Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:09:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 355598 times)
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 10:09:22 PM

I just sent you a PM!

Thanks! PM'd you back  Wink

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
kanes

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:33:37 AM

Bitmain,

Please can you provide information on how S2 users can update their cgminer to the latest version from https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer  so that they can protect their miners from the "stratum redirect" security vulnerability.

Can you also please state weather the S4 units are compatible with p2pool, as has been asked repeatedly on the forums.

Thank you.

Will be nice to get a answer.
IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:51:42 PM

Getting an answer from Bitmain is like getting blood from a stone:

Post a question here - nothing.
PM them a question - nothing.
Email them a question - nothing.

S2 & S3 users have been waiting since August 18th for these answers, that's over 6 weeks!

Dear Community,

Our truly apologies for the mis-understanding reported....blah blah......there is a little mis-communicaton between Customer Service Team and R&D Department...blah blah.....

Any advice from the Community and Global Customers is appreciated, feel free to contact us via PM or info@bitmaintech.com.

Thank you!

Now they have finally upload the newer cgminer code that fixes the security holes (6 weeks late), but they don't give users any information about how to apply the update!! Does that mean their customers have to wait another 6 weeks to get an answer?

It takes seconds to read a post, and minutes to reply with instructions on how to update, yet they don't seem at all interested in making sure that all their customers miners are safe from exploitation.....why is that Bitmain?

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
kanes

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:17:36 PM

S2 & S3 users have been waiting since August 18th for these answers, that's over 6 weeks!

Dear Community,

Our truly apologies for the mis-understanding reported....blah blah......there is a little mis-communicaton between Customer Service Team and R&D Department...blah blah.....

Any advice from the Community and Global Customers is appreciated, feel free to contact us via PM or info@bitmaintech.com.

Thank you!

Now they have finally upload the newer cgminer code that fixes the security holes (6 weeks late), but they don't give users any information about how to apply the update!! Does that mean their customers have to wait another 6 weeks to get an answer?

It takes seconds to read a post, and minutes to reply with instructions on how to update, yet they don't seem at all interested in making sure that all their customers miners are safe from exploitation.....why is that Bitmain?

Just receive a message from Bitmain, so probably we will only have a answer in 4 or 5  October. Sad
PatMan

Activity: 924

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 04:30:35 PM

So that'll take it up to 7 weeks since they promised to do it within 2 weeks.......... Roll Eyes

Dear Community,

Our truly apologies for the mis-understanding reported in this Support Thread. We are very willing to share the cgminer code to the Community.
Just reviewed our internal resource again, there is a little mis-communicaton between Customer Service Team and R&D Department. We thought this task was done 3 weeks ago.. 
However, R&D Department is repacking the cgminer code and will upload it to GitHub.com in 3 hours.

Thank you!

Cgminer 3.12.0 has been uploaded, https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer. The latest version will be updated in 2 weeks.

Unbelievable Bitmain.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
hashnest.com

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:52:23 AM

As the earning of AntMiner S1 on HASHNEST is nearly equals to the Electricity + Maintenance fee, there are 2 solutions for discussion:

1. HASHNEST will process the AntMiner S1, and the residual value will transfer to BTC, then, equally share to every S1 users.

2. Transfer the hash rate of the AntMiner S1 to UMISOO under the ratio of 2:1, and the residual value belongs to UMISOO.

Notice:

Hashnest.com/hash.vc has transferred S1's hashing power to Umisoo's per the ratio of 2 (S1 hashrate):1(Umisoo hashrate). And closed S1 hash trading market on Oct. 3rd.

Happy Hashing  Wink
kanes

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:09:20 AM

As the earning of AntMiner S1 on HASHNEST is nearly equals to the Electricity + Maintenance fee, there are 2 solutions for discussion:

1. HASHNEST will process the AntMiner S1, and the residual value will transfer to BTC, then, equally share to every S1 users.

2. Transfer the hash rate of the AntMiner S1 to UMISOO under the ratio of 2:1, and the residual value belongs to UMISOO.

Notice:

Hashnest.com/hash.vc has transferred S1's hashing power to Umisoo's per the ratio of 2 (S1 hashrate):1(Umisoo hashrate). And closed S1 hash trading market on Oct. 3rd.

Happy Hashing  Wink

i need some help, in my status i see this:
Your workers   5m   15m   1h   1d   Unassigned Earnings
UMISOO   665.8908   667.5479   666.9017   654.8766   0.01555597

Unassigned Earning - 0.0155 but when i see what i receive a day is 0.0094. How is this possible?
cause 60.8% fees  Grin   indeed...

nop is not that. Because in that value 0.0094 they applie the 60% or 73%(Today), so i only receive 0.004 or something. Hashnest can you please explain?

thanks

It will be nice if you answer the people that bought you stuff from hashnest.com, this is the 3-4 time i post the same question and you never answer. Can you please clarify this situation? Thanks
kanes

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:24:39 PM

Dear Community,

Thank you!

Just receive a message from Bitmain, so probably we will only have a answer in 4 or 5  October. Sad

still no answer Sad about our new firmware, or the way to upgrade cgminer.
IYFTech

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:57:06 PM

This is becoming a bad joke. I think the only option now is to start flooding them with PM's & emails, as they obviously don't give a shit. There are customers out there who are having their hash rate stolen as a direct result of Bitmains incompetence, broken promises and lies.....

BITMAIN - DO AS YOU PROMISED 7 WEEKS AGO & GET THIS S2 FIRMWARE OUT - NO MORE DELAYS, LIES, HOLIDAY EXCUSES OR BROKEN PROMISES- GET IT DONE!!!!

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
IYFTech

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:13:32 PM

I received an answer to a PM I sent to Bitmain/BitmainWarranty:

RE: Sorry for the frustration

Update.

The fix is still worked on. 

Thank you for posting the sample firmware from your S2.

The usual lies. My reply (some details retracted):

Bitmain & BitmainWarranty,

For the last TWO months you have been saying the same thing - we are now at the stage where your users are becoming increasingly suspicious as to why you are delaying the firmware update. It simply does not take two months to compile & test a firmware image, especially when the only change is an updated cgminer. The cgminer devs are able to compile updates to cgminer within a few hours, so why is it taking you months?

The security vulnerability that enables the stratum redirect attack (some victims of this attack have posted details on this forum) was fixed in cgminer on May 2nd 2014 - over 5 months ago - yet Bitmain have continued to use the vulnerable version in all their miners since then, even the S3's and original S4's came with the older cgminers installed.....why? What possible reason would a mining manufacturer insist on using a particular version of cgminer knowing that they are vulnerable to having their work redirected to a different pool without the users knowledge? There can be only one possible answer - and that is that you, Bitmain, and others want to keep this vulnerability for your own nefarious purposes, and have been deliberately delaying the release of the fixed version so as to enable you to continue to redirect users hashes to your own particular pool accounts for personal gain at your users expense.

Bitmain are now paying someone to repeat your excuses & post inaccurate answers on your threads, the fact that this same person also writes manufacturers trustworthiness guides on bitcointalk is not only very concerning, but also a blatant attempt to deter him from giving an accurate account of your failings. Basically - you're paying him off. Maybe if you had employed the cgminer developers instead, you would have been able to fix your firmware issues many months ago - but then you wouldn't have had your little "back door" into thousands of miners would you?

Once again I will remind you of the promise you made to the community & your thousands of users 2 months ago:

Dear Community,

Our truly apologies for the mis-understanding reported in this Support Thread. We are very willing to share the cgminer code to the Community.
Just reviewed our internal resource again, there is a little mis-communicaton between Customer Service Team and R&D Department. We thought this task was done 3 weeks ago.. 
However, R&D Department is repacking the cgminer code and will upload it to GitHub.com in 3 hours.

Thank you!

Cgminer 3.12.0 has been uploaded, https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer. The latest version will be updated in 2 weeks.

BITMAIN - DO AS YOU PROMISED 7 WEEKS AGO & GET THIS S2 FIRMWARE OUT - NO MORE DELAYS, LIES, HOLIDAY EXCUSES OR BROKEN PROMISES- GET IT DONE!!!!

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:56:00 PM

do you have any other hobbies beside this?
IYFTech

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:59:06 PM

No. Bitcoin is my life  Cheesy

It is also my living. I just don't like to be lied to, and like to know that my hash hate is going where it's supposed to go.

Like everyone else.

unrealistic

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:40:18 PM

No. Bitcoin is my life  Cheesy

It is also my living. I just don't like to be lied to, and like to know that my hash hate is going where it's supposed to go.

Like everyone else.

Are you really capable to do this for living ? Can you share what is your strategy (mining, trading, investing) ?
Und3rd0g

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:53:46 AM

I received an answer to a PM I sent to Bitmain/BitmainWarranty:

RE: Sorry for the frustration

Update.

The fix is still worked on. 

Thank you for posting the sample firmware from your S2.

The usual lies. My reply (some details retracted):

Bitmain & BitmainWarranty,

For the last TWO months you have been saying the same thing - we are now at the stage where your users are becoming increasingly suspicious as to why you are delaying the firmware update. It simply does not take two months to compile & test a firmware image, especially when the only change is an updated cgminer. The cgminer devs are able to compile updates to cgminer within a few hours, so why is it taking you months?

The security vulnerability that enables the stratum redirect attack (some victims of this attack have posted details on this forum) was fixed in cgminer on May 2nd 2014 - over 5 months ago - yet Bitmain have continued to use the vulnerable version in all their miners since then, even the S3's and original S4's came with the older cgminers installed.....why? What possible reason would a mining manufacturer insist on using a particular version of cgminer knowing that they are vulnerable to having their work redirected to a different pool without the users knowledge? There can be only one possible answer - and that is that you, Bitmain, and others want to keep this vulnerability for your own nefarious purposes, and have been deliberately delaying the release of the fixed version so as to enable you to continue to redirect users hashes to your own particular pool accounts for personal gain at your users expense.

Bitmain are now paying someone to repeat your excuses & post inaccurate answers on your threads, the fact that this same person also writes manufacturers trustworthiness guides on bitcointalk is not only very concerning, but also a blatant attempt to deter him from giving an accurate account of your failings. Basically - you're paying him off. Maybe if you had employed the cgminer developers instead, you would have been able to fix your firmware issues many months ago - but then you wouldn't have had your little "back door" into thousands of miners would you?

Once again I will remind you of the promise you made to the community & your thousands of users 2 months ago:

Dear Community,

Thank you!

Have you traced the connections coming from your miners and seen them going anywhere else than what is expected???  PM me if you are unsure how to do this, I would be glad to help.   

Interesting theory, but let's put forth some concrete evidence before making accusations.
IYFTech

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:23:49 AM

Have you traced the connections coming from your miners and seen them going anywhere else than what is expected???  PM me if you are unsure how to do this, I would be glad to help.  

Interesting theory, but let's put forth some concrete evidence before making accusations.

To my knowledge I have not yet been unfortunate enough to have had my hash rate redirected - this is because I use p2pool & my operation is entirely "in-house", so I am able to monitor 24/7, but I can't be sure that I haven't been a victim as my S2's are still using the unpatched cgminer version - thanks to Bitmain. The stratum redirect issue mainly affects normal, centralized pool users, a few of the latest examples:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=518205.msg9126676#msg9126676

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=518205.380

It is a known issue, not a theory, which is why all miner devs added a patch to their software when it was discovered. There is plenty of "concrete evidence" of this type of attack, a simple google search or scan of this forum will reveal your results. The simple fact is, Bitmain is the only hardware manufacturer that insists on using this older version of cgminer, in full knowledge of the redirect security flaw, whereas all other manufacturers applied the updated cgminer version to their hardware many months ago. Think about it - why would they do that? They even put it in their new S3's & S4's when they first came out.....2 months after promising everyone they wouldn't.

If Bitmain had done what the community asked & what they themselves promised, they would not find themselves in the position of "prime suspects", and nobody would have to worry about this issue - it is entirely their fault.

Why would any hardware manufacturer not want to ensure their software was secure?

mewhoyou

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:04:57 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 05:22:13 PM by mewhoyou

Well,

I have experience this attack and here are some picture i took

[IMG=http://imagize[Suspicious link removed]http://ageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/537/xCto5q.jpg][/img]

Unfortunately i did not save it in landscape as it will show you that the priorty has been set to "0" means main priority to Pool No. 3. For those who dont get it, we can only set 3 pool but not 4 pool.

Ethereum the Next Big Thing?
IYFTech

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:25:05 PM

Well,

I have experience this attack and here are some picture i took

[IMG=http://imagize[Suspicious link removed]http://ageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/537/xCto5q.jpg][/img]

Unfortunately i did not save it in landscape as it will show you that the priorty has been set to "0" means main priority to Pool No. 3. For those who dont get it, we can only set 3 pool but not 4 pool.

Sorry to see that, you're not the only one either. Suggest you email this to Bitmain demanding an explanation/compensation. I noticed it's the same username using btcguild as another victim of this attack - maybe you can also contact eleuthria at BTCGuild & see if he can help you.

Please post here if you get a response from Bitmain, even if it's the usual "we're working on it" crap.  Wink

1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 08:41:54 PM

Been a while since I posted, here's a link to the image file with the latest firmware installed for those of you who have had your SD cards die. The image is over 4GB, so it won't fit on the stock 2GB card. The download is only 38MB zipped https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16075357/S2firmware.img.zip

mewhoyou

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:11:48 AM

What's the difference? New as in the new upgrade?? Cheesy

Ethereum the Next Big Thing?
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:29:54 PM

If anyone has a spare $200 S4 coupon, please PM me.
Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: