Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:07:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176694 times)
sleblanc1469

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:23:33 PM

i think this is a stupid idea let the free market decide no one except the free market should decide if a coin lives or dies. it will also stop investment into the alt coin market jmo
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
extortion

Activity: 141

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:24:39 PM

i think this is a stupid idea let the free market decide no one except the free market should decide if a coin lives or dies. it will also stop investment into the alt coin market jmo

no it wont. it will undo the dilution caused by all these mass marketed scam coins in the market, restoring the legit markets to their previous strength, and making you and all other shitcoin dev's obsolete once more. good riddance.

Extortion. We are Anonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive. We Do Not Forget. Expect Us.
muddafudda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:27:49 PM

the problem here is most markets are built on a lie. the difference here is no one goes to jail
Mk2vr6

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:31:47 PM

Can someone please explain to me the current method and criteria that coinmarketcap and any other cryptocapital website use and how exactly this is being abused. I would like to add a good explanation to the OP.

Just need a working block explorer and a total coin count URL.
ipsum100

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:34:34 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 07:51:57 PM by ipsum100

the problem here is most markets are built on a lie. the difference here is no one goes to jail

All markets are a lie and submerge the world into poverty.
The bitcoin born as a solution, and national currencies (Aurora, SpainCoin, etc), we have the opportunity the world cryptocurrencys is well known, can be a giant step for the whole crypto community.

not throw stones on yourself
foaman

Activity: 274

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:38:01 PM

I can agree with you, muddafudda, that there is a lot of garbage being paraded throughout these forums and others. Most of these coins have been created by people like you, however. These so called developers are pushing out trash left and right in an attempt to make a few BTC. What I wonder though, is what makes you any different? Was memecoin not trash? I mean, whatever happened to the store? Is this the same store that was promised with Globalcoin? You talk about a premine greater than one percent being bad, but what about the premine/instamine you attempted to get out of r3wt for developing nanotokens?  What about Tickets? Were you not behind the failed Maples as well?  What about Cryptobits? You seemed eager to get that coin listed on Cryptsy. How many coins have you had a hand in developing?

Having said all of that, it sounds like I'm trying to start a fight or attack you.  Really, I'm just curious as to your response, and ultimately, I think my main question comes down to this: What makes 2014 any different than 2013 any different than 2012...?  Seriously, is this current crop of coin garbage any better developed than the early crop of coin that you, Hazard, and Shakezula put out? I say early because the development did get better.

for those not aware this is account by hippy tech

Seriously, muddafudda?  You know, as well as I do, that I have brought up valid points.  Instead of addressing my points you have decided to accuse me of being a shill account for a member that has disagreement with you.  I am not Hippie Tech and I do not care about his claims against you with Vegancoin.  A low post count does not necessarily equate to sock puppet.  

Are you willing to address my questions, or would you rather accuse me of being a shill for iGotSpots?

Edit:
If an alt i have helped or been involved with is put on the chopping block i accept the fate. i am willing to put something on the line, are you?

This is sensible, but only so because you more than likely no longer have a vested interest in seeing the coins continue, and because any coins you may have earned were either paid in BTC or dumped on an exchange.  No matter, if you are no longer involved in producing coins for individuals who know nothing about development, I can let the above issues go.

this whole thread is a joke.  a group of "seniors" who tried to dev over a dozen shit coins between them, none of which made it, are now angry about the amount of coin choices there are?   one mans trash is another mans treasure.  who are any of you in this thread to be able to label a coin shit ?  

don't get me wrong there are a TON of shitcoins out there but there is nothing anyone can do about it.  without a crypto council or something of the type where people submit a new coin to be approved for creation there is nothing anyone can do about the coins that are already out there.  yes you can waste your hash and energy trying to manually crush a coin like the mafia but while you are doing that, 10 new coins where just created.   seems rather futile in the long run.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:39:18 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 08:07:18 PM by Wipeout2097

Why are country themed coins a scam, and not United States ones?
Why is 96% of the world population forced to care about "free market" or regional (now exported) rhetoric?

Views of people of the United States are clearly not enough to determine what is a shitcoin.

What is a scam is the 50% pre-mine in the hands of the "devs" and based on their promises and "say so", not country theme coins. What should be done is either:

1) 3rd party escrow; or
2) algorithm based release. For example, into the future, pre-allocate n coins per wallet or whatever better can competent programmers encode.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:41:08 PM

Just to remove any conflict of interest by the OP I will personally take out.

Infinitecoin
Memecoin
Bazcoin
Globalcoin

Maybe I'll stomp Nano again just for fun

~BCX~

do what you gotta do. sorta off point but life goes on.

I'm not going to hit your shit, just fucking with you.

Killing shit coins, count me in.

~BCX~

I have doubts to whether you do anything at all. you aint got the hash to fork AUR alone.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
muddafudda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:59:22 PM

Regulation in one form or another has to be in place. How this is done I am not sure. The very fact there has yet to be any real classification other than its a crypto currency is mind boggling. But can it be regulated? 
muddafudda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:00:57 PM

please keep the discussion coming
ipsum100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:03:46 PM

a conversation with you does not make sense when we suspect that you have hidden purposes according mention that currencies like scams
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:04:37 PM

Regulation in one form or another has to be in place.

Why?

why does everything have to be regulated?

If you want that trade on traditional markets. They are regulated like a motherfucker. Every one expects the government to hold their hand as they navigate the pitfalls of life.

Or to give them an advantage in a market.
mazuma

Activity: 311

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:05:04 PM

u better add polishcoin (PLN coin) to the main post. Scam and polishcoin are synonyms.

btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:05:51 PM

Want to make it a fair market?

Open your own exchange and regulate. That's the best way to filter out shitcoins
NickPortland

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:07:18 PM

u better add polishcoin (PLN coin) to the main post. Scam and polishcoin are synonyms.

Except airdrop already happened, so how is it a scam?

Official Ambassador for UTC-PND relations
*donations here*
 UTC: Ujff1xrc8brmHkRaFG3BcG5nVScXdh5Wu1 BTC: 159uuxJCfUsG44N52NUsydi2bCNeFSYyTi
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:08:30 PM

Why not just share information in a mature way with the public about what a scam coin is? I have talked to investors and they had no idea that some coins are pure POS without anything related to Bitcoin in the code, they just assumed it was a "more advanced" BTC.

Unless the OP works for the central banks, this idea is just bad on every single level. Inspire attacks and more wars in Cryptos? Give the real bad guys more bad ideas? Why not explain rationally the problems with the market cap positions (glitches/bugs/exploits) - and serious problems/dangers with 50% premine coins. IPOs also *may* be scams, but that can also be a way for startup companies to change the world without needing central authority. Think long term about this stuff.

More transparency is needed, less anonymous people asking to trust us with our Bitcoin, and people need to feel it is safe to invest - and be warned what not to invest in. Overall, we need less conflict, as conflict only creates more distrust and bad press for Cryptos and Bitcoin. I do however agree that the real scams should be explained clearly so people are aware of them. Not what coin you don't like, or the coin you are not invested in, or the coin you and your buddies didn't code, or a well made coin some company is trying to make a fair profit with, the real bad ones that are screwing up the market and taking people's money. Those should be exposed publicly. That would help the good coins and good devs, and the people that believe in them.

ipsum100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:09:16 PM

a conversation with you does not make sense when we suspect that you have hidden purposes according mention that currencies like scams

Maybe you have hidden purposes going on too ?

of course not! , If you want to make this thread a success, be honest, be informed that currency is good scam and what is not, and you argue reasons.

When I give evidence that Spaincoin is not a scam, you do not apologize, I can only suggest hidden desires in the thread.
hilgi

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:11:58 PM

Why not just share information in a mature way with the public about what a scam coin is? I have talked to investors and they had no idea that some coins are pure POS without anything related to Bitcoin in the code, they just assumed it was a "more advanced" BTC.

Unless the OP works for the central banks, this idea is just bad on every single level. Inspire attacks and more wars in Cryptos? Give the real bad guys more bad ideas? Why not explain rationally the problems with the market cap positions (glitches/bugs/exploits) - and serious problems/dangers with 50% premine coins. IPOs also *may* be scams, but that can also be a way for startup companies to change the world without needing central authority. Think long term about this stuff.

More transparency is needed, less anonymous people asking to trust us with our Bitcoin, and people need to feel it is safe to invest - and be warned what not to invest in. Overall, we need less conflict, as conflict only creates more distrust and bad press for Cryptos and Bitcoin. I do however agree that the real scams should be explained clearly so people are aware of them. Not what coin you don't like, or the coin you are not invested in, or the coin you and your buddies didn't code, or a well made coin some company is trying to make a fair profit with, the real bad ones that are screwing up the market and taking people's money. Those should be exposed publicly. That would help the good coins and good devs, and the people that believe in them.

+1
cryptowho

Activity: 182

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:12:24 PM

Regulation in one form or another has to be in place. How this is done I am not sure. The very fact there has yet to be any real classification other than its a crypto currency is mind boggling. But can it be regulated?  

make an other sub-thread only for coin launching. have it approved by mods to post a coin launch there. make a check list of requirement from the coin dev before the thread is even made. thinks like :
 all working wallet.
 only one or two blocks mined as "check"
have at least 2-3 nodes up before lunch so evenryone can synch and mine
have at least 3 respected pool ready for you coin.
make the first 100 blocks very low payments. unless the difficulty readjustment is long. then have the first 1000 blocks low reward.
No entry to an exchange before 1-2 months.
dev must be active (at least one post every 2 days)
dev must show a 6 moths plan on the coin.

get all exchnages in one page. ask them to come to terms and agree to remove any coins that does not apply up to the checklist up there or else they will be banned from posting in this forums.

this will create at least a two -way of checklist for a good coin.

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:12:30 PM

I like all coins except the ones out there to blatantly scam because they are an expression of this generation and are like art. H2O Coin I know for the fact is NOT scam so you can only label a coin a scam if the dev runs off with your money like what happened with stack coin. H2O Devs are respected members of the alt coin community that run a giveaway forum as well and have CONTRIBUTED HEAPS TO US ALTCOINERS..So before labeling a coin SCAM you need to have PROOF that a coin is scam..Just my 2 bits.. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: