Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:31:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GridSeed 5-chip USB miner voltage mod  (Read 156976 times)
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 11:34:50 AM

Wow! That sucks! No one has EVER had this trouble like that with the R52 mod! No One! Not even green-horns!
Shit!This really bugs me! I feel for your loss! 4 good chips ruined by yet another Zig DOH!!! pod killer mod! Are you absolutely sure un-bridging and adding a resistive load to R42 is correct, Zig? Never mind.  I strongly suspect - NOT! This clicking problem only started happening after Zig's mod was introduced!
I think that Zig's mod should be killed for now, at least until the actual cause of the clicking which most likely means something permanently serious has happened and your pod is now a paper weight, is discovered. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Thanks Zig!
Remember, R52 (aka R139-at least he got that right) mod is proven by thousands of mods to work without harming your pod, even if you make a mistake, the worst that happens is your pod stops working until the solder connections are re-done correctly or the mod is reversed. No permanent destruction! Certainly no solder melting hot chips destruction occurs! I think this makes 4 clicking pods now....That's just too many fried pods! DANGER!
Stick with R52 mod. And again, the chances of our pods ever profitably mining SHA again are slim to none and IF the mod ever has to be reversed, it can be done easily by any qualified tech. Even greenhorns can do it in a reasonable amount of time, obviously!

My devices have been running stable for over a month with R46 = 14k7.

Zig's mod looks to be the same mod I posted back on page 22. The schematic clearly shows R46 in series with the other SET resistors, and the mod should not cause any more problems than replacing R63/R64/R66/R139.

You are absolutely right! Zig's? mod (I knew something was fishy about that) SHOULDN'T cause any problems, but it DOES. Someone needs to get to the bottom of this before other pods are destroyed, accidently! That's the way electronics experimentation goes. You think one thing should happen, then something else unexpected happens. Back to the drawing board. But in this case, even the drawing board falls over! Total bummer!

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gtraah

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:45:32 AM

Ok Guys I have modded 19 Pods and Itest each one after I have done it.. Now  got all 19 and I plugged them all in together for the first time after being successfully tested individually, anyway So I plugged them all in flicked the Powersupply switch and this is when I hear a small POP and flame like someone lit a match I INSTANTLY FREAKED OUT AND POWERED EVERYTHING OFF, OPENED THE POD in concern and this is what I see, I AM FURIOUS ANGRY as I HAVE TESTED EACH POD after I mod it and al worked perfect accepted shares NO HW and all perfect, but now that I plug the power in all of them I hear this POP and flames.

Please tell me what may have gone wrong here, Not enough power on the PSU cable? But not enuough power should NOT make this burn up and POP the moment I flicked he switch right? Anyway can someone PLEASE tell me the 2 chips I burnt I really would like to repair this pod... Its a waste, I am lost as to why this occured. I am using Acritc Mx-2 Compound- NON CONDUCtIvE so this could not have caused a short.

Please if someone can help me find these chips  will be greatly appreciated.

HERE IS THE PICTURE OF THE 2 BURNED OUT CHIPS, THEY LOOK THE SAME SHAPE AND SIZE. IT WOULD BE GOOD IF THEY WERE THE SAME CHIPS.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qymhbmgvu5raq1t/20140428_203015.jpg

If someone can also give me an idea how this may have happened, please remember I test each POD after I mod and wait for a few shares to be accepted before I screw it all back together and this went in flames the second i turned the power on ... I was thinking maybe I tightened it to tight and the copper heat sink touched something to short out? And no I have not used any copper shims yet.
happydaze

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:53:26 AM

gtraah - could be power related.  Volt x amps = watts.  If you have a significant amount of voltage drop then the amps will go way up.  You used a 49.9k right?  Are you allowing 30 watts per pod on your power supplies?  That should provide a good safety margin.

I think the part in the photo is:
Device Type:  FERRITE BEAD_R1206_300OHM@100MH
Value:   300ohm@100MHz,3A

Someone else should confirm it for you.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 12:49:25 PM

Ok Guys I have modded 19 Pods and Itest each one after I have done it.. Now  got all 19 and I plugged them all in together for the first time after being successfully tested individually, anyway So I plugged them all in flicked the Powersupply switch and this is when I hear a small POP and flame like someone lit a match I INSTANTLY FREAKED OUT AND POWERED EVERYTHING OFF, OPENED THE POD in concern and this is what I see, I AM FURIOUS ANGRY as I HAVE TESTED EACH POD after I mod it and al worked perfect accepted shares NO HW and all perfect, but now that I plug the power in all of them I hear this POP and flames.

Please tell me what may have gone wrong here, Not enough power on the PSU cable? But not enuough power should NOT make this burn up and POP the moment I flicked he switch right? Anyway can someone PLEASE tell me the 2 chips I burnt I really would like to repair this pod... Its a waste, I am lost as to why this occured. I am using Acritc Mx-2 Compound- NON CONDUCtIvE so this could not have caused a short.

HERE IS THE PICTURE OF THE 2 BURNED OUT CHIPS, THEY LOOK THE SAME SHAPE AND SIZE. IT WOULD BE GOOD IF THEY WERE THE SAME CHIPS.

If someone can also give me an idea how this may have happened, please remember I test each POD after I mod and wait for a few shares to be accepted before I screw it all back together and this went in flames the second i turned the power on ... I was thinking maybe I tightened it to tight and the copper heat sink touched something to short out? And no I have not used any copper shims yet.

Sounds to me that perhaps when you put the top heat sink back on and tightened it down, it shorted out on something like perhaps the fan red + lead? That will cause some fireworks/magic black smoke. Perhaps you should test the pod after you put it all back together too?
The burned out components look like Ferret beads to me. Good luck!

gtraah

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:55:46 PM

gtraah - could be power related.  Volt x amps = watts.  If you have a significant amount of voltage drop then the amps will go way up.  You used a 49.9k right?  Are you allowing 30 watts per pod on your power supplies?  That should provide a good safety margin.

Thanks vERY VERY much Happydaze, are they both the same? can someone please confirm this please I would like  to get these asap so I can get this pod back online... I dont really want to throw away $100 + 510KH...

Yes 49.9K was used I do not have any other to use. So lets thin about this for a second, HASHRA sells the 6-PIN > 10 barrel tips  and states no more than 250watt and only for scrypt. I did some research which saw someone find those can handle 192watt...  I now have 7 - Vmodded Seeds on each 6-PIN they are all working, I am just thinking to myself --- Is it or isnt it the cause, I DEFINITLEY know the 75w spec is ridiculous But I now made sure its under the 192watt as of what I found after some research was done... Not sure why hashra says 250w is the limit and if thats the
case I would of thought they should be fine.

And if what your saying the amps sky rocketted... WOuld that happen if only I was only short by 20-30watt? Do you think its because I plugged them in all at the same time and then flicked the powersupply on, maybe plug them in one by one?
nst6563

Activity: 252
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:11:34 PM

Thanks vERY VERY much Happydaze, are they both the same? can someone please confirm this please I would like  to get these asap so I can get this pod back online... I dont really want to throw away $100 + 510KH...

Yes 49.9K was used I do not have any other to use. So lets thin about this for a second, HASHRA sells the 6-PIN > 10 barrel tips  and states no more than 250watt and only for scrypt. I did some research which saw someone find those can handle 192watt...  I now have 7 - Vmodded Seeds on each 6-PIN they are all working, I am just thinking to myself --- Is it or isnt it the cause, I DEFINITLEY know the 75w spec is ridiculous But I now made sure its under the 192watt as of what I found after some research was done... Not sure why hashra says 250w is the limit and if thats the
case I would of thought they should be fine.

And if what your saying the amps sky rocketted... WOuld that happen if only I was only short by 20-30watt? Do you think its because I plugged them in all at the same time and then flicked the powersupply on, maybe plug them in one by one?

When you turn on anything electronic, there is an initial surge current (normally very small) which is higher than the operational current.  I have a hard time believing that turning on 20-30 gridseeds at once would generate a surge in current powerful enough to blow components unless those components were somehow 'weak' to begin with.

I think if you replace those beads you'll be back in business - hopefully no worse for wear.

I had a similar issue with a mosfet blowing (like a dumbass, curiosity got the best of me and I tried dual mining with a voltmod).  I replaced the mosfet but the gridseed just doesn't seem to run "like it used to", particularly chip #3.  But...thanks to Sandor I can clock chip #3 lower than the rest and still get 450Kh/s out of it.
gtraah

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:14:28 PM

Sounds to me that perhaps when you put the top heat sink back on and tightened it down, it shorted out on something like perhaps the fan red + lead? That will cause some fireworks/magic black smoke. Perhaps you should test the pod after you put it all back together too?

WOlfey!!!,Your a Genius!! Guess what it was?? The red wire got caught on one of the heat sinks sharp edges and when I tightened it down it pierced it!I knew it couldnt of been the power... So now can someone confirm the exact part is what happydaze has said?? and do you think it would be any other parts that are not visibly burned out? Or the instant those  chips burned no power could get to the rest of the board. Those 2 chips sacrafised themselves for the board , something like that  lol
gtraah

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:17:43 PM

Can I get a second opinion on these 2 chips that I blew, are they the same and both  -

As  happydaze.

ANd guys be very careful those heatsink edges are VERY sharp , It basically pin-pricked the red cable and caused this short circuit
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 01:19:02 PM

I tried rmod on a second gridseed today after having it working well on another gridseed for several days.  This one already had vmod1 and I was adding 15k.  Actual measured numbers were 35.83k + 14.92k = 50.75 tested on board.  That is on the high side I know.  
I got the clicking noise and tried to redo a few times but couldn't solve it.  I'm not good at soldering but thought I did an ok job. Voltage was low on first try 1.3 something.  Second try had the voltage at 1.63v.  I removed vmod1 but the clicking was still there.  You can actually feel the clicking.  The first pod I did had a higher value large silver capacitor 16v 330.  This pod has 16v 220.

I screwed something up though on one of the later tries. I may have bridged to that 20nf capacitor.  It got hot quickly ..... some solder has actually come out from under one of the gc3355 chips on two sides!  Shocked   These little things are pretty tough.  One chip of the five is still working so hopefully I can fix it up.

Summary:
rmod removed, bridge replaced, no clicking sound
It powers up and miner software sees it.  cpuminer reports 5 chips and sets the frequency.
Only one chip does any mining and those shares are accepted by pool. (only chip #4 works)
Red light blinks very very slow.  It can be off for a long time or on for a long time. This might be caused because only one chip is actually mining.
Solder is visible on two sides of the center Gridchip (one of the mining chips).  See photo.  It covers four or five pins on one side and maybe three on another side.  I did not drop solder there and I know it wasn't there earlier because I took a photo of the new resistor in place before trying it.  I think it has come out from under the chip if that is possible. How do I remove that?  

I need some advice or suggestions on what to check / what to do so I can try to recover it or at least get a few more chips working.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

firstly clicking is prob the crystal i got it when i did the r52 mod with a 56k resistor. Applying slight pressure o. The crystal lessened it i reworked. It was less. I then uninstalled my grid dricers - i was getting an uart open error  - and checkdd the box to delete the drivers. Tge dud a fresh install of the drivers. It sorted it. I aslo noticed havibg several instances of grid miner software cancause issues!! Byt it ciuldve been my drivers agsin.

As for the dolder o. Your chips thats from underside of yhe gtids. It connects the thermal plate under the grids to the theal vias. This is something i mentioned way back. Appears they used eithrr normal solder and tinned the pads or too much solder paste. On mine it was leaking o. The underside on several chips i had balls o  tge thermal vias!! Try reworking it but first check the underside of your pcd make sure the thermal viad are clear. You might want to remove any dolder fro. The underside first. Hot air rework would do nicely alibg with flhx and desolder braid. To remove the doldrr balls o  top flux and desolder braid. Either hit air it and remove the balls or a very fine solder tip. Rither way you need to be carefull. Chances are you might end up unsolderi g a fws pins. Resolder them with a fine tip. Remember to applyf
 Flux to the pins beforehand and ti you tip.

Google smd remove. Theres a few you tube videos out there thatll be able to show you. It sint eady though so pratice on somethi g else first.

Dud wolfey invent the mod?? Er no wad someo e else he jyst gyessed what they wsd up to. Slthough i had the idwa of the r52 mod first. Others jyst tested it and put it into practice furst.
When overclickibg make sure you have fan cooling and even improved thetmsl pafs/paste especailly on the u derside!!!!!

IF I understand your scribble, no, I didn't invent the mod, obviously. Evidently neither did Nemercry based on his being accused of copying it from someone on another forum. Maybe it was your idea originally but you didn't fly with it so others took up the task since several of us were looking for a way to overclock our pods.
I never claimed any of the mods were my origination! Never! But I did come up with a simpler way to change R52 (R139) using a standard 1/4W axial resistor, and I came up with the most efficient value of 49.9k where power usage and max profit go. I also came up with the 5V USB mod.
Some say that 47k works the best for them but I doubt they can achieve the same results with the same low number of HW errors or less.
Anyway, this is all part of a group based evolution to achieve an end result for the benefit of all miners. My goal was 24/7 operation and maximum profit from my miners. I have achieved this weeks ago now and I am happy with the results. R52 mod IS the ONLY way to go IMO and I'm sticking with it. Wink

J4bberwock

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:21:10 PM

Can I get a second opinion on these 2 chips that I blew, are they the same and both  -

As  happydaze.

ANd guys be very careful those heatsink edges are VERY sharp , It basically pin-pricked the red cable and caused this short circuit

Yes, both are ferrite beads with the same value.
quite easy to find on ebay, mouser...

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 01:34:52 PM

Ok Guys I have modded 19 Pods and Itest each one after I have done it.. Now  got all 19 and I plugged them all in together for the first time after being successfully tested individually, anyway So I plugged them all in flicked the Powersupply switch and this is when I hear a small POP and flame like someone lit a match I INSTANTLY FREAKED OUT AND POWERED EVERYTHING OFF, OPENED THE POD in concern and this is what I see, I AM FURIOUS ANGRY as I HAVE TESTED EACH POD after I mod it and al worked perfect accepted shares NO HW and all perfect, but now that I plug the power in all of them I hear this POP and flames.

WOlfey!!!,Your a Genius!! Guess what it was?? The red wire got caught on one of the heat sinks sharp edges and when I tightened it down it pierced it!I knew it couldnt of been the power... So now can someone confirm the exact part is what happydaze has said?? and do you think it would be any other parts that are not visibly burned out? Or the instant those  chips burned no power could get to the rest of the board. Those 2 chips sacrafised themselves for the board , something like that  lol

Well, thank you for saying that gtraah! Much appreciated!
Glad your problems are almost over.
I can't say that blowing any of the ferret beads saves the components they supply from damage. They are NOT fuses and are not intended to be used as such. In any case! Lucky the little buggers are there though if they did help save other components down the line but most likely they didn't save anything and what ever is behind them is also fried, I'm afraid. That's why they burned up in the first place. But, still. You never know. You might get lucky! Wink
The only way to find out is to either replace them or 'temporarily' bypass them with a jumper to see first if it's even worth replacing them with new ones. Doing this temporarily most likely won't hurt anything voltage wise. It will simply allow more noise (high frequency) to pass through. This should not be harmful to any components. Especially for the few seconds to a minute that you'll have it powered up to see if it comes to life and all chips are functioning normally. But if it does still work, DO replace the FB's before you put it back in to service!
IF you do bypass them to test, I think it would be best to put a 500 to 1000mA fuse inline with the power supply so if it is permanently damaged, it won't make more magic black smoke before the fuse blows.
You can also use a small 12V light bulb as a dummy load which will allow voltage to pass through but not a lot if hardly any current. This way you can slowly wake it up and see if it's going to stay cool and act right or spit dummy and fry some more components.

amix

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:43:26 PM

I could screw up any mod  Smiley I bet.  Sorry ZiG - I'm not blaming you at all.  I did the first pod and it has run for several days.
Re: C35 - the clicking came before accidentally bridging that.  I took photos and planned to post them. It looked good from several angles.
I suspect the clicking has to do with me making a poor solder connection, maybe even up at con3.  The bridge to C35 came at a later attempt.  I was so surprised that I did it and even more surprised that I didn't notice it before testing the pod.

Looking at the brd file:
R46 Pin 1  goes something referenced N31930727 on the board
R46 Pin 2 goes to DGND

C35 Pin 1 goes to N31930727
C35 Pin 2 goes to N31930664

It looked like the short went from pin 1 to pin 1. The components are tiny so maybe I shorted C35 itself.

I also started the pod at 1200MHz - I feel kind of dumb admitting that.
I had to post my failure.  I want to focus on fixing it if I can.  Turn a negative into a positive.

ZiG - Can we put a resistor between Con3 pin3 and C38 pin1 or C40 pin1 or C41 pin1 or C43 pin1?  

Thank Amix for the helpful advice.  I'll focus on cleaning the pins for now.  The underside is clean.  

Any, all suggestions, tips, advice for what to do and what to check are welcome.

Check your crystal!!! just inspected mine and found a small dent in the top - caught possible from when fitting the top and maybe overtighted a bit too much. the dent fits exactly where the edge of the central heatsink block is. darn it. time to get the drimmel out again. hopefully it aint damaged it too much. oh well looks like crystal swap is in the pipline - upgrade the crystal anyone? thinking maybe a 33mhz in there Wink.

the frequency wont have fried it i had mine at over 2200MHZ back in the ealry days of this thread - got too many hadware errors though!

Oh something of importance :i just plugged my new gridseed into a 5v yes thats right 5v power supply.i had one laying around and was just about to chop the barrell connector off it when i had the idea. guess what its running fan going and its hashing away. i set it low so its hashing at 650mhz wiht the autotunne cpuminer so lets see how it goes. looks promising certainly for cutting the wattage down at any rate! 24hr from now ill be overclocking it.

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 01:51:06 PM

I could screw up any mod  Smiley I bet.  Sorry ZiG - I'm not blaming you at all.  I did the first pod and it has run for several days.
Re: C35 - the clicking came before accidentally bridging that.  I took photos and planned to post them. It looked good from several angles.
I suspect the clicking has to do with me making a poor solder connection, maybe even up at con3.  The bridge to C35 came at a later attempt.  I was so surprised that I did it and even more surprised that I didn't notice it before testing the pod.

Looking at the brd file:
R46 Pin 1  goes something referenced N31930727 on the board
R46 Pin 2 goes to DGND

C35 Pin 1 goes to N31930727
C35 Pin 2 goes to N31930664

It looked like the short went from pin 1 to pin 1. The components are tiny so maybe I shorted C35 itself.

I also started the pod at 1200MHz - I feel kind of dumb admitting that.
I had to post my failure.  I want to focus on fixing it if I can.  Turn a negative into a positive.

ZiG - Can we put a resistor between Con3 pin3 and C38 pin1 or C40 pin1 or C41 pin1 or C43 pin1?  

Thank Amix for the helpful advice.  I'll focus on cleaning the pins for now.  The underside is clean.  

Any, all suggestions, tips, advice for what to do and what to check are welcome.

Check your crystal!!! just inspected mine and found a small dent in the top - caught possible from when fitting the top and maybe overtighted a bit too much. the dent fits exactly where the edge of the central heatsink block is. darn it. time to get the drimmel out again. hopefully it aint damaged it too much. oh well looks like crystal swap is in the pipline - upgrade the crystal anyone? thinking maybe a 33mhz in there Wink.

the frequency wont have fried it i had mine at over 2200MHZ back in the ealry days of this thread - got too many hadware errors though!

Oh something of importance :i just plugged my new gridseed into a 5v yes thats right 5v power supply.i had one laying around and was just about to chop the barrell connector off it when i had the idea. guess what its running fan going and its hashing away. i set it low so its hashing at 650mhz wiht the autotunne cpuminer so lets see how it goes. looks promising certainly for cutting the wattage down at any rate! 24hr from now ill be overclocking it.

amix, are you saying you're feeding the 12V power with 5V? That can't be good for it Wink Oh and watts are watts no matter the supply voltage. In fact, if you feed it less than the required voltage, current draw hence power consumption will go up! Not down. Sorry, matey!

happydaze

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:52:15 PM

gtraah - they are the same according to the docs https://github.com/gridseed/usb-miner/tree/master/hardware and assuming they are right.

Should be 4 in that general area.

FB27, FB28, FB23, FB24
FERRITE BEAD_R1206_300OHM@100MH
Value: 300ohm@100MHz,3A

Anyone know of a free dsn viewer? I can't open that file from the github docs.

Thanks for your help amix - time for me get get working on that pod.
amix

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:04:03 PM

IF I understand your scribble, no, I didn't invent the mod, obviously. Evidently neither did Nemercry based on his being accused of copying it from someone on another forum. Maybe it was your idea originally but you didn't fly with it so others took up the task since several of us were looking for a way to overclock our pods.
I never claimed any of the mods were my origination! Never! But I did come up with a simpler way to change R52 (R139) using a standard 1/4W axial resistor, and I came up with the most efficient value of 49.9k where power usage and max profit go. I also came up with the 5V USB mod.
Some say that 47k works the best for them but I doubt they can achieve the same results with the same low number of HW errors or less.
Anyway, this is all part of a group based evolution to achieve an end result for the benefit of all miners. My goal was 24/7 operation and maximum profit from my miners. I have achieved this weeks ago now and I am happy with the results. R52 mod IS the ONLY way to go IMO and I'm sticking with it. Wink

Your totally right, i didnt run with it not for being afraid or anythgin i was simple waiting for my parts to arrive - they took nearly 2 weeks darn it! -. Yep total credit for the 5v fan mod.
Now i have an improvement on the 5v fan mod - 5v gridseed! yes its running with 5v! Spare power supply i had for a usb hub i blew by mixxing up the power supply and pluggin 12v into it -my other hub all use 12v.

You know if this works out then the 5v fan mod is gonna be no longer needed. burn in first then i start trying to overclock it while running it under 5v.
THIS IS ALL TOTALLY NEW AND IS NOT CONFIRME IN EITHER WAY - GOOD OR BAD!

R52/R139 MOD : intresting enough i came across an article in chineese and after a bit of translation turns out there is the r50 resistor as well. Checking the schmatic its 33k grounded. appears this has some influence on your voltage and hashrate. the trick is to get it to 33k. its a 1% resistor 0402 series, but it could vary and this variance afffects the overclokc voltage and hence your succesfull hashrate and hardware errors. I suggest checking it, if it more than 33k pencil mod to bring it down to 33k if its less, then either swap it or increase the resistor for the R52 mod. Im still trying to gather date to calcualte how it affects everythig, but the are related. says the optimal voltage is 1.71-1.72v.

This variance could explain why people are getting so much variance in results hash rate wise. so while 47K mihgt be good for one due to variance in resistor even at 1% its not forced to be the best for another grid!

If folks could take readings of resistance across R50, R52 (AKAR139) and the voltage across R52 maybe we can calaute the formulea to produce the required values. if you have these values PM me more data the better fit i can get.
cbutters

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:11:23 PM

:EDIT: If I remove the --log parameter it doesn't freeze.  When I add it back in, it freezes after just a minute or two.

I can report this same issue, I'm trying it now without --log to see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: ALSO THANKS SANDOR! This new minerd design is awesome, its great to be able to see the status of all the miners at once and I love the autotuning feature too!

Are notices like this normal:
Got nonce b713e899, Hash <= Htarget! (0x627 

never saw messages like that when gpu mining. I know nonce errors are bad, but is that message above just a normal working output?
gtraah

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:30:46 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 02:40:56 PM by gtraah

gtraah - they are the same according to the docs https://github.com/gridseed/usb-miner/tree/master/hardware and assuming they are right.

Should be 4 in that general area.

FB27, FB28, FB23, FB24
FERRITE BEAD_R1206_300OHM@100MH
Value: 300ohm@100MHz,3A

Anyone know of a free dsn viewer? I can't open that file from the github docs.

Thanks for your help amix - time for me get get working on that pod.

I think this is it on EBay, can someone please confirm - I just dont want to make a mistake thanks boys!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KOA-1206-Chip-Ferrite-300-Ohm-CZB2BFLTE301P-100pcs-/400231544721?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2fa8b791&_uhb=1

Edit: And I have now pulled off the burned chips cleaned out around there with some Metho & toothbrush, I can now see the shiny contacts to solder the new ferrite... I thought I am going to try plug only the usb in and see if windows picks it up, YES, I loaded Cgminer to see if this picks it up, YES... So now i either try bypass it and hope it doesnt ruin any other chips or just buy the ferrites and wish for the best..

If somone can confirm they are the right ones i will order them now.
gtraah

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:02:19 PM

Hmm I dont think the above ebay link is the correct one as I found out the part number and its 300ma which equals 0.3amp Where as I should be getting 3A I am guessing... Any atleast this one here shows the exact numbers so I will order.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10x-742792121-FERRIT-SMD-300OHM-3A-1206-RoHs-/111311029878?pt=Bauteile&hash=item19eaa78676&_uhb=1
michelem
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 03:24:46 PM

Git and binaries have been updated.
TUI is included, and a number of bugs have been fixed.
A number of useful commands have been added, check --help for more info.
Win: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttqa9p851siz8oi/minerd-gc3355.zip
Rpi: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc3lvysi8vtrt00/minerd-gc3355

Great job!

I'm developing a basic web monitor for sandor-cpuminer, here you can see a very-alpha screenshot:

It looks like nice but if I could have direct JSON stats via http instead create a socket, this could be more useful and easy to use, because I could give a simple html file which you can use without installing anything on the raspberry or where you put the "minerd" command. (simply tell me the IP and API port and I will fetch data via getJson method).

Do you think is possible to add a http API call?

Then, I saw the '{"get":"stats"}\n' command doesn't work always, many times I receive no response, may be for timeout issue, did you experience something like this?

Many thanks again.

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:28:30 PM

wow you guys rock on the CPUminer development right now, very nice!
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: