Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:37:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176699 times)
majorminers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:14:22 PM

I just checked - ProCoin is traded on one exchange (Cryptorush.in) and the 24 hour volume is: 0.1745 BTC!

Sorry for disrupting the world of Crypto-Currencies with this one!  Grin

This seems a bit like BULLYING....I'm just saying!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SZZT

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:15:40 PM

People want to buy shitcoins, the fact that they want to buy them to play "pump and dump" is utterly irrelevant.

well let the ones that want to play P&D try.
Why should the community though, allow for scammers to take advantage of people?
the devs of these projects are making a bad name for the crypto community as a whole.

This is the reaction caused by the multimillion scam coin actions in here.
It is the predator, like another poster put it.

So, buyer beware and all that, yeah

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:23:19 PM

So ...

- Do we all agree we have a problem, and scams are criminal?
- How many of us agree that hundreds of (shit)coins are detrimental to the future of alts, even if not plain scams?
- Do we have solutions, or at least ways to mitigate the problem without creating damage to anyone, including newbies that bought some coin by suggestion of friends or "unbiased" analysts? Obviously, fuck the coin cloner, his shills and their potential "gains".
- Are we going to actually do something about it, or this is just another thread in the btctalk trashcan?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
romang

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:23:28 PM

This is so long overdue.

mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:27:11 PM

People want to buy shitcoins, the fact that they want to buy them to play "pump and dump" is utterly irrelevant.

well let the ones that want to play P&D try.
Why should the community though, allow for scammers to take advantage of people?
the devs of these projects are making a bad name for the crypto community as a whole.

This is the reaction caused by the multimillion scam coin actions in here.
It is the predator, like another poster put it.

So, buyer beware and all that, yeah

that process is necessary

if you don't agree with free markets etc perhaps the best solution is for bitcoin and altcoin to go seperate ways and see if centralized control is better than decentralized currency.

I think btc is probably already captured by the same agencies that produce fiat, anyway. It certainly seems that way from the expressed motivations of the operation shitcoiners.

I wouldn't want that to contaminate a valid experiment in free market principles.

If you guys who are in the btc community like central planning you should just abandon market distribution because it will just be a problem, look at the current political situation of the world.

Due to ignorance of various principles and the desire to protect collective interests a monstrosity has been developed by human society and it is seems that many people who are holders of a bitcoin position want to make bitcoin a subset or duplicate of that monstrosity to protect their interests.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 03:34:51 PM

It seems to me that many people who have been getting their fingers burned have probably learned....

Maybe it would be more constructive to create educational threads that teach people why it's bad to support certain coins and launches, how to long out for scams, etc etc.

Just my two cents  Grin

That's a great idea! Forgive me for sounding like Dr. Phil, but a "Bagholders Anonymous" thread would be great to wise everyone up. A thread where people who have been stung explain how they got sucked in, why they got taken advantage of, and what the "earmarks" of a pump-and-dump are.

Myself, I haven't been stung by a pump-and-dump: too many years being slapped around by the penny-stock market have left me too wary. So, the only anecdotes I can kick in would center on penny stocks. 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:40:08 PM

So what coins were actually taken down ?
Infectiphibian

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:05:52 PM

It seems to me that many people who have been getting their fingers burned have probably learned....

Maybe it would be more constructive to create educational threads that teach people why it's bad to support certain coins and launches, how to long out for scams, etc etc.

Just my two cents  Grin

That's a great idea! Forgive me for sounding like Dr. Phil, but a "Bagholders Anonymous" thread would be great to wise everyone up. A thread where people who have been stung explain how they got sucked in, why they got taken advantage of, and what the "earmarks" of a pump-and-dump are.

Myself, I haven't been stung by a pump-and-dump: too many years being slapped around by the penny-stock market have left me too wary. So, the only anecdotes I can kick in would center on penny stocks. 
"Hello, my name is Infectiphibian. I was a bagholder of Leaf. I am recovering now, and I thank Bagholders Anonymous for your support".
SZZT

Activity: 273

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:12:50 PM

Due to ignorance of various principles

You are not making any sense, you know/
Coming in an anonymous forum, claiming superior financial understanding is a road to nowhere...

You are going out of your way, like major did before, to point out flaws in this initiative.
But your arguments are not really clear.

Are you ok with free markets?
If yes, then you should understand that initiatives like this one, come up because of free markets.
If no, then you should understand that initiatives like this one, keep the markets clear of obvious scams.

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:18:53 PM

Due to ignorance of various principles

You are not making any sense, you know/
Coming in an anonymous forum, claiming superior financial understanding is a road to nowhere...

You are going out of your way, like major did before, to point out flaws in this initiative.
But your arguments are not really clear.

Are you ok with free markets?
If yes, then you should understand that initiatives like this one, come up because of free markets.
If no, then you should understand that initiatives like this one, keep the markets clear of obvious scams.

You are saying regulation is what creates a free market.

It is good to know my comments do not make sense to you.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 06:23:50 PM

"Hello, my name is Infectiphibian. I was a bagholder of Leaf. I am recovering now, and I thank Bagholders Anonymous for your support".

Oookay. But while I'm here, goofing off when I should be reading the bitcoinj source code, lemme tell you a story.

Once upon a time, when I was still in high school, a high-school friend laid a tip on me for a penny computer stock called Bytec-Comterm. I knew this guy, we were friends already, he was very smart [he ended up valedictorian and walked away with several top-marks awards] and usually knew what he was talking about.

So, I got my dad to buy me 100 shares from my paper-route money for about $5 per. I took the fellow's recommendation because he was trustworthy [still is] and I assumed he knew what he was doing. (Cough, cough...)

Turns out, I bought within a week of the all-time high. The thing slid from $5 to $1 in a year, with me holding on and wondering what was going on. $400 of paper-route money went bye-bye.

What I Learned: Someone can be trustworthy, smart as hell and well clued-in for everyday-life work - and all of these admirable character traits say nothing about the quality of his tips. If you play the man instead of the ball, you're flying blind and ripe for a fall.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

lixxy

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:27:03 PM

This is a very good thread, keep up the good work. Let's make a blacklist and a whitelist. Currently things like Dogecoin, Darkcoin would be on the whitelist, whereas every other copy & paste coin, country coin, IPO, premine etc should be on the blacklist
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:34:14 PM

My handle is Hollowman338 and I approve this message. 

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:56:59 PM

The first few coins need to be ones that just launch.

Nothing will send shock like having 4-5 new just launched chains killed instantly.

~BCX~

Hope you keyboard mafia wannabes have good lawyers you're playing in the real world, hacking, destroying private property, advocating destruction of private property and threatening by other thuggish means will indeed see yourself in a world of hurt and ultimately prison.

the fact bitcointalk allows this thread and other members to threaten community members is a disgrace in itself

You do understand this is an opensource community? all coins are beta software, and BCX is the resident security tester. I mean we wouldn't want these coins out in the real world used as real currency without proper inhouse security testing.

As for legalities any coins designed for the dev to profit from is illegal, by way of being in breach of several patents.

i don't think smooth words will save you in a court of law, why not hack a major financial website and explain you're only doing it for the greater good, security, peoples interests blah  blah typical anom attitude. I'm for getting rid of scam coins, making the public more aware but doing it in a right way.

That is ridiculous as iGotSpots sending me threats he was going to sue me for defaming his business last year (after i stated and caught him lying in this forum)
i have have three of them right now to show you all if ya all don't believe me and what is funny is the following evening he went on Cryptsy chat and said..
he was rich and it was easy to find out who i am and where i live and that he could "come get me" LOL
And i had told em i am sorry but in reality i never said fuck all about his coins he has released i simply caught him lying on the forum and pointed it out, nothing more.
and further more i also pointed out how you can't claim to be running a business by cloning a Litecoin github repo.
He also contacted Cryptsy to get my personal info and said he was going to request that info from this forum too.
The guy that runs Cryptsy told me he had asked for my private data and they did not say if they handed it over either
and when i asked that idiot when his lawsuit was coming he said over and over he changed his mind and decided i was too poor to sue lol
Did cryptsy hand over my info ? hmmm

Hey bottom line.. You coin scammers are ripping people off in pyramid schemes and we may have a law suit for YOU !
I lost money on Max coin for example so maybe i should sue some of those guys ?
And hey your making my Bitcoin worth less so your stealing from me !
I just had to defend Bitcoin on another non crypto related web site because all people were saying non stop
was Bitcoin itself was a ponzi scheme and the fact that Doge coin was added into the news story made it REAL HARD for me to defend bitcoin.
and then i come here and see douche bags defending scam coins no matter how bad they are singing the freedom song.. spare me.
i am tired of having to stick up for Bitcoin as it gets picked on around the world as you scam coin devs piss and shit all over our legit scene.
You need to be removed / dealt with and i will keep the boot on your knecks.. cut the crap or get used to it.

No one has attacked anything here we are just talking and that talking is faaaaaaaaaar more damaging to your scam coins than any attack.
keep bumping our public service message scam coin supporters.. your helping our cause by coming here and bumping this and spouting off like morons..
you sound like Nambla scumbags defending their right to rape little children.

Who owns the block chain ? hmmm i do so i will sue you for for forking it ? yaaaa riiiiight go call the cops idiots lol
hacking a persons machine may be a crime but that is not what forking a coin means.. maybe learn how the internetz work before embarrassing yourselves noobs.
or better yet keep spouting off its amusing and your reinforce our point lol
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM i don't suppose the same couple guys spouting off here are the same guys who post a 100 CLONE coins a day here eh Huh hmmmmmmmmm
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:09:44 PM

This is a very good thread, keep up the good work. Let's make a blacklist and a whitelist. Currently things like Dogecoin, Darkcoin would be on the whitelist, whereas every other copy & paste coin, country coin, IPO, premine etc should be on the blacklist

a list or certification system of some kind would be great for new users.
this stuff is too much to take in and is overwhelming for new guys Sad
how do we avoid it being abused though.. only way i can see that is if we select a group of people to handle it..
if a system was like an automated vote system it would end up being abused.
but what i see online say for hardware is awards..
If i go the MSI Z87 MPower motherboard product page right now i see awards with a little graphic seal from reviewers
so something like that is what i envisioned when i said that earlier on this topic..
If one guy made his own seal / award it wouldn't mean too much i think.. we need a group of guys i think.

Also i see the newest of new mega new coins that need potential forking NOT old coins
so i don't see any point in debating whether old coins should be attacked.. see what i mean ?
hell wasn't Bitcoin premined ?
I am not worried about what happened before but how are we going to move forward from this point on..

It's hard for me to defend Bitcoin like i was doing today on a random web site with people who know nothing about it when Doge coin was added int the story.
and then i come here and see idiots saying there is no problem at all and no matter how bad some of these altcoins are they are GOOD for the scene ?
you have got to be kidding me.. seriously what is wrong with you people that defend the dumb crap ?

edit:
can we find some middle ground here guys ? can you admit there is a problem and can we find some ways to deal with this ?
if you defend the crap bs.. you are saying there is no problem. and if you say that i think your retarded / insane or a liar / scammer.

FUD first & ask questions later™
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:32:22 PM

edit:
can we find some middle ground here guys ? can you admit there is a problem and can we find some ways to deal with this ?
if you defend the crap bs.. you are saying there is no problem. and if you say that i think your retarded / insane or a liar / scammer.

Start a blog, or write articles here, recommend coins for newbies to invest in and what to avoid.

The problem is, most of this thread, and this entire movement, has little to do with actually protecting newbies from shitcoins.

The OP of this thread made shitcoins.

It's a money grab by a handful, planning to use DOS attacks and possibly extortion. Apparently they plan to get others to join their kill pool, so they can do the work for them. It's pretty obvious that very little of this has to do with cleaning out shitcoins to help new people.
DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:37:58 PM

Kill pool? where can i join?  Spoetnik and Igotspots still fighting just like on the old cryptsy chatbox.  Grow up.

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 07:42:01 PM

I will throw another idea just to throw it...

Education is the best thing that will eventually solve the problem and  we have  many noobs that really dont know in what to invest.
You can clearly see that since people asking on what to invest and why everywhere. Some people legitimately ask why premine is bad and why closed source is bad etc. And people dont realise that you have to mine serious coins to support them and make them less vulnerable to attacks...

My idea is that for starters we can make a small "foundation" "organisation" you name it, with a few people that will unanimous or not put in a thread which coins and why they believe are scam. And this thread will be updating all the time. So noobs will check there and decide by themselves.

Now for the most militants ones when a coin is extremely scammy the "foundation" could decide about forking the coin if this can happen...

So the idea is to create something as retarded as UN...Who knows if it can work at least to make the problem smaller...
Zulandio

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:44:36 PM

If/when there is some sort of regulation and laws about crypto concurrences. Scam coins will in fact be illegal. Right now they are not any more then diet pills and that HD antenna commercial. FFS you can get one at Target..

Threatening to DDoS, hack attack personal property, etc is right now already Illegal. This tool that claims to have killed Namecoin may have gotten away with it back when the community was small. Looking at the size of the community today I hope you realize that people are going to notify authorities and action will be taken. But you go ahead with your little Black hat party just don't be surprised when your countries police show up at your door with a warrant.

Threatening to kill coins at launch. You won't possibly be able to notify everyone that it's going to happen so you will cause damage to miners. And get some pretty pissed off people and likely will also find your selves on the receiving end of REAL Black hat hacking. Not some tools ganging up their hash power. Hope your computers and accounts are really secure.
slapper
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1097

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:49:53 PM

Fully support this Operation. 5 MH/s pledged after pool launches.

It is also great to see the "devs" (cloning phags) post defending under their real nicks after having scammed noobs with InsertPhagCoin launches.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: