Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:47:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Habanero - 650GH/s - OOS  (Read 95987 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Majixagi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:47:53 PM

cygwin maybe?

has not sold out
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:15:28 PM

I don't think it exists.
@Gateway, @MrTeal: could we gain your opinions on whether the HF-Tool will/would work under windows. After a quick look. The tool is built from Python, uses pip to install pyusb.

Pip comes standard with Python 3.4 install. And the board identification code seems like it wouldn't be tied exclusively to linux.

Either willing to try it?

Pip installation instructions: stackexchange link

I have tried this. I installed the usb dependencies with pip and tried to run hftool. I got 'HFBulkDevice not found' about every second in a loop. I haven't dug into the hftool code to find what is causing this error, but I can confirm it doesn't work on windows.

I woulnt hold my breath on windows hf tool, however someone has taken the time to take the python code and convert it to be used in cgminer, read though this thread to see the work on it.. You can see the commits here and he has send a pull request to Con to see if he would integrate it into the latest cgminer.
ZBC3

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:57:07 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 10:24:20 PM by ZBC3

I am extremely pleased with my Habanero purchase. From checkout to delivery the entire experience has been transparent and satisfying. If you are happy with your purchase and with the support Mr. Teal and Gateway provide on the forums, then you should give their username's a positive trust rating. Might as well let others know that they are trustworthy enough to do business with.
SVK

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:48:45 PM

I am extremely pleased with my Habanero purchase. From checkout to delivery the entire experience has been transparent and satisfying. If you are happy with your purchase and with the support Mr. Teal and Gateway provide on the forums, then you should give their username's a positive trust rating. Might as well let others know that they are trustworthy enough to do business with.

Done Smiley
coolmining

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:09:41 PM

Yes, I can report as well that the Corsair H100i stand offs are too high. My Habanero came in today (yes!) but as I started installing the H100i, the CPU block did not fix properly. Going to go try to find something that will work for myself. Just beware if you order this water cooler you may need to use some different stand offs.

Have received my 2 Habanero boards.

Tried to fit the Corsair H100i and it seems the 115x stand offs are too high. The CPU block has about 5mm of space to move up and down. The LGA2011 stand off did the trick but had to source 4 separate 4mm nuts to screw it down. Still to be tested.

While I was sourcing the 4mm nuts, I also started setting up the XSPC Water Cooling Kit for the 2nd board.

More pics can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/SMBJP

While I have both boards ready with water coolers installed and powered up, I keep getting the following errors on cgminer:

Code:
[2014-06-10 23:21:10] Hashfast detect (2:17) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)
[2014-06-10 23:21:15] USB init, open device failed, err -3, you don't have privilege to access - HFA device 2:17-i1

ha and it just occurred to me that I didn't run cgminer with sudo .. this may be the cause of my errors.. will attempt to run again later tonight after work. Silly me.

Back to work i guess,
QG
gateway

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:49:14 PM

Thanks, its been an interesting road for us on this project and also it was also quite exciting to go from start of a new design to final production and out the door in a few months.
xjack

Activity: 539

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:57:26 AM

Done.

Pepper Mining, you rocked these boards.  Thanks!

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:11:25 AM

I have 3 of your boards and am very happy with each.  When will more be available?
joeltang

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:32:02 PM

just got my Habanero batch#2 yesterday.  This is my first mining project so I'm very anxious as you can imagine.
My 1000w power supply hasn't arrived yet but I've been attempting to use a number of smaller power supplies.

A problem I've run into that is likely not Habanero related is that the smaller power supplies are tripping under-voltage protection upon power up.
However, one of my supplies remains active enough to wake up the Habenero but when I run the miner I get a USB power supply error of some sort.
I've noticed some text mentioning Hashfast so I think that stuff is coming from the board which I find encouraging.

I've noticed some people modify old supplies to disable the under voltage shut down: http://planetimming.com/atx_mod/atx_mod.html  I may have to try this as I do not want to wait a week to start mining.

I also noticed my older supplies have a 4 pin 12V ATX connector vs. the 6 pin PCI-E connector but the pin-out is such that they should work, so I don't think this is the problem.

This is not a request for help but I'm putting my experience out there to discuss with others who may be going through similar challenges.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

just got my Habanero batch#2 yesterday.  This is my first mining project so I'm very anxious as you can imagine.
My 1000w power supply hasn't arrived yet but I've been attempting to use a number of smaller power supplies.

A problem I've run into that is likely not Habanero related is that the smaller power supplies are tripping under-voltage protection upon power up.
However, one of my supplies remains active enough to wake up the Habenero but when I run the miner I get a USB power supply error of some sort.
I've noticed some text mentioning Hashfast so I think that stuff is coming from the board which I find encouraging.

I've noticed some people modify old supplies to disable the under voltage shut down: http://planetimming.com/atx_mod/atx_mod.html  I may have to try this as I do not want to wait a week to start mining.

I also noticed my older supplies have a 4 pin 12V ATX connector vs. the 6 pin PCI-E connector but the pin-out is such that they should work, so I don't think this is the problem.

This is not a request for help but I'm putting my experience out there to discuss with others who may be going through similar challenges.
Are you plugging the 4 pin CPU power connector into the 6 pin power connector on the board? Do not do that, the power and ground are reversed on them, and bad things will happen.
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 03:46:04 PM

what's your next chip? or potential candidates for your next product/board?

Cheers,
QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:57:39 PM

So are these all currently sold out for batch 1 & 2?  When is the next batch?

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
achtung082

Activity: 358
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:50:02 PM

Cheers,
QG

Also interested to see whats next.

Support sidehack projects: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
My Sales Wallet BTC:bc1qxtxsc86lessnrsm52gf7qgmqle75htdr03zdd7 - LTC:LNLKyKkGNCJakZudGjc2qg26yYz7oeo92k - ETH:0xDf1b17872D9Ff22F04270BbDA13556B3E1649E27
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:12:53 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 05:23:05 PM by GenTarkin

So, the voltage tool... I got it working, does it require setting custom voltages across power cycling? Or does it maintain the settings Ive specified?

I love the tool btw, I got one of my habs at .81v(under load) @ 725mhz @ 550GH @ 590 wall watts(can do 750mhz as well but keeping lower so my PSU stays alive).
With the 280L, fans @ 100 .. the above settings yields a hottest core of 80C ... cant wait to get my PSU's to power these puppies.
Having said that, changing voltages, in the slightest, makes a huge difference in power & temp on these things.

Ive also noticed that cores will "drop out" momentarily if the voltages are too low at a given clockspeed even before HW% becomes an issue.

----
On another note, I think gateway said it, but Im gonna reiterate the importance of head pressure when screwing it down onto the chip, DO NOT do it too tightly, I was looking at the board sideways and I can see the actual PCB of the package(PCB the dies set on, not the PCB of the main board) bowing because the dies were being pushed so hard down into it.

Since then Ive loosened all screws a great deal and maintain same cooling temps.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
joeltang

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:22:11 PM

Are you plugging the 4 pin CPU power connector into the 6 pin power connector on the board? Do not do that, the power and ground are reversed on them, and bad things will happen.

That would explain a lot.  I looked it up but must have mistaken it to be compatible since the pins are shaped to allow a connection.  I find it strange that they would flip the grounds and 12V lines.  But I am also glad to hear that this may be the real reason behind the issue.  Do I absolutely need to supply 12V to all 4 PCI-E connectors or are they optional?

Joel
SVK

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:27:42 PM

Cheers,
QG

How are your waterblocks performing ?
If I remember correctly you have got XSPC waterblock. I'm using cheap china stuff and would like to buy new ones.
joeltang

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:42:14 PM

I measured the pins and they are compatible and aren't reversed as you suggested.  I was hoping this was the case.   Huh
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:59:50 PM

I measured the pins and they are compatible and aren't reversed as you suggested.  I was hoping this was the case.   Huh
Yes, they are. Sorry for the crappy quality picture, but I wanted to get this up ASAP before you try it again.

Top one is PCIe, bottom is CPU. Notice that the PCIe has the grounds closest to the locking tab, while the CPU has 12V closest to the locking tab.
joeltang

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:06:10 PM

I was just coming back to post a correction when I seen your post.  I agree with you my mistake.  I'm happy you are right.
gateway

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:35:18 PM

So, the voltage tool... I got it working, does it require setting custom voltages across power cycling? Or does it maintain the settings Ive specified?

I love the tool btw, I got one of my habs at .81v(under load) @ 725mhz @ 550GH @ 590 wall watts(can do 750mhz as well but keeping lower so my PSU stays alive).
With the 280L, fans @ 100 .. the above settings yields a hottest core of 80C ... cant wait to get my PSU's to power these puppies.
Having said that, changing voltages, in the slightest, makes a huge difference in power & temp on these things.

Ive also noticed that cores will "drop out" momentarily if the voltages are too low at a given clockspeed even before HW% becomes an issue.

----
On another note, I think gateway said it, but Im gonna reiterate the importance of head pressure when screwing it down onto the chip, DO NOT do it too tightly, I was looking at the board sideways and I can see the actual PCB of the package(PCB the dies set on, not the PCB of the main board) bowing because the dies were being pushed so hard down into it.

Since then Ive loosened all screws a great deal and maintain same cooling temps.

Check out this post, maybe that helps you understand the drops when using the Pepper App and some suggestions what to do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: