Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:20:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Habanero - 650GH/s - OOS  (Read 95983 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:57:11 PM

I have an interesting issue that just started on a board:

When plugging in to a controller it looks like the board isn't communicating via USB. However power is flowing because the red LEDs light up... just no communication between the PC and the board.

As an additional data point I can plug the USB cable into a different Hab and the OS sees it immediately.

Could it be a firmware problem? Or a USB chip issue?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:53:39 PM

Hey Peppermining team. Last week my Habanero Board v1.2 started to emit a beep (or the Cooler Master 240M) upon restarting cgminer. I have been following this thread as it was first reporting the board at 0C 100% 0.00V. Subsequently I checked my PCI-E pins on the back of the board and they all report 12.22V. After doing some more digging around the forums it appears that my firmware for the Habanero is incorrect as it should have version 0.5 but cgminer reports it as 0.4. Attach is a screenshot to show what verbose mode is spitting out at the launch of cgminer. Is it possible to get the current firmware so I can re-flash the board? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure where cgminer is pulling that information from, but unless it's some buried thing from an old HF version it should be reading 0.5. We've never done anything 0.4. Send me an email at mrtealasic@gmail.com ad I'll get you the FW files.
The core power fault is given when there is an issue turning on the VRMs. Were you making any physical changes to the board when it started doing this?
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:56:53 PM

When plugging in to a controller it looks like the board isn't communicating via USB. However power is flowing because the red LEDs light up... just no communication between the PC and the board.

As an additional data point I can plug the USB cable into a different Hab and the OS sees it immediately.

If you try plugging it into another board or another computer and running lsusb, do you see the board listed?
jerbin

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:11:00 PM

There is input voltage monitoring, and an overvoltage shutdown if the input voltage goes over spec. It could be possible that if your supply is idling quite high and there is some voltage sensing circuitry on the supply that isn't connected, you could have enough overshoot to trip that protection. It would be hard to see with a multimeter, but you could be going over 13.2V.

Try connecting the voltage sense lines as klondike_bar suggested to get the voltage back to 12V, and see if that fixes the issue.

This sounds like the most likely candidate to me.  In my testing these supplies operate at the high end of the ATX accepted range though still within it.  What is the exact voltage cut off for the habanero to shut itself down if it is less than the accepted range it could be causing the shut down.

The current sense wire that people are talking about is already connected on these boards.  What is the voltage range that the Habanero accepts is there any way to adjust that to see if that is the issue?
ATX spec is +/-5%, up to a maximum of 10% at peak loading. The VRM will shut down after I believe 5ms above 13.2V.

I agree, under load I typically measure 12.55v and 12.8 max when not loaded and with no connectors attached.  Should be well below 13.2v though.  Unfortunately I don't have a Habanero to play with so it is hard to diagnose what the issue maybe remotely.

Edit: To close the loop on this I'm told a firmware update fixes this issue.

Thanks MrTeal and thread members for all your help.. Everything is running now! No power issues.

What fixed it was a firmware update (Specially made from the PepperMining guys to handle the voltage with the Gigampz setup).

Having 9 (2 more to go, but had to leave the country on work stuff) Habaneros setup you can image the heat! I am now looking for ways to lower the heat so I can push the MHz up.

Ambient temp in this country (34 degrees Celsius outside) is unfortunately an issue as well, so aircon is running to try and keep the room at about 24 degrees Celsius.

I have a 30" industrial ventilation fan running which pushes about 10,000CFM but I feel the coverage area isn't big enough for 9 Habs on multiple shelving.

My next thought would be to have 2 fans at either end of the Hab board moving air across it and away from the board. Or maybe only a single 250CFM fan is needed.

Any fan recommendations?

Anyone have 5+ Habs in a single room? How are you handling cooling?

jerbin

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:50:05 PM

I have a dual boot mac system (mac / windows) and I can't seem to get these boards to recognize due to a driver issue.

In windows I tried ZADIG but get a Driver Installation Failed: (resource already exists). So tried Mac, but can't seem to find any information on mac drivers or how to get them going.

Are there drivers for Mac for these board? Anyone know why Zadig is throwing that error (is it because im running windows on a mac??)

nexus99
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:29:29 PM

I'm running this same environment. Can you post a screen print of what your zadig looks like?  Make sure to check show all items.
Ski72

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Kinex - The New Frontier

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:50:43 PM

I have a dual boot mac system (mac / windows) and I can't seem to get these boards to recognize due to a driver issue.

In windows I tried ZADIG but get a Driver Installation Failed: (resource already exists). So tried Mac, but can't seem to find any information on mac drivers or how to get them going.

Are there drivers for Mac for these board? Anyone know why Zadig is throwing that error (is it because im running windows on a mac??)

though I'm not running Windows on a Mac, I had a similar problem and couldn't figure out why Zadig wasn't working.  I went into device manager and was able to get it setup that way.

Hope it helps ... Ski

Please help support our disabled veterans - support the *DAV*
1P8CuGjdAbnxRQxyHqwxrEq8iTyD5UgAyi
As a 100% service connected disabled Navy Veteran, every bit helps! Wink
jerbin

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:55:24 AM

I'm running this same environment. Can you post a screen print of what your zadig looks like?  Make sure to check show all items.

http://s27.postimg.org/wsxocs7nn/zadig.png
nexus99
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:12:44 AM

Interesting. It should show up as M2. I have a board where it doesn't show up at all in zadig.
jerbin

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:44:40 AM

Interesting. It should show up as M2. I have a board where it doesn't show up at all in zadig.

That is what it is showing in Windows device manager as well. I am running windows 7 on my mac laptop
qumqats

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:59:41 AM

Does anyone have any perl code, or can point me to code, that will let me manipulate the speed and voltage of the dies on a Hab board?

I'm trying to dynamically adjust the speed of the boards as the temperature changes.

I'm not using any A/C, only outside air, and over the course of the day the temp goes up and down and the boards need to be adjusted in turn.

Right now I'm modifying the *.conf files and then restarting cgminer, I'd like to do something a little more elegant.

ADVthaAnksNCE
SVK

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:17:01 PM

Does anyone have any perl code, or can point me to code, that will let me manipulate the speed and voltage of the dies on a Hab board?

I'm trying to dynamically adjust the speed of the boards as the temperature changes.

I'm not using any A/C, only outside air, and over the course of the day the temp goes up and down and the boards need to be adjusted in turn.

Right now I'm modifying the *.conf files and then restarting cgminer, I'd like to do something a little more elegant.

ADVthaAnksNCE

I have exactly same issue Sad
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:22:15 PM

I just wanted to give a shout out to Mr. Teal and Pepper Mining.  I can't remember the last time I had to touch these miners.  They just run.  I think it's been at least 2 weeks.  I have some other equipment from small / independent manufacturers and I have to babysit it daily.  I have to restart my Drill Bit miners 2-3 times a day.  Thankfully it's an easy remote deal.  But these Habs are flawless.
I hope you make more, but even if you don't, you have made me some coin Mr. T.  Thank you.
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:26:53 PM

I just wanted to give a shout out to Mr. Teal and Pepper Mining.  I can't remember the last time I had to touch these miners.  They just run.  I think it's been at least 2 weeks.  I have some other equipment from small / independent manufacturers and I have to babysit it daily.  I have to restart my Drill Bit miners 2-3 times a day.  Thankfully it's an easy remote deal.  But these Habs are flawless.
I hope you make more, but even if you don't, you have made me some coin Mr. T.  Thank you.

Same thing here. They just run and run. Great stuff!

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
nexus99
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:15:12 PM

If you try plugging it into another board or another computer and running lsusb, do you see the board listed?

Ive tried across several pieces of hardware.
currently I have the board plugged into the same machine that is running another HAB board.

Ive swapped out all the cables and ports and in all cases "board 1" is recognized and runs but "board 2" is not recognized as being there. Board 1 shows up as "M1 Module" in zadig.  The number of USB devices does not change as I add board 2.  I think lsusb is a Linux command... I am all windows here. Zadig should be pretty close to the same for listing USB devices though.

The odd part is that the USB connected LEDs glow when plugged into USB... but there is no communication. Do you guys do paid repair work on these boards by any chance? I bet its something like a challenged USB controller on the board or something similar.
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:31:26 PM

Ive tried across several pieces of hardware.
currently I have the board plugged into the same machine that is running another HAB board.

Ive swapped out all the cables and ports and in all cases "board 1" is recognized and runs but "board 2" is not recognized as being there. Board 1 shows up as "M1 Module" in zadig.  The number of USB devices does not change as I add board 2.  I think lsusb is a Linux command... I am all windows here. Zadig should be pretty close to the same for listing USB devices though.

The odd part is that the USB connected LEDs glow when plugged into USB... but there is no communication. Do you guys do paid repair work on these boards by any chance? I bet its something like a challenged USB controller on the board or something similar.

I used to get a similar behavior last year with USB block erupters, sometimes an inactive or "unplugged" USB with the wrong driver was locked to a couple of the USBs.  My machine would even make the device plugged sound, but it would never show up. 

I've since gone to linux-only mining controllers, but cleaning up the inactive and hidden devices solved it for me then, maybe an option for you?

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/504/how-to-uninstall-hidden-devices-drivers-and-services/

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Ski72

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Kinex - The New Frontier

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:29:55 PM

That is what it is showing in Windows device manager as well. I am running windows 7 on my mac laptop

so, in device manager, it shows up as an unknown device as well?
hmm ...

Please help support our disabled veterans - support the *DAV*
1P8CuGjdAbnxRQxyHqwxrEq8iTyD5UgAyi
As a 100% service connected disabled Navy Veteran, every bit helps! Wink
jerbin

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:07:24 AM

so, in device manager, it shows up as an unknown device as well?
hmm ...

Solved.. It was the usb cable.. I am not sure if it is faulty or it cant handle 2 metres. I had a smaller one here and it detected as M1.

Thanks for all your help
jerbin

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:19:37 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 12:30:55 PM by jerbin

[HABANERO FOR SALE]

I am looking at selling some of my tasty Habaneros (with regret).

Reason is I didn't have time to set all of them up before leaving the location where they are hosted for work and have a few spare.

They have been all tested and haven't been overclocked at all.

They are paired with a Coolermaster Nepton 280L cooler and 1000watt HP Server PSU. Comes with all cables and usb. You just need a controller.

Shipping will be with a reputable courier like Fedex or DHL as I don't want these damaged on the way to you Smiley. Shipping is within 24 hours of receiving payment providing it isn't a weekend then it will go out Monday.

Payment is in BTC and gateway or MrTeal can verify my purchase of 11 Habaneros.

Here is a image of it hashing directly at the pool:

http://s29.postimg.org/7b4w1vuyf/Screenshot_2014_06_30_19_53_24.png

And here is the Habanero setup:

http://s27.postimg.org/3ulo1dw3n/IMG_20140630_200257.jpg

PM me if you are interested.
stlcoin

Activity: 63

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 09:47:50 PM

Want to thank the 3 wiseman for amazing support and FACT is I mistakenly sent BTC to their account and they returned it in FULL.

A friend told me of getting much higher than 750 GHS using.
 http://www.frozencpu.com/products/3784/thr-26/Coollaboratory_Liquid_PRO_Thermal_Interface_Material.html?id=5ZLs3MS4&mv_pc=148
video of him applying the paste..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBffN6y_ujg&feature=youtu.be
Didn't get the type of CPU cooling unit he used. 

Happy Mining All!
Rick

Follow @STLcoin on twitter and get 20 STL free, cheers
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: