Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:54:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★★ [CAIx] ★ First 100% PoS At Launch ★ PSP ★★★★  (Read 416410 times)
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 06:36:19 PM

really looking forward to the new announcement Smiley
renisel2

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:43:32 PM

@klopper

I am sorry but I expect a response from TheStuhlman.

Other people think like me that the communication wasn’t good!

I call complete and utter BS on that. The communication from Stuhlman was great and the only people who whine are people who intentionally mined until the very end in order get coins on low difficulty and you guys now come here, blaming the developer who did everything in his powers to make this transition as smooth as possible.

I don't disagree that Sthulman's communication was good - It was simply misleading and easy to misread or not follow exactly what was happening. I (incorrectly) assumed that mining would stop once the 1.6 million had been mined and that we could then exchange our coins. At no point was it mentioned (that I recall) that there was the possibility that 1 in 5 coins would not be available for exchange.

I could have forgiven maybe 2-3% of coins to make up for lost wallets etc, but 20% is an enormous number. This is what SHOULD have been communicated and the pools SHOULD have been shut down OR the block reward changed to ZERO to prevent this. There were plenty of ways this could have been prevented.

TheStuhlman can't force pools to close operations. Stop blaming everybody else and take a long look in the mirror. It's your fault and nobody else's and there was nothing misleading in the announcement. Learn to take responsibility for your own action or inaction.

1) We are taking responsibility by calling them out.  I have not asked for anything except an explanation and doubt I'll even get that.  2) That cuts both ways.  The devs here are supposed to be the professionals, and we are just consumers.  They need to take responsibility for their crap communication that screwed over their own supporters.

I have pointed out that neither the website nor the OP clearly stated that the ability to exchange CAI for CAIx would stop.  I have not yet seen any of the supporters of this transition dispute that fact.  The devs say they can't put updates about every little development in those locations without completely flooding them.  This is true, but we are not talking about a little development.  There is currently a great deal of fluff in their announcements about future announcements in the OP; this is taking up way more space than they ever devoted to explaining how the transition would work.  They could put those details all over the internet and on TV and in newspapers--but if they are missing from what should be the two primary sources of crucial information on the coin, then they have failed their supporters.

Now that I see what the transition plan actually was, I can't get past the view that it was either extraordinarily poorly planned, or extraordinarily dishonest.  They knew that a substantial portion of the coins mined would be trash in the end--and an even higher portion of those mined toward the end would be useless.  Are they so naive as to believe that people were just going to be cool with throwing away those coins (poor planning)?  Or did they know that people wouldn't like it and therefore decided to downplay that aspect of the transition (dishonest)?  It really has to be one or the other.  They passed 1.6M around 5/8, so everything mined in the last 10 days was essentially worthless.  Even if the communication had been perfect, you would still end up with a mad scramble to exchange coins before they ran out, and some of their supporters would get screwed.  How is such a plan defensible?

One of the biggest challenges facing cryptocurrency in general is making it suitable for the masses.  If anybody thinks that a coin is going to succeed if its devs can't even communicate this kind of fundamental information to a very tech savvy (relative to the general population) base of supporters, I think you are sorely mistaken.
There were aprox 300k of the 400k premine coins that did not get converted to caix. There was plenty of coins available and no problem with communication. You lost coins because you did not pay attention to your investment.

I lost coins because I mistakenly put confidence in the dev team and planned to hold this coin long-term, and therefore didn't concern myself with the daily minutiae.  On what basis do you claim there was no problem with communication?  I see people repeating that, but there is never any actual support offered.  I have explained why I think the communication was deficient several times.  Please explain how they are justified in not putting a message in the OP reading, "Once the 1.6M CAIx currently available for exchange have been exhausted there will be no more.  Exchange your CAI ASAP or they may become worthless!"
StolenCoinSalesman

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:21:18 PM

I lost coins because I mistakenly put confidence in the dev team and planned to hold this coin long-term, and therefore didn't concern myself with the daily minutiae.  On what basis do you claim there was no problem with communication?  I see people repeating that, but there is never any actual support offered.  I have explained why I think the communication was deficient several times.  Please explain how they are justified in not putting a message in the OP reading, "Once the 1.6M CAIx currently available for exchange have been exhausted there will be no more.  Exchange your CAI ASAP or they may become worthless!"

Im sorry you can not read. The information has only been in twitter, the updates on the front page of this post for weeks. YES weeks.
TheStuhlman
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

https://twitter.com/JStuhlman

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 07:29:49 PM

@klopper

I call complete and utter BS on that. The communication from Stuhlman was great and the only people who whine are people who intentionally mined until the very end in order get coins on low difficulty and you guys now come here, blaming the developer who did everything in his powers to make this transition as smooth as possible.

I don't disagree that Sthulman's communication was good - It was simply misleading and easy to misread or not follow exactly what was happening. I (incorrectly) assumed that mining would stop once the 1.6 million had been mined and that we could then exchange our coins. At no point was it mentioned (that I recall) that there was the possibility that 1 in 5 coins would not be available for exchange.

I could have forgiven maybe 2-3% of coins to make up for lost wallets etc, but 20% is an enormous number. This is what SHOULD have been communicated and the pools SHOULD have been shut down OR the block reward changed to ZERO to prevent this. There were plenty of ways this could have been prevented.

TheStuhlman can't force pools to close operations. Stop blaming everybody else and take a long look in the mirror. It's your fault and nobody else's and there was nothing misleading in the announcement. Learn to take responsibility for your own action or inaction.

1) We are taking responsibility by calling them out.  I have not asked for anything except an explanation and doubt I'll even get that.  2) That cuts both ways.  The devs here are supposed to be the professionals, and we are just consumers.  They need to take responsibility for their crap communication that screwed over their own supporters.

I have pointed out that neither the website nor the OP clearly stated that the ability to exchange CAI for CAIx would stop.  I have not yet seen any of the supporters of this transition dispute that fact.  The devs say they can't put updates about every little development in those locations without completely flooding them.  This is true, but we are not talking about a little development.  There is currently a great deal of fluff in their announcements about future announcements in the OP; this is taking up way more space than they ever devoted to explaining how the transition would work.  They could put those details all over the internet and on TV and in newspapers--but if they are missing from what should be the two primary sources of crucial information on the coin, then they have failed their supporters.

Now that I see what the transition plan actually was, I can't get past the view that it was either extraordinarily poorly planned, or extraordinarily dishonest.  They knew that a substantial portion of the coins mined would be trash in the end--and an even higher portion of those mined toward the end would be useless.  Are they so naive as to believe that people were just going to be cool with throwing away those coins (poor planning)?  Or did they know that people wouldn't like it and therefore decided to downplay that aspect of the transition (dishonest)?  It really has to be one or the other.  They passed 1.6M around 5/8, so everything mined in the last 10 days was essentially worthless.  Even if the communication had been perfect, you would still end up with a mad scramble to exchange coins before they ran out, and some of their supporters would get screwed.  How is such a plan defensible?

One of the biggest challenges facing cryptocurrency in general is making it suitable for the masses.  If anybody thinks that a coin is going to succeed if its devs can't even communicate this kind of fundamental information to a very tech savvy (relative to the general population) base of supporters, I think you are sorely mistaken.
There were aprox 300k of the 400k premine coins that did not get converted to caix. There was plenty of coins available and no problem with communication. You lost coins because you did not pay attention to your investment.

I did make that statement on OP and on thread and on twitter several times, it was even published in articles about crypto. However, I do understand that some people missed out and miners kept on taking what is available. If you PM me your wallet address and the amount of coins you have, I will confirm that it existed before the 18. I will put my rigs on the multipool and mine CAIx and replace for you. There was no lack of communication at all when it came to this transition, we made an announcement after announcement about it. But like I said, I will make the best effort to make sure no one loses his CAI that they had before the 18. The 1.6 Million CAIx are now in circulation and I can not just make more. Some people will continue to mine CAI and come back and ask for more CAIx, I can not help them. But like I said if you had coins before the 18 I will help you recover them by mining it for you on the multipool at my expense, just pm me your wallet address and I will check on the explorer if they existed before the 18. That's all I can do, I can not make more CAIx so people can keep mining CAI for ever and replace them. Before CAIx project I ran pools and we ran into problems with some coins where we lost coins because of a bad client that crashed or a bad setup that caused double payouts etc.. I have never asked miners to cover the loss I have always covered those from my rigs and pool fees. I have built my pool reputation on everyone getting what they mine, and every pool I ever built was a total success.

barbados-fs

Activity: 837
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:44:34 PM

+100500!!! I had hoped that CAI is long-term perspective, and therefore do not need to continually check that there have decided once again to make developers. It turns out in vain. We had to constantly read the forum that you would not accidentally robbed.

"Coздaть ceнcopнyю ceть гopoдa - этo нe дopoгo, нe cлoжнo и пo cooтнoшeнию зaтpaты / эффeкт для гopoдa - нeoцeнимo! He нyжнo ждaть пoкa кopпopaции и гocyдapcтвa cдeлaют тaкиe ceнcopныe ceти и бyдyт иx oбcлyживaть - этo бyдeт дopoгo и бyдeт coбиpaть бoльшe дaнныx o нac c вaми, чeм мы бы этoгo xoтeли!" (c)Aira.life
SnjafSnjaf

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:48:29 PM

+100500!!! I had hoped that CAI is long-term perspective, and therefore do not need to continually check that there have decided once again to make developers. It turns out in vain. We had to constantly read the forum that you would not accidentally robbed.

So, when you invest your money in something you don't check the status of investment anymore? Good thinking...!!!
renisel2

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:56:18 PM

@klopper

I did make that statement on OP and on thread and on twitter several times, it was even published in articles about crypto. However, I do understand that some people missed out and miners kept on taking what is available. If you PM me your wallet address and the amount of coins you have, I will confirm that it existed before the 18. I will put my rigs on the multipool and mine CAIx and replace for you. There was no lack of communication at all when it came to this transition, we made an announcement after announcement about it. But like I said, I will make the best effort to make sure no one loses his CAI that they had before the 18. The 1.6 Million CAIx are now in circulation and I can not just make more. Some people will continue to mine CAI and come back and ask for more CAIx, I can not help them. But like I said if you had coins before the 18 I will help you recover them by mining it for you on the multipool at my expense, just pm me your wallet address and I will check on the explorer if they existed before the 18. That's all I can do, I can not make more CAIx so people can keep mining CAI for ever and replace them. Before CAIx project I ran pools and we ran into problems with some coins where we lost coins because of a bad client that crashed or a bad setup that caused double payouts etc.. I have never asked miners to cover the loss I have always covered those from my rigs and pool fees. I have built my pool reputation on everyone getting what they mine, and every pool I ever built was a total success.

First, I would like to thank you for trying to do what you can to remedy the situation.

However, it is the principle of the matter much more than the ~$25 worth of CAIx that concerns me.  You are essentially running a publicly held corporation, and I think that I, a shareholder, have raised some valid concerns.  Maybe I missed something on the front page; I'm not infallible.  But nothing I remember seeing there clearly stated that there would be 1.6M available to exchange and that some mined coins would be left out.  The text I saw in the OP left me with the impression that mining would be stopped once there were 1.6M distributed through mining.  

Yes, some further investigation on my part would have turned up information to the contrary; but I've made the point repeatedly that your users shouldn't have to dig for that kind of crucial information.  To me, it points to poor management of the project, which has impacts broader than just this one issue.  Hopefully either I missed something (I stated this as a possibility from the start, but have not yet been shown any evidence that the crucial details were in the prominent places where I would expect them) or this is just an issue of a PR gaffe made by a tech-oriented team (which would be understandable and not a major cause for concern in general).  

I would also still be interested to know how the dev team possibly failed to foresee the issue of some miners being left out in the cold.  As I mentioned previously, even with perfect communication, this plan guaranteed that someone got screwed at least a little bit.
renisel2

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:03:04 PM

So, when you invest your money in something you don't check the status of investment anymore? Good thinking...!!!

How often do you check the detailed status of the companies in your 401k?  My strategy for investment in cryptocurrency involves holding a diverse portfolio long-term.  This means that I'm occasionally unaware of pools that are down and other such things, but I shouldn't generally have to worry that the devs of a coin I am mining have made a conscious decision to bring its value to zero overnight.
loges

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:05:19 PM

@klopper

First, I would like to thank you for trying to do what you can to remedy the situation.

However, it is the principle of the matter much more than the ~$25 worth of CAIx that concerns me.  You are essentially running a publicly held corporation, and I think that I, a shareholder, have raised some valid concerns.  Maybe I missed something on the front page; I'm not infallible.  But nothing I remember seeing there clearly stated that there would be 1.6M available to exchange and that some mined coins would be left out.  The text I saw in the OP left me with the impression that mining would be stopped once there were 1.6M distributed through mining.  

Yes, some further investigation on my part would have turned up information to the contrary; but I've made the point repeatedly that your users shouldn't have to dig for that kind of crucial information.  To me, it points to poor management of the project, which has impacts broader than just this one issue.  Hopefully either I missed something (I stated this as a possibility from the start, but have not yet been shown any evidence that the crucial details were in the prominent places where I would expect them) or this is just an issue of a PR gaffe made by a tech-oriented team (which would be understandable and not a major cause for concern in general).  

I would also still be interested to know how the dev team possibly failed to foresee the issue of some miners being left out in the cold.  As I mentioned previously, even with perfect communication, this plan guaranteed that someone got screwed at least a little bit.
O.K. can we be done with this.  I had to double check to make sure I wasn't on the blackcoin thread. I wasn't this upset when I was deliberately scammed. Time to put on big boy pants and move on guys.
renisel2

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:20:51 PM

O.K. can we be done with this.  I had to double check to make sure I wasn't on the blackcoin thread. I wasn't this upset when I was deliberately scammed. Time to put on big boy pants and move on guys.

I'm not really upset.  I just think that a worthwhile dev team should have reasonable answers to my questions.  I don't badger people like this in my personal life, but I don't let people off the hook so easily when it comes to business--and when you are managing millions of dollars worth of assets, I expect you to operate professionally.  Any of the following statements from them would have ended this:

"Here is a clear explanation as to why your concerns are invalid and you're just SOL: [insert explanation here]"

"Here is a clear explanation as to why your concerns are invalid, but we're going to fix this anyway: [insert explanation here]"

"You're right.  We messed up, but there is nothing we can do.  Here is what we will do to prevent this in the future: [insert plan here]"

"You're right.  We messed up, and here is how we are going to fix it and prevent issues in the future: [insert plan here]"

"We're just some new college grads who have no idea how to run a business and we're in over our heads.  We're not going to address your concerns."

I kind of got the second one, minus the "clear" aspect.  But if there is no desire for constructive criticism here, I'll go away and let you get back to burying your heads in the sand.
loges

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:24:28 PM

I'm not really upset.  I just think that a worthwhile dev team should have reasonable answers to my questions.  I don't badger people like this in my personal life, but I don't let people off the hook so easily when it comes to business--and when you are managing millions of dollars worth of assets, I expect you to operate professionally.  Any of the following statements from them would have ended this:

"Here is a clear explanation as to why your concerns are invalid and you're just SOL: [insert explanation here]"

"Here is a clear explanation as to why your concerns are invalid, but we're going to fix this anyway: [insert explanation here]"

"You're right.  We messed up, but there is nothing we can do.  Here is what we will do to prevent this in the future: [insert plan here]"

"You're right.  We messed up, and here is how we are going to fix it and prevent issues in the future: [insert plan here]"

"We're just some new college grads who have no idea how to run a business and we're in over our heads.  We're not going to address your concerns."

I kind of got the second one, minus the "clear" aspect.  But if there is no desire for constructive criticism here, I'll go away and let you get back to burying your heads in the sand.

I completely understand you're position. Most everyone who held the coin was able to switch. There were always going to be those that did not, no matter what was done to try to inform.
xsoft

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:24:46 PM

Hi folks.
I’m mining since the beginning of time (1h after CAI launch). And I kept my eyes on this coin.
So I know many weeks ahead that there will be CAI to CAIX exchange. I make my mind if to keep CAI or to change CAIX (I decide to change to CAIX).
By instruction on 1st post I follow a tutorial and I’m on CAIX.

If you are augmenting about "huh, I didn’t know ...". Well. In case of split you need to update wallet.
In case of xyz you need to do abc. So you need to be updated, you need to watch what is happening.

Everything is there. Clear. Big red letters (if urgent). So what’s the complaining?
You decide to ignore and not to watch. Or to stay on CAI. Well, your turn.
But now if you see which way is more lucrative.. it’s a bit late to cry. Too late. You had plenty time to think all this.
Someone wins someone loose. Gl next time. That’s live.

PS: Big thanks to developers. Your time given to this coin makes it famous, makes it interesting, and makes it more valuable. Please keep continue (and done be obsed by some trolls  Roll Eyes)

@devs: btw, where will be multipool announced - any date for us? Or are there any plans in this way? Im keeping like 16k CAIX and looking forward to sell them on 0.0045BTC/CAIX Wink
SnjafSnjaf

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:41:06 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 08:51:55 PM by SnjafSnjaf

@devs: btw, where will be multipool announced - any date for us? Or are there any plans in this way? Im keeping like 16k CAIX and looking forward to sell them on 0.0045BTC/CAIX Wink

You cant be serious, right?

EDIT: Just noticed you asked me...

How often do you check the detailed status of the companies in your 401k?  My strategy for investment in cryptocurrency involves holding a diverse portfolio long-term.  This means that I'm occasionally unaware of pools that are down and other such things, but I shouldn't generally have to worry that the devs of a coin I am mining have made a conscious decision to bring its value to zero overnight.

I am checking all of my investments on daily basis, no matter short/middle/ long term... You just have to be up to date regarding your investments because sometimes it is time to pull back, or just invest even more if there are some bad/good news. It is essential to be up to date! 
Rabbit80

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:50:00 PM

I do think your communication has generally been good - and I admit I have most likely misunderstood the process. In that misunderstanding I did not realise my coins were not safe. Unfortunately the timing was off for me as well - this all happened at a time I had no access to my wallet as I have been away!

If I have come across as whiney and rude then I apologise. I will admit that I was hugely disappointed.

Your offer to help out is awesome - and your general attitude is one of the reasons I stuck with both nitro pool and Caishen (and in fact why I switched from UTC).
quarkkid

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:51:31 PM

...oh he's serious....but at 0.0045?...im not saying anything. Roll Eyes lol

My reputation thread!! ...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419456.0
C A Ix > >   CAIx-- Xt7qWX6LTAURHZYzjenTBNfViztCz2z72U
xsoft

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:12:29 PM

...oh he's serious....but at 0.0045?...im not saying anything. Roll Eyes lol

Yeap why not. My plan is to sell on .0045
I did the same with BC.
img: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tqeqf4cn97hn73/balance.jpg
TheStuhlman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 09:37:30 PM

I do think your communication has generally been good - and I admit I have most likely misunderstood the process. In that misunderstanding I did not realise my coins were not safe. Unfortunately the timing was off for me as well - this all happened at a time I had no access to my wallet as I have been away!

If I have come across as whiney and rude then I apologise. I will admit that I was hugely disappointed.

Your offer to help out is awesome - and your general attitude is one of the reasons I stuck with both nitro pool and Caishen (and in fact why I switched from UTC).

My offer to help is sincere and if you been on Nitro you know we have never cheated anyone of their money. I will make the effort to help anyone who lost any amount of CAI mined before the 18. I know in this transition we tried our best to make everything clear and smooth, I am also not faulting anyone who missed the deadline, and offering to help get it back instead. This project in principle is about everyone getting a benefit, miners/traders/community.

TheStuhlman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 09:41:42 PM

In addition to all the algos mined on Multipools, CAIx multipool will be the first to support
 Cryptonote mining. Miners will be able to use CPU's, GPU's or any other hardware.

orien

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:46:12 PM

In addition to all the algos mined on Multipools, CAIx multipool will be the first to support
 Cryptonote mining. Miners will be able to use CPU's, GPU's or any other hardware.

Per aspera ad astra! Yuhuuuuu!

Thanks to devs for hard work & time!
UncleJaysus

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:48:15 PM

It's funny how weeks and weeks go by without these people noticing the numerous warnings and instructions... but literally as soon as the door closes, they all come out of the woodwork and starting moaning...

That's either REALLY unfortunate timing, or you're a bunch a trolls.
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: