Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:53:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Habanero - 650GH/s - OOS  (Read 95987 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:43:59 AM

In the spirit of "optimization", I have a board that we swapped out for a customer that had a die down. I'm going to send it back to the assembly house to get it xrayed to see if there is a cracked ball under the ASIC for that die, but before I did I wanted to see how far I could push just 3 dies where in theory thermals should be less of an issue.

The interesting thing is that each PCIe plug is its own rail, with its own 6 phase VRM feeding one die on its own plane. It's not like the VRM for the phase that's down is helping out; it's not even turned on. The only difference between 3 dies as 1050MHz and 4 dies at 1050Mhz is getting the heat away.
I really think I need to buy some of that Cool Labs liquid metal TIM (despite the risks) and hook up a real water block to the municipal water supply, just to see if I can get 1050 on a fully working chip.

Get some you will be amazed. My Terraminer's temps were 100°+ Celsius before I applied Liquid Pro. Now they are in the 50° Celsius range.
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:58:22 AM

this might be a cgminer config issue but can anyone help me with this error?
"HFA : OP_USB_INIT failed! Operation status 20 (regulator programming error)
edit:using cgminer 4.3.4

Now I get this one: "OP_USB_INIT: Tossing packet, valid but unexpected type 144"

Can someone point me in a direction?  I'm lost.

I had a similar error, but I cant remember if it was the exact same. My issue was a missing WinUSB driver. I installed the missing driver using zadig (http://zadig.akeo.ie/), and haven't had any issues since.

I'm okay now, it wasn't clear to me that power was required on all four plugs.  (at least it is in my case)  USB errors are for the most part gone.

My cooler has yet to arrive and I'm reaching thermal overload rather quickly even with "--hfa-hash-clock 100".
I'm assuming this is normal behavior without a cooler on board.  I'm going to see how much hashing I can achieve with my cpu air cooler resting on the die with the fan on it.  

WOW... before you blow yours up... just send it to me... 4 pin... then not using all 4 PCIe plugs... and running it without a cooler? You're gonna break this thing if you don't just wait for your gear... that it has not died already is a testament to Dr Teal + teams excellent work.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
joeltang

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:07:27 AM

Now I get this one: "OP_USB_INIT: Tossing packet, valid but unexpected type 144"

I had a similar error, but I cant remember if it was the exact same. My issue was a missing WinUSB driver. I installed the missing driver using zadig (http://zadig.akeo.ie/), and haven't had any issues since.

I'm okay now, it wasn't clear to me that power was required on all four plugs.  (at least it is in my case)  USB errors are for the most part gone.

My cooler has yet to arrive and I'm reaching thermal overload rather quickly even with "--hfa-hash-clock 100".
I'm assuming this is normal behavior without a cooler on board.  I'm going to see how much hashing I can achieve with my cpu air cooler resting on the die with the fan on it.  

WOW... before you blow yours up... just send it to me... 4 pin... then not using all 4 PCIe plugs... and running it without a cooler? You're gonna break this thing if you don't just wait for your gear... that it has not died already is a testament to Dr Teal + teams excellent work.

Tell me about it.  But in my defense, there is absolutely no instructions available for this unit on peppermintmining.com.  I had to figure everything out by other means and am surely lacking information.

Edit: I was told that I wouldn't be able to blow it up without a fan since it has thermal protection.  Currently running with a temporary air heat sink at 75MHz with a temperature of 99C.  Is that bad too?
daemonfox

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:32:24 AM

Tell me about it.  But in my defense, there is absolutely no instructions available for this unit on peppermintmining.com.  I had to figure everything out by other means and am surely lacking information.

Edit: I was told that I wouldn't be able to blow it up without a fan since it has thermal protection.  Currently running with a temporary air heat sink at 75MHz with a temperature of 99C.  Is that bad too?

I would say I sympathize (a little) but I followed this and the Chili threads from the start, and the OP shows the board's 4 PCIe connectors, talks about the cooling options and suggestions, the power requirements, and how all 4 power connectors work independently so you could use individual small PSUs with decent single rails if desired.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
joeltang

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:36:18 AM

it's my first time mining for real.  I've tinkered on a pc before but that's not real is it?
xjack

Activity: 539

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:37:00 AM

Edit: I was told that I wouldn't be able to blow it up without a fan since it has thermal protection.  Currently running with a temporary air heat sink at 75MHz with a temperature of 99C.  Is that bad too?

That temp is safe, mine are running 95-103 depending on ambient.

No idea if running that slow can cause damage, but it certainly won't ROI anytime soon!  Cheesy

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
daemonfox

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:56:49 AM

it's my first time mining for real.  I've tinkered on a pc before but that's not real is it?

At least you found the best miner out right now... hands down nothing hashing right now is better than these quality and efficiency wise.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
joeltang

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:58:35 AM

I heard about these through a borrower on BTCjam.  I checked it out and bought one just on time.
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:03:40 AM

Is there any chance for a Batch 3?  Or is that still in the works?
joeltang

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:05:04 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay on details about another batch. There's a couple things involved with this. The first is Batch 2 availability; this run is completely sold out of boards that passed at speed, but we still have boards left. Some of those will be outright write-offs, but some just have issues like there's a solder bridge between pins or have a resistor that got placed off kilter, and they just need to have that touched up and they're good to go. Right now we're waiting to see how many of those we'll have available.
On top of that, we have a few boards with one bad die, or that some reason don't pass test at stock speed and voltage, but that do hash otherwise. Those need to be retested and we need to figure out what to do with them, whether they get sold at a discount, we keep them, etc.

On batch 3, it's still up in the air a little bit unfortunately. I would say it's pretty likely at this point, but we're just waiting on confirmation of a couple big orders that would make is feasible.
It's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario, we need a certain quantity to justify a batch, but we don't want to do presales through the website without knowing for sure that the batch is 100% or having to delay it waiting for more people since that's not fair to any of you. Getting a couple big orders signed up makes it possible to pull the trigger without us having to lay out mid six figures of our own money to pre-buy everything (which we wouldn't have anyway), or put ourselves in a situation where we might not be able to provide what we promised within a reasonable period of time. I hope to know more here in the next day or two.
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:06:54 AM

Ty.

Hopefully some big orders come in.  Interested in building a few setups.
achtung082

Activity: 358
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:55:14 AM

I would avoid the beaglebone for now, it has a hot plus usb issue that doesnt seem to be fixed even in some of the beta kernels.. anyhow just my 2 cents since I tried to get one working and just gave up.

It's running fine for me on the 5-14 Debian firmware.  Are you running an Angstrom release?

Edit: Reading comprehension - hotplug.  I tend to power-cycle to reboot miners so I forgot that the habanero must be plugged from bootup.
I have 2 boards running on a version C BBB, seems to be working so far. Will keep an eye on it..

Support sidehack projects: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
My Sales Wallet BTC:bc1qxtxsc86lessnrsm52gf7qgmqle75htdr03zdd7 - LTC:LNLKyKkGNCJakZudGjc2qg26yYz7oeo92k - ETH:0xDf1b17872D9Ff22F04270BbDA13556B3E1649E27
maxwellga

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:08:47 AM

I would very much like to buy at least 1 from either batch 2 rework, or batch 3. I can buy one now and a second within a week. I have used several of the Chili miners from Mr. Teal (still running one), and am impressed with the quality, performance, and most important, tech advice. Please find a way for me to get one or two.

thanks,
MaxwellGA
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 1854

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:28:42 AM

If I got the coin when they're available I'd probably pick up a semi-questionable board as well. Messing with hardware is half the fun, right? Or is it two-thirds of the fun?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:52:08 AM

Count me in for 2 boards of the next batch.
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 06:08:53 AM

How are your waterblocks performing ?
If I remember correctly you have got XSPC waterblock. I'm using cheap china stuff and would like to buy new ones.

The XSPC Raystorm Kit is preforming well. ~10c cooler than the H100i. and I am only using 2 of the 3 fans on the radiator. I haven't got past 100c and been trying 999mV.

I plan on getting another matching XSPC Raystorm water block and connecting it to the same radiator and pump. So I'll have dual Habaneros running off the back of the mdf frame below.

More pics here: http://imgur.com/a/SMBJP

Cheers,
QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:12:53 AM

I would avoid the beaglebone for now, it has a hot plus usb issue that doesnt seem to be fixed even in some of the beta kernels.. anyhow just my 2 cents since I tried to get one working and just gave up.

It's running fine for me on the 5-14 Debian firmware.  Are you running an Angstrom release?

The odroid u3 is a good alternative http://hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php  I ditched all my pi for them due to usb issues

Wow, those look awesome! ... question, will minepeon work on it?

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:11:13 AM

Now that's a good looking board!!  Sure wish I could afford one.  The two chilis I purchased sometime back have been running more reliably than the BFL unit(s) I purchased. 

*Keep up the great work MrTeal and hopefully I'll be in a position to buy from you again soon.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
SVK

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:28:20 AM

How are your waterblocks performing ?
If I remember correctly you have got XSPC waterblock. I'm using cheap china stuff and would like to buy new ones.

The XSPC Raystorm Kit is preforming well. ~10c cooler than the H100i. and I am only using 2 of the 3 fans on the radiator. I haven't got past 100c and been trying 999mV.

I plan on getting another matching XSPC Raystorm water block and connecting it to the same radiator and pump. So I'll have dual Habaneros running off the back of the mdf frame below.
More pics here: http://imgur.com/a/SMBJP

Cheers,
QG

That's fantastic Smiley

I have read reviews and comparison test for blocks and found that this block is apparently better than XSPC http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Alphacool-NexXxoS-XP-sup3;-Light-Black-Chrome-Edition_38388.html

Would you mind to buy that block instead of XSPC and test it out ? Smiley

http://www.overclock.net/t/1411620/review-cpu-cooler-roundup-nine-water-coolers-in-test-alphacool-aquacomputer-ek-waterblocks-koolance-phobya-swiftech-xspc
i3luefire

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:29:26 PM

when is batch 3?
I wish I would have known you were making these before.

EDIT: sorry. I see this question has already been addressed. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519943.msg7298223#msg7298223
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: