Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:12:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation  (Read 271591 times)
HiroS (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 01:24:55 PM

For Now, Seems SHA3 is FPGA miner profit.
For GPUs, Only choice is X11, or Quark.

There is also Blakecoin (BLC) - which is the fastest coin (SHA3 finalist, Blake-256 algorithm).

3.4GH/s on a AMD Radeon R9 290X

The concern there is that it may be relatively easy to create professional mining hardware for. If GPUs move to the BLC solution they may not get to stay there very long. What we want is to bring in the GPU miners and keep them. Having 11 different types of hashing makes us much more secure in this way. We can argue that X11 gives long term safety.

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
albertdros

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:25:42 PM

wow someone just dumped a shitload of coins on nxt-e completely crashing the price Cheesy
sweetgirl01

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:28:50 PM

I make a mistake to look it as herocoin

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. BLdk42HPNkst19cXgKHW7dR2B6AQPMF2Et
quarkkid

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:30:43 PM

...im in!!!

My reputation thread!! ...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419456.0
C A Ix > >   CAIx-- Xt7qWX6LTAURHZYzjenTBNfViztCz2z72U
mrakbox

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:31:10 PM

There is also Blakecoin (BLC) - which is the fastest coin (SHA3 finalist, Blake-256 algorithm).

3.4GH/s on a AMD Radeon R9 290X

The concern there is that it may be relatively easy to create professional mining hardware for. If GPUs move to the BLC solution they may not get to stay there very long. What we want is to bring in the GPU miners and keep them. Having 11 different types of hashing makes us much more secure in this way. We can argue that X11 gives long term safety.

The idea that ASIC resistance is important for crypto currencies has become widespread, however it is based on a fallacy. The premise is that ASICs are expensive and therefore make mining impractical for the average person. However, the production of ASICs is inevitable if a coin becomes popular enough, as is the case with Litecoin. Although Scrypt did a good job of stalling the creation of Litecoin ASICs, they are soon to be released. The properties that made Scrypt ASIC resistant are now the same properties that will make Scrypt ASICs exorbitantly expensive. Therefore in the end, trying to make a coin resistant to ASIC implementation only serves to make it more infeasible for the average person to mine it once ASICs are produced. This is why Blakecoin has been designed to be ASIC friendly. The simplistic nature of the Blake-256 algorithm makes it easier and cheaper to implement in silicon, so if or when Blake-256 ASICs are manufactured, they will be considerably less expensive and also considerably more power efficient than SHA-256 or Scrypt ASICs. GPU mining is excellent because it provides the flexibility to mine just about any coin, but ultimately it is a test bed to determine which coins are good enough to warrant production of dedicated hardware. One more advantage of Blakecoin in this regard is that due to it's support for merged mining, the efficiency of an ASIC would be compounded since it will be possible to mine multiple coins at once.
new coin

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:37:39 PM

Looks very promising expressed support Grin
durnkenWiz

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:40:33 PM

uswapme

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:44:14 PM

wait cryptsy.com  Wink

will take at least couple of weeks i think.
quarkkid

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:50:50 PM

Im loving this coin already....Just pointed my all my rigs here , and this is the coolest they'v ran EVER!! Since iv been facing heat vrm heat issuse with my dual-X 280x's...i really cant complain now Cheesy
Dev is very active and community is growing fast, i think this is a no-brainer.  Wink

My reputation thread!! ...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419456.0
C A Ix > >   CAIx-- Xt7qWX6LTAURHZYzjenTBNfViztCz2z72U
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:58:53 PM

I am speaking with as many people as possible and am getting more people involved to help me with this. The task we have is to get people aware of Hirocoin and the X11 hashing algorithm. The target is to set X11 to be the main choice for GPU miners when Scrypt is no longer viable. For now do not worry about price or 'going to the moon'. This is a long term project which will become more relevant over time.

The alternative out there is Scrypt-Jane or Adaptive-N, both of which are somewhat unfriendly to GPU miners. When promoting Hirocoin there are clear benefits, the immediate one being that we are multipool free for now, and further down the line, being the number one GPU miners choice. As I have said before the GPU miners going to Litecoin did amazing things for them, all other Scrypt coins are in Litecoin's shadow. We hope to be the one casting the shadow in X11.

What needs to happen is continued development and marketing to let people know about us both of which I am working on. Anyone else that want to join in come to the Hirocoin forum.

Quark have Quark, is old...
SO DRK is darkside, And HIRO is bright side?
Interesting.

And HiroS,
Do you really can build some functions new to this coin?
Thank to you effort.

Quark is already going PoS , no more coins to mine anyhow...

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
dboylc

Activity: 153

mine for future~

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:08:09 PM

I am speaking with as many people as possible and am getting more people involved to help me with this. The task we have is to get people aware of Hirocoin and the X11 hashing algorithm. The target is to set X11 to be the main choice for GPU miners when Scrypt is no longer viable. For now do not worry about price or 'going to the moon'. This is a long term project which will become more relevant over time.

The alternative out there is Scrypt-Jane or Adaptive-N, both of which are somewhat unfriendly to GPU miners. When promoting Hirocoin there are clear benefits, the immediate one being that we are multipool free for now, and further down the line, being the number one GPU miners choice. As I have said before the GPU miners going to Litecoin did amazing things for them, all other Scrypt coins are in Litecoin's shadow. We hope to be the one casting the shadow in X11.

What needs to happen is continued development and marketing to let people know about us both of which I am working on. Anyone else that want to join in come to the Hirocoin forum.

Quark have Quark, is old...
SO DRK is darkside, And HIRO is bright side?
Interesting.

And HiroS,
Do you really can build some functions new to this coin?
Thank to you effort.

Quark is already going PoS , no more coins to mine anyhow...

Many Quark Clones you know~
HiroS (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 02:16:28 PM

The idea that ASIC resistance is important for crypto currencies has become widespread, however it is based on a fallacy. The premise is that ASICs are expensive and therefore make mining impractical for the average person. However, the production of ASICs is inevitable if a coin becomes popular enough, as is the case with Litecoin. Although Scrypt did a good job of stalling the creation of Litecoin ASICs, they are soon to be released. The properties that made Scrypt ASIC resistant are now the same properties that will make Scrypt ASICs exorbitantly expensive. Therefore in the end, trying to make a coin resistant to ASIC implementation only serves to make it more infeasible for the average person to mine it once ASICs are produced. This is why Blakecoin has been designed to be ASIC friendly. The simplistic nature of the Blake-256 algorithm makes it easier and cheaper to implement in silicon, so if or when Blake-256 ASICs are manufactured, they will be considerably less expensive and also considerably more power efficient than SHA-256 or Scrypt ASICs. GPU mining is excellent because it provides the flexibility to mine just about any coin, but ultimately it is a test bed to determine which coins are good enough to warrant production of dedicated hardware. One more advantage of Blakecoin in this regard is that due to it's support for merged mining, the efficiency of an ASIC would be compounded since it will be possible to mine multiple coins at once.

That's a very interesting view point and one I had not considered before, use a hashing solution that is easy to make professional mining hardware for as it will be cheaper. This will be interesting if it pans out but think of the BFL Jalapeno (4.5GH) compared to the Minirig (500GH). Even though there is an affordable one there is still the insanely expensive one that outperforms the smaller one by a huge margin.

I would opt to go for GPU miners longer term as this is a very large market and consider that there may not be another round of ASICs if hashing solutions fragment.

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
dboylc

Activity: 153

mine for future~

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:29:38 PM

I'm in since yesterday Cheesy

Go X11 Go  Grin

open with new GPU mine face, friendly coin , unlike maxcoin ,hvc etc.
cris1987

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:30:28 PM

THERE ARE NO RESPONSE ABOUT WHEN WE ARE GOING TO SEE A BLOCKCHAIN, WHY IS THAT DEV? MAYBE THE TIME OF BLOCKS IS FASTER THAT YOU SAY ON TOP?
support@NCT

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 02:40:41 PM

www.newcointrade.com

Today we have 2 news.

We have received 2 help tickets about withdraw confirm, they do not check the withdraw security code in email. We change for that
1. Move the withdraw table up, just below balance table.
2. Add withdraw confirm alter messager.
3. Add hint in withdraw confirm window.

24H HIC/BTC market volumn is 31K.

--NCT team

www.newcointrade.com focus on new coin!
HiroS (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 03:33:20 PM

THERE ARE NO RESPONSE ABOUT WHEN WE ARE GOING TO SEE A BLOCKCHAIN, WHY IS THAT DEV? MAYBE THE TIME OF BLOCKS IS FASTER THAT YOU SAY ON TOP?

You mean to say that blocks right now are going faster than 60 seconds?

We have KGW in place now that most people are familiar with. If you check the code you can see that it is hardcoded to aim for 60 seconds a block, please go check the source code to verify this. It is open source of course and I cannot hide anything from you. There is no reason why someone cannot make an explorer for Hirocoin.

mikk2k2

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:40:22 PM

We have KGW in place now that most people are familiar with. If you check the code you can see that it is hardcoded to aim for 60 seconds a block, please go check the source code to verify this. It is open source of course and I cannot hide anything from you. There is no reason why someone cannot make an explorer for Hirocoin.

+1 Dev. Well done on everything so far!

Rent My Rig: Lexie       Trust Thread: Here       Cloud Mining: Trade Ghs/BTC Here    LeaseRigs: Here
bigc1984

Activity: 658
Merit: 534

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:43:10 PM

You should ask Eduffield if he will let you use dark gravity wave too
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 04:20:25 PM

24H VOL : 10.72797181 BTC  Grin
Xdragon

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:48:22 PM

this coin exist for only two days, and it is already on 3 exchanges.nice, smooth launch, no hype.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: