Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:31:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think 40% bonus is too much for early Investors?  (Read 5965 times)
otto93

Activity: 216
Merit: 10

Live, Hope, Win

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 01:49:38 PM

Increasing the percentage bonus is not a bad idea but rather the ability to regulate the tokens sent them by putting some lock up period on the bonus

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Redemption59

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 10:21:33 PM

I think this is total improper by any project to be giving 40% bonus for early investors. Why give such huge bonus to early investors if you trust the project you are bringing to the market, investors themselves will run to purchase your tokens if you have something unique to offer. To me, its too much giving early invetors such bonus because same investors will dump to affect the token's price or value.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
nabilapimpo

Activity: 602

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 11:46:06 PM

In some cases where a token price crashes soon after listing on the Exchange, the blames has over time been attributed to the bounty hunters and sometimes to early investors that received certain bonuses.

Do you think 40% bonus for early investors is too much and capable of crashing token price?

The initial 40% Bonus, in my opinion, is enormous. There are even projects that can offer a bonus of reaching 50%. I guess this will be a time bomb that will explode when the project is registered in Exchange. It explodes in the sense that the price of the coin may decline if these investors sell their entire coin. I am personally in determining the ICO project and IEO looking for that does not offer great prizes.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 12:49:12 AM

Of course 40% bonus for initial investors is very large, and usually the bonus is locked for a certain period of time, it should not cause a dump on the price of coins / tokens, unless the volume on the market is still small

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
Jpti

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 08:18:47 AM

I think 40 percent bonus or more than that is too much for investors. This trend may help dump price of coins upon hitting exchanges. Bounty hunters are often accused of dumping price of coins. But in fact there are many factors that are behind dumping price of coins. One of them is big amount of bonus given to investors during ICO or IEO.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Nobita7999

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 09:02:16 AM

I think this is a pretty big bonus and this can make it worth listing.
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 09:09:09 AM

Of course 40% bonus for initial investors is very large, and usually the bonus is locked for a certain period of time, it should not cause a dump on the price of coins / tokens, unless the volume on the market is still small
Everything has its reasons and here, we should not look at the rewards, we should look at the risks of early investors, a project starts with not too many persuasive factors, very few people dare to venture into it, but if someone has invested, the project needs to give them a worthy bonus, so I'm not too surprised when the bonuses are so big and so much. They come early, they take big risks and this is their gift, it's not too much compared to what they can lose, but recently, the bigger bonus is still not attractive enough for investors, the risk has been higher than ever
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 09:19:53 AM

In some cases where a token price crashes soon after listing on the Exchange, the blames has over time been attributed to the bounty hunters and sometimes to early investors that received certain bonuses.

Do you think 40% bonus for early investors is too much and capable of crashing token price?
Its quite normal to receive a bonus if you're an early investor who trust the project. In fact 40% is not too much and not a reason for the price to dump.

We are investing to have a profit once there's a chance to sell so we cant blame the investors if they sell their holdings.

If the project is good and the team are doing their job to make the project work and progress then the tokens will gain value even hunters are dumping their tokens.

TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 09:21:05 AM

Everything has its reasons and here, we should not look at the rewards, we should look at the risks of early investors, a project starts with not too many persuasive factors, very few people dare to venture into it, but if someone has invested, the project needs to give them a worthy bonus, so I'm not too surprised when the bonuses are so big and so much. They come early, they take big risks and this is their gift, it's not too much compared to what they can lose, but recently, the bigger bonus is still not attractive enough for investors, the risk has been higher than ever

I agree, the developer team must take into account the bonus given with the risk that the investor receives because the tokens sold are still not traded. But if the project has a partnership with various well-known large companies, then the bonus given must be small because there is investment certainty that the project is good and attractive to many companies

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
Woodie

Activity: 1806
Merit: 871

Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2019, 09:25:20 AM

Honestly It is too much but as I understand , this is all part of the marketing and not really meant to give away a huge chunk of free coins.

As far as I know these bonuses have time limits which also mean that not everyone will jump on this offer as they try to do their due diligence and all that research.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Shepard777

Activity: 532
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 09:35:47 AM

Of course it can, because sometimes with such a discount a very large percentage of the total amount of issued coins, tokens is sold. After all, when the token goes onto the exchange, the creators of the project try to make a price at which they bought at the final stages of the ICO, but they are hindered by early investors who sell everything, the only thing is that the tokens of early investors are blocked for a certain period, then it saves.

cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 09:58:31 AM

Although they get 40% bonus, the initial participants are usually not many. Bounty hunters often become scapegoats when prices fall on the initial listing even though many bounty hunters receive tokens after more than 30 days of the sale period ends.
ttcsalam
Copper Member

Activity: 1120
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 10:56:10 AM

I think it's actually too much. Because of this, coins cannot be sustained in the market for long.Keeping coins in the market for a long time is a challenge Here the capital is destroyed.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ KeyFund ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  AUTONOMOUS YIELD TOKEN - DEFLATIONARY MECHANISM  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 02:06:07 PM

Of course it can, because sometimes with such a discount a very large percentage of the total amount of issued coins, tokens is sold. After all, when the token goes onto the exchange, the creators of the project try to make a price at which they bought at the final stages of the ICO, but they are hindered by early investors who sell everything, the only thing is that the tokens of early investors are blocked for a certain period, then it saves.
I believe that projects should freeze tokens of early investors for at least a year. this will give at least minimal stability for the token price

I think you are right, almost ICO/IEO projects which give a bonus to every early investors must have frozen their investor tokens for minimum 2 years. And yes as you said it can stabilize the price and also to avoid dumps at the beginning of their listing.

royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 02:15:45 PM

The people's view speak so much on severity of the percentage of bonus, we have learn alot to know what all these bonuses cause. Even at private sales bonuses had been reduced to the minimal and public sales does not look to have bonus like we used to. The market is very bad and new coin should avoid dump with every strategy. Where to start a good tokenomics is from the bonuses.
Ajaone

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 03:22:25 PM
Merited by aramine (1)

This depends on many factors so I can't really say if it is much or not. There are some ICOs that do take more than a year before their main sale, so if they sold at 40% discount for those who waited for more than a year I don't think it's too much. Another thing is that the amount of tokens for private or seeds sales is not always much, so I don't think this could affect the price.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange ⎈ Futures & Options ⎈ IEO ⎈ APP ⎈ Community

[/
kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 03:31:08 PM

Forty percent is not really too much as long as the team needs more early investors to the project.
This will make the foundation of their plan A much stronger.
Numbers do not lie and it can control the outcome of any project.
yangongear

Activity: 447
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2019, 04:29:45 PM

Nope. I think 40% or another number is just a way to make that deal look attractive, instead of offering at discounted prices. The dump price is due to some people holding too many tokens, which is why some projects set a maximum limit for an investor.
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 04:35:43 PM

Almost all past-ICOs are down 99%. So even you bought coins 1000 times cheaper in ICO still you won´t be in a profit.
But if you get a bonus for example on Binance Launchpad, then it is a real deal.  Smiley
caffu chino

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 05:36:00 PM

I think 40% is too much, even if it's for early investor. 20-25% is the best. when the token sale ends, it won't dump the market later. and isn't that good for all investors, not just early investors.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: