Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:53:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 [448] 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Bitcoin, and HODL!  (Read 87729 times)
Justinapeter

Activity: 28
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 04, 2024, 03:47:31 PM

Indirectly we can conclude that in the end trading is no better and even very much more risky than investing so we don't need to think too much about trading because sooner or later you will also lose in trading so by seeing that switch to investing without having to look at trading.
In addition, it seems that the discussion of trading will not be too connected when juxtaposed with the previous discussion because from the beginning we always discuss about investment not trading.
I don't want to assume they are bad traders but indeed with your narrative we also actually need to realize that doing trading especially for those people who are new to bitcoin and just learning the investment system, it will indeed be misleading because in the end investing and trading are different things and cannot be put together in a discussion.
Holding is the most profitable form of investment in cryptocurrency, but not everyone can or should hold. Trading has its place in the cryptocurrency market and should be encouraged and supported. Exchanges rely on daily trading for market manipulation and understanding the psychology of demand and supply. If trading isn't your strength, focus on what you believe in and let traders do their work. Ultimately, at some point, we all will be trading our coins.
I mostly agree with this but in most types of trading (outside of crypto currency) fundamental information about the asset is much more important/valuable than mathematical models or technical analysis. With bitcoin, however, the market is extremely inefficient so both methods really aren't very reliable. The best way to trade bitcoin is to look at its fundamental value and decide whether or not you think it will rise or fall long term (like 10+ years out), and make decisions based on that. You can trade around your position using technical info, but your best bet is to hold long term if you are bullish.

Almost nobody is going to beat the crypto market over a long period of time by making frequent trades based on either technical or fundamental data.
Greyhats

Activity: 191
Merit: 121

View Profile
June 04, 2024, 05:31:32 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2024, 05:46:51 PM by Greyhats
Merited by ginsan (1)

Today we see Bitcoin going over 70k, we have been on a sideway run from the start of March to now. We saw a new ATH $73794 on 14 Mar, and have also seen some dips along the way. Anyone care to state how close they got to the dips over this period?

(Bitstamp USD$ prices on the daily chart)

20 Mar $60,760
17 Apr $59,629
01 May $56,500

From my own DCA data, looking at the lowest cost price around/near/on those dates I got corn at these prices:

March $62,000
April $62,050
May $57,033

I didnt do any dip buying, but did triple my dca amounts from May. How did you all do dca or dip?

Zackz5000

Activity: 126
Merit: 97

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 04, 2024, 06:14:42 PM

Indirectly we can conclude that in the end trading is no better and even very much more risky than investing so we don't need to think too much about trading because sooner or later you will also lose in trading so by seeing that switch to investing without having to look at trading.
In addition, it seems that the discussion of trading will not be too connected when juxtaposed with the previous discussion because from the beginning we always discuss about investment not trading.
I don't want to assume they are bad traders but indeed with your narrative we also actually need to realize that doing trading especially for those people who are new to bitcoin and just learning the investment system, it will indeed be misleading because in the end investing and trading are different things and cannot be put together in a discussion.
Holding is the most profitable form of investment in cryptocurrency, but not everyone can or should hold. Trading has its place in the cryptocurrency market and should be encouraged and supported. Exchanges rely on daily trading for market manipulation and understanding the psychology of demand and supply. If trading isn't your strength, focus on what you believe in and let traders do their work. Ultimately, at some point, we all will be trading our coins.
I mostly agree with this but in most types of trading (outside of crypto currency) fundamental information about the asset is much more important/valuable than mathematical models or technical analysis. With bitcoin, however, the market is extremely inefficient so both methods really aren't very reliable. The best way to trade bitcoin is to look at its fundamental value and decide whether or not you think it will rise or fall long term (like 10+ years out), and make decisions based on that. You can trade around your position using technical info, but your best bet is to hold long term if you are bullish.

Almost nobody is going to beat the crypto market over a long period of time by making frequent trades based on either technical or fundamental data.
Those that trade in Bitcoin only strive for lower profits because there aim is for short term plan and the risk involve in trading Bitcoin is much. For it better to accumulate Bitcoin and hodl for a longer time and to trade for mere pinunt, for our main concern here is how an investor can be able to accumulate more Bitcoin and hodl using the DCA method which will help accumulate more Bitcoin in different interval weekly or monthly after setting aside your emergency, reserve, and float fund just incase any unforeseen problem may arise one won't think of selling out his or her Bitcoin hodling , for Bitcoin is more profitable in the future when sighted for long term and not to be tradable for mere pinunt.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Justinapeter

View Profile
June 04, 2024, 07:24:08 PM

Those that trade in Bitcoin only strive for lower profits because there aim is for short term plan and the risk involve in trading Bitcoin is much. For it better to accumulate Bitcoin and hodl for a longer time and to trade for mere pinunt, for our main concern here is how an investor can be able to accumulate more Bitcoin and hodl using the DCA method which will help accumulate more Bitcoin in different interval weekly or monthly after setting aside your emergency, reserve, and float fund just incase any unforeseen problem may arise one won't think of selling out his or her Bitcoin hodling , for Bitcoin is more profitable in the future when sighted for long term and not to be tradable for mere pinunt.
You are correct.
However A lot of bitcoin investors mount unnecessary pressure on themselves for no reason. The reason we hold our coins is to make profits, if an investor feels that the value of his investment has appreciated and wishes to withdraw his investment with the profit, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. He needed profits, he sold his coins when the price was high and he got what he wanted. How long you hold your coins is not a standard to know who is a better investor or not.

Not all investors in the bitcoin family have same goal, while some have short term goals, others have long term goals. In both, the aim is to make profits though with different approaches. Not all will hodl for long but they will still enjoy the benefits of bitcoin. Those who put themselves under pressure to invest like the next person with a totally different goal might not enjoy their investments. Buy when the price is low and sell when the price is high, that is the golden rule.
Bravut

Activity: 140
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 04, 2024, 08:04:00 PM

You are correct.
However A lot of bitcoin investors mount unnecessary pressure on themselves for no reason. The reason we hold our coins is to make profits, if an investor feels that the value of his investment has appreciated and wishes to withdraw his investment with the profit, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. He needed profits, he sold his coins when the price was high and he got what he wanted. How long you hold your coins is not a standard to know who is a better investor or not.

Not all investors in the bitcoin family have same goal, while some have short term goals, others have long term goals. In both, the aim is to make profits though with different approaches. Not all will hodl for long but they will still enjoy the benefits of bitcoin. Those who put themselves under pressure to invest like the next person with a totally different goal might not enjoy their investments. Buy when the price is low and sell when the price is high, that is the golden rule.

Well said, everyone is entitled to there own opinion and choose in any form to go about there Bitcoin portfolio. The end game is profit, but also the end game can be regret after profit, we choose to hold long term because the yield cannot be compared to those who were present for short term without accumulating any considerable stash of Bitcoin. The end game for me is to continually invest in Bitcoin, reaching a maturity stage were I can be selling off anytime and still have more left, still accumulating too. Short term is never guaranteed or will it be a good approach, I know there are individuals or firms who accumulate in bulk, they can choose to sell anytime but would always have a reserve for long run.
Miles2006

Activity: 280
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 04, 2024, 08:05:32 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Basically, Bitcoin is considered to be different from all other cryptocurrencies because of its different acceptance and potential for higher returns for investors. Whereas other crypto shitcoins are mostly hype. Of course shitcoin can expose you to a lot of risk so it should not be held for long. In terms of investing, the value of Bitcoin can fluctuate and fall to zero, but you should aim for a long-term depositing plan. By holding bitcoins you can keep your investment risk level relatively mitigated only for the long term. You can choose short term trading with your hard earned capital which is your freedom but I think long term tending to accumulate bitcoins can be a better plan.
Suppose you buy bitcoins with your lump sum and decide to sell or withdraw during a relatively bearish period and a month or two later in an uptrend. Yes you can definitely make some profit with trading. But that Bitcoin may not bounce back to the downside in the bullish period which is again a long line in your case. But if you have a long term management plan of DCA or lump sum purchase then you can expect more multiples of profit. Holding.
Of course you are right. Bitcoin is definitely different from all crypto currencies. But if we use Bitcoin properly we can definitely change our fortune by investing in Bitcoin. If we invest in Bitcoin in wrong place then surely we will not get much profit from that Bitcoin investment so we should be right. Time to use Bitcoin. There are many investors in Bitcoin who do not know much about investing who come to invest in Bitcoin they may not realize that they are too hasty and impatient to invest and risk losses. For him I would say before investing in Bitcoin he must gain enough knowledge about Bitcoin then he should invest in Bitcoin. I myself love to invest in bitcoin but bitcoin investment can definitely change our fortune if we can patiently invest with long term plan and check the market surely this bitcoin will help us to change our fortune very much.  As you said sheet coin is more risky than bitcoin. Of course sheet coins are quite risky to invest in. So I will choose bitcoin over sheet coin or I will suggest someone else to choose bitcoin.
I don’t think I understand why people compare trading and holding, although trading is different and with what you explained you’re actually referring to trade because trading needs a different strategy with all kind of risk involved, it’s more better to say people trade not knowing what trading is all about and end with loss not investing. Aside the trade drama we read a lot here despite knowing the fact this thread is not about trade, no investor will invest without knowing the basic knowledge and I believe one of the basic knowledge every newly investor will learn about bitcoin investment is a long term investment plan and secured portfolio, as there’s this saying no knowledge is wasted likewise bitcoin knowledge. When referring to the basic knowledge about bitcoin we must understand when acquiring this knowledge we must not take forever before we start buying bitcoin. I feel the need emphasizing on this issue when most people state that a newbie must gain enough knowledge before starting as it’s considered as being dull from my opinion, tracking bitcoin market is not necessary for a newbie and honestly speaking I personally don’t track bitcoin market as my view is channelled to accumulating and any newly investor should focus more on their accumulation process and holding bitcoin or rather tracking bitcoin market is common with traders not holders.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
ginsan

Activity: 1372
Merit: 627

View Profile
June 04, 2024, 08:39:41 PM
Merited by Greyhats (1)

Today we see Bitcoin going over 70k, we have been on a sideway run from the start of March to now. We saw a new ATH $73794 on 14 Mar, and have also seen some dips along the way. Anyone care to state how close they got to the dips over this period?

20 Mar $60,760
17 Apr $59,629
01 May $56,500

From my own DCA data, looking at the lowest cost price around/near/on those dates I got corn at these prices:

March $62,000
April $62,050
May $57,033

I didnt do any dip buying, but did triple my dca amounts from May. How did you all do dca or dip?
The ath is pretty close to being reached as today's price is $70k and the previous Ath was $73k. I am quite optimistic that June will see an impressive rally to see a more significant increase in bitcoin prices. So if you ask what I did in February, March and April of course I did 3 options to increase my BTC holdings.
First I set reserve funds in several entries above $56k and in fact almost all of the buying entries I placed were hit, aka I got opportunities at times.
Second, I relatively buy dips when corrections occur and this continues to go hand in hand with the DCA strategy every week.

You are certainly happy to see the price of Bitcoin continuing to rise and I feel the same way. But in this case I am still not satisfied with my BTC holdings, meaning I will continue to make new entries starting from $40k and above with a nominal amount that I may have to keep secret. Apart from that, if we refer to the recent increase, of course there are many positive issues encouraging the increase in Bitcoin prices, such as Trump accepting BTC donations for campaign funds in the upcoming election.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Greyhats

Activity: 191
Merit: 121

View Profile
June 04, 2024, 10:45:57 PM

20 Mar $60,760
17 Apr $59,629
01 May $56,500

March $62,000
April $62,050
May $57,033

The ath is pretty close to being reached as today's price is $70k and the previous Ath was $73k. I am quite optimistic that June will see an impressive rally to see a more significant increase in bitcoin prices. So if you ask what I did in February, March and April of course I did 3 options to increase my BTC holdings.
First I set reserve funds in several entries above $56k and in fact almost all of the buying entries I placed were hit, aka I got opportunities at times.
Second, I relatively buy dips when corrections occur and this continues to go hand in hand with the DCA strategy every week.

You are certainly happy to see the price of Bitcoin continuing to rise and I feel the same way. But in this case I am still not satisfied with my BTC holdings, meaning I will continue to make new entries starting from $40k and above with a nominal amount that I may have to keep secret. Apart from that, if we refer to the recent increase, of course there are many positive issues encouraging the increase in Bitcoin prices, such as Trump accepting BTC donations for campaign funds in the upcoming election.

Good for you ginsan, glad ya got some good dip buys Smiley I have the same feeling too, glad price went up and but also feel I never have enough BTC accumulated. I will say that since I stopped buying on dip, I have accumulated more BTC via DCA than before in my hybrid approach of dca+ dip buying. The tradeoff seems to be that my avg price increased a bit but then have more corn. I got my DCA amounts(will keep secret too) and now when i come into some extra fiat instead of lump sum in, i just increase the DCA amount over time. Running at 3x DCA for May, Jun, July and the back to normal in Aug.
Agbamoni

Activity: 364
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 04, 2024, 11:32:29 PM

Here is basically planning how to save long term holdings.  Through conversations and discussions with each other we try to come up with the right deals and this helps in keeping the holding alive in the long run. Because Bitcoin is suitable for investment at any time but it is natural that it will suffer losses if it is dumped, but how to minimize this loss, the DCA method is tried to be used to the maximum. Because using the DCA method controls the average price of Bitcoin. This is why the only way we are comfortable holding Bitcoin at any price level is through this strategy.

You seem not to really understand the work of DCA because i wonder why you would feel that DCA normally control the average price of Bitcoin, is totally not design for that purpose because DCA just as the name implies is just a strategy and not something that has the power to regulate Bitcoin, however the meaning of DCA is Dollar Cost Average and how it works is that you invest on Bitcoin using a certain amount to accumulate either on the weekly or monthly basis depending on how is suitable for you and is actually good as a begginner because you will not be worried about your Bitcoin investment since is for holding so all you will need is just to keep accumulating consistently.
Your right here. DCA do not have anything to do with the price of Bitcoin in general. It is about not minding what the price of Bitcoin is and buying at all seasons with a certain parentage of our monthly income. When most people here about DCA they feel it is a way to bypass buying Bitcoin at a higher price, thereby mistaken it for buying the dips. However, for a beginner i still think that the best strategy for them is to buy using lump sum if they have the money and then continuously investing in Bitcoin wit DCA to help achieve the goal.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 01:19:37 AM

I know that everyone will not want to hold bitcoin for the long term; some people will want to trade to get a short-term profit; and there is nothing you can tell them that will make them change their minds. Since centralized exchanges rely on trading to manipulate the market, it is enough reason for you not to lead newbies into adopting trading so that they will not be manipulated and lose the money they could have used to accumulate bitcoin and hold it for the long term. To be successful in trading, you need to have a wide knowledge of trading. You should be able to know the reason why there is a dip in the market or if there is news that will determine the outcome of the market if the news is against bitcoin, so that you will not trade that period to be safe. Learning this skill about trading is not easy; we should stay off trading to be safe from losing our money since it requires a high level of knowledge.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
FAST DEPOSITS
AND WITHDRAWALS
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
WHEEL OF
FORTUNE
[WELCOME OFFER
     200% + 50FS
]▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Out of mind

Activity: 490
Merit: 264

I like to treat everyone as a friend 🔹

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 04:08:13 AM

I think those who trade in Bitcoin have less profit but also less risk. If you think it is risky to invest in Bitcoin then I think you are wrong because people have never lost money by investing in Bitcoin, but they have gained a lot. But short term investment can never make much profit, so long term planning is the best and best investment. An experienced investor never invests short term, but he plans well and thinks about long term investment and uses DCA method. Be sure to buy deep when you invest in Bitcoin, and if you're by using the DCA method, you will reduce your risk of loss somewhat. If you follow the methods of investing monthly or weekly using the DCA method, you can expect to be risk-free. However, one should not think of selling Bitcoin when it is invested, but rather holding it until such time as the market does not generate new ATH. However, when the Bitcoin market forms a new ATH, you should sell the Bitcoins you have invested. Although we should always think positive, Bitcoin investment is best for long term, so it is better to invest and hodl Bitcoin for long term.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Glen Hoddle

Activity: 447
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 04:15:40 AM

I think those who trade in Bitcoin have less profit but also less risk. If you think it is risky to invest in Bitcoin then I think you are wrong because people have never lost money by investing in Bitcoin, but they have gained a lot. But short term investment can never make much profit, so long term planning is the best and best investment. An experienced investor never invests short term, but he plans well and thinks about long term investment and uses DCA method. Be sure to buy deep when you invest in Bitcoin, and if you're by using the DCA method, you will reduce your risk of loss somewhat.

Especially if you trade or invest in short term, your risk will be high, but if you invest in Bitcoin for long term, the risk will be lower. And if you want to reduce the risk further then definitely keep investing bitcoins in DCA method, buy bitcoins in deep market and do DCA there then definitely control your purchase price. And if you want to invest it for long time then surely it is maximum and long time you can accumulate bitcoins using DCA method.

Because the entire bitcoin investment will depend on your plan, because without a plan it is never possible to sustain the investment. So you have to invest long term by taking risk and planning and adopting DCA method.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10423

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 05:24:42 AM
Merited by tiCeR (2)

Buy when the price is low and sell when the price is high, that is the golden rule.

We are not talking about selling in this thread.  We are talking about various forums of accumulating bitcoin with a presumption of long term investing, and there is no need to figure out your various selling parameters until later down the road. 

Of course, you can talk about whatever you like, but if you are talking about buying and selling as a kind of basic approach to investing, then maybe you are not even clear about what investing means, since you are talking about trading rather than investing.

Yeah, a lot of folks make the same dumbass mistake, and they act like their getting in and out of some asset (whether bitcoin or anything else) is actually investing, when it better fits into the category of trading and or gambling.

[edited out]
Well said, everyone is entitled to there own opinion and choose in any form to go about there Bitcoin portfolio. The end game is profit,

I doubt that the end game is necessarily profits.  Sure, we would like to be profitable 4-10 years or longer down the road, but we also would like to have decently good chances that our investment into bitcoin had given us more options as compared with not investing into bitcoin.

It tends to be especially problematic for bitcoin newbies to be worried about the extent to which they might be in profits in their first cycle in bitcoin, and maybe they won't be very profitable, and that should be o.k. as long as they are continuing to accumulate bitcoin, and hopefully figuring out some BTC accumulation strategies that largely tailored to their own financial and psychological circumstances, but also accounting for their 9 individual factors.

but also the end game can be regret after profit, we choose to hold long term because the yield cannot be compared to those who were present for short term without accumulating any considerable stash of Bitcoin. The end game for me is to continually invest in Bitcoin, reaching a maturity stage were I can be selling off anytime and still have more left, still accumulating too. Short term is never guaranteed or will it be a good approach, I know there are individuals or firms who accumulate in bulk, they can choose to sell anytime but would always have a reserve for long run.

You seem to have the right ideas Bravut - especially if you lose that dumbass language about profits, even though technically we are expecting that our chances are pretty good to be in profits the longer that we are investing into bitcoin, but we might not want to get too caught up on profits while we are still engaging in BTC accumulation, and surely there are a lot of folks - especially newbie investors who may well take 10-15 years or longer just to get to a point that they are able to transition from BTC accumulation stages and into something else.  Yeah, it seems strange to talk about bitcoin as an investment that may well take 15 year or longer to accumulate, when bitcoin is ONLY barely older than 15 years right now... but still if someone comes into bitcoin right now and they are a new investor who is investing $10 to $100 per week, they surely may not be able to get out of BTC accumulation stages until more than 15 years down the road.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Tmoonz

Activity: 196
Merit: 154

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 05:39:53 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2024, 08:00:03 AM by Tmoonz

I think those who trade in Bitcoin have less profit but also less risk. If you think it is risky to invest in Bitcoin then I think you are wrong because people have never lost money by investing in Bitcoin, but they have gained a lot. But short term investment can never make much profit, so long term planning is the best and best investment. An experienced investor never invests short term, but he plans well and thinks about long term investment and uses DCA method. Be sure to buy deep when you invest in Bitcoin, and if you're by using the DCA method, you will reduce your risk of loss somewhat.

Especially if you trade or invest in short term, your risk will be high, but if you invest in Bitcoin for long term, the risk will be lower. And if you want to reduce the risk further then definitely keep investing bitcoins in DCA method, buy bitcoins in deep market and do DCA there then definitely control your purchase price. And if you want to invest it for long time then surely it is maximum and long time you can accumulate bitcoins using DCA method.

Because the entire bitcoin investment will depend on your plan, because without a plan it is never possible to sustain the investment. So you have to invest long term by taking risk and planning and adopting DCA method.

Bitcoin investments may not really be as risky as many may claimed or proclaimed it to be especially when it is a long term investment plan, from one of the things i have learnt  here which alot of emphasis has been made is that your investment funds or money should come from  your disposable or discretional income after which you might have taken care of what you consider to be your basic needs and as well as taking care of your emergency funds which is very important in life generally, what am implying is that investing from your disposable income will give you certain peace of mind to grow your assets in terms of considering how risky long term bitcoin investment can be , and it can even be more better when making use of the dca strategy by investing with as little as possible that is readily available for investment either weekly or monthly according to your financial situation, what is most important is how much of consistent you can be in order to have  good size of bitcoin at the long run and hold as long as possibly 4 to 10 years or more.

Yucky

Activity: 40
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 05:54:58 AM

surely there are a lot of folks - especially newbie investors who may well take 10-15 years or longer just to get to a point that they are able to transition from BTC accumulation stages and into something else.  Yeah, it seems strange to talk about bitcoin as an investment that may well take 15 year or longer to accumulate, when bitcoin is ONLY barely older than 15 years right now... but still if someone comes into bitcoin right now and they are a new investor who is investing $10 to $100 per week, they surely may not be able to get out of BTC accumulation stages until more than 15 years down the road.
the thing is that the ability to accumulate Bitcoin from this period up to 10 years might seems too far for most persons but if you try to break it down into achieving certain amount of Bitcoin at the end of every year and then set an amount you should have brought by two years time and do same for four years time and so on, it's going to help you to accumulate your Bitcoin for the long term without thinking of selling it too soon even though you have seen profit along the way. Depending on how much you can assign as your weekly or monthly dues for buying of Bitcoin, even if it's just $20 per week, it's just to know that by the end of each month you should have gathered $80 worth of Bitcoin and by the end of the year you have bought $960 worth of Bitcoin. After achieving the first year plan, it can better prepare your mind to achieving the next year plan and by then your mind should have gained maturity and you can now improve on how you're going to follow up with buying your Bitcoin and even though while you started buying you possibly had some doubt, by buying for a period of at least one year, some of those doubt would have cleared out and you can comfortably make four to ten year plan from that point.

I think one reason why people make good plans for the future and don't end up achieving them is that they don't follow it up a step at a time, if you break your ten years accumilation plan into different stages of maybe two years interval, it's going to reshape your mindset and guide you to make better and informed decisions along your accumilation journey and if you are able to buy Bitcoin for a whole year without selling, you can always replicate that for the next year and then the next untill you've reached your accumilation goal.
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 714

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 05:58:17 AM

I think those who trade in Bitcoin have less profit but also less risk. If you think it is risky to invest in Bitcoin then I think you are wrong because people have never lost money by investing in Bitcoin, but they have gained a lot. But short term investment can never make much profit, so long term planning is the best and best investment. An experienced investor never invests short term, but he plans well and thinks about long term investment and uses DCA method. Be sure to buy deep when you invest in Bitcoin, and if you're by using the DCA method, you will reduce your risk of loss somewhat. If you follow the methods of investing monthly or weekly using the DCA method, you can expect to be risk-free. However, one should not think of selling Bitcoin when it is invested, but rather holding it until such time as the market does not generate new ATH. However, when the Bitcoin market forms a new ATH, you should sell the Bitcoins you have invested. Although we should always think positive, Bitcoin investment is best for long term, so it is better to invest and hodl Bitcoin for long term.
There are a few things I disagree on your post, trading in theory is supposed to produce more profits in exchange for a greater risk, but the reality is that most traders cannot beat the markets and still took a higher level of risk, making investing a superior choice for most people.

Also you claim people never lost when investing in bitcoin, and this cannot be true, investing in bitcoin, as solid as I believe bitcoin to be, still contains an inherent risk, and you could be forced by circumstances to sell your bitcoin for a bad price even if you do not want to.

Finally you claim DCA to be risk-free, which again is not possible, as even something as simple as getting out of bed has a risk, so DCA must have it too, even if it is a very solid strategy to use by newbies and experts alike.
Justinapeter

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 06:46:14 AM

Buy when the price is low and sell when the price is high, that is the golden rule.

We are not talking about selling in this thread.  We are talking about various forums of accumulating bitcoin with a presumption of long term investing, and there is no need to figure out your various selling parameters until later down the road. 

Of course, you can talk about whatever you like, but if you are talking about buying and selling as a kind of basic approach to investing, then maybe you are not even clear about what investing means, since you are talking about trading rather than investing.

Yeah, a lot of folks make the same dumbass mistake, and they act like their getting in and out of some asset (whether bitcoin or anything else) is actually investing, when it better fits into the category of trading and or gambling.
I'm happy I'm am getting ideas, I understand what you are saying very well, as a newbie I have thought of ways or strategy to use in my investment and that is one of the reasons I joined this forum to get ideas.
From the ideas I have gotten from this forum now trading is a no for me when it comes to bitcoin investment, I'm planning on hodling and I will use the DCA method mentioned here in this forum for me I think is the best I don't need to wait for the fall of Bitcoin before I can start accumulating I will start now since is a very very long time investment am going into.
Thanks JayJuanGee for your intelligent write-ups, I went back and I saw a lot of your write-ups and it has really changed my way of thinking about Bitcoin investment.
Kliss

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 07:16:27 AM

I know that everyone will not want to hold bitcoin for the long term; some people will want to trade to get a short-term profit; and there is nothing you can tell them that will make them change their minds. Since centralized exchanges rely on trading to manipulate the market, it is enough reason for you not to lead newbies into adopting trading so that they will not be manipulated and lose the money they could have used to accumulate bitcoin and hold it for the long term. To be successful in trading, you need to have a wide knowledge of trading. You should be able to know the reason why there is a dip in the market or if there is news that will determine the outcome of the market if the news is against bitcoin, so that you will not trade that period to be safe. Learning this skill about trading is not easy; we should stay off trading to be safe from losing our money since it requires a high level of knowledge.
You are absolutely right, For many focusing on holding and accumulating Bitcoin for the long haul might be a safer in their investment. Their are numerous testimonies on how holding bitcoin for the long term pays off. It's crucial to stay informed and cautious in this fast paced crypto space to protect your investments. Trading in the crypto world can be a risky game, especially for those new to the scene. Centralized exchanges do rely heavily on trading for market movements, and that can lead to manipulation, making it tough for beginners to navigate. Understanding the ins and outs of trading, like market dips and news impact, requires a deep level of knowledge and skill.
Barikui1

Activity: 238
Merit: 181

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 07:31:31 AM

Also you claim people never lost when investing in bitcoin, and this cannot be true, investing in bitcoin, as solid as I believe bitcoin to be, still contains an inherent risk, and you could be forced by circumstances to sell your bitcoin for a bad price even if you do not want to.

Finally you claim DCA to be risk-free, which again is not possible, as even something as simple as getting out of bed has a risk, so DCA must have it too, even if it is a very solid strategy to use by newbies and experts alike.

Concerning this your first paragraph here, it's actually true that their is a risk attached to Bitcoin investment just as every other investment, but concerning those people that got some losses in their Bitcoin investment, it's was due to lack of planning, lack of source of income and an emergency funds, that is the main reason someone will be compelled to sell at a loss, if not, I am very much positive that no long term investor will sell at a loss, because the probability of Bitcoin doubling or tripling it current price in 10 to 15 years time from now is very much higher, compared to Bitcoin going back to 5 or 10k.

And as for your second paragraph, I don't really believe that their is any flaws in the DCA accumulating strategy, because it makes you accumulate Bitcoin on your own convenient terms, it can only be flaws if you decide to be super aggressive, and it's start affect your ability to afford your daily financial needs, apart from that, I don't see any flaws in the DCA accumulating strategy.

Roseline492

Activity: 322
Merit: 188

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2024, 07:59:24 AM

I think those who trade in Bitcoin have less profit but also less risk. If you think it is risky to invest in Bitcoin then I think you are wrong because people have never lost money by investing in Bitcoin, but they have gained a lot. But short term investment can never make much profit, so long term planning is the best and best investment.

On the contrary those who trade on Bitcoin is highly exposed to the risk of losing all there investment and funny enough there chances of being successful and losing everything is actually 50-50 chances, that's why it surprises me to see how most people are so drone to trading that they talk about it all the time as if they can easily be successful while trading. Perhaps that's why whenever i hear most people complaining that investment is very stressful or difficult it use to sound somehow for me because I see no stress on Bitcoin investment if the investors focus on holding because even if the profit is not coming immediately but you will be very relaxed and enjoy your accumulation and holding then profit can come later.

Pages: « 1 ... 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 [448] 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 »
  Print  

Jump to: