Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:58:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't be too quick to judge ICOs  (Read 19813 times)
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 10:05:25 PM

Most ICOs cannot survive in the market obstacles and challenges thats why it is not worthwhile to invest. There are analysts saying that participating in that kind of project is just a waste of time and effort.
Only a few projects went down because of regulatory issues but majority of the ICO we saw in the past are scam and the only intention for them was to collect funds and then show something that you are working hard after getting the funds and the drama will continue for a few months and by that time the developers start pumping the coin in the market and then when they feel like they attained the target valuation they will dump everything.

@OP i would like to see 10 projects that made it through every obstacle and became successful Tongue..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barabarian1

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 04:07:24 AM

I personally do not believe this statistics that 99% of ICOs are scam, because some ICOs fail do not mean they are all scam. I usually tell people that starting an ICO is like starting a new business, it might succeed immediately, it might fail presently but have a great future and it might fail totally beyond redemption. So because a project is failing to perform presently or fail totally do not mean it is a scam. Don't get me wrong here, I never said there are no scam projects but the rate is not as high as alleged. Judging a project based on its first few years is wrong, give it time to realize its potentials.

yes you're right not all ICOs that fail are ICO scams, there are several ICOs that fail because they don't get enough investors and funds. and not all ICOs are scams that I myself still believe that there are honest ICOs. The last ICO I participated in was the WPP Token project. I think this project is quite successful because it can achieve softcap and hardcap. but unfortunately the price of tokens continues to decline.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 04:48:37 AM

Yes not all ICO scams, but at the moment we can't blame most bounty hunters who are no longer joining in ICO campaigns because of their past experiences where they have tried but have not been properly compensated or totally unpaid.

In fact I am also one of those who no longer believe in ICOs and I consider them scams.
Free1bitco.in

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 05:08:56 AM

Most ICOs cannot survive in the market obstacles and challenges thats why it is not worthwhile to invest. There are analysts saying that participating in that kind of project is just a waste of time and effort.
Only a few projects went down because of regulatory issues but majority of the ICO we saw in the past are scam and the only intention for them was to collect funds and then show something that you are working hard after getting the funds and the drama will continue for a few months and by that time the developers start pumping the coin in the market and then when they feel like they attained the target valuation they will dump everything.

@OP i would like to see 10 projects that made it through every obstacle and became successful Tongue..
sometimes they do show the same thing, pump, after that dump. in addition, so many ICO scams in the past have had a significant impact to date. although we do research and get some projects that have a pretty good concept, and other good things, investors will definitely think about investing in it (unless they have a truly trusted team).

in general, we are not quick to judge a project scam or not, but sometimes some new projects come with a bad reputation, such as a fake team, the same concept with other projects, red flag, and many more. but I know not all projects are like that. there will be several projects that come with the aim of really wanting to develop the project.
no1kid446

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 05:44:22 AM

I personally do not believe this statistics that 99% of ICOs are scam, because some ICOs fail do not mean they are all scam. I usually tell people that starting an ICO is like starting a new business, it might succeed immediately, it might fail presently but have a great future and it might fail totally beyond redemption. So because a project is failing to perform presently or fail totally do not mean it is a scam. Don't get me wrong here, I never said there are no scam projects but the rate is not as high as alleged. Judging a project based on its first few years is wrong, give it time to realize its potentials.
I understand what you're saying, and agree with what you share, it' s the good side of it, and there' s a very small number of ICO projects that are deceptive, for example, a fake team, a copy of the project' s copy, and it' s all on paper.

That' s my opinion, thank you.
Nihyfehmih

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 12:13:12 AM

I strongly believe you. A project cannot be considered a scam because it failed. Some projects just find it hard reaching their soft cap. Some projects dont get enough investors too even though the project has so much prospects. So, the fact that  a project does  not turn out as promised does not mean it's bad project. And if a project has disappointed before, it's true that, it could be very painful but people should desist from generalize statements of saying "most" projects are scam. Because in actual fact, they are not
jcpone

Activity: 685
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 12:26:11 AM

I not judge an ICO have according the rule made by team and owner ICO still running, but if they have break the rule and ICO not running during with how road map schedule list I will judge and complain for ICO owner what happen with their ICO, now many ICO never can't trust with delay for listing and not according what have their promised with exchange market listing.

This is the problem of most of the ico projects, they became not transparent to their community, not honest and more. But honestly, I still do believed that there are some of the ico projects remain good, but need to check them out well for us to determine if it is a good project or not of course.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2019, 10:24:44 AM

I not judge an ICO have according the rule made by team and owner ICO still running, but if they have break the rule and ICO not running during with how road map schedule list I will judge and complain for ICO owner what happen with their ICO, now many ICO never can't trust with delay for listing and not according what have their promised with exchange market listing.

This is the problem of most of the ico projects, they became not transparent to their community, not honest and more. But honestly, I still do believed that there are some of the ico projects remain good, but need to check them out well for us to determine if it is a good project or not of course.
If human society were honest and fair, which is a priori impossible, ideally ico companies would have very good prospects in terms of implementing new projects.  But since there are too many scammers, the ico market of the company without any control will not bring any benefit to either the investor or real promising projects.
Sendi blackspade team

Activity: 941
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 12:31:40 PM

If human society were honest and fair, which is a priori impossible, ideally ico companies would have very good prospects in terms of implementing new projects.  But since there are too many scammers, the ico market of the company without any control will not bring any benefit to either the investor or real promising projects.
ICO has now been completely abandoned by investors. although there are projects that run ICO sales I'm not sure the funds raised will be truly free from manipulation. some projects claim to get hard cap funds, but in development, they are completely invisible if the platform runs well. of course, that is a big problem for investors who have joined because the project is no longer transparent to open up their fund income.
Jercyhora2

Activity: 504
Merit: 23

Epsilon Omega

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2019, 12:40:01 PM

I personally think that, yeah there is. But in this time many ICO with great platform end on being scam. Honestly until now I'm joining lots of bounties. The key is observe their, team, development updates etc. Just don't give all your effort in one ICO. I'M still hoping for new great project. Be clever in terms of observing any projects you join or invest with.
spydee1522

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 10:38:17 PM

ICO's have now paved way for IEO's to walk through since most ICO's ended as scam projects and never lived to fulfill their promises but the fact that ICO's paved way for IEO's and also many ended as scam does not mean all ICO's are scam projects, some are real legit projects that needs time and funds to rise up and move towards their goals or according to their roadmap so never be quick to judge any ICO because it can really surprise with just some push.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
EvgeniyLEV

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2019, 06:09:29 AM

Before investing in ICO, you need to check the project thoroughly. A lot of fraud from the side ICO A lot of projects switched to the format IEO. The main factor for successful ICO is transparency to investors. But at the moment this is not. Very few ICO who work honestly and create a project. Be careful when investing in ICO.  Diversify your risks when investing in ICO.
cryptoadept

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 06:31:07 AM

You can say whether a project is scam or not by following its progress constantly. If you see that community is active and developers are producing new tech, then it's unlikely to be a scam, it would be much easier for devs to just bail.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 06:36:33 AM

New ICO projects still continue to appear, but there are not so many of them as before. It cannot be said that the vast majority of these projects are fraudulent, but they very negatively affect the popularity of ICO projects.
It really is not necessary to blame new ICO projects while the cryptocurrency market is in such a long decline.

zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 06:47:05 AM

New ICO projects still continue to appear, but there are not so many of them as before. It cannot be said that the vast majority of these projects are fraudulent, but they very negatively affect the popularity of ICO projects.
It really is not necessary to blame new ICO projects while the cryptocurrency market is in such a long decline.
Investors are less interest with ICO right now, so the scammers are not interest creating ICO for scamming people, i think new ICOs nowdays is really want to create their product and want to develop their product. We should support them and also we also have to still do our analysis for choosing which ICO that we want to invest or support
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 07:18:07 AM

The reason why new projects are decreasing is because investors have no interest like before, its hard to raise funds successfully nowadays and i new like two developers who said they aren't ready to launch their project because of present crypto market movement
SabrinaBianka

Activity: 633
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 07:22:37 AM

Yes you're actually correct. Like Artblock it was from ICO and until now they still operating and processing their agenda and vision was so still good. So the thing is do not start a conversation without a topics like that ICO's are all scammers, making money and taking advantages to all investors. Some of them are 100% legit and profitable. The OP want to express his feeling about judging ICO's without any inspections.
soramon

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 12:23:31 PM

Yes im agree with your statement. But, new projects is hard to grow because the investor losing interest on ico/ieo due to fraud projects. Also development of the project is major problem for the project it self to shine. But still there a few projects that still exist today.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 12:25:13 PM

however, we need to do research on the new ICO project before supporting it. very true if now there are very many ICOs to be a scam, and we need to be careful. some people have reduced their research and only support IEO. however, currently not all new projects are scams, in-depth research will clarify whether a project is a scam, or not.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 12:44:27 PM

As of today, there are almost no ICOs held by worthy projects. If to talk about statistics you have provided, I think about 80% of projects were pure scams, not 99%.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: