Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:10:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Habanero - 650GH/s - OOS  (Read 95987 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:40:32 PM

Is it too late to get into batch 1?
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:13:24 PM

We can squeak you in if you can get your order in by tonight.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:47:02 PM

A quick fun little thing while we're getting everything together (the PCBs came in today, yay!)
I didn't like the noise in my office while working, so I've been downclocking the one I have in here during the day. I mixed it up today though, just to see how far I could push it.

Running at 450MHz (theoretically ~345Gh/s, getting just under 340GH/s poolside), and pulling 241W from the wall. That's 0.71J/GH at the wall, air cooled.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:11:15 PM

That's sweet.

Do you guys plan to have a suggested cooling and power system to get the most out of the board?
SVK

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:25:11 AM

So people who don't do pre orders will not have opportunity to buy ?
I was putting off purchase of ANTs since I have heard of your product.

Truly disappointed that you didn't clarify that you will try to sell BATCH 1 on pre orders and have no plans to sell of the shelf product Sad

Why did you do that ?
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:23:24 AM

AMC has in stock units with apparently fast shipping, 999 for up to 750GH/s (+/-20%)

Your best bet for cooling should be a Corsair i80 or above, as watercooling is superior in this high density environment.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:36:37 AM

Truly disappointed that you didn't clarify that you will try to sell BATCH 1 on pre orders and have no plans to sell of the shelf product Sad

Why did you do that ?
I think there might be some confusion here, which is probably our fault. I'm not sure on Swimmer's case, but we have two types of customers. One is buying retail boards; the other is getting us to mount their chips (purchased or settlement) onto boards. The latter has a hard deadline on when they can get chips to us, while the former more subject to us being out of stock.

We obviously only have a limited stock of boards that we'll be making in any one batch and so it's possible that they could all sell out prior to shipping, but that hasn't happened yet. Preorders are better for us and lets us expand the batch size, but there aren't any plans to do only preorders. Ideally we'd like to move to more continuous production, but that will be a little down the road after more growth.

There should be some stock get added once the batch is done though. We're being conservative in our yield estimates, so we'll probably find we have more boards to sell once we get get through the batch see what the actual numbers are.
SVK

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:12:12 PM

Why did you do that ?
I think there might be some confusion here, which is probably our fault. I'm not sure on Swimmer's case, but we have two types of customers. One is buying retail boards; the other is getting us to mount their chips (purchased or settlement) onto boards. The latter has a hard deadline on when they can get chips to us, while the former more subject to us being out of stock.

We obviously only have a limited stock of boards that we'll be making in any one batch and so it's possible that they could all sell out prior to shipping, but that hasn't happened yet. Preorders are better for us and lets us expand the batch size, but there aren't any plans to do only preorders. Ideally we'd like to move to more continuous production, but that will be a little down the road after more growth.

There should be some stock get added once the batch is done though. We're being conservative in our yield estimates, so we'll probably find we have more boards to sell once we get get through the batch see what the actual numbers are.

Thank you very much MrTeal for explanation.

So I might end up never buying miner by looks of it ?  Sad
Lesson learned.

Thank you and good luck  Smiley
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:38:44 PM

I don't think his post means what you think his post means.
SVK

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:08:22 PM

I don't think his post means what you think his post means.

Grin well, sort of diplomatic answer from MrTeal.
If I understand it correctly it can take months until some of the boards might be available(people don't buy as many as they predicted). Small batches of 20 boards will sell quickly. Of course batches can be bigger but they are primarily focused on selling as much as possible through pre orders. Which is inevitable unless you have a lot of cash available to buy boards and chips and sell of the shelf.

Now I know that I should have bought Ants 1 1/2 month ago.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:11:47 PM

Now I know that I should have bought Ants 1 1/2 month ago.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:37:39 PM

Why did you do that ?

Mr. Teal - so had I ordered in time for Batch 1, when would my board have shipped?  Retail board - your chips.
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:51:06 PM

Mr. Teal,

Can you provide:

(1) a table or graph showing hash rate x power consumption x clock speed (for your board, not the chip).

(2) a picture of the back of the board showing the back side heatsink and dimensions of the board and heatsink together? 

Thanks!

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
henriquelb

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

Account was hacked and now reclaimed.

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:08:42 PM

Too late to join on the first batch?
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:12:43 PM

Why did you do that ?

Mr. Teal - so had I ordered in time for Batch 1, when would my board have shipped?  Retail board - your chips.
We'll have boards coming off the line next week, though the number that will get through program and test is uncertain at this point. Conservatively say the week after that. We haven't sold all the retail boards from batch 1 though, so there are some still available.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:13:52 PM

Too late to join on the first batch?
For getting chips mounted, yes. For just buying a board, there are still some available.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:26:26 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 05:34:27 AM by GenTarkin

There gonna be another batch w/ chips?

I am confused, why is it still for sale on ur site if cant get board + chips anymore?
Or is both chips + board assembled still avail for purchase @ 1100...

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:29:24 PM

I am confused, why is it still for sale on ur site if cant get board + chips anymore?
What we're selling on the website is just a full board, add a cooler and power supply and you're good to go. We still have some of those available from batch one. We're also looking at a second batch following a little more than a week behind.
The assembly service is a little more complicated to set up since we need to have a good conversation with the customers about timelines, whether chips are in hand, getting them to us in time, things like that. That cutoff has past so customers with chips in hand would get taken care of in the second batch now.
SVK

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:46:09 PM

What we're selling on the website is just a full board, add a cooler and power supply and you're good to go. We still have some of those available from batch one. We're also looking at a second batch following a little more than a week behind.
The assembly service is a little more complicated to set up since we need to have a good conversation with the customers about timelines, whether chips are in hand, getting them to us in time, things like that. That cutoff has past so customers with chips in hand would get taken care of in the second batch now.

Call me completely confused or even stupid Sad

What is advertised on your web page ?

Retail, private, corporate, local or international, single or multi ?

For us foreigners it's hard to get what is going on. I'm checking this thread every day and yesterday someone from your team declared that it is too late to purchase board with chip on it.
This board with chip was never I mean never for sale yet  Huh So when did you manage to sell them ? Is there another site ?

Are you selling boards ?
Are you selling chips ?
Are you selling board and chip unmounted ?
Are you selling board and chip mounted ?
Does the "board" mean with chip or without chip ?

I'm personally completely lost Sad
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:08:16 PM

Call me completely confused or even stupid Sad

What is advertised on your web page ?

Retail, private, corporate, local or international, single or multi ?

For us foreigners it's hard to get what is going on. I'm checking this thread every day and yesterday someone from your team declared that it is too late to purchase board with chip on it.
This board with chip was never I mean never for sale yet  Huh So when did you manage to sell them ? Is there another site ?

Are you selling boards ?
Are you selling chips ?
Are you selling board and chip unmounted ?
Are you selling board and chip mounted ?
Does the "board" mean with chip or without chip ?

I'm personally completely lost Sad
We're selling boards with chips on them. It's a complete retail product, and we started selling it a little while ago once the prototype was done and we starting ordering everything for retail production. You add a cooler, plug in a power supply, and start mining with it. There's no explicit dates involved with these, though as some point we'll run out of Batch 1 boards (the stock on the store will go to 0) and we'll start selling boards that will be produced in Batch 2.

We do offer assembly services where if you have your own HashFast chips we'll build them into Habaneros as well, just contact us at peppermining@gmail.com to discuss that. That's not listed on the website, though I'll try to get it added today so that it's explicit that there is a difference between the two.

Again, I believe the comment by gateway was just a bit of confusion on our end. We still have some unsold B1 boards and we'll let you know when all the B1 ones are gone, although we don't expect a large gap between the first and second runs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: