and or to spread it out in order to include it within the upcoming DCA amounts, perhaps doubling the DCA amounts for the next 10 weeks or maybe even adding 20% to the DCA amounts for the next 50 weeks, and maybe how to treat the extra amount might have to do with how much BTC the person already has, but they might want to try to predict the direction of the BTC price, and so if they are thinking that the price might be coming down or staying flat, they might feel some advantage in spreading out their DCA or strategizing to buy on dips, however, if they are feeling particularly bullish, they might error on the side of buying most if not all of it right away... . And, the guy might end up being correct or not in terms of whatever strategy or strategies he chose to employ for the extra amount of dollars that he had ended up receiving.
I totally agree with you here. Lump sum cannot be the best in terms of investing in Bitcoin. I see it as a secondary approach to become investment because at any time there are some money that seems to be extra on top of what we expect to be our weekly income. Such money and bonuses should be used to lump sum, unless one could possibly choose to save for a long time and then lump sum which sounds so stupid to me. I don't see any good saving in fiat and then waiting for the right time when the money is enough to lump sum and buy huge while all those period Bitcoin has been doing some great movement which if they had bought by then they would have a good portfolio and be on profit. I can't imagine saving 60k for decades just to buy Bitcoin when i would have bought since.

Levels of aggressiveness should not be measured in absolute terms, but instead within the amount of discretionary income that you have, and so yeah a person with higher income could buy more BTC but that does not necessarily make him more aggressive than someone with lower income and who might be using all of his discretionary income to buy BTC.  Maybe we can take some extreme examples.

One guy has $100 per month of discretionary income and he uses all of it to buy BTC.. This guy is quite aggressive and maybe even bordering on over aggressiveness (especially if he miscalculates his expenses or if he does not have reserves in place).

Another guy has $2k per month of discretionary income and he invests around $100 per week into bitcoin, which might be considered moderate and maybe even whimpy.
Of course it is true that someone can increase purchases aggressively when their finances increase from the income they earn. I think everyone has an uncertain income in their job like a monthly bonus from where they work. so their routine of executing $10 per week can certainly change to be more aggressive such as increasing it to $50.

I even often do this where when my finances improve from average or get a bonus, of course I can increase to be more aggressive in the next purchase. So, if income is relatively stable, of course we will return to the initial planning by executing at the usual level that we have done.

Without realizing it, over a long period of time, our BTC holdings increased faster than the initial plan because at each stage we could act aggressively or continue to try to increase the amount of purchases to become larger.
This comprises the investment journey of an average investor. I feel that only the rich are comfortably being aggressive in their investment and not everyone has an uncertain income in their job. There are investors that has a fixed income for a long time and by so doing they only stick to buying through DCA.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
AirtelBuzz

Activity: 224
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2024, 02:46:08 AM

Bitcoin investment is a long time investment and when going into it you should always have it at the back of your mind.
I'm not saying buying Bitcoin when is low is bad I'm only saying when ever you have the money to invest don't wait for it to come down because in the cause of waiting it may be going higher or in the cause of waiting you may use the money to settle emergency issue.
So there's no perfect time to invest in Bitcoin if you are planning on hodling for long term or if you start accumulation journey.
The first and foremost goal of those of us who invest in Bitcoin is to hold our investment for a long period of time. We all have a tendency to buy bitcoins when we see that the price of bitcoins is high then we wait for bitcoins to be low. Maybe many people think this is the best time to buy Bitcoin. But you mentioned that you don't wait for the price of Bitcoin to fall because it can rise again. If you don't care about Bitcoin price going up and down then you should go for DCA.

If you start investing using the dollar cost averaging method, you don't have to worry about the price of bitcoins going down or up. You can buy bitcoins anytime and save them for investment. So set a fixed average price and hold accordingly by buying bitcoins.

KeenanEl19

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 04:49:18 AM

The first and foremost goal of those of us who invest in Bitcoin is to hold our investment for a long period of time. We all have a tendency to buy bitcoins when we see that the price of bitcoins is high then we wait for bitcoins to be low. Maybe many people think this is the best time to buy Bitcoin. But you mentioned that you don't wait for the price of Bitcoin to fall because it can rise again. If you don't care about Bitcoin price going up and down then you should go for DCA.

If you start investing using the dollar cost averaging method, you don't have to worry about the price of bitcoins going down or up. You can buy bitcoins anytime and save them for investment. So set a fixed average price and hold accordingly by buying bitcoins.

It is true that the aim of investing in Bitcoin is to maintain it over a long period of time. This must also be taken into account, because I think not everyone can do this, especially by waiting for it over a long period of time. not everyone can have the patience to wait for a long period of time. I was once advised, when we invest in Bitcoin, don't pay attention to the price going down, go away and don't care about the price going down because he said one day the price will go up again.

Also, I think many people think that the best time to buy Bitcoin is when the price goes down, maybe that makes sense, but for people who really understand Bitcoin, maybe it's not just when the Bitcoin price goes down that they will buy it. Apart from that, there are many things you have to pay attention to if you really want to buy Bitcoin, don't let yourself be impatient with doing it, it's possible that it will only make us experience something bad.
Tmoonz

Activity: 168
Merit: 133

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 05:27:52 AM

It is true that the aim of investing in Bitcoin is to maintain it over a long period of time. This must also be taken into account, because I think not everyone can do this, especially by waiting for it over a long period of time. not everyone can have the patience to wait for a long period of time. I was once advised, when we invest in Bitcoin, don't pay attention to the price going down, go away and don't care about the price going down because he said one day the price will go up again.

Also, I think many people think that the best time to buy Bitcoin is when the price goes down, maybe that makes sense, but for people who really understand Bitcoin, maybe it's not just when the Bitcoin price goes down that they will buy it. Apart from that, there are many things you have to pay attention to if you really want to buy Bitcoin, don't let yourself be impatient with doing it, it's possible that it will only make us experience something bad.

Buying or making purchases of Bitcoin when the price goes down is not a bad idea as it gives you the opportunity of buying more Bitcoin with  the same amount of money that can use to buy lesser quantity of Bitcoin at it previous high price, but when you completely wait for a drop in price before making purchases is what makes it bad and it is retarding to your investment, the waiting strategy of buying only when their is a price drop is more of a trading strategy with the aim of buying low and selling high or probably for an investor who has already gotten to the maintenance level in their accumulation process that may not need to be buying frequently as that of a low coiner but may decide to be buying Bitcoin only when their is price drop. A low coiner with the aim of accumulating Bitcoin and hold for a longer period of time of about possibly 4 to 10 years or more should have no business timing to make purchases only When there is price drop and it doesn't make sense at all, rather he or she should should be most concerned about maximizing every opportunities that shows it's self in the market in other to have a sizeable worth of Bitcoin up to a reasonable amount. With a consistent dca strategy you are already on time in the market without any forms of timing the market by making purchases on regular intervals irrespective of the price point either weekly or monthly with the amount that you can be comfortable with while making other preparations for buying when there is a price drops that may happen or not with your reserved funds after knowing how much of your discretional and disposable income left when your personal needs and provisional emergency funds has been taken care of. I know that your are very new to this wonderful thread where alots of knowledge is been shared when it comes to Bitcoin long term investment plan all you just need is to pay good attention and ask relevant questions when and where necessary and you will never regret participating in this thread and at this point I want to say you are welcome mate.

Samlucky O

Activity: 294
Merit: 251

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2024, 05:49:49 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2024, 06:00:30 AM by Samlucky O

Yea no time is more better to start accumulating bitcoin, a person might decide to start any time any day and year a person may start investment even when the market is down and become advantageous of the dip in price of bitcoin and accumulate more, compeard to some who bought previously when it was higher. Most investors are person are always afraid of the best time to invest without making mistakes but I believe they don't know that bitcoin does not have a beat time except for the previous time it was cheaper but they can still start up anytime depending on how they can afford to invest without investing aggressively. A person can start with $5-$10 DCA strategy and having a discretionary fund or floats to maintain the approach for long term of a minimum of 4- 10years and at most 20/30 above. since bitcoin is volatile, there is no point of being afraid because surely bitcoin will be profitable in the future.

I will also like to say this Bitcoin investment is a long time investment and when going into it you should be prepared hodling it for long term even as a trader you need to hodl for long.
I think you are a little bit confused here, there is a different between a trader and a HODLer and Of course we are talking about HODLers since this thread is not talking about Trading which might be a bit misleeding. A trader does not HODl bitcoin for long rather they trade on daily basis to make profit and don't have the zeal to HODl or they lack patient to HODl for long. They sees HODLing bitcoin for long as a waste of time and not profitable so when next you want to speak about this you should be able to clearly differentiate between both.

You can't compare those that has been hodling bitcoin for 10 years now without selling to those that sold out 6 years ago
That is true but surely it depends on time of buying and time of selling. a person that bought bitcoin ten year ago may have bought it when bitcoin price was so high and decide to sell it today when bitcoin is a little bit low, and may have lost compeard to a person who bought bitcoin at low price 6 years ago and decided to sell today when he feels it's right time for him to sell because surely his buy time was cheaper than sell time so a person who bought 6 years ago may be advantageous over a 10 years buyer so it varries or Morover it is vise versa.

in other to make it big in Bitcoin you need to plan on hodling for long term even when you are accumulating keep accumulating till you feel you need to stop and just hodl.
Every investor have there time horizon either short or long term when they feel they have met their target of investing  they will stop or reduce the rate of their investment. And start taking their profits gradually, but surely they must have disciplined themselves of always having a discretionary to be able to not sell their bitcoin HODLing why on the journey.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Uhwuchukwu53

Activity: 210
Merit: 32

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 06:23:18 AM

Yea no time is more better to start accumulating bitcoin, a person might decide to start any time any day and year a person may start investment even when the market is down and become advantageous of the dip in price of bitcoin and accumulate more, compeard to some who bought previously when it was higher. Most investors are person are always afraid of the best time to invest without making mistakes but I believe they don't know that bitcoin does not have a beat time except for the previous time it was cheaper but they can still start up anytime depending on how they can afford to invest without investing aggressively. A person can start with $5-$10 DCA strategy and having a discretionary fund or floats to maintain the approach for long term of a minimum of 4- 10years and at most 20/30 above. since bitcoin is volatile, there is no point of being afraid because surely bitcoin will be profitable in the future.

I think you are a little bit confused here, there is a different between a trader and a HODLer and Of course we are talking about HODLers since this thread is not talking about Trading which might be a bit misleeding. A trader does not HODl bitcoin for long rather they trade on daily basis to make profit and don't have the zeal to HODl or they lack patient to HODl for long. They sees HODLing bitcoin for long as a waste of time and not profitable so when next you want to speak about this you should be able to clearly differentiate between both.

You can't compare those that has been hodling bitcoin for 10 years now without selling to those that sold out 6 years ago
That is true but surely it depends on time of buying and time of selling. a person that bought bitcoin ten year ago may have bought it when bitcoin price was so high and decide to sell it today when bitcoin is a little bit low, and may have lost compeard to a person who bought bitcoin at low price 6 years ago and decided to sell today when he feels it's right time for him to sell because surely his buy time was cheaper than sell time so a person who bought 6 years ago may be advantageous over a 10 years buyer so it varries or Morover it is vise versa.

in other to make it big in Bitcoin you need to plan on hodling for long term even when you are accumulating keep accumulating till you feel you need to stop and just hodl.
Every investor have there time horizon either short or long term when they feel they have met their target of investing  they will stop or reduce the rate of their investment. And start taking their profits gradually, but surely they must have disciplined themselves of always having a discretionary to be able to not sell their bitcoin HODLing why on the journey.

Yes no doubt about individual which is actually a great factor as every investor knows when he has satisfaction in the market and make decisions to take certain profit, but I would want to argue that know individual meet the desire of his investment at dip currently BTC is still going down unlike before it was about the $60 k it's as at today, for it's the best time to accumulate because selling or taking a profit now is not a good one no matter how the investor claim of meeting up his time frame of holding, I see most of this investor who rush to take or sell off their BTC as a result of FOMO and indicision problem course by emotional instability. Majority of this Force selling are been trigger by new investor who hardly understand how the system work because investor with deep knowledge sees dip a the greatest opportunity to accumulate as many they can why awaiting the due time of bull run.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
MusaPk

Activity: 658
Merit: 200

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2024, 06:30:24 AM

You can also see that in that fuck you status chart, I attempt to project out the increase in the 200-WMA until 2074 - and surely I am projecting out a diminishing rate of increase, yet with anything related to the future, there can be factors that contribute towards the results playing out differently from the projection... including ongoing concerns that many of us might have in the direction of the various ongoing attacks related to bitcoin self-custody.. .which from my perspective is likely to create a lot of scoff law and underground operations - which would not be so bullish in regards to bitcoin's short-to-medium term price.

It's fine since you are predicting future 200-WMA and we are not sure about the exact value so it's better to predict it at diminishing rate of increase. The way bitcoin value is going up and people investing in it, it's very much likely that regulators will take action against self-custody or anything that is not visible to them.
As discussed earlier, ETF provides a way to many giants out there to get taste of Bitcoin without violating the regulations. Since they can't go for self-custody because of regulatory compliance issue.
The more popular Bitcoin will become, more rude will be attitude of regulators toward Bitcoin.
Smilevictorobinna

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 01:13:09 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2024, 02:02:10 PM by Smilevictorobinna

Well i total agree with you and I love the example you gave below, aggressive Investment is not only putting all your funds in bitcoin without having reserved and emergency, sometimes investing %70 of your fund in bitcoin without considering the level of your discretionary and emergency fund can as well be seen as aggressive. if you received $1500 and you invest $300 each every week, making a total of $900 per month left with $600, that is a bad aggressive Investment and surely the person is over doing it. because your bitcoin Investment should be done in a manner that you will not over do it. It will definitely affect you or Put you in a tight corner. If you Invest $900 on bitcoin how much will you use for feeding and running family expenses? Or how much will you set aside for emergency and reserved? Surely if you over invest in Bitcoin, the $600 available amount you will not be enough for  emergency and reserved. Definitely it will affect your bitcoin HODLing. Though it depends on you and how you can be able to manage your family. If its you alone you can cope but if it's a large family I doubt if you can manage. The point of the matter is that don't over invest what you can not afford to lose that will make you to sell you bitcoin HODLing down the road because of not having a discretionary fund to back you up.
You can invest aggressively when you have the funds to do that, the most important thing is that you don't over do it, if not it will affect you, and you will end up selling some part of your bitcoin to cover up some emergencies that will arise. Your emergency funds should be in a good condition because that is what will determine how aggressive you will be in buying either monthly or weekly.
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1834

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 02:07:43 PM

So in conclusion, investing in Bitcoin has many paths and many (complex) ways, depending on the situation of the person who wants to invest. And in my opinion, it doesn't matter how, or what path you take when you start investing in bitcoin, but the most important thing is to learn about bitcoin first.
My advice to newbies today is, buy at the DIP to get more units in Bitcoin as soon as possible, and study later. Let the greed guide you now and learn about it later. But I'm very confident that after a newbie starts to learn more and more, and goes deeper and deeper into his path, he/she will stay for the revolution. Many of us came here because of greed and stayed for other reasons, DEEPER reasons. Good luck on your journey my fellow plebs.

I hate to beat a dead horse even more dead, but you are asking for it.. Wind_FURY.. hahahahahaha

In other words, if you are a newbie to bitcoin.. no  need to wait for any dip

For a newbie no coiner or low coiner,** get the fuck started as soon as possible so that you can at least have some bitcoin, and think about price later.. maybe 1-2 years after you have been stacking sats for a while.. and studying about bitcoin and other personal financial management matters along the way... .. but other than that.. it seems that I agree with what you are saying.

**By the way, when I mention low coiner, I am not suggesting that you have to rush to reach your bitcoin accumulation target, since that could take 10-20 years or more, yet a low coiner might be someone who is purposefully investing into bitcoin in a whimpy way, so there may be some need to increase your level of investment into bitcoin, which might be facilitated just by buying bitcoin regularly and studying into bitcoin further in order to gain confidence and then to potentially have some abilities to increase BTC accumulation aggressiveness in the direction of being less whimpy.

Hahahaha no, keep beating it and let the people decide which strategy is for THEM. They can DCA or wait for a DIP to buy more units in Bitcoin - if they want. In fact, the current price level TODAY is a DIP from $70,000.

The main point/context of the post is, buy Bitcoin NOW, then research/learn more about it later. It's obviously an irresponsible suggestion, but I believe Bitcoin had already proven itself as no mere shitcoin. There's an ETF made for it, there are debates in political circles about it, the network has been chugging along producing block after block without downtime, and if you zoom out to the maximum - the price is in a super cycle. Why? Because the central banks simply can't stop printing more money.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Marvelockg

Activity: 182
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 02:15:53 PM

if you received $1500 and you invest $300 each every week, making a total of $900 per month left with $600, that is a bad aggressive Investment and surely the person is over doing it. because your bitcoin Investment should be done in a manner that you will not over do it. It will definitely affect you or Put you in a tight corner. If you Invest $900 on bitcoin how much will you use for feeding and running family expenses? Or how much will you set aside for emergency and reserved?
the scenario you've painted here depends a lot on the individual that's involved, but for most cases, I think that investing $900 while using $600 to run your monthly expenses isn't a bad idea. If I tailor this down to my situation where $600 is equivalent to N780k of my currency which to be honest is enough to take care of an average household for at least three months, then, it's not a bad decision if someone that earns such amount of money within a month decides to make such form of aggressive investment. Note that it's improper to spend too much on your house keeping just because you're earning more. As long as you have a future plan as to what you want to get out of your Bitcoin investments, then it's totally proper to go a bit aggressive most expecially in cases like what you've painted here when it appears as though the resource to buying aggressively is at your disposal. And it's necessary to note that you don't have to always make provision for your emergency funds every month. It could be that for three to six months , you could allocate a certain amount those goes into your emergency funds after which you stop making such provision and the rest earnings that comes in goes directly into your house upkeep and your Bitcoin investment. And thier might even be times when you wouldn't exhaust your upkeep money and would have to role it over to the next month giving you the ability to buying your Bitcoin at ease.

The point of the matter is that don't over invest what you can not afford to lose that will make you to sell you bitcoin HODLing down the road because of not having a discretionary fund to back you up.
if you're still looking at Bitcoin investment as a possible ponzi scheme that should be invested into with funds that's not useful to us, how then can you HODL for a long time? And would you even get the best benefit of investing into Bitcoin?

Untill you get this kind of mentality out of your mind that makes you believe that you have to invest with an amount you can afford to loose, you're nit ready at all to talk about buying Bitcoin and HODling it. It's okay to make adequate plans and set things like your emergency funds right so as to help you accumulate Bitcoin for a long period of time without getting pressured to sell when you should be buying but when you make it a part of your plan to invest so little such that you can afford to loose if anything goes wrong, it practically suggest that you're not investing into Bitcoin but rather making gambling with your funds and that's just pure shit.

Zackz5000

Activity: 98
Merit: 64

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 02:23:19 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2024, 02:43:15 PM by Zackz5000

[edited out]
Yes sir, now I am starting to understand why waiting to invest in Bitcoin was not the right thing to do. Because I just realized that the mistake of waiting or delaying investing in Bitcoin until the price goes down is not very good. Because it could be that the price of bitcoin continues to rise and I won't have the opportunity to buy it. Maybe from now on I will start buying bitcoin with the DCA strategy only. Because all this time I was still fixated on the decline in Bitcoin prices when I wanted to buy it. And after thinking more deeply, your opinion about learning Bitcoin while investing, is very correct. Because the knowledge gained can be directly applied to investment. In essence, my thoughts and perspective are very enlightened here.

Yes... And if you are actually thinking about bitcoin for the long term, such as 4-10 years or longer, then your average cost per BTC will not matter so much because you are not planning on selling any time soon.  At the same time, maybe after 6 months, 1 year or 2 years, you might get to a point in which you have already accumulated a decent amount of BTC, and you might start to consider if you might want to attempt to be more strategic in regards to when you buy.. but even sometimes those people who are overly trying to be strategic about their BTC buys, they may well end up with way less BTC because they are spending more time waiting rather than actually buying.  You have to figure out what works for you, and surely there is no turning back the clock if you might have had some opportunities to buy BTC, but if the BTC price does a step ladder kind of a move upwardly, and it does not come back down and then you might be thinking that maybe you should have had bought some rather than waiting..

and sure, you do not have to buy with everything that you have, yet even waiting with some of your value (and holding it aside for  potential dips) is a choice that may or may not be a good idea.. but that also may well depend upon your own situation and sense of satisfaction with the amounts of your buys.  

Even our hypothetical poor person given above, many of the times he ONLY has $100 per month to be able to buy bitcoin, and that is if his discretionary comes in consistently in the regular way, but he is also going to have months that he has extra and other months he does not have enough, so those are reasons to make sure that his reserves and his floats are in a good place (and yeah, of course, I am presuming the emergency funds is also there, but the emergency fund is not being used for the purposes of filling in the variance of income/expenses from month to month). .. so if we assume the guy has all of his finances in order in regards to the reserve and float, that still may well leave him with the $100 per  month and questions about if he should use all of every month for buying BTC or maybe he might want to hold some in reserves.. but even if he had ONLY been buying bitcoin for a year or two, then he might have had only bought $1,200 to $2,400 worth of BTC during that time, so there surely still might not be enough BTC stacked up for him to really feel comfortable in waiting, and it might not even matter so much about the actual BTC price, and maybe he has to wait until he gets to around 4 years or more investing into BTC when he had invested $4,800 or more into BTC when he starts to feel that maybe he can start to become a bit more strategic regarding when to make his BTC purchases... .

and another thing is that investing $4,800 over 4 years, some of those purchases may well be more profitable than others, and maybe it is not ONLY the earliest purchases that are the most profitable, but there might be some recent purchases that are not very profitable, but having all of that in bitcoin, then at least the BTC is there, so that in the next 4 years, you have whatever you had during the first 4 years that had been able to grow completely (as long as you were not fucking around and withdrawing any of it) plus you wil end up having whatever new value that you ended up putting into bitcoin after the second 4 years, so maybe there will be various points in which you are able to increase your disposable income during that time, so maybe after 8 years, you might have more than $9,600 invested into bitcoin.. depending on your own abilities and/or luck in regards to your financial situation and your managing of your circumstances. including managing your bitcoin holdings and including perhaps having some appreciation that it could well end up being that some of your abilities to focus on accumulating BTC in your earlier years ended up giving you more options later down the road, so long as you did not end up losing whatever coins you had accumulated.

You can't compare those that has been hodling bitcoin for 10 years now without selling to those that sold out 6 years ago, in other to make it big in Bitcoin you need to plan on hodling for long term even when you are accumulating keep accumulating till you feel you need to stop and just hodl.
Bitcoin is not a tradable coin so I don't think that those you call traders which are like gamblers won't have the patient to HODL there Bitcoin investment for a longer time because they will see it as a waist of time or time delay.

They see Bitcoin investment as a get Rich quick or Ponzi scheme where they will went to invest now and get a little profit tomorrow unknowing to them that they can have more profit if they hodl for a longer time 4-10 years and above and besides this thread is not talking about trading but buying and hodling for a longer time, for it is only the the Hodlers that can be patient to hodl for long time because they have understand the true value of and potentials Bitcoin hold and when they hodl it for a longer period of time like 4-10 years and above.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Gallar

Activity: 630
Merit: 307

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 02:42:49 PM

People who focus too much on the rise and fall of Bitcoin prices, perhaps these people are not long-term investors, but medium or short-term investors. So for them, the rise and fall in prices that occur in Bitcoin really determines their profits. In contrast to long-term bitcoin investors, they will definitely not focus too much on observing the market every day or every week. Because long-term investors have goals over a long period of time. So the current increase or decrease in the price of bitcoin does not have much impact on them. So long-term investors in bitcoin, look at the market when they want to buy, or when they just want to know the price development.

And DCA is probably a strategy used by many long-term investors in bitcoin. Because with DCA the accumulation of money in bitcoin becomes regular without having to look at the price of the bitcoin. Apart from that, the DCA strategy is also very useful for bitcoin investors whose income is not too large. So in essence, bitcoin investment uses the DCA strategy, giving hope for anyone to be able to invest according to their abilities.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Smilevictorobinna

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 02:44:07 PM

if you received $1500 and you invest $300 each every week, making a total of $900 per month left with $600, that is a bad aggressive Investment and surely the person is over doing it. because your bitcoin Investment should be done in a manner that you will not over do it. It will definitely affect you or Put you in a tight corner. If you Invest $900 on bitcoin how much will you use for feeding and running family expenses? Or how much will you set aside for emergency and reserved?
the scenario you've painted here depends a lot on the individual that's involved, but for most cases, I think that investing $900 while using $600 to run your monthly expenses isn't a bad idea. If I tailor this down to my situation where $600 is equivalent to N780k of my currency which to be honest is enough to take care of an average household for at least three months, then, it's not a bad decision if someone that earns such amount of money within a month decides to make such form of aggressive investment.
My example of $600 is for countries using dollar, we all no that dollar when converted is a big money in a lot of under developed countries, so using my example and placing it in ur country is wrong of you.
Now in your country if you are being paid N150k a month investing N30k every week will it still be seen as aggressive investment or not I think it will be.
I gave example of dollar and I think it should be viewed in your own individual countries.
Pages: « 1 ... 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 [418] 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 »
  Print  

Jump to: