Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:17:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1259993 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jegersmart

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 08:31:16 PM

If order today when I will receive the miner?

Shipping in 7 days as the topic says

First sample sent out yesterday and no tests yet and people have ordered? 7 days - is that realistic?

J

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:33:40 PM

That's an extremely limited warranty period.
We'll review our policy compare to the acceptable in the market and might revise it.

I thought the policy should be in accordance with the hardware not with the market.

Edit: Ok so April batch is out, where are the May, June etc batches?

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 08:50:00 PM

Edit: Ok so April batch is out, where are the May, June etc batches?
We'll open May batch soon.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 08:51:43 PM

A quick update on current status.

The SP10 units for April are sold out.
The bundle which includes shipment of SP10 in March is sold out.

Due to request coming in we are opening yet another batch of the SP10 - Dawson for the first half of May.

This means that you can now order one of the following:

• SP10 1.4 TH/s shipping early May
  • SP10 1.4 TH/s shipping in April + SP30 5.4 TH/s shipping in July
  • SP30 5.4 TH/s shipping in August

We are trying to keep up with demand and are very happy to answer any questions you might have at info@spondoolies-tech.com

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
phroyRov6

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:55:17 PM

Due to request coming in we are opening yet another batch of the SP10 - Dawson for the first half of May.

We are trying to keep up with demand and are very happy to answer any questions you might have at info@spondoolies-tech.com

Shouldn't the May batch be at least a little bit cheaper than the April one?
For example, Bitmain lowered the price of their second batch of S2 miners by $300 from the original price of the first batch.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:04:05 PM

Same price, but delivery 2-4 weeks later it's a big no no for me. I really wanted to order one SP10 unit, but i couldn't find enough information about the PSU. I don't want a fire hazard and i don't know how long will the PSU last before going dead.

I have a question about SP30. As i read in the product information you will have a chip that can pump 300GH/s. How do you plan to cool it? Looking at your competition KnC has a chip that can do ~170 GH/s and they have a big ass radiator for every chip. HashFast has a chip that can pump 750GH/s and it is water cooled. Bitmine.ch has a chip that does ~25GH/s and they need a big ass radiator too. Your case for SP30 makes me think that you will have the same construction as SP10, but somehow it doesn't feel right. Could you please explain a bit?

gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8343

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 01:17:03 AM

I have a question about SP30. As i read in the product information you will have a chip that can pump 300GH/s. How do you plan to cool it? Looking at your competition KnC has a chip that can do ~170 GH/s and they have a big ass radiator for every chip. HashFast has a chip that can pump 750GH/s and it is water cooled. Bitmine.ch has a chip that does ~25GH/s and they need a big ass radiator too. Your case for SP30 makes me think that you will have the same construction as SP10, but somehow it doesn't feel right. Could you please explain a bit?
The answer there would appear to be that they expect significantly greater power efficiency.  Normally I would recommend extreme caution: Getting power estimates vastly off appears to be par for mining hardware companies— but in this case they apparently have a first chip in operation.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:34:15 AM

The answer there would appear to be that they expect significantly greater power efficiency.  Normally I would recommend extreme caution: Getting power estimates vastly off appears to be par for mining hardware companies— but in this case they apparently have a first chip in operation.

I think they changed the description from the SP30 product. Now i see that their chip will do 187 GH/s at 0.38W/GH which translates to 71W per chip on a "23 mm x 23 mm HFCBGA with stiffener" area. How big is the KnC chip?(just to compare)

I wonder what was the estimate on their SP10 chip and if they got it correctly because every power estimate was off on every asic chip.

surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:46:32 AM

I would buy if I could afford  Grin
pmorici

Activity: 479

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:49:19 AM

Does anyone think the Bundle will turn a profit?  If you separate the costs out and do the math for the 12% discount the units cost 7.326 and 17.593 BTC for the SP10 and SP30 respectively.  The SP10 looks like a good deal with a good chance chance of a small ROI.  On the other hand unless the difficulty increases average 13% or less through the end of 2014 the SP30 will never ROI.  Looking at historical difficulty there have been periods like that in the past toward the end of the GPU era for example in 2012 but is ASIC mining tech really mature enough to assume difficulty growth will slow to those levels and stay there for 9+ months?

On another note, the terms of sale definitely say that none of the advertised dates are guaranteed and there is no recourse for late delivery.  Based on my past experience with ASIC equipment companies those kinds of terms are just unacceptable to me.  The customer's and the company's interest just aren't aligned when the payment is upfront and late delivery has no consequence.  It looks like a really nice machine though.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:27:31 AM

Is no one going to ask the really important question? The elephant in the room... where the name originates?

Spondoolies really?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:31:17 AM

Does anyone think the Bundle will turn a profit?  If you separate the costs out and do the math for the 12% discount the units cost 7.326 and 17.593 BTC for the SP10 and SP30 respectively.  The SP10 looks like a good deal with a good chance chance of a small ROI.  On the other hand unless the difficulty increases average 13% or less through the end of 2014 the SP30 will never ROI.  Looking at historical difficulty there have been periods like that in the past toward the end of the GPU era for example in 2012 but is ASIC mining tech really mature enough to assume difficulty growth will slow to those levels and stay there for 9+ months?

On another note, the terms of sale definitely say that none of the advertised dates are guaranteed and there is no recourse for late delivery.  Based on my past experience with ASIC equipment companies those kinds of terms are just unacceptable to me.  The customer's and the company's interest just aren't aligned when the payment is upfront and late delivery has no consequence.  It looks like a really nice machine though.

" It looks like a really nice machine though"...and a really nice BITE...I will pass...for now...Later...Maybe... Wink
ZiG

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:35:06 AM

Is no one going to ask the really important question? The elephant in the room... where the name originates?

Spondoolies really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spondoolies ... Wink
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:40:12 AM

Spondoolies really?

Damn... never heard that before I assumed it was made up. LoL my google fingers are broken I guess. Thanks.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:46:12 AM

Spondoolies really?

Yes the name is infantile and absurd, but the elephant in the room is that the thread is self-moderated.

Bicknellski

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:50:34 AM

Spondoolies really?

Yes the name is infantile and absurd, but the elephant in the room is that the thread is self-moderated.

I was joking about the name being important. Self-moderated or under moderated like many others is not much of concern. Failure to ship on time that is the test here for this company. Given they got chips, miners and working miners at that the real issue is volume and shipping now.

seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:56:01 AM

Among all the miners, this got the best design i've seen so far.
ZiG

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:59:36 AM

Spondoolies really?

Damn... never heard that before I assumed it was made up. LoL my google fingers are broken I guess. Thanks.

No problem, buddy...I was more then glad to do this for you...so you can save your fingers for some other Things... Smiley

On the serious note: ...sounds like "Show me the money"...another red flag for me...smells a little fishy... Wink
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:27:20 AM

Spondoolies really?

No problem, buddy...I was more then glad to do this for you...so you can save your fingers for some other Things... Smiley

On the serious note: ...sounds like "Show me the money"...another red flag for me...smells a little fishy... Wink

I think you got a situation here that is dead simple considering they are sold out. Wait and see if people get their 1st run miners as promised... but that is not harbinger of the 2nd round or 3rd round or 4th round. You pays your money you takes your chances. Given the people backing this like Meni and the video it is pretty legit so far.

Proof will be in delivery times and chip supply. With limited runs of miners there could be 2 reasons for that that come to mind and there are probably a lot more. 1. Chips are in short supply so they can't build unlimited numbers to keep them in stock. 2. Do they have the funds beyond putting together small production runs or are they slowly stepping up production cautiously.

We all loved the Avalon till we didn't love the Avalon.
We all loved BitFury till...
We all loved the KnC till...
We all love the Antminer but...

No one really loved BFL they were just aholes day one.

ZiG

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:31:55 AM

Spondoolies really?

I think you got a situation here that is dead simple considering they are sold out. Wait and see if people get their 1st run miners as promised... but that is not harbinger of the 2nd round or 3rd round or 4th round. You pays your money you takes your chances. Given the people backing this like Meni and the video it is pretty legit so far.

Proof will be in delivery times and chip supply. With limited runs of miners there could be 2 reasons for that that come to mind and there are probably a lot more. 1. Chips are in short supply so they can't build unlimited numbers to keep them in stock. 2. Do they have the funds beyond putting together small production runs or are they slowly stepping up production cautiously.

We all loved the Avalon till we didn't love the Avalon.
We all loved BitFury till...
We all loved the KnC till...
We all love the Antminer but...

No one really loved BFL they were just aholes day one.

Very true...but I love your Last sentence...the way you said that...perfect... Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: