Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:45:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Habanero - 650GH/s - OOS  (Read 95983 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:17:43 PM

is there any plans on bulk pricing discounts? How many units min. would that be?

Cheers,
QG
There might be some bulk pricing, but the levels are still something that haven't been determined. Shoot us an email and we can discuss it.

What's the price you guys are aiming for ?

Ping

...Pong... Grin

Price estimate...Huh
Still undetermined, it's hard to set a price without having final numbers on what the performance will come in at. I should have the assembly quote here shortly though, so we will know better soon.

As a general note, we're working through some firmware issues right now. The good news is that we are talking to the ASIC, but porting the HashFast code to do what we want is taking a little longer than expected. Hashing feels like it's moments away, but as is often the case here as soon as you get through one issue, it seems like another pops up. Smiley Sorry for the lack of updates, it's just been a lot of coding and testing as we work to get everything running.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:52:45 PM

Still undetermined, it's hard to set a price without having final numbers on what the performance will come in at.

One way to set a price is to add up your parts costs, assembly labor cost,  and development time invested, and add a profit margin - leaving performance out of it. 

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:52:23 PM

Still undetermined, it's hard to set a price without having final numbers on what the performance will come in at.

One way to set a price is to add up your parts costs, assembly labor cost,  and development time invested, and add a profit margin - leaving performance out of it. 
Smiley Performance affects some of those items. Depending on what we can push the chips to, it's possible we might need/want cooling on the VRM section, which adds additional cost and assembly time to the board.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:27:39 PM

http://peppermining.com/hashing-has-started/
And it works! It was a little late by the time I got it set up so I just tossed it up at a clock rate I felt comfortable with overnight so it's not tuned or being pushed, but here we go. Smiley
SVK

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:35:24 PM

And it works! It was a little late by the time I got it set up so I just tossed it up at a clock rate I felt comfortable with overnight so it's not tuned or being pushed, but here we go. Smiley

Good job Smiley
Lets get them boards out.
How many chips you have ready for a first batch ?

Thank you
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:37:48 PM

Great job guys! Can wait to buy one of them!

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:45:09 PM

SUPER, MrTeal,...Congrats...!

Are you planning to use Technobit's services to assembly this design as well...?

Wish you a good luck, guys...

ZiG

SVK

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:22:08 PM

Are you planning to use Technobit's services to assembly this design as well...?

Technobit services ?  Shocked

MrTeal can you elaborate on this please ASAP ?

If you are going to use them I'm immediately buying Ants instead of your boards which I hope would not be a case.

Thank you very much
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:37:23 PM

Technobit services ?  Shocked

If you are going to use them I'm immediately buying Ants instead of your boards which I hope would not be a case.

Thank you very much
No, we don't use Technobit to assemble the design. With the Chili, there were a couple other group buys of BFL chips in Europe run by Lucko and Marto74 of Technobit who had been working on a board but it didn't pan out. We licensed our design to Lucko and he made boards for his group buy participants as well as Marto's GB.

ZiG, we don't have any plans the license the design or have a European assembly house at this time. Not ruling it out, but TBH the last time we did it there were issues, and we want to keep everything in-house for at least the first little while before we explore that road.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:44:39 PM

looking forward for some "HOT" stuff mr.teal. hope it's gonna be competitive & not a LOUD hair dryer mining board. will be great if we can integrate aftermarket CPU cooler + some air cooling !!!
SVK

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:03:10 PM

Thank you very much
No, we don't use Technobit to assemble the design. With the Chili, there were a couple other group buys of BFL chips in Europe run by Lucko and Marto74 of Technobit who had been working on a board but it didn't pan out. We licensed our design to Lucko and he made boards for his group buy participants as well as Marto's GB.

ZiG, we don't have any plans the license the design or have a European assembly house at this time. Not ruling it out, but TBH the last time we did it there were issues, and we want to keep everything in-house for at least the first little while before we explore that road.

Thank you very much  Smiley
SVK

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:04:57 PM

looking forward for some "HOT" stuff mr.teal. hope it's gonna be competitive & not a LOUD hair dryer mining board. will be great if we can integrate aftermarket CPU cooler + some air cooling !!!

These are water cooled. MrTeal mentioned that.
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:08:34 PM

We will be working on profiling the board over the next few days seeing what coolers and psu's work and well the best part seeing what we can push this to.  As soon as Teal gets me one of the prototype boards I can start to post progress on this!

We are very excited to finally have it hashing and well everything is looking damn good so far Smiley Stay tuned and if you want to be notified when he store opens up I would head on over to our site and sign up for the newsletter, also if your planning on doing bulk orders it would be good to contact us via our form on the site as well so we can start to lay out plans on how to fulfill all orders. http://peppermining.com
Abraxas601

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:23:27 PM

As a hobbyist and DIY person I'm looking forward to a product that supports a variety of off the shelf power, cooling, and mounting solutions that allows me to come up with creative ways to support the product in my own environment.

Complete products like the Antminers are nice but I get a lot more enjoyment playing with very basic products that allow me to be creative.
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:08:10 PM

Thank you very much

Hi MrTeal...

The only reason I mentioned Technobit was the Chilly assembly/production...

Just wondering...after having successful prototype...where do you plan to have them assembled...?

BTW...I am computer engineer ... Master degree...35 years experience...in Orlando Florida...Have some abilities to help...If interested don't hesitate to PM me...

Regards,

ZiG
Spotswood

Activity: 512

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 11:03:46 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 12:04:12 AM by Spotswood

I've designed and built open-air cases for most of the custom ASICs.  If anyone needs a mounting solution for their Habanero, feel free to PM me.

Here's a case I made for the Chili:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304250.msg4096020#msg4096020

smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:49:19 PM

Congrats! 
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 12:34:58 AM

so, how's the tuning going? more importantly, any update one time-frames and prices? cause I'm on the fence with a May SP10, or I presume 2 x Habaneros and I'm about to ready to take the next step  Smiley

Cheers,
QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
SVK

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:54:38 AM

Any updates ?  Grin
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:06:03 PM

It's going well. I haven't done as much testing as I'd like since I sent out the boards I made to ChipGeek and Gateway for testing/coding purposes. Firmware work is coming along well, and will be done by the time we're ready to assemble them.

The current plan is to have the assembly house accept all the parts by May 6th for kitting in order to have assembly start May 9th, with surface mount, through hole and test occurring concurrently the following week. The production revision of the PCB has been sent to the board house, and they will be ready in time to be delivered on the 6th.

I'm currently bench testing a board to get a better handle on the numbers to give us some baselines that all the boards should hit and that we feel comfortable advertising the board at, as well as testing more extreme situations in order to push the limits. Once that's done we'll open the store here right away to orders.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: