Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:11:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Bitcoin, and HODL!  (Read 87872 times)
Ryu_Ar1

Activity: 826
Merit: 650

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2024, 06:09:39 PM

Perhaps you're probably correct, about your assumption that how much of your discretionary or disposable income is what determines how much you should invest rather than how much you earn, but I'd like to point out to you @Tmoonz that you're wrong from a different view point; bitcoin investment is not a default option in which you must invest what you have at your discretion; it's an important choice that should be taken seriously.

Perhaps when one talks about investing in bitcoin, it is supposed to be a very important part of one's life that is worth cutting other expenses to increase the rate and/or level of your investment; your lifestyle can wait for a moment, but bitcoin cannot, so you must sometimes not make yourself too comfortable by investing a small portion of your income in bitcoin, instead take it upon yourself to make a better portion of your income count by investing it in bitcoin. For instance, if you earn $200 per week and your weekly spending for the so-called lifestyle is $190, and you have roughly $10 in discretionary or disposable income, is that a good investment? Absolutely not! So it's basically how much you earn and a percentage you're willing to give for the future, rather than what's in your disposable income, because bitcoin isn't like shitcoin, where you can put whatever you want, but you decide how much of your income should be invested in your long-term investment scheme.
I think it's not a problem, okay maybe it would be great if we could minimize the expenses that we will do because after all it becomes a plus because with that we can be more free to be in bitcoin with a little bigger but in the end we also have to realize that we don't need to force it directly because investing in bitcoin is not a compulsion and the initial benchmark is still how ready you are to lose and we also have to see how much budget we really have to fulfill consistently so that what we do in investing in bitcoin does not eat up the budget of the others.

With this in mind if indeed we have around $200 of income and we have to spend $190 for our needs then there is no problem if indeed it is only $10 because this is our ability. although indeed in terms of profit also in the end it will not be much different but if indeed we can afford it only that much then still do it because forcing it to be more can ultimately burden yourself in the future.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
rachael9385

Activity: 490
Merit: 348

💯 Composure 💯

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2024, 06:40:25 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Having a good knowledge when it comes to Bitcoin accumulation is actually good and nice . But  not accumulating due to the urge acquiring more knowledge is not actually nice , for instance most of us started our Bitcoin accumulating and holding while learning, and the funny thing is that we are still learning. So what am saying is that we don't have to wait till we have gotten some deep knowledge about Bitcoin before thinking of investing and all that. But one can just start accumulating without having the knowledge on how Bitcoin work and what's all about , and how to purchase and secure it , that's where having the basic knowledge first comes In .

And I believe that they are alot of folks here with that same mindset of wanting to gather some deep knowledge about Bitcoin before starting their Bitcoin investment journey, and most of them will only endup regretting not starting their accummulation and holding on time , Because the right thing to do is as one is accumulating more Bitcoin, as same time he or she should focus on learning too.

Things you don't need to overlook before going to bitcoin investment is have acquired the knowledge first, when you are curious to accumulate bitcoin, theirs is possibilities that after accumulating your bitcoin the price might neither crash or not, that is while you need to have standard knowledge of bitcoin before you think of accumulating of bitcoin, some persons seems how skyrocket the price of bitcoin is moving now and that prompt them to think that investing in Bitcoin is the right option...bitcoin investment is not the way someone can get rich and when you are investing In Bitcoin you have to calm down and study well, many people come up with bad idea in bitcoin due lost they experience after been lose in bitcoin investment neither short-term or long-term investment.

The question every beginner must ask themselves if they really want observe before investing is I'm I in for the long-term or short term investment.... I wouldn't say more than that to avoid repetition
it should be a task to beginners to ask such questions, because for me I know quite well that you want to become successful you most ask others the pathway that makes them to be successful, so I know very well that what makes people to join bitcoin investment without making research is out of desperation, while is good to advantages and the disadvantages of something you wants to venture into it before you enroll yourself.
Gaining knowledge before going into any investment is very important, without knowing the basics of an investment before going into it can amount to failure, also taking hasty decisions before involving in any monetary ventures is a danger and can make the person to lose their investment funds. Before going into Bitcoin investment, it is important to understand how it works, knowing the basics like the seasons, bull run and bear run, what can trigger price to pump and dump, what halving means and how to protect your wallet from hacks, also how to secure your seed phrase, this basic knowledge will prepare a newbie investor on how Bitcoin works.

I like the phrase "buy the dip and hodl" it will direct newbies and experienced investors on the best time to buy Bitcoin, so that the person will not wait till another halving, to see a new ATH price, before they can make profit, buy during bear run and sale during bull run. So the best time to buy is when price dips, and sale when price surges, also the best option is to do DCA method, keep buying irrespective of short term pump and dump, then sale in the bull run or keep hodling.
Gaining Bitcoin knowledge because you want to start investing in Bitcoin is good, but it's not important to get Bitcoin knowledge first, because you can learn as you are investing. The important thing is getting started as soon as possible. Immediately you have the money to start your investment. The more you wait to finish learning about bitcoin investment the more opportunities you miss.

The way to understand how the Bitcoin market works is when you have started your investment. And one can also not know the future price of Bitcoin even if the person invests in Bitcoin, because nobody controls the Bitcoin price, so even learning about Bitcoin can not make you know the future price of Bitcoin.

Like you just talked about the wallet and all that, the best way to protect your wallet is to write down your seed phrase down then safely keep it anywhere that is safer for you and make sure you don't connect your bitcoin wallet to any random sites you come across on the internet or from your friends.

this basic knowledge will prepare a newbie investor on how Bitcoin works.
What I expect a crypto newbie to know is just the circles of Bitcoin.

If you are trying to go for the long run, I believe that you should try and remove your mind from ATH or bullrun. However, for you to profit largely by Bitcoin investments, you have to make sure you can pay a decent amount of money every week or month. DCA is a strategy that gives you an opportunity to accumulate and hold for long terms without being affected from any corner both from your monthly expenses. For one to use this DCA method, you have to make sure you are a salary earner or a business person, so that you will be able to get money on a weekly or monthly basis. Even if you are being paid $250 per month, you don't have to first of all deposit for Bitcoin first. It's a type of method that allows you to invest in the amount that remains in your possession after your expenses have been paid.

Let's take, for example, your salary is $250 per month and your expenses every month are $100, then you remove $100 from $250 and $150 will remain, then you remove another $50 for emergencies. $100 will remain. With that $100, you can remove another $50 for DCAing in Bitcoin and the remaining $50 can stay in your hand during the time. As you are DCAing with $50 per month in 5 years your Total amount will be $3000 (that's if you do it constantly) and since you are a salary earner or a business person there are also a possibility that as time goes on you might be promoted and your salaries will be topped up, so with that you can possibly increase the amount you DCA monthly.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Churchillvv

Activity: 434
Merit: 206

Churchillvv 🖤🦅

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2024, 07:27:43 PM

[edited out]
Perhaps you're probably correct, about your assumption that how much of your discretionary or disposable income is what determines how much you should invest rather than how much you earn, but I'd like to point out to you @Tmoonz that you're wrong from a different view point; bitcoin investment is not a default option in which you must invest what you have at your discretion; it's an important choice that should be taken seriously.

It seems to me that sometimes folks get their investment into bitcoin wrong because they might prioritize it beyond their considerations of their disposable income.. so then they get into trouble.

Sure, there is no problem prioritizing your investment into bitcoin, but it still has to come from your disposable income rather than some abstract decision to buy $100 per week of bitcoin no matter what - and then you end up not even having enough to cover your expenses or otherwise putting yourself into a predicament that could have had easily been avoided with a tad bit more appreciation regarding your budgetary (and psychological) balancing considerations.
Perhaps the word beyond and/or over definitely will put one into some kind of trouble for doing whatsoever whether investment or any kind of thing as long as it takes the extra ordinary it could lead to some kind of predicament but in terms of investing in bitcoin, I do not agree with some folks point of investing the left over of their income into bitcoin which is in disguise put into the word disposable income whereas what they mean is absolutely an unacceptable view of investment in bitcoin to be basically from the fag end of ones daily, weekly, and/or monthly expenses which at the end might end up being some kind of garbage amount that could be less than what is necessary for an investment. But that as it is doesn't mean one should prioritize bitcoin investment to a psychological end of being inappropriate but take it as a necessity.

There is nothing wrong with your ideas of cutting some of your discretionary expenses down to amounts that end up prioritizing bitcoin, but that is a different question in regards to whether you are prioritizing bitcoin beyond your discretionary income.

Yeah, you may be able to drive a Toyota rather than a Lambo.. no problem. You may be able to go out to eat 1 per week rather than 3 times per week, and there are a variety of ways in which our own choices of expenses are deprioritizing investing into bitcoin, but that still does not mean that investing into bitcoin can either go higher than discretionary income or that it makes sense to cut some expenses that may well be important to your quality of life in other ways including that if you choose to eat really cheap food, you might end up with health problems that could have had been avoided.. or even there might be needs for you to take your girlfriend/wife out for dinner (or other ways of spending money on her) from time to time in order to preserve your relationship... or some kinds of normalcies in your life that sometimes involve expenses.. including in some of your social circles, you might sometimes need to spend money on friends/relatives, even though maybe they don't deserve it or appreciate your spending on them, but there might be some needs to preserve various relationships with people that sometimes will cost money and take away from your ability to buy as many sats as you might prefer to buy in that week (or that particular month).
The idea of cutting down some expensive is quite expressed in your example of being able to drive Toyota instead of a lambo at some point it would be necessary to take such an action but where one must have reached a reasonable portfolio, ones preference of lambo might better than driving a Toyota of course what's life without making some memories count. 🥸

[Edited out]

You seem to be fighting with the idea of discretionary income, which seems like a semantics fight rather than a substantive fight... since surely you seem to realize and recognize that there may well be limits on how much any of us is able to invest into bitcoin on a weekly/monthly basis and there are ways that we can attempt to prioritize our expenses.. or even work on ways to increase our income.. .. so yeah, no problem with providing examples in which priorities might be changed and still be within bounds of discretionary income in order to invest into bitcoin or however else a person might choose to invest his time, money and/or energies. [/quote] Apparently, it sounds like I'm obviously fighting the idea of discretionary income but perhaps I'm only of the opinion that some kind of folks prioritize luxury or some kind of lifestyle thats not healthy at some point over investment, which is irrational to an extent. From a clear point one can increase his or her work life, do extra jobs to achieve his or her preferences but not cutting down a good quantity of their supposed investment capital to fulfill some kind of lifestyle that could put on hold for a moment hence achieving a necessity like bitcoin investment.

I agree with almost all of what you are saying Justbillywitt; however, I find very little value in any kind of idea that any of us should be striving and/or able to achieve perfection in terms of our bitcoin accumulation and/or our balancing of our priorities.

Personally, I think that it is better to consider the matter in terms of some kind of a balancing of making decently good choices within a range of possibilities that give us more and more options the longer that we do it.. so that we are likely just trying to do a good and comfortable job rather than getting it perfect, and sure, I am not suggesting to be sloppy or anything like that since from time to time we might identify areas in which we can tweak one direction or another, and we can even choose whether or not to tweak, and maybe the tweak might not even be much better than our earlier set path, but we can still attempt to make various kinds of improvements from time to time, yet I doubt that we are necessarily achieving perfection, even while at the same time, we might feel that we are achieving a certain level of comfort in terms of balancing our own finances and psychology.
Sometimes ago I was reading one of your works @JayJuanGee where I came across @bitmover saying he was going to continue accumulating bitcoin after some quality conversations with you JJG, I felt at that point he must have been feeling his accumulations was already perfect for himslef but after few constructive discussions he then realised the need for him to keep accumulating bitcoin.

~Edited out~

I have about 30% in bitcoin. I was worried about that as I considered it a lot.

However,  after recents discussions with you JJG, and some recent thoughts about the market , I stopped selling for a while. I will try to increase it.
✂️

Churchillvv is not making a completely invalid point, since he might be saying that a guy who might have $100 in transportation expenses, might choose to buy a car or buy a lambo rather than a Toyota, so that guy might not be adequately grappling with his discretionary income because he is creating expenses that are higher than he needs, and he should be prioritizing bitcoin and cutting back on some of those expenses.. .which sure sometimes that may be possible and sometimes it might not be as practical as Churchillvv seems to be suggesting.  Sure, another thing, which seems to be part of Churchillvv's point, is that some folks might consider their Lambo as a transportation expenses, which truly it is partly a transportation expense, but the Toyota might be more practical and there might even be instance  in which it might be better to use public transportation, take uber or some alternative to actually owning a car - except maybe in the case of a business, the car might be specifically used for direct work reasons.
Perfectly explained here. Perhaps I hope you @Troytech understands what JJG's explanation points out.

----- Drop some Star ⭐ for Churchill if you love kid coiners 🤟 ------
red4slash

Activity: 1330
Merit: 443

View Profile
May 24, 2024, 07:46:03 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), $crypto$ (1)

Maybe if indeed when we enter the total monthly investment expenses plus our needs for 1 month it will seem to be misleading but in this case I personally distinguish the calculation notes to make it easier for myself to manage the finances that I do.
For example, this month I have an income of around $300 a month and I spend $200 for personal needs and around $50 to buy bitcoin. I will make different notes for investments where indeed in the ledger the financial records will definitely remain $250 as this month's expenses but when talking about bitcoin we definitely need another record where there must be a record in the expenses we make for the purchase of bitcoin so that we know how much we have spent on bitcoin while we are here and that in my opinion is important as a consideration and as a belief that in the end being in bitcoin is profitable so that we don't not know how much of our money we spend on bitcoin and how much profit we can take.

But indeed in the end maybe this depends on what we are comfortable doing because the most important thing in this case is that we don't mess around with the way we manage money regardless of the different ways that are done and the mention of something in the end the goal remains the same, namely bitcoin investment.

In your example, if a guy is buying bitcoin with 25% of his expenses (50/200), then after about 4 years, the guy would have invested a whole year's worth of his expenses into bitcoin.. .So that would not be a bad place to be in terms of building a BTC holdings that has greater chances of getting him to fuck you status or some kind of a status in which he can start to employ sustainable withdrawal.

I wonder how important your ideas about profit taking is?  Sure we want to be in profits or even presume ourselves to be in profits with the passage of time, yet if the guy in your example continues with his practice of investing 25% of his expenses into bitcoin per year for 12 years, he has therefore invested 3 years worth of his expenses into bitcoin at the 12 year mark.  So then maybe the other question might be how bitcoin ended up performing over that time in order to allow the amount invested to grow at least with the cost of living increases and perhaps more than that. ... even though there are no guarantees...

So I am not necessarily going to presume regarding how much profits the guy might be in, yet I would suggest that the value of his holdings may well help to guide him in regards to whether he needs to continue to invest/accumulate bitcoin or if he might bd ready to start to employ some other strategies that might either be just maintenance or perhaps getting into various kinds of withdrawal practices, whether that would be time-based withdrawals and/or raking kinds of strategies.

Surely we make our own assessments regarding where we are at and how we might want to replace and/or supplement our income with bitcoin withdrawals if we happen to get ourselves into such a position.
okay indirectly you are saying that maybe in this case the accumulation is too big but as long as we are able then why not because after all this is not about our own ability in the end right? say indeed it is 25 percent of total income if indeed they can cover it then I think it is not a problem because after all when we are in something (including in bitcoin) then indeed we must be able to consider for some period of time ahead and again in this case I prefer to divide it periodically so for 12 years it is too long for me so 5 years is enough and when you consider the performance of bitcoin during that period (I want to take 5 years) as the timeframe I'm using right now and with the economy getting tougher in the end it's also predictable and we're also not likely to just stay at $300 for personal income because when the economy goes up then in this case the salary in our job usually follows in order to be balanced and that's been happening in the last few years so in the end when we can afford to make 25 percent of the initial budget then it's not a problem as long as we're willing to accept the risk.
In addition, returning to the initial discussion about capital in the end this is also important because investment can also be a business and we must know how much we spend on accumulating bitcoins that we buy from the beginning to a certain extent consistently and how much profit we get after we invest in that period of time. It becomes an important part because after all we are in bitcoin is for profit and financial freedom so the profit factor even though it is only a figurative expression because the bitcoin remains the same only the value is different must still be considered.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ginsan

Activity: 1372
Merit: 627

View Profile
May 24, 2024, 08:40:56 PM

okay indirectly you are saying that maybe in this case the accumulation is too big but as long as we are able then why not because after all this is not about our own ability in the end right? say indeed it is 25 percent of total income if indeed they can cover it then I think it is not a problem because after all when we are in something (including in bitcoin) then indeed we must be able to consider for some period of time ahead and again in this case I prefer to divide it periodically so for 12 years it is too long for me so 5 years is enough and when you consider the performance of bitcoin during that period (I want to take 5 years) as the timeframe I'm using right now and with the economy getting tougher in the end it's also predictable and we're also not likely to just stay at $300 for personal income because when the economy goes up then in this case the salary in our job usually follows in order to be balanced and that's been happening in the last few years so in the end when we can afford to make 25 percent of the initial budget then it's not a problem as long as we're willing to accept the risk.
In addition, returning to the initial discussion about capital in the end this is also important because investment can also be a business and we must know how much we spend on accumulating bitcoins that we buy from the beginning to a certain extent consistently and how much profit we get after we invest in that period of time. It becomes an important part because after all we are in bitcoin is for profit and financial freedom so the profit factor even though it is only a figurative expression because the bitcoin remains the same only the value is different must still be considered.
25% is quite attractive to apply, but as I have followed in this thread, many people apply 10% to invest in bitcoin. Of course 25% will be quite large for you to allocate, but if you are able and it doesn't interfere with your living needs then do it according to your plan. Of course, your BTC holdings will increase even more if every month you are able to allocate 25% to buying Bitcoin.

Of course, the additional income you get from your monthly salary is certainly very good for investing in Bitcoin and I support the steps you take in your investment journey. So, if the duration of your investment is 5 years, of course that is also good, but it is still a good idea to buy it regularly every week.

So to help you, maybe I found one of the best articles on investing in bitcoin, although it is almost the same, of course this will increase your enthusiasm to continue holding bitcoin.
https://thecollegeinvestor.com/42217/how-to-invest-in-bitcoin/

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 25, 2024, 02:14:24 AM

Getting a standard knowledge of bitcoin isn't something a newbie can cover in a week or two this could take months or even longer before he we would understand more about himself like cashflow management, risk tolerance and his investment timeline, all this are decisions that could take some time to figure out, waiting is a very wrong idea especially when you already know how to buy bitcoin and where to store it, this are the basic knowledge that I consider important for a newbie the rest can be figured out in the process of buying bitcoin, yes some newbies can tend to be very aggressive with regards to the price of bitcoin which I don't really support cause aggressiveness without knowledge of yourself can cause you to sell very early than expected, so a better advice like what Jay had said earlier on would be for them to get started even if it's a very little buying purchase of 10$ weekly and consistently while the figure out themselves properly.
From your perception is good to hurry up and invest in bitcoin, is that what you will advise beginners to do, in norms you don't need to venture what you don't know about without proper research, someone get into lose base on over excitement and curiosity to invest in order to make a profit, as investor you need to be inquisitive to something you have not comprehend well..let me ask you, during the bearish season and bullrun when is best time for someone to accumulate bitcoin?.

I can't be that conscious to invest due to bitcoin price is increasing rapidly, you most at least scrutinised the market and understand the next movement of Bitcoin through the chat or move of candles sticks, probably, we need to know that is not all about investing but understand the system first, many of you is curious to invest when the price of bitcoin increasing and you feel is the best time to accumulate your bitcoin.
I think you misunderstand Troytech here. He never said anyone should hurry up and buy Bitcoin. Read again, Basic knowledge, and standard knowledge are two different things. When you said basic knowledge it is what a beginner needs to know after having the idea of investing in Bitcoin. It includes how to store their coins properly and the strategies and theories regarding Bitcoin investment in general. Standard knowledge of Bitcoin includes understanding Bitcoin in all areas, which involves the theoretical and technical parts of the blockchain. Which I agree with him that for a beginner basic knowledge is only required to start investing, the most important thing is to know how to start investing, how to keep your coins safe, and how to ignore risk during our investment processes. The research you mentioned falls under basic knowledge and not standard knowledge.

let me ask you, during the bearish season and bullrun when is best time for someone to accumulate bitcoin?.
I know this question is not for me but let me give you a quick answer.

There is no specific best time to accumulate Bitcoin. At all seasons an investor can stack bitcoin as long as he has the basic knowledge to hold his funds. Once we have gained knowledge of Bitcoin we understand how the investment works the investment begins. Now we can still afford to buy Bitcoin with our little earnings it is a good time no matter the season we are in.
Normally, buying bitcoin in the bear market is the best time to accumulate bitcoin because we will accumulate more bitcoin with a lesser amount of money, and the bear market will facilitate us to achieve the quantity of bitcoin we want to hold because bitcoin is always cheap at that time. For instance, just like JayJuanGee accumulated most of his bitcoin holdings in the bear market, when bitcoin was very cheap, it helped him achieve the quantity of bitcoin he wanted to hold quickly. JayJuanGee can decide not to accumulate bitcoin again because he has already accumulated enough bitcoin, which is very much okay for him. But that doesn't mean that accumulating bitcoin when the price is at its peak or bitcoin halving has happened is bad. It only means you will be accumulating bitcoin when it is expensive, and you will need good capital to help you accumulate a good quantity of bitcoin on time because the demand for bitcoin is high, scarce, and expensive to accumulate.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
FAST DEPOSITS
AND WITHDRAWALS
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
WHEEL OF
FORTUNE
[WELCOME OFFER
     200% + 50FS
]▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
reagansimms

Activity: 1008
Merit: 563

View Profile
May 25, 2024, 03:36:48 AM

~~~
Normally, buying bitcoin in the bear market is the best time to accumulate bitcoin because we will accumulate more bitcoin with a lesser amount of money, and the bear market will facilitate us to achieve the quantity of bitcoin we want to hold because bitcoin is always cheap at that time. For instance, just like JayJuanGee accumulated most of his bitcoin holdings in the bear market, when bitcoin was very cheap, it helped him achieve the quantity of bitcoin he wanted to hold quickly. JayJuanGee can decide not to accumulate bitcoin again because he has already accumulated enough bitcoin, which is very much okay for him. But that doesn't mean that accumulating bitcoin when the price is at its peak or bitcoin halving has happened is bad. It only means you will be accumulating bitcoin when it is expensive, and you will need good capital to help you accumulate a good quantity of bitcoin on time because the demand for bitcoin is high, scarce, and expensive to accumulate.
The example shown by JayJuanGee can be used by anyone who wants to get Bitcoin when the price is cheap and indirectly he also teaches Bitcoin investors to take advantage of this moment to collect as much Bitcoin as possible. This method is very easy to do, buying at a cheap price and selling it again when the price is high is the goal of investors to get the profit they want. Accumulating Bitcoin when the market is entering a bearish phase will make you calmer and able to hold Bitcoin in the long term without having to worry about the price going down further. The great potential that Bitcoin always presents will allow you to collect Bitcoin at a cheap price in greater quantities.

Collecting Bitcoin when the price is at its peak will make you have to wait longer to get a profit, usually when the price has reached the peak it will experience a sidway which makes your assets experience a decrease in value. I prefer the method used by JayJuanGee because it will give you peace of mind when investing and has the potential to get bigger profits. Another advantage of buying Bitcoin when the price is cheap is that you don't have to wait long, usually the market will experience a Bullish phase after a downturn in a Bearish period.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Churchillvv

Activity: 434
Merit: 206

Churchillvv 🖤🦅

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2024, 05:54:22 AM

The example shown by JayJuanGee can be used by anyone who wants to get Bitcoin when the price is cheap and indirectly he also teaches Bitcoin investors to take advantage of this moment to collect as much Bitcoin as possible. This method is very easy to do, buying at a cheap price and selling it again when the price is high is the goal of investors to get the profit they want. Accumulating Bitcoin when the market is entering a bearish phase will make you calmer and able to hold Bitcoin in the long term without having to worry about the price going down further. The great potential that Bitcoin always presents will allow you to collect Bitcoin at a cheap price in greater quantities.

Collecting Bitcoin when the price is at its peak will make you have to wait longer to get a profit, usually when the price has reached the peak it will experience a sidway which makes your assets experience a decrease in value. I prefer the method used by JayJuanGee because it will give you peace of mind when investing and has the potential to get bigger profits. Another advantage of buying Bitcoin when the price is cheap is that you don't have to wait long, usually the market will experience a Bullish phase after a downturn in a Bearish period.
Perhaps you might be right with your assumptions but you sound short term minded. certainly we have come to realise that the volatile nature of bitcoin has a crucial benefit for investors which means the bearish or downward trend of bitcoin is an opportunity to grasp more bitcoin to our portfolio as it serves as a discount in terms of purchasing power.

One thing a lot of investors do not understand is that no matter the bearish wave bitcoin seems to experience it would still not change its nature as 0.0050BTC will always remain 0.0050BTC, what only changes is the price or value attached to the number which you have in your portfolio, so as the price goes up above the entry price you're automatically in profit which is totally nothing to worry about as long as you're investing in bitcoin for a long term purpose within a 4 years circle of bitcoin one will surely be in profit which is not even enough to be classified as long term holding but seems durable to some kind of investors.

Apparently the over point here is keep buying the dips and hodling just as the title of the thread says selling is not an option except you have reach a good position or status where you have at least up to 30% percent of your income in bitcoin which is not achievable in a short term mind as you assume for selling, when such status quo rich has been met one could think of start using the sustainable withdrawal method to take profit but at this point where this position is not met yet buying the dip, DCAing, Lump sum and hodling is the best for an investor as you reagansimms and everyone else here who haven't reach the status.

----- Drop some Star ⭐ for Churchill if you love kid coiners 🤟 ------
laijsica

Activity: 126
Merit: 87

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 25, 2024, 06:52:12 AM

Getting a standard knowledge of bitcoin isn't something a newbie can cover in a week or two this could take months or even longer before he we would understand more about himself like cashflow management, risk tolerance and his investment timeline, all this are decisions that could take some time to figure out, waiting is a very wrong idea especially when you already know how to buy bitcoin and where to store it, this are the basic knowledge that I consider important for a newbie the rest can be figured out in the process of buying bitcoin, yes some newbies can tend to be very aggressive with regards to the price of bitcoin which I don't really support cause aggressiveness without knowledge of yourself can cause you to sell very early than expected, so a better advice like what Jay had said earlier on would be for them to get started even if it's a very little buying purchase of 10$ weekly and consistently while the figure out themselves properly.
I can't be that conscious to invest due to bitcoin price is increasing rapidly, you most at least scrutinised the market and understand the next movement of Bitcoin through the chat or move of candles sticks, probably, we need to know that is not all about investing but understand the system first.
First of all, this thread is about buying the dip, and hodl. Your suggestion is only for the people who are in bitcoin investment for short-term profit (day traders); they are the ones who need to analyze the price of bitcoin with the knowledge of technical analysis so that it will help them to guess if there will be a dip in bitcoin, so they can buy bitcoin at a low price and sell when the price is high to enable them to take their short term profit. But for those who are all in on bitcoin for the long term, they don't need to do any analysis before they can accumulate bitcoin. They can adopt the DCA strategy to accumulate bitcoin when the money is readily available, and they will buy bitcoin even when it is increasing or decreasing. The DCA strategy will help them buy bitcoin at different prices, and the ones they bought at a low price will make up for the ones they bought at a high price.
The risk level is relatively high in short-term investments because they are always interested in buying BTC at a dips price but they forget that it may dips further. They may even fall behind the sales target at some point. Sometimes technical results may not work because market conditions are a reflection of buyer and seller interactions. Normal inflation and environmental factors may affect the market which is normal. However, DCA method of buying BTC should be considered for easy continuation of investment. Through this strategy, the objective of buying at regular intervals is a mixture of different prices in the market, which is to reduce the level of buying when the price is high and to increase the level of buying when the price is low. As a result, more BTC can be accumulated for the same price. There is a common saying in the market that investing at the wrong time leads to more losses for any investor. But if one starts DCA in bullish period and keeps buying target at regular intervals for long term then his stash will gradually increase and may be beneficial for him in future.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Samlucky O

Activity: 322
Merit: 268

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2024, 12:45:25 PM

From your perception is good to hurry up and invest in bitcoin, is that what you will advise beginners to do, in norms you don't need to venture what you don't know about without proper research, someone get into lose base on over excitement and curiosity to invest in order to make a profit, as investor you need to be inquisitive to something you have not comprehend well.
Yes it's very important to study very well about bitcoin before adventuring into investment and also know how it works in Oder not to fall victim of scammers and not to lost a reasonable amount due to lack of proper learning or understanding. but I think when they said newbie can invest in bitcoin does not implies about short time investment like gambling or Trading which we are not discussing here but specifically and strategically on long term investment and  a specific and speculated time horizone so surely its not a bad thing for newbies to learn about bitcoin properly before investing, but the aspect we majorly emphasis on is that if they have the basics skills about bitcoin, how it works, how to buy or sell and the right wallet and address it should be send to, then such person can be able to start accumulating. And note before starting to accumulate, the person in question should be able to have a steady source of income to be able to have a regular amount in his discretion or reserved to be able to invest on weekly DCA or buy the dip and HODL according to your discretion or float. Not just having a small amount and you start to invest without having a backup capital to continue the investment for as long as speculated.

let me ask you, during the bearish season and bullrun when is best time for someone to accumulate bitcoin?.
I know you are not a regular poster of this thread and have not comprehend the meaning of the thread and all what it entails or talks about, but I will try to explain more to you for clarification. a HODLer usually have a longer time horizon compeard to your expectations. A HODLer does not buy on bearish season and sell on bull run or buy dip and sell when it high
But a HODLer usually have a discretionary fund Which is equivalently a reserved fund which has many functions. It is used to buy bitcoin on a regular basis every week known as dollar cost average (DCA). Which is just a regular buying and does not think about the market ups and downs. Also buying the dip which means when the market is bearish a HODLer will use some portions of his reserved to buy the dip depending on how he feels like to buy. This method will recover some lost amount when the HODLer may have bought higher in the DCA method. Lump-sum can also be Buying once at a go depends on how much you also feel like to buy for a specific period of time. And such Investment will not affect your discretion. So a HODLers metal reason is far beyond what you think and they stand a better Position to make more money in the future after many having. And also know that HODLers time horizon takes at least 4-10 years interval, and 20-30 years at most. When talking of making profit in bitcoin, think of a longer time duration.

I can't be that conscious to invest due to bitcoin price is increasing rapidly, you most at least scrutinised the , market and understand the next movement of Bitcoin through the chat or move of candles sticks, probably, we need to know that is not all about investing but understand the system first.
Understanding the system does not in any may mean we must watch the candle sticks. Watching of candles stick is talking more of trading and of course that is not what we are talking about. You need to start investing in bitcoin than watching those candle sticks of yours because that will delay your investment approach. I think it's important to note that you have to start investing in bitcoin and stop procrastinating and looking at bitcoin movement because surely it not a stable coin but a volatile asset that will increase over time. Surely there is hope and the future of Bitcoin is bright if you can only start investing now and stop watching at those fucking candle sticks.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
JiiBs

Activity: 154
Merit: 89

View Profile
May 25, 2024, 01:25:16 PM

The risk level is relatively high in short-term investments because they are always interested in buying BTC at a dips price but they forget that it may dips further. They may even fall behind the sales target at some point. Sometimes technical results may not work because market conditions are a reflection of buyer and seller interactions. Normal inflation and environmental factors may affect the market which is normal. However, DCA method of buying BTC should be considered for easy continuation of investment. Through this strategy, the objective of buying at regular intervals is a mixture of different prices in the market, which is to reduce the level of buying when the price is high and to increase the level of buying when the price is low. As a result, more BTC can be accumulated for the same price.
Personally, bulk buying of Bitcoin isn't my thing, I have never tried it and I wouldn't say I hope not to, I would like to if the opportunity presents itself but, am not sure am going to plan for that by having to save up some money while waiting out for rye market to dip. No, that's not want I would want to do or advise of anyone.
At the end, technical analysis isn't exactly bad though. It gives insight not on an individual perspective but on the whole of some possibilities that could be expected with certain moves on the charts. Sometimes, it plays out and at other times, it doesn't.
Hence, you don't base an investment on that.

This is why DCA offers an uneven advantage as, it doesn't give any of these means to analysis a priority but centers on the final or expected goal, with patience to serve as the straw on the paths to your goal.
Bravut

Activity: 140
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 25, 2024, 03:17:56 PM

I can't be that conscious to invest due to bitcoin price is increasing rapidly, you most at least scrutinised the , market and understand the next movement of Bitcoin through the chat or move of candles sticks, probably, we need to know that is not all about investing but understand the system first.
Understanding the system does not in any may mean we must watch the candle sticks. Watching of candles stick is talking more of trading and of course that is not what we are talking about. You need to start investing in bitcoin than watching those candle sticks of yours because that will delay your investment approach. I think it's important to note that you have to start investing in bitcoin and stop procrastinating and looking at bitcoin movement because surely it not a stable coin but a volatile asset that will increase over time. Surely there is hope and the future of Bitcoin is bright if you can only start investing now and stop watching at those fucking candle sticks.

He speaks more in Trading view of what accumulation should be. I don't doubt his opinion because every has a say, but looking at candlestick doesn't mean you understand market dynamics.
Moreover we share idea concerning strategy and accumulation of Bitcoin not necessarily candlestick or trading whatever.

Investing in Bitcoin isn't a big deal as we take it to be, this is simply understanding;
 what investing really is
 what is the potential of Bitcoin in the nearest
 future?
 what strategy can i use?, what my target and
 goals?
 What's my expected return?
 Am I ready to accept whatever outcome (Risk)?

Once, we get over this questions we are good to go, then we simply accumulate and hold.
wmaurik

Activity: 2072
Merit: 713

View Profile
May 25, 2024, 03:25:23 PM

Personally, bulk buying of Bitcoin isn't my thing, I have never tried it and I wouldn't say I hope not to, I would like to if the opportunity presents itself but, am not sure am going to plan for that by having to save up some money while waiting out for rye market to dip. No, that's not want I would want to do or advise of anyone.
At the end, technical analysis isn't exactly bad though. It gives insight not on an individual perspective but on the whole of some possibilities that could be expected with certain moves on the charts. Sometimes, it plays out and at other times, it doesn't.

Everyone has their own way and personality in planning their investments, as well as owning Bitcoin for the long term which can also be considered as an investment in their own future. Because if someone doesn't want to own Bitcoin at times like now, of course there is a big question mark for that person that maybe he still lacks the money to buy it. Or he still lacks knowledge in understanding Bitcoin so that he still hesitates to believe in Bitcoin in the long term and if the reasons are more technical. This shows that you yourself are a trader who likes to see profits in the short term by understanding every Bitcoin price movement itself through the charts in the market.

█████████
▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███
▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████
▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████
███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀████████
████
███▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████
██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄███████
███████
▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████
▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
RECEIVE BONUS

[ NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED ]
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Smilevictorobinna

Activity: 56
Merit: 31

View Profile
May 25, 2024, 05:36:55 PM

The risk level is relatively high in short-term investments because they are always interested in buying BTC at a dips price but they forget that it may dips further. They may even fall behind the sales target at some point. Sometimes technical results may not work because market conditions are a reflection of buyer and seller interactions. Normal inflation and environmental factors may affect the market which is normal. However, DCA method of buying BTC should be considered for easy continuation of investment. Through this strategy, the objective of buying at regular intervals is a mixture of different prices in the market, which is to reduce the level of buying when the price is high and to increase the level of buying when the price is low. As a result, more BTC can be accumulated for the same price.

This is why DCA offers an uneven advantage as, it doesn't give any of these means to analysis a priority but centers on the final or expected goal, with patience to serve as the straw on the paths to your goal.
If you are not doing DCA and trying to buy only on Big Dips, then you need to continuously remain in touch with Bitcoin price and try to figure out yourself dips and big dips. The only thing we don't know is that the price we buying is the bottom or just the start of dip. These are things you have to keep in mind if you are not doing DCA.
If you are not in DCA and have huge cash then buying at one price is also a good option provided you are willing to HODL for a longer duration. Lump sum investment becomes more profitable if you correctly caught the big dips. But again there are trade-offs, in Nov 2018 price of Bitcoin was around 5000$ while in Nov 2021 price of Bitcoin was around 65000$. If you have your Lump sum investment at 5000$ and you are willing to HODL for 4 to 5 years then results will be very much positive.
Troytech

Activity: 196
Merit: 207

View Profile
May 25, 2024, 05:51:27 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Churchillvv (1)

[edited out]

It seems to me that sometimes folks get their investment into bitcoin wrong because they might prioritize it beyond their considerations of their disposable income.. so then they get into trouble.

Sure, there is no problem prioritizing your investment into bitcoin, but it still has to come from your disposable income rather than some abstract decision to buy $100 per week of bitcoin no matter what - and then you end up not even having enough to cover your expenses or otherwise putting yourself into a predicament that could have had easily been avoided with a tad bit more appreciation regarding your budgetary (and psychological) balancing considerations.

Perhaps the word beyond and/or over definitely will put one into some kind of trouble for doing whatsoever whether investment or any kind of thing as long as it takes the extra ordinary it could lead to some kind of predicament but in terms of investing in bitcoin, I do not agree with some folks point of investing the left over of their income into bitcoin which is in disguise put into the word disposable income whereas what they mean is absolutely an unacceptable view of investment in bitcoin to be basically from the fag end of ones daily, weekly, and/or monthly expenses which at the end might end up being some kind of garbage amount that could be less than what is necessary for an investment. But that as it is doesn't mean one should prioritize bitcoin investment to a psychological end of being inappropriate but take it as a necessity.

You are still struggling a little with what a discretional income is, investing from our discretional or disposable income doesn't mean in any way that we are neglecting our investment in bitcoin and doesn't mean that its some kind of left over or little amount.

A discretional income is what is left after we have taken out the money for our necessary expenses, I think i already gave you an illustrative the last time but I think I'll have to start all over,
Mr A is earning a 1000$ and lives in a small house with little bills to pay, so after he has taken out his necessary bills and expenses he ends up with 500$ in his discretionary income and can decide to keep an extra 100$ for floats and invest the rest into bitcoin on a weekly basis and this is achieved because he has little expenses to make and hence his discretionary income is bigger after he has removed the necessary expenses.
Mr B can also be earning same amount and has a higher expenses based on the kind of house he chose to live and lifestyle he has so he winds up with only 300$ as a discretional income after after his expense and decides to keep an extra 150 floats for enjoying himself and invest 150$ into bitcoin.

So in essence the discretional income is determined by how much of an expense the person has and how much he can avoid out of his income, and at same time it's also possible that the person can chose to favour other things than bitcoin investment with his discretionary income.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Ruttoshi

Activity: 364
Merit: 299

Baba God Noni

View Profile
May 25, 2024, 06:04:55 PM

If you are not doing DCA and trying to buy only on Big Dips, then you need to continuously remain in touch with Bitcoin price and try to figure out yourself dips and big dips. The only thing we don't know is that the price we buying is the bottom or just the start of dip. These are things you have to keep in mind if you are not doing DCA.
If you are not in DCA and have huge cash then buying at one price is also a good option provided you are willing to HODL for a longer duration. Lump sum investment becomes more profitable if you correctly caught the big dips. But again there are trade-offs, in Nov 2018 price of Bitcoin was around 5000$ while in Nov 2021 price of Bitcoin was around 65000$. If you have your Lump sum investment at 5000$ and you are willing to HODL for 4 to 5 years then results will be very much positive.
It all depends on the accumulation stage of that investor that lump sum will be a good accumulating strategy for him. Someone new into bitcoin and wants to start investing does not need to use the lump sum strategy because he wants to buy at the dip. That investor needs to use the DCA strategy because it is most convenient and flexible as long as you are using your discretionary income to invest in bitcoin often either weekly or monthly, so that he can gradually increase his bitcoin portfolio as time passes by.

The reason is because for you to lump sum, you need a good amount of money, and if your discretionary income cannot give you such amount, you will have to start saving this money in the bank for it to get to the amount that you feel is cool for you to lump sum with. Some people can even take one year or two just in the name of piling up fiat so that they can lump sum at the dip. Wasting the time that those money that they are piling up in the bank should be channel into bitcoin as it comes in so that they can start piling up in bitcoin than fiat that depreciates overtime.

Another disadvantage of buying once and not buy again is that, you will not be able to buy bitcoin at different price level which is the trick of using DCA to take advantage of the volatile nature of bitcoin. You might lump sum today, and bitcoin price dips, you will be at loss not until Bitcoin price goes higher the amount you bought. This is why new investors should only focus on the DCA method in the beginning, which gives them the opportunity to buy with whatever amount of discretionary income that they have also at different price level.

Lastly, you will not be able to accumulate the amount of bitcoin that an investor using DCA method buying always without stopping every week or month will have in the same duration of time. This means that his bitcoin portfolio will be bigger than yours, likewise the profit.

If an investor have reached 50% of your bitcoin portfolio and above, you can use lump sum. However using both DCA and lump sum after two years of your regular DCA buying weekly or monthly, is very good if you are opportune.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
teamsherry

Activity: 210
Merit: 60

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 25, 2024, 07:59:31 PM

[edited out]

I really couldn't grasp the first part of your post, i understand that you are proposing that we prioritize our bitcoin investment but that in no way should be out of our disposable income, whether you like it or not our daily needs comes first before investing in Bitcoin and the best we can is to limit some of out extra expenses to get our discretionary income up and invest in bitcoin.

A disposable income doesn't or in no way is the left over of our income, its rather what is left after all our expense has been removed, and with that amount we can chose to invest it in bitcoin, you can't be insinuating that we put bitcoin investment first and then take what is left for expense, we woudl surely regret that cause we can get into unnecessary debt or emergencies due to such poor cashfkow management decision, so it's always going to be better toninvest out of our discretionary income.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ginsan

Activity: 1372
Merit: 627

View Profile
May 25, 2024, 09:06:58 PM
Merited by liuka (1)

I really couldn't grasp the first part of your post, i understand that you are proposing that we prioritize our bitcoin investment but that in no way should be out of our disposable income, whether you like it or not our daily needs comes first before investing in Bitcoin and the best we can is to limit some of out extra expenses to get our discretionary income up and invest in bitcoin.

A disposable income doesn't or in no way is the left over of our income, its rather what is left after all our expense has been removed, and with that amount we can chose to invest it in bitcoin, you can't be insinuating that we put bitcoin investment first and then take what is left for expense, we woudl surely regret that cause we can get into unnecessary debt or emergencies due to such poor cashfkow management decision, so it's always going to be better toninvest out of our discretionary income.
Actually, in planning the investment you want to make, it is better to focus on your monthly income, where you can budget 10% or 15% for buying Bitcoin, isn't that simpler to understand. Apart from that, don't complicate the situation where you have to take a loan to invest in bitcoin because that is not a very good action. Therefore, invest as much as you can. If you can afford to buy Bitcoin with $20 per week, then apply it every week.

Well, if the points you convey are of course correct, but sometimes your monthly spending needs increase and will you miss purchases that month? Now, in this case, it must be underlined that when investing in the long term, initial planning is of course required, which is a priority so that this will not interfere with spending on any monthly spending needs.

In essence, people who invest are those who want to change their fate in the next decades, therefore they need to develop a wise strategy so that their investment can run smoothly. Accumulating regularly every week is a pretty brilliant idea and also increasing the budget to buy aggressively is the second option in long-term planning. But you can organize each strategy neatly and can also go hand in hand with a new strategy by acting aggressively when prices drop and also buying in a lump sum to increase BTC holdings.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
bhadz

Activity: 2464
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2024, 10:09:03 PM

What about those people that has full understanding about there finance and also has a discretionary income. the knowledge of Bitcoin is different from that of finance, you can be a beginner (newbie) but have all knowledge about financial management.
So if such person's are going into Bitcoin investment all they need to know is how to invest and how Bitcoin works.
I agree with you and I believe having knowledge of self custody is very important and yet knowledge of self-custody is not a prerequisite in terms of getting into bitcoin you are very correct.
While I agree to you in most of what you've said but learning how to invest in Bitcoin isn't just all about how to invest and how Bitcoin works. There's so much they need to learn but I don't want to complicate it because they'd come by to that once they're already in. Like how to protect themselves from potential scams and phishing, so knowing the volatility of Bitcoin which is included on how BTC works but all of those will be learned by the newbies once they have allotted money on BTC already.

Well that only imply if you try to invest on short term since you really need to consider those risk and learn from it. But erase those thoughts regarding on those phising and scams since we are not talking about that matter here. What's best to discuss is on how those newbies can make their investment plan to succeed especially on the methods they should use since there's really a lot of information to learn here.
It does makes sense to include security in the discussion as per the newbies. Most of the people that are asking for help were the newbies when they have been hacked, phished and scammed. So, it's essential for someone who is investing on Bitcoin to know how to avoid those potential threat to their investment. Yes, we all want everyone to succeed but it's not going to be enough if you only know how to invest but you should also know how to spot those scams and other malicious threats that might steal your asset.

What those people need to know that short term investment bring more higher risk to them than investing on bitcoin for long term that's why they should focus on things that can actually give them high chance to earn. And in process they should consider to learn certain flaws that can affect their investment decision so that they could earn success and they will not get easily bother by anything that might happen in future. Its interesting to see that now there's a lot of people is engaging with this hodl discussions since we can learn a lot of knowledge coming from multiple source that can help us became more better investor.
I bold the part about how many are falling for scams. Because of the thought that are given to them about aiming to earn with high chance. Well no doubt doing it on Bitcoin gives them that but if they're going to focus on it, they might just land to the scamming tactics of cons.

Justbillywitt

Activity: 280
Merit: 235

View Profile
May 26, 2024, 07:02:07 AM

Perhaps when one talks about investing in bitcoin, it is supposed to be a very important part of one's life that is worth cutting other expenses to increase the rate and/or level of your investment; your lifestyle can wait for a moment, but bitcoin cannot, so you must sometimes not make yourself too comfortable by investing a small portion of your income in bitcoin, instead take it upon yourself to make a better portion of your income count by investing it in bitcoin. For instance, if you earn $200 per week and your weekly spending for the so-called lifestyle is $190, and you have roughly $10 in discretionary or disposable income, is that a good investment? Absolutely not! So it's basically how much you earn and a percentage you're willing to give for the future, rather than what's in your disposable income, because bitcoin isn't like shitcoin, where you can put whatever you want, but you decide how much of your income should be invested in your long-term investment scheme.
I think it's not a problem, okay maybe it would be great if we could minimize the expenses that we will do because after all it becomes a plus because with that we can be more free to be in bitcoin with a little bigger but in the end we also have to realize that we don't need to force it directly because investing in bitcoin is not a compulsion and the initial benchmark is still how ready you are to lose and we also have to see how much budget we really have to fulfill consistently so that what we do in investing in bitcoin does not eat up the budget of the others.

With this in mind if indeed we have around $200 of income and we have to spend $190 for our needs then there is no problem if indeed it is only $10 because this is our ability. although indeed in terms of profit also in the end it will not be much different but if indeed we can afford it only that much then still do it because forcing it to be more can ultimately burden yourself in the future.
See this matter of investing in bitcoin is also something we should take seriously as much as we need to plan for our daily needs, we also have to understand that needs don't finish and they keeps coming up on daily basis, but as much as we have to take care of other things we have to understand that we have to take our investment in bitcoin very serious too. If someone is making a monthly income of $200 and he is investing only $10 I think it's very poor. If you are making monthly income of $200 you should at least invest 10% of the money which is $20 and I don't think it's too much. If $190 can carry you for a month, I think $180 will equally be enough to carry you for the moment. In as much as we are investing, we should also target to have a reasonable amount of fraction of bitcoin and to accumulate it, we have to make some certain level of sacrifice.

Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 »
  Print  

Jump to: