Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:39:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't be too quick to judge ICOs  (Read 19813 times)
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 07:07:58 AM

It might be the effect of last year's bear market situation is the reason why some of the ICOs turned to scam or unsuccessful in their launching. Some ICOs might still reeling in the effect of last year's bearmarket because the price of their token is still below its original ICO price. To avoid being scammed by these fake ICOs, do your own research first to find the real one. ICOs this year might have a big chance to succeed because of favorable market condition.

Yes, a little effect from the bear market last year, but more is used by scammers to reap profits. Although some are not afraid, the ICO project may not be able to survive the bad market conditions at that time.
At least this year the situation has improved with the existence of a bitcoin pump and the launch of the IEO as an alternative to ICO.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Redemption59

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 06:51:49 PM

Those that are always quick to judge have a great problem with themselves and have to work on that. ICOs need enough time and process to climb up, the most trending projects that we see today started same way as these ICOs some judge too quickly. Lets give ICOs some time and with time they will prove themselves right up.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 07:20:51 PM

Those that are always quick to judge have a great problem with themselves and have to work on that. ICOs need enough time and process to climb up, the most trending projects that we see today started same way as these ICOs some judge too quickly. Lets give ICOs some time and with time they will prove themselves right up.
all need a process so we don't have to rush to assess the ICO.
there are many ICOs that look really good but end badly and vice versa.
so do not underestimate the ICO that looks not potentially good because maybe one day ICO will succeed.

Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 07:26:15 PM

I personally do not believe this statistics that 99% of ICOs are scam, because some ICOs fail do not mean they are all scam. I usually tell people that starting an ICO is like starting a new business, it might succeed immediately, it might fail presently but have a great future and it might fail totally beyond redemption. So because a project is failing to perform presently or fail totally do not mean it is a scam. Don't get me wrong here, I never said there are no scam projects but the rate is not as high as alleged. Judging a project based on its first few years is wrong, give it time to realize its potentials.
ICO's helped many projects to become reality and they passed the test of time being active as we speak. I wonder was there ICO for Bitcoin?
Samkol26

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2019, 07:34:38 PM

Yes its not true that 99% of ICOs are scam, there many successful and standing ICOs than scam. I know we will still find a way to fish out scams later and I know people will start trusting ICOs again.

repear7

Activity: 1026
Merit: 110

Need Bounty manager ? Contact @repear71

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 07:35:28 PM

I think as investors and bounty campaigns hunter, we are not too fast in assessing the ICO. I feel that the ICO is not on time to run every time the sheet is causing confidence in the ICO getting weaker. The ICO is also not fully responsible for the investors and bounty campaign hunters so that the ICO increasingly loses its passion and is increasingly abandoned. The ICO should maintain the trust of investors and bounty campaign hunters responsibly.
JuliaJi

Activity: 896
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 07:37:44 PM

even now existing true and successful ICO, but it hard to find out it because a lot of scam on the forum! I think that it need to regulate it
ljane

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 10:58:27 PM

I think its quite unfair to quickly judge ICO though it has some amendment's and other things to fix. I believe those who criticise and quickly judge ICOs have problems with themselves which they are not to be blamed.

I’m me
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 12:04:40 AM

I think its quite unfair to quickly judge ICO though it has some amendment's and other things to fix. I believe those who criticise and quickly judge ICOs have problems with themselves which they are not to be blamed.
i think we need to take a  look on some other ico that really give us a huge return of profit. I see that there are so many scam ico now a days but i think thete are also some good ico. I think we need to only take a good care on choosing the right or legal ico in order for us to earn a huge amount of profit.
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 12:35:43 AM

It's true we shouldn't judge too early about new ICOs. But 99% from them are only fake scam ICO, only 1 % is the real ICO which will develop their product and then investors feel happy. I don't say because of falling price it means a scam ICO, it turned to a scam ICO when they have collected money but do nothing with their own project.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 01:10:04 AM

good projects, coupled with maximum help will definitely produce good results. but it was difficult because people began to doubt because some of their investments were lost at the ico scammer. but we must not be carried away by their current, there are still many good projects and we certainly can still make a profit.
bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 02:26:53 PM

In every business, they is many challenges, which required courage to stand out, and also look ahead as it is stated on the road map of the project, therefore some ICO failed  and many project suicide, I still believed in ICO, because, it is initial coin offering, which has a less prize to invest, for a future used.
spydee1522

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 10:50:12 PM

I second your thought and idea on ICOs. Though many ICO projects ended up being scam projects, there are still real and legit Ico projects out there but the fact that you have not met the right or legit ICO does not mean all ICOs are scam projects. Some ICOs needs money to progress and they might be stagnant now but that can change any moment and lets not be quick judging ICOs.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
[btc]YSG

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 10:58:07 PM

Do not be in haste to judge people who comdemn ICO on first sight, If you have found yourself to have invested a high amount in more than 5 projects that all looked legitimate for you to later discover that all scam and not worthy of the money you have invested.

◀ ▲ ▶  WE are GAMERS and we know what Gamers WANT  ◀ ▲ ▶
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰    ❘ ❙ ❚   eSports.com   ❚ ❙ ❘    ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ (http://esports.com/)
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 02:56:58 AM

Yes I am agree with you we don't have to judge ICO in it's first few years. Because all we know that it has a long process like 4-7 years the natural growing amd developing process of one project based on my own observation. We need to try to invest or to follow the project before judging on it.
stigmacryptonight

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 02:58:20 AM

Many people now say that all ICO scams. I realized that from the number of ICOs there must be a scam. But, indeed we cannot say that all ICOs are a scam because we have strong evidence and say everything. If some or some is possible. Because we can see that ICO itself is good now there are still many.
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 07:23:00 AM

it is very difficult to determine or identify ico scam, because all ico basically have the same plan, but what distinguishes it is from the team profile, and how realistic the ico's project goals are, so it must be examined more deeply, in fact there are many ico programs simple and simple but instead reaches hardcap

sheenaedago

Activity: 262

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 07:36:00 AM

Many people now say that all ICO scams. I realized that from the number of ICOs there must be a scam. But, indeed we cannot say that all ICOs are a scam because we have strong evidence and say everything. If some or some is possible. Because we can see that ICO itself is good now there are still many.

That's right we definitely can't judge an ICO to become 100% scam unless they've paid you tokens. Most scam projects didn't fulfill promises of the bounty allocation yet vanished on telegram group communication. There were still investors whose willing to take tisk that's why ICO projects still ongoing until now.
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 07:59:40 AM

I personally do not believe this statistics that 99% of ICOs are scam, because some ICOs fail do not mean they are all scam. I usually tell people that starting an ICO is like starting a new business, it might succeed immediately, it might fail presently but have a great future and it might fail totally beyond redemption. So because a project is failing to perform presently or fail totally do not mean it is a scam. Don't get me wrong here, I never said there are no scam projects but the rate is not as high as alleged. Judging a project based on its first few years is wrong, give it time to realize its potentials.

ICO is a startup project calling for capital through Crypto.  Because of that, we need to consider carefully by evaluating the project in the most comprehensive way.  I have no doubts about the potential of ICO projects because in 2017 there were many projects that were on the right track.  We need to consider the project leadership team, their related partners and what has been done through Roamap comparison and reality.  The project community is an important good that determines how far the value of the project goes.  Currently the IEO trend has gradually replaced ICO because it ensures investors can exchange project tokens with certainty.
NewRanger

Activity: 1568
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 08:20:19 AM

That's right we definitely can't judge an ICO to become 100% scam unless they've paid you tokens. Most scam projects didn't fulfill promises of the bounty allocation yet vanished on telegram group communication. There were still investors whose willing to take tisk that's why ICO projects still ongoing until now.
reward payment that postponed by developers team could not mentioned as scamming bounty hunter.there are many projects that paid bounty reward but in fact it just be garbage in our wallet and could not tradaded.and if they suddenly reduce bounty allocation its be dev authority.we could not do anything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: