Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:17:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176705 times)
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:19:43 AM

having a senior group give a non scam tick of approval to genuine coins (no fees attached).

what authority does senior membership in a group of morons confer?
lasciv

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:20:57 AM

haha 20 bitcoins to ok the scam coin.. I love it!

Just to be clear 20 BTC doesn't okay a scam, it's just an application fee.  A barrier of entry. 

If it turns out to be a scam, we keep the 20 BTC, and we destroy the coin.

This just incentivizes the altcoin devs not to scam.

what do you mean 'we', newbie new account?

that's bcx's puppet.

Kiss
zeroc00l

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:21:58 AM

We as in the people that support this initiative.

We can't be niave about it though; like BCX was saying, we need to attack

Without threat and enforcement, this initiative would just be a useless rubber stamp.

And without funds, it's going to be difficult to enforce.  Precisely why the government require tax funds to enforce.

Who appointed us to be judge and jury?  It seems the people have, the majority of the community who agree with this revolution.

Viva la Revolution!
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:22:23 AM

haha 20 bitcoins to ok the scam coin.. I love it!

Just to be clear 20 BTC doesn't okay a scam, it's just an application fee.  A barrier of entry. 

If it turns out to be a scam, we keep the 20 BTC, and we destroy the coin.

This just incentivizes the altcoin devs not to scam.

what about coins that are not scams that don't have the money to pay ?

This is just like starting a real business.  You do need to get licenses and file for LLC sometimes.  That costs money.  It keeps the noise out.  For anyone not willing to put their money where their mouth with.  Then they don't deserve to be starting a coin/business anyhow.  I'm sure the more serious people will find a way to put up the money.  Which is exactly the effect we want.

If people don't follow the rules, then it's time to come down hard on them.. multi pool attack, DDOS, and even hacking their sites.

what stops the people demanding more and more money so that the persons coin is not destroyed ?

I can see why it is necessary to stop the scams but this will just lead to people extorting money from the devs and the more money that is taken away from the legitimate devs the less they can do to improve there coin

it would be a lot better to have an opt in system where coins can get a rating on how good they are in set category's and they pay x per month to be included on the list most coin devs would pay a small amount to be given a rating on how good there coin is as long as its all done 100% fair as it would bring new users to there coin as they have publicly proven that its not just a pump and dump

if you guys cant be bothered to do this the right way it just proves all you want to do is kill coins and make money from doing it [quote

author=kelsey link=topic=522235.msg5834216#msg5834216 date=1395464910]
Many people are going to have different definitions of what a scamcoin is; mine is simply any coins where it is painfully obvious that the main purpose of creation was to make the dev fiat.

shitcoin; a bad copy paste clone that the "dev" has no idea on how to keep functioning longterm.

for zackclark70's benefit
[/quote]  

that is not a defined description of what a scam coin is if people are going to do this they need to have a very defined list of things and each thing scores 1 point and if its over x points its counted as a junk coin as I said I am not 100% against killing the total junk coins but if its going to be done it needs to be done properly !

Zulandio

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:24:03 AM

The people who want to do this have no concern for the marketplace because doing this WILL bring more negative publicity to crypto. If anyone thinks anything different go pull a Kerple and hang yourself with a network cable but don't be a failure like him. The Black hats claim to think that the headlines will read. "Crypto currency community members clean the market out of the slew of new scam coins." But the reality is it will be all over the news "Group of Hackers decide to start attacking new coins destroying them and their value. Community losing upwards of $100,000 USD a week. Looks like it's death for the cyrpto world. Is Bitcoin next?"

Calling you retarded is an insult to pond scum. If you really think this is a good thing. Please go jump off a bridge with cement blocks chained to you.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:24:38 AM

Why stop here, let's regulate junk apps on the Apple store, junk movies in the theaters, junk fast food...

Oh wait, we already have that --it's called, don't buy it!
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:24:42 AM

having a senior group give a non scam tick of approval to genuine coins (no fees attached).

what authority does senior membership in a group of morons confer?

The senior members would include mods and admin etc

Problem is too many of the newbies here think its their god given right to promote their scamcoins here.

Many senior members here would love to see the alt section gone altogether, some of us are attempting to clean the section up so that doesn't happen.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:27:30 AM

mine is simply any coins where it is painfully obvious that the main purpose of creation was to make the dev fiat.

um isn't that the purpose of any economic endeavor?

you guys are retards

I thiink you miss the point on why cryptocurrency and other alternative come about in the first place, ie to avoid the money changers and creators taking a cut.

No point in creating a alternative to the evil banks controlled fiat if devs become the greedy bankers themselves.
zeroc00l

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:28:07 AM

Why stop here, let's regulate junk apps on the Apple store, junk movies in the theaters, junk fast food...

Actually , it's a known fact that Apple regulates junk apps on their app store, and there is a fee to register for publishing apps.

Let's face it guys, things are spiralling out of control fast.  We need regulation.  What better way than to self regulate with senior community members.  

We just need to enable them with the funds and resources to succeed in enforcing their will.
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:28:26 AM

The senior members would include mods and admin etc

Problem is too many of the newbies here think its their god given right to promote their scamcoins here.

Many senior members here would love to see the alt section gone altogether, some of us are attempting to clean the section up so that doesn't happen.

So what about the senior members of cryptocointalk? Or let me guess, only this forum matters  Cheesy

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:30:34 AM

Actually , it's a known fact that Apple regulates junk apps on their app store, and there is a fee to register for publishing apps.

Let's face it guys, things are spiralling out of control fast.  We need regulation.  What better way than to self regulate with senior community members.  

We just need to enable them with the funds and resources to succeed in enforcing their will.

regulation could be a good thing but destroying the coins that don't meet the standards is just barbaric why not get the bitcointalk mods involved in this and instead of destroying coins just have them removed of the forum ?

mgburks77

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:32:36 AM

mine is simply any coins where it is painfully obvious that the main purpose of creation was to make the dev fiat.

you guys are retards

I thiink you miss the point on why cryptocurrency and other alternative come about in the first place, ie to avoid the money changers and creators taking a cut.

No point in creating a alternative to the evil banks controlled fiat if devs become the greedy bankers themselves.
lol

These guys ARE THE moneychangers, dude. What do you think currency trading is?  They are talking about using an extortion conspiracy to protect their share of the currency trading market. They are the ones trying to become a cartel.

jesus christ It's so dumb I thought it was a joke but am starting to think some of these guys are dumb enough to totally incriminate themselves in public and then really do it.

Should be lulzy
zeroc00l

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:34:57 AM

I really wish we did not have to resort to those tactics.

But I'm sure that 99% of the time we won't have to.

We just need the threat of violence to keep people in line.

Once we destroy a few projects/coins/people.  The rest will fall in line automatically.

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:39:14 AM

Once we destroy a few projects/coins/people.  The rest will fall in line automatically.

I say this again nobody has even given a good reason with proof that any of the coins mentioned on this thread are scams !

solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:40:05 AM

So will you use threat of violence against the creators of Darkcoin because it will most likely be used to commit serious and heinous crimes?

Or let me guess, running off with some noobs lunch money is worse than cartel beheadings or sexual slavery, right?
moderndezigns

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:41:04 AM

haha still going. I will have to check back tomorrow Zero you're one funny person
zeroc00l

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:46:47 AM

Or let me guess, running off with some noobs lunch money is worse than cartel beheadings or sexual slavery, right?

Look i don't know anything about that; that is getting way off topic.

It's simple guys:
  - we need to regain control of an out of control system where people are being scammed  
  - we need a committee to judge who to enfroce and how to crack down on people not following the rules.
  - we need enforcement to make examples out of people, and to instill fear.
  - we need funds to be able to enforce
  - we need revolutionaries to support the effort.

This is a revolution.  Any counter revolutionaries will have to be dealt with one way or another.
mgburks77

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:49:50 AM

you guys are retards

lol

These guys ARE THE moneychangers, dude. What do you think currency trading is?  They are talking about using an extortion conspiracy to protect their share of the currency trading market. They are the ones trying to become a cartel.

jesus christ It's so dumb I thought it was a joke but am starting to think some of these guys are dumb enough to totally incriminate themselves in public and then really do it.

Should be lulzy

The only person here talking about doing anything illegal is "zeroc00l". Which i don't believe anyone agrees with what he is talking about doing. I know i certainly don't, and i don't see anyone talking to him except you guys.

Since when does "zeroc00l" represent everyone in this thread?

You guys are a bunch of jokes. And "zeroc00l" is probably a shill for you guys, which are just trying to incriminate everyone in this thread that have nothing to do with anything illegal.
zeroc00l is a sockpuppet of one of the "senior members" I believe you will find, if you reread the thread a little more carefully. I think you should reread the thread. At the worst you could say so-called scam coins is like playing the lotto or something. Yeah, it's all about making the cheese by the house rules but it's not a real crime like conspiracy, extortion, criminal mischief, or destruction of private property are.

CAVEAT EMPTOR
zeroc00l

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:53:39 AM

The only person here talking about doing anything illegal is "zeroc00l". Which i don't believe anyone agrees with what he is talking about doing. I know i certainly don't, and i don't see anyone talking to him except you guys.

Since when does "zeroc00l" represent everyone in this thread?

You guys are a bunch of jokes. And "zeroc00l" is probably a shill for you guys, which are just trying to incriminate everyone in this thread that have nothing to do with anything illegal.

Wow way to sell me out bro.  I'm confused, are you with us or against us exactly?

I never claimed to represent everyone in this thread. 

I'm just trying to get this thing started instead of farting around like the rest of you. 

We need a practical path forward.  We need to take down a coin now as an example, instead of just talking around in circles. 

Then enforce a process by which others will follow and submit to.  And something that is sustainable.
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:02:48 AM

I don't think anyone who uses the word "Bro" should be in any position of authority except in a frat house.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: