Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:01:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't be too quick to judge ICOs  (Read 19813 times)
Starfranko

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 10:41:47 PM

This percentage of scam projects is worrying that is the more reason why the call for regulation has some merits
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 10:57:38 PM

I personally do not believe this statistics that 99% of ICOs are scam, because some ICOs fail do not mean they are all scam. I usually tell people that starting an ICO is like starting a new business, it might succeed immediately, it might fail presently but have a great future and it might fail totally beyond redemption. So because a project is failing to perform presently or fail totally do not mean it is a scam. Don't get me wrong here, I never said there are no scam projects but the rate is not as high as alleged. Judging a project based on its first few years is wrong, give it time to realize its potentials.
It created a misconception ecause of the recent issues where the people got scammed through ICO. Most of the people nowadays think that all of ICO'S are scam, we should change that perception because there are still ico's that are worth it.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 10:59:16 PM

I personally do not believe this statistics that 99% of ICOs are scam, because some ICOs fail do not mean they are all scam. I usually tell people that starting an ICO is like starting a new business, it might succeed immediately, it might fail presently but have a great future and it might fail totally beyond redemption. So because a project is failing to perform presently or fail totally do not mean it is a scam. Don't get me wrong here, I never said there are no scam projects but the rate is not as high as alleged. Judging a project based on its first few years is wrong, give it time to realize its potentials.

I also believe that there are still legit ICOs who were not able to develop their project due to lack of fund. I've had some bounties from ICO and were part of their telegram group and I can see their team doing their best to update and develop their project slowly. The problem is investors, not all of course, are impatient enough to give chance to support the project.

It is just sad that this projects who are striving to provide legitimate product and services fet affected due to the numbers of scam ICOs that are popping which results to investors losing faith to other ICOs.

hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 11:02:32 PM

The very best of the cryptocurrency projects  are difficult to discover this days ,either from the initial coin offering or other fundraising models like the IEO ,to discover ventures that outrageously mean business is hard ,many case to have something they would offer crypto world yet after they arrive hands on the supports they start lingering behind and deferring superfluous advances.
I still think that a lot of ICOs ate good but not all should be trusted blindly.

Because of many scam ICOs, many people lost belief to crypto. Many people ran out of crypto. And agree with you, IEOs are good and secure way of investment. Last 6-7 months we really saw very good IEOs at different exchanges. As leading exchange Binance Launchpad was my favor one. By the wat market conditions also slowed down the IEOs as profit decreased. I just hope market recover itself soon as possible and we can go on making good profits with IEOs.
Redemption59

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 11:45:34 PM

Being quick in judging ICO's is a serious big mistake that we should all desist from. Though most of the ico projects that came and are still coming day in and day out are scam but the fact that most ico's are scam projects does not mean all ico projects are scam, there are legit ones out there, its up to you and I to make our very own research to fish these legit ones out and promote rather than being quick in judging every ico.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
suzanne5223

Activity: 2632
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 03:32:15 AM

I also believe that there are still legit ICOs who were not able to develop their project due to lack of fund. I've had some bounties from ICO and were part of their telegram group and I can see their team doing their best to update and develop their project slowly. The problem is investors, not all of course, are impatient enough to give chance to support the project.

It is just sad that this projects who are striving to provide legitimate product and services fet affected due to the numbers of scam ICOs that are popping which results to investors losing faith to other ICOs.
It easy to destroy something than to amend it and we can't blame crypto investors if they choose not to trust in ICOs anymore due to the huge numbers of scam ICO projects which have stolen funds from the investors. However, I don't see anything bad if the mentioned project also do an IEO instead of relying on ICO only which provides the required fund to maintain the project.

BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 03:39:41 AM

Although ICOs are not performing as they used to be some years back now, not all ICOs become unsuccessful or are even scam projects. There are good ICOs still out there and it will take the hard working investor into investigate into the ICO in order to know the originality and potentials of the project before joining the investment.

joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 07:15:49 AM

Any new project that use or try to use ICO to raise fund will find it very hard to reach softcap because people don't have interest in ICO anymore, miracletele project used ICO to raised their funds and they did very well but the project still turn scam in the end, its time to move away from ICO and forget they ever existed unless SEC took over

Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 08:25:31 AM

Yeah you are right. There is a difference between scam projexs and failed projects. There are lots of project which try hard to established but somehow they don't get the success. But there wereany project which failed cause of devs irresponsibility. Whatever happen general people lost there money. That's why they like to tag ten with scam.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Onika84

Activity: 1554
Merit: 250

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 08:38:28 AM

Give it a chance in the first year to see whether the project has the potential or not, is a good choice. Especially in the current situation, where the market is not stable anymore and difficult to predict. However, we must look at other projects that actually have more potential than the monitored project.

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
OliviaS

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 09:01:44 AM

Give it a chance in the first year to see whether the project has the potential or not, is a good choice. Especially in the current situation, where the market is not stable anymore and difficult to predict. However, we must look at other projects that actually have more potential than the monitored project.
Today it is very difficult to determine the prospects of the project. At least, you definitely should not judge the prospects of an asset at the price of this asset. Even if the price continues to fall, this is not proof that the project has no future. As before, everyone needs to look at the results of the project, and the price will start to rise once there is development, not empty words.
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 09:04:10 AM

Because the number of fraudulent ICOs is actually too much, investors lose faith in the ICO. It is possible that the ICO was not a scam, however, they did not find enough money to reach SoftCap and the project was unable to function. I have never seen successful ICOs in 2019, can you suggest me!

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 10:23:39 AM

No one is saying all ICOs are scam but from the information gathered on ICO projects, a greater number  of them appears to be a scam.  Developing a shitcoin is scam. So its not about being quick to judge rather, a way to help people from being scammed...
A large number of scams happen not because of scammers but those people who are fool enough to think that there are easy ways to make money. It is not possible that you get gigantic benefits by putting negligible effort. Also, would not it be much better to just stay with the coins that have already proved to be the trustworthy ones instead of trying upcoming and new ICOs daily?
Lenwa07

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 11:50:29 AM

Nowadays it is really hard to trust ICOs, from what I've experienced with ICO is really tough that is the reason why I stop here and now I'm back because i've heard about IEO and I think that is a good start again to look fortune here. But if there's still a scam in IEO maybe i'll be focusing in my current work.
tonyja2017

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 12:59:19 PM

Nowadays it is really hard to trust ICOs, from what I've experienced with ICO is really tough that is the reason why I stop here and now I'm back because i've heard about IEO and I think that is a good start again to look fortune here. But if there's still a scam in IEO maybe i'll be focusing in my current work.
Most of the time, investors focused solely on BTC. Perhaps altcoins can hardly grow fast again, so they only choose their main investment is BTC. ICOs do not seem to be a good option and instead IEO will be more secure.

bitstalker

Activity: 383

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 01:09:43 PM

Actually, I'm not sure about the statement about 99% ico is a scam, just look at the conditions now many projects in 2017-2018 have failed and even scams oh yes, there is an article that discusses investor interest in ico this is the link https://bitcoinist.com/icos-will-disappear-in-2020-as-data-shows-95-funding-decline/ You can read there that right now ico is on the edge and I think this article is true and it's time we forget about ico.
spydee1522

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 10:11:27 PM

There are indeed a whole lot of projects out there and each claiming to bring this and that to the crypto world but not all do fulfill what they promise. Most end as scam projects, most becomes dormant and most lack the needed funds to push their roadmap into a reality but the fact that majority ends as scam does not mean 99% of ico's are scam and be careful how you judge ico projects without evidence.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
Coin BTC

Activity: 721
Merit: 19

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 01:01:59 PM

Yes. I agree with what you say. We have to distinguish between scams, and which ones are said to fail.

Failure is that the ICO developers do not get investors, so they have no funds to develop a new project. Whereas a scam is a project that is run that gets a lot of support and can collect more money than they expect (hardcap), but they do not run their project in accordance with the roadmap, they even run away.

CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
yangongear

Activity: 447
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2019, 02:48:18 PM

Yes, what we need to see is their achievement and their operation. Almost of us often depend on the price to judge if an ICO scam or not. But we have to take into account the objective factor, which is market conditions, when it will affect 90% of the project.
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 02:51:50 PM

It is very unfortunate that the reputation of ICOs are being ruined by those scam projects. Indeed, there are projects that sadly failed from the tight competition in the market but it doesn't mean that it is the end for those ICOs. If possible, ICOs can be revive once again with better advertisement so that they can catch up in the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: