Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:46:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Habanero - 650GH/s - OOS  (Read 95987 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:52:50 PM

I just gave 3/4 of habanero to UK government. Pat Man get something sorted Smiley

I feel your pain.......
We won't get an EU distributor set up for this batch. Going forward we might, but we'd be wanting to do some due diligence there and make a trip to meet the potential partners, so it would be after we're certain there's still chips available after tomorrow.

However, if it works out well for EU customers we could definitely support a group buy or two. I am not sure how the VAT works over there, but if there is a benefit to it we could definitely work with someone / some people to (legally) help EU customers avoid paying excess tax.

Through the "Isle of Man" perhaps..

Huh You guys don't really understand VAT do you. (not you MrTeal, thats understandable)

Selling it via a UK/EU reseller won't make any difference. The price will still need to have VAT added on to it for consumer sales.

The reseller will have to pay VAT to get them into the country, you think he's not going to charge VAT on top of the price? Firstly he has to by law if he is VAT registered, secondly even if he isn't VAT registered he has to recoup the VAT he paid to import them.

So it won't make much difference paying VAT yourself to bring them in or paying to the EU/UK reseller when you checkout.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:58:51 PM

Since the price dropped, may consider buying one.
Whats the best way to cool these again? I dont got all day to read through entire thread =P
Also, whats average hashrate w/ said good cooling?

Thanks
I am averaging a solid 700 on properly cooled boards. I've tried a couple different coolers. The best performance is on one where I used a CoolerMaster 240L with some upgraded fans. It will do 700GH pretty easy with temps below 90. Still tweaking and will post up more details when I get them dialed in.

If I used a 80i .... what do u think I could expect from it? Does the smaller setup make a ton of cooling performance difference?
The benefit of the bigger radiator is that it's easier to get enough air through it to cool the chips. The double radiator has (all things being equal in fin density) twice the surface area of the single one, so you need less airflow to get the same cooling effect. Not only that, but since you need less airflow for the same cooling but can use twice as many fans they can run much slower. I have a Habanero with a Swiftech H220 (similar to a Glacier 240L with a bit slower pump and much slower (55CFM vs 86CFM) fans) running behind me in my office right now, and while it's only running at 800MHz it is very quiet  and visitors don't even notice it running until they see it as ask what it is. Similar cooling with an H80i would require a much louder fan.

Now, if you can get a good price on an H80i and don't mind the noise you can use a massive fan to get good performance. I don't think that the tradeoff is worth it though, unless you're really space constrained. It's usually only another $20 or less to get the double radiator.

Awesome, thanks for explaining. On that note, you think the performance of H100i would be similar to the glacier 240L?

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:59:06 PM

I just gave 3/4 of habanero to UK government. Pat Man get something sorted Smiley

I feel your pain.......
We won't get an EU distributor set up for this batch. Going forward we might, but we'd be wanting to do some due diligence there and make a trip to meet the potential partners, so it would be after we're certain there's still chips available after tomorrow.

However, if it works out well for EU customers we could definitely support a group buy or two. I am not sure how the VAT works over there, but if there is a benefit to it we could definitely work with someone / some people to (legally) help EU customers avoid paying excess tax.

Huh You guys don't really understand VAT do you. (not you MrTeal, thats understandable)

Selling it via a UK/EU reseller won't make any difference. The price will still need to have VAT added on to it for consumer sales.

The reseller will have to pay VAT to get them into the country, you think he's not going to charge VAT on top of the price? Firstly he has to by law if he is VAT registered, secondly even if he isn't VAT registered he has to recoup the VAT he paid to import them.

So it won't make much difference paying VAT yourself to bring them in or paying to the EU/UK reseller when you checkout.

I do not know the VAT laws myself but my understanding is if MrTeal opened this for EU/UK it would be to license the board spec to be produced and chips populated locally in the EU/UK... unless I am mistaken...

Does VAT still apply to that?

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:04:12 PM

The website is updated now. Batch 2 started testing today, and boards will ship June 9th. Pricing for Batch 2 is $850.
Sucks ass for anyone who hasn't received their boards yet and you price drop. oh, I haven't received my boards yet...
Code:
Your order was shipped on Monday 2nd June 2014 via *USPS*.

I mean; It was only shipped on the 2nd and price drop batch 2 ships in less than 1 diff change on the 9th. I understand the need for prices changes but i feel pretty rotted.

c'mon, give me at least a discount on my next order?

Sour pepper,
QG
To be fair, you did order a pre-order and it shipped less than a week after the order was placed. We did try to get them all out by the end of last week, but a couple of the orders from last week didn't make it out until Monday. We do our best to get everything out as soon as possible.

As for the price change, we did have some debate over how to handle this. There really isn't a great way to do it, but it seemed a natural break as we're essentially done batch one and there is a break now before batch two. Batch two originally wasn't supposed to happen so quickly, but the assembly house essentially started work on batch two right after batch one finished, so the break is only on the order of a week instead of the longer one we thought we'd have. Our costs have come down between the batches, so we're just trying to pass the savings on and stay competitive in the marketplace.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:06:36 PM

I feel your pain.......

I do not know the VAT laws myself but my understanding is if MrTeal opened this for EU/UK it would be to license the board spec to be produced and chips populated locally in the EU/UK... unless I am mistaken...

Does VAT still apply to that?

Even if everything can be sourced locally the company producing the boards would have to pay VAT on the parts, in Europe you have to pay VAT on everything, but then you have to charge VAT on everything if your turnover is over a specific amount per year, or if you expect your turnover to be over a specific amount per year. As I said even if you don't VAT register (because your turnover is below the threshold) you would still need to recoup the full price of whatever components and work needed to be done.

Definitely the best way to do it to produce the cheapest miners would be to build locally from as many locally sourced components as you can, I don't know what the markup on these fully populated boards are but I am sure there would be a substantial amount. Now perhaps MrTeal would require some sort of license fee or cut from a EU manufacturer.

But also remember with a full manufacturing setup you will probably have much higher 3rd party costs and staffing/warehousing etc. Also you would have to get a CE mark which can cost quite a lot to get started. Plus there is corporation tax, liability insurance etc etc etc.

Maybe an already existing company could be found to either resell or more such as minereu.com

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:11:44 PM

paypal payment option for US buyer?  Grin
LOL... I think I need a holy water bath after reading that. No, no paypal. Smiley
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:17:12 PM

Any chance to get a package to write the firmware to Habanero boards ?

I hope that may fix the USB communication issue that I have with one board that is sitting idle for the last 2 days.

Here are the cgminer 4.3.4 errors on the board init:

Code:
 [2014-06-01 12:43:48] RES: Hashfast (7:24) lock ok=1
[2014-06-01 12:43:48] USB init, kernel attached ... - HFA device 7:24-i1
[2014-06-01 12:43:48] USB init, kernel detached ifinfo 0 interface 1 successfully - HFA device 7:24-i1
[2014-06-01 12:43:48] USB init - HFA device 7:24-i1 usbver=0200 prod='M1 Module' manuf='HashFast LLC' serial='d8cdc131329685845fd9de4cdd506e5f'
[2014-06-01 12:43:48] HFA : Sending OP_NAME frame
[2014-06-01 12:43:48] USB: HFA0 read1 buffering 32 extra bytes
[2014-06-01 12:43:48] HFA: Returned an OP_NAME
[2014-06-01 12:43:48] HFA: Found device with name dd506e5f
[2014-06-01 12:43:48] HFA : Sending OP_USB_INIT with GWQ protocol specified
[2014-06-01 12:43:49] HFA0: HFGetHeader (amt=0 err=-7 ern=0)
[2014-06-01 12:43:50] HFA0: HFGetHeader (amt=0 err=-7 ern=110)
[2014-06-01 12:43:51] HFA0: HFGetHeader (amt=0 err=-7 ern=110)
I got an email that the replacement board got delivered today. I tested it overnight on Sunday prior to shipping it yesterday, so there shouldn't be any issues with it. Sorry for the problems, we'll get the returned board tested and see what the issue might have been.
hashfun

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:19:07 PM

Hello,

how to contact peppermining.com? the verification image on Contact us page not works.

br
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:31:05 PM

Hello,

how to contact peppermining.com? the verification image not works.

br
peppermining@gmail.com
Sorry about the captcha, we'll either get it fixed or removed.
hashfun

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:41:18 PM

Hello,

how to contact peppermining.com? the verification image not works.

br
peppermining@gmail.com
Sorry about the captcha, we'll either get it fixed or removed.

Email sent fast reply wil be appreciated Wink
gateway

Activity: 552

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:41:56 PM

Btw, after testing a bunch of h80i's and the h80i clone from coolmaster I have to say my new favorite cooler is the Cool Master Glacer 240L, its a dual radiator system and has a nice big pump for the cooling head.  You can get them from Amazon here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJYNM4M.  I do still recommend a replacing the fans if you really want to push this board.  I have one San Ace 120 12 volt server fan connected to where the pump line inputs are to cool it down and I have to say its quite good compared to a single h80i. 

Of course since we cant test every combination we would love to hear what you guys are using and see some pictures!

Cheers!

Random pic of the day.. kinda reminds me of bringing Frankenstein alive!

GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:46:51 PM

Btw, after testing a bunch of h80i's and the h80i clone from coolmaster I have to say my new favorite cooler is the Cool Master Glacer 240L, its a dual radiator system and has a nice big pump for the cooling head. 

What are you able to do on the Hab w/ an H80i? ... clocks / temps?

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
JakeTri

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:00:06 PM

Any chance to get a package to write the firmware to Habanero boards ?

I hope that may fix the USB communication issue that I have with one board that is sitting idle for the last 2 days.

Here are the cgminer 4.3.4 errors on the board init:

Code:
 [2014-06-01 12:43:48] RES: Hashfast (7:24) lock ok=1
[2014-06-01 12:43:48] USB init, kernel attached ... - HFA device 7:24-i1
[2014-06-01 12:43:48] USB init, kernel detached ifinfo 0 interface 1 successfully - HFA device 7:24-i1
[2014-06-01 12:43:48] USB init - HFA device 7:24-i1 usbver=0200 prod='M1 Module' manuf='HashFast LLC' serial='d8cdc131329685845fd9de4cdd506e5f'
[2014-06-01 12:43:48] HFA : Sending OP_NAME frame
[2014-06-01 12:43:48] USB: HFA0 read1 buffering 32 extra bytes
[2014-06-01 12:43:48] HFA: Returned an OP_NAME
[2014-06-01 12:43:48] HFA: Found device with name dd506e5f
[2014-06-01 12:43:48] HFA : Sending OP_USB_INIT with GWQ protocol specified
[2014-06-01 12:43:49] HFA0: HFGetHeader (amt=0 err=-7 ern=0)
[2014-06-01 12:43:51] HFA0: HFGetHeader (amt=0 err=-7 ern=110)
I got an email that the replacement board got delivered today. I tested it overnight on Sunday prior to shipping it yesterday, so there shouldn't be any issues with it. Sorry for the problems, we'll get the returned board tested and see what the issue might have been.
Replacement board is working fine at 800MHz.

Thank you!

BTC donations always welcome: 1JakeTriwbahMYp1rSfJbTn7Afd1w62p2q
gateway

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:24:01 PM

Btw, after testing a bunch of h80i's and the h80i clone from coolmaster I have to say my new favorite cooler is the Cool Master Glacer 240L, its a dual radiator system and has a nice big pump for the cooling head. 

What are you able to do on the Hab w/ an H80i? ... clocks / temps?

Their are a lot of variables that you need to consider.

OEM H80i from CoolIT with San Ace 120 12v Server fan
875-850Mhz, temps around 100c (depends on ambient temp of the room also, and how well you have the cooling head applied).
Results may very.
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:23:31 PM

Just put in an order for 2 x Habeneros.  I will be experimenting with a dual pump high pressure custom liquid cooling system that I plan to cram into a 4U case I have (from an old busted Avalon clone).  As soon as I have everything working I will post here with results.  Should be able to get to 700 Gh/s with this per card; maybe a lot more.

Setup:

DPS-2000BB with sidehack's power adapter (and IBM server 2000 watts super efficient supply, extra room for overclocking)
Phobya 5 Bar (about 167 feet water) triple 120mm (50mm thick) G Changer radiator
Delta PFB1212UHE-F00 fans (triple, for radiator) which put out a hurricane force wind of 252 cfm EACH (not for home use, these are 60+ decibal fans)
Koolance RP452X2 reservoir-pump combo with upgraded dual Swiftech 655-B pumps in series (should reach about 4-5 Bar pressure at about 2-4 L/m flow rate)
XSPC RayStorm special copper edition lga 1366 cooling blocks
1/4" ID x 3/8" OD Tygon lab grade tubing

This is my first liquid cooling foray, but I did a lot of research into optimizing for maximum head pressure (using commercially available parts, anyways) and reliability (since this will be in a data center, failure is bad).  The dual pumps double head pressure, and add safety margins as a failure of one pump will not be fatal immediately (the other pump should continue to supply cooling albeit at half the pressure).  Even a single pump on this is improved over the H100i system though.  Once I get everything working, I may add some kind of controller for safety.

If possible, I plan to mount the cards on their edges in parallel using PCB card slots I found on mouser.  I plan to put a rail of some kind across the top of the case and mount a card slot on the top and bottom of the case for each card.  I got a variety of different card slots so I will have to report back which work.  If that fails, I have some other ideas, maybe will use risers and stack the cards but that is not optimal.

At frozencpu, my entire purchase (include tubing, screws of various kinds, and compression connections) was about 1.59 BTC.  Add to that 2.5 BTC for the 2x Habeneros, and I have a 4.09 BTC cost for about 1.4+ Gh/s system (throw in $80 for the power supply and sidehack board).  Not cheap, but about the same price as a Spondoolie SP10 but with the benefit that (1) I can re-use every component (except the Habenero of course) in my next miner project, and (2) I will be able to use an rPi to control/tweak/optimize.

Anyone with great experience in custom liquid cooling that might have suggestions (or especially if there is a major issue in my equipment selection) please feel free to PM or post here!!!!

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 08:48:51 PM

Huh You guys don't really understand VAT do you.

There are many ways to play this game  Wink

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:06:44 PM

Just put in an order for 2 x Habeneros.  I will be experimenting with a dual pump high pressure custom liquid cooling system that I plan to cram into a 4U case I have (from an old busted Avalon clone).  As soon as I have everything working I will post here with results.  Should be able to get to 700 Gh/s with this per card; maybe a lot more.

Setup:

DPS-2000BB with sidehack's power adapter (and IBM server 2000 watts super efficient supply, extra room for overclocking)
Phobya 5 Bar (about 167 feet water) triple 120mm (50mm thick) G Changer radiator
Delta PFB1212UHE-F00 fans (triple, for radiator) which put out a hurricane force wind of 252 cfm EACH (not for home use, these are 60+ decibal fans)
Koolance RP452X2 reservoir-pump combo with upgraded dual Swiftech 655-B pumps in series (should reach about 4-5 Bar pressure at about 2-4 L/m flow rate)

This is my first liquid cooling foray, but I did a lot of research into optimizing for maximum head pressure (using commercially available parts, anyways) and reliability (since this will be in a data center, failure is bad).  The dual pumps double head pressure, and add safety margins as a failure of one pump will not be fatal immediately (the other pump should continue to supply cooling albeit at half the pressure).  Even a single pump on this is improved over the H100i system though.  Once I get everything working, I may add some kind of controller for safety.

If possible, I plan to mount the cards on their edges in parallel using PCB card slots I found on mouser.  I plan to put a rail of some kind across the top of the case and mount a card slot on the top and bottom of the case for each card.  I got a variety of different card slots so I will have to report back which work.  If that fails, I have some other ideas, maybe will use risers and stack the cards but that is not optimal.

At frozencpu, my entire purchase (include tubing, screws of various kinds, and compression connections) was about 1.59 BTC.  Add to that 2.5 BTC for the 2x Habeneros, and I have a 4.09 BTC cost for about 1.4+ Gh/s system (throw in $80 for the power supply and sidehack board).  Not cheap, but about the same price as a Spondoolie SP10 but with the benefit that (1) I can re-use every component (except the Habenero of course) in my next miner project, and (2) I will be able to use an rPi to control/tweak/optimize.

Anyone with great experience in custom liquid cooling that might have suggestions (or especially if there is a major issue in my equipment selection) please feel free to PM or post here!!!!
One thing is that the hole spacing is different between LGA1366 and LGA115x. I would guess the Raystorm is universal, but make sure it supports the same 75mm hole spacing as LGA115x.
gateway

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:07:41 PM

Setup:

Looking forward to see what you can do!  Also note the back-plate can get quite hot and depending on how much you push the board you might need to cool them a bit.

SVK

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:40:18 PM

Setup:

One thing is that the hole spacing is different between LGA1366 and LGA115x. I would guess the Raystorm is universal, but make sure it supports the same 75mm hole spacing as LGA115x.

Yep,
I have 3 waterblocks which are small 60mm Sad
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:41:34 PM

The Habanero looks like a very good product that is also priced competitively.

The timing of batch 2 doesn't work well with my vacation plans, otherwise I would order a unit or two.

Most US mining hardware manufacturers are complete embarrassments, so hopefully you guys can keep up the good work and grow!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: