Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:10:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 [348] 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046628 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:02:08 AM

'Now, you're either on the bus or off the bus.'

The people were 'Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters.'

The book that chronicles the trip is 'The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.'

This is The Bus:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:28:02 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2015, 12:14:55 PM by BitcoinNational

now that's the Bus we ride
taking it key-z
taking it further

Grin

------------
re: bottom blueline

Empirical fact that we'll touch that line, but it shall meet up with us down the road later this month in the 12-15s or maybe much later at the higher level.   (just my read)

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:40:27 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2015, 10:56:14 PM by TrueCryptonaire

I put some small buy-orders with 0.5 UNO each.
They are not fake so if you want necessarily to sell me, I am willing to buy them at those prices I have set.  Grin

Thank you for selling.
I put the next set of buy-orders.
It is nice to collect the coins with low price.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:58:22 PM

Help!

I am writing an article for Coinwarp, but I don't feel qualified to answer this question:

"
6)Most currencies rely on their mining schedule to reward miners to secure their networks, but unobtanium mining schedule is by definition very tight, how do you keep your network safe from 51% attacks or similar threats?"
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:14:49 AM

tee hee . . . and this one:

"What is your vision for the future of cryptocurrencies, and where do you think unobtanium will stand?"

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:25:20 AM

tee hee . . . and this one:

"What is your vision for the future of cryptocurrencies, and where do you think unobtanium will stand?"

My personal view:
There is a need for a couple of cryptos.
There is a need for a coin that is used mainly on day-to-day basis (bitcoin).
There is a need for a coin that is used mainly for anonymity (such as Monero)
There is a need for a coin that is used mainly for storing value (UNO).

Then the completely other world is the applications of blockchain technology (like Etherum).

These are the future in my opinion (I might be biased since I own all of them except Etherum).
I think in the very long run (what ever this is) all those three coins will be extremely valuable. They serve unique purposes and they all have their own niche.
Yes, bitcoin might make it. There is a lot of promotion in the mainstream media about bitcoin currently at least in my own country Finland that chances are Bitcoin will become bigger and more significiant.
As bitcoiners who wish anonymity realizes that bitcoin doesn't give it, they might run to the best anon coins (like Monero).
Those who want to save money needs something that holds value and has a little inflation. They will flood towards Unobtanium.
I think out of these UNO might give the best ROI in the long run because it has designed to give ROI.  Grin
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:04:16 AM

Help!

I am writing an article for Coinwarp, but I don't feel qualified to answer this question:

"
6)Most currencies rely on their mining schedule to reward miners to secure their networks, but unobtanium mining schedule is by definition very tight, how do you keep your network safe from 51% attacks or similar threats?"

This is in no way a complete answer, just the two things that came to my mind first:
1. With ~22% of coins still waiting to be mined I'd say there is still incentive for miners for years to come. The value will have to go up further to support this long term, but I think at least in our minds there's no question this will happen eventually.
2. There's also merged mining with Bitcoin in development, which IIRC should be coming sooner rather than later. This should give our blockchain a significant hashrate increase and secure it against attacks.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:40:11 AM

UNO lacks now buyers...
I set some supports but someone should start buying it (I am not going to do it this time since I have been buying enough from sell-orders).
I think I will change my strategy to supportative instead of attactive. I will try to support the price instead of bidding it higher.
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:44:31 AM

UNO lacks now buyers...
I set some supports but someone should start buying it (I am not going to do it this time since I have been buying enough from sell-orders).
I think I will change my strategy to supportative instead of attactive. I will try to support the price instead of bidding it higher.
Ya, my bitcoin wallet corrupted, had to download another wallet...I missed out on some cheap coins.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:56:44 AM

@ T.C.: taa. Yes, my thoughts are close to yours -- a 'suite'

Keep offering opinions, guys.

@ buy-support: I have a pinch of coin coming tomorrow.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:10:22 AM

Someone is selling 102 UNO at 0.015.
I think we need some dynamite on that bad boy.  Grin

Zelig

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:06:07 AM

UNO lacks now buyers...

Broke through my buy supports last weekend.

How's it been goin?  Haven't been on much over the past week. 

Z

BTC: uK4fe8Yt4S5oytjqoLJzFgmUfQquWiK4jP
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:32:45 AM

Guys, are there any flat-out errors here?:

1)How do you define scarcity, and how does your mining schedule differ from that of other cryptocurrencies?
[There will only ever be 250,000 Uno, and 50,000 will be the ‘fuel’ of a centuries-long maintenance mode. (There is a sound discourse to the effect that the number of ‘coins’ in any currency is the total number of the smallest units; but no matter how you approach the math, Uno is rare.]
So, readers, of the 200,000 units of the ‘core’ currency, well over 190,000 have been mined. Consequently, while the markets of currencies like Bitcoin need to soak up over 3,000 coins a day to hold their price, Unobtanium mining presently produces about fifteen Uno a day; and after the halving in May, it will be about seven.]

2)As a store of value stability is crucial, how do you keep people from buying or selling large amounts of UNO all together, causing price bumps?
[ The point to make here is this:
we’ve had price bumps; but at this point, we’re in the home straight. Our community is small, tightly-knit, focused on this issue -- and has trading-talent out the wazoo. At the same time, Uno is, quite literally, becoming scarcer by the week.
Result? A steadily increasing ‘buy-pressure.’
And we also have ‘Core-tanium,’ a (new) formal project that holds Bitcoin ready as ‘anti-dump ammo.’
I note also that surprisingly large numbers of Uno have been in their ‘vaults’ since originally mined. I am still working on the maths of this; but the units of this crypto that are ‘in play’ are well under that 200,000 figure.

3)To use unobtainium as a store of value one must be confident that he'll be able to sell the currency fast, when needed, how do you ensure that?
[We have a fiat-Uno facility on Bleutrade; and as with other currencies, you can always bail to Bitcoin, and cash out that way. We also tend to trading Uno for bullion among ourselves; but two things here are the real answer to this question:
the first is that the community is developing Unobtanium as a low-volume-high-value ‘instrument,’ like gold or gems, that will be used to buy big-ticket items, and will therefore ultimately be exchanged for fiat much less often than other cryptos.
The second is our (still new) ‘liquidity engine’ which provides quantities of fiat currencies to buy our merchants’ ‘incoming’ coin.
But the bottom line is the ‘buy-pressure’ mentioned above: there are always buyers for Unobtanium! ]

4)The presence of business that set their prices in, say, dogecoins tends to determine their actual value. But unobtanium is not meant for that kind of use so what does determine its value?
[I enjoy answering this particular theoretical question:
Unobtanium is a cryptographic currency of a type that allows its community to logically market it as a ‘crypto-commodiity.’ Any cryptographic currency (or fiat currency or a sack of potatoes that you want to barter) is, of course, ultimately only ‘realised’ as an ‘instrument of exchange’ by being used as one.
Unobtanium has a good merchant-network, and has quite sufficient volume to satisfy this theoretical criterion.
Readers may not know that for decades during the cold war, Cuba and Russia swapped tanker-loads of sugar for oil. This is a really good example of the mode of use that Unobtanium is settling into: it’s a ‘commodity,’ but commodities have been used as ‘money’ since forever.]
5)Given the limited availability of the currency, and its current success (the value is indeed quite stable and in general growing), how do you keep its price from exploding in a bubble?
[Forgive me if I misapprehend: isn’t Question Five almost the same as Question Two? Could we skip this question?]

6)Most currencies rely on their mining schedule to reward miners to secure their networks, but unobtanium mining schedule is by definition very tight, how do you keep your network safe from 51% attacks or similar threats?
[ ]

7)What kind of community revolves around unobtanium and what do they do to support their currency?
[A little background here: IndiaMikeZulu was already trading a range of alts in May, 2013. It was my task (we are an alliance) to analyse communities. So, I have analysed and worked in a far wider range of crypto communities than most coiners.
What became apparent over time is how a currency’s community mirrors the nature of the currency. ‘Coin Z’ – 200% annual interest! A million coins with every large fries! – will soon spiral back into the crypto darkness from whence it came.
Conversely, Unobtanium is – by design – a ‘serious’ coin; and it has consequently attracted serious coiners, particularly miners.
How are we developing Unobtanium? There’s a prototype android wallet, a multi-sig wallet, great analytical tools, and a constant ‘feed’ of high-quality market analysis on the threads.
(How is that ‘development’? Price-stability/increasing price is the goal. This might sound trite, but consider how any currencies are ‘all about’ how the value is gonna explode somewhere down the track.
For Uno, there’s no ‘down the track.’ This crypto stores value. Now.)
We’ve struck a nice balance of exchanges, on which we manage disciplined buy-support ‘actions’ when necessary. We keep current a good core of sites
And there’s Un-Ex, the community crypto-theory ‘laboratory.’ When Bitcoin took a dive last year, out of all cryptos, the one that arguably held its value best was ‘Distribued-Vault Coin,’ which is, I think, the only ‘in-community’ coin in existence.
Two final notes. Firstly, we focus tightly on keeping our crypto ‘tight,’ ‘solid’ – almost sorta ‘no frills.’
Secondly, we are at present a remarkably small and tightly-knit community, with a fabric of trust that I have seen in absolutely no other coin tribe. In a way then, what we do for the crypto is that we develop the community.]

8)Ultimately as a store of value unobtanium needs to be traded with other cryptocurrencies and can only be part of an ecosystem, do you actively try to favor such exchanges? Is there a cryptocurrency you like to work with most?
[Yes! Though we do tread a (conscious, well-theorised) path between (a) having an attractive range of trading-pairs/exchanges, but (b) not spreading our volume too thinly.
Un-Ex figures again here. On it we trade an expanding array of things: DVC I’ve mentioned. Various cryptos. Some theoretical ‘instruments’ are in the pipe line. Many Uno folk are bullion enthusiasts, so we trade bullion.
We ‘P-WIP’ (sell fiat currencies by Internet-bank transfers – it’s a great way to assist newcomers to get an initial stake of coin). We trade gift cards.
Actually – because Un-Ex is trust-based, unhackable – we can trade almost anything, and we fully intend to. Our goal is ‘The Mall,’ a multi-million-dollar trading-enterprise anchored in this trust-network.
And what currencies do we favour? Tee hee – I’m not gonna put my head on the block over this one!
When I was originally analyzing Unobtanium, before IndiaMikeZulu set up shop there, I noticed that a lot of the coiners who posted there were (are) also members of other communities. It’s safe to safe there’s a preference for SHA 256 coins/POW coins.]

9)What is your vision for the future of cryptocurrencies, and where do you think unobtanium will stand?
[Part of the answer here shall come from Uno folk, and part from IndiaMikeZulu:
IMZ foresees a steady increase in the percentage of crypto market-cap held by alts. Non-currency applications (Etherium!) will eventually be the greater field of application.
In currencies, there will be confusion between ‘state cryptos’ – Ecuador already has one – and ‘genuine’ cryptos. A ‘second round’ of ‘country coins,’ this time genuinely associated from the outset with the nations in question, is a possibility.
GFC Two is going to change the entire anti-state crypto-currency landscape, potentially raising the value of cryptos by huge percentages.
And Uno folk:
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:23:10 AM

DVC is up and running

(though cragv is gonna rest for a fortnight).

So, to test the new model, will someone sell me one DVC at the going rate, then buy it back?

I am up to my neck in an article. Will check in later.

Mark
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:32:28 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 07:02:28 AM by BitcoinNational

6)Most currencies rely on their mining schedule to reward miners to secure their networks, but unobtanium mining schedule is by definition very tight, how do you keep your network safe from 51% attacks or similar threats?

The easy answer is increased prices cause increased mining power.  So you keep repeating that process.

The real answer is that the mining schedule is a problem for every coin.  Nobody knows what is the perfect mining schedule.  

First lets look at coins like Klondike Coin, a huge boom in the early days because it was easy and profitable to mine this enabled a secure network for a few months then - Bust!  The mining schedule had no more coins to give, so now their network is dangerously small.   Then you have coins like BitCoin and LiteCoin, very popular lots of buzz.  They claim $10,000 to $100,000 per coin is possible.  But what they do not mention is that this causes a gravity drag because the network rewards 3600 coins per day and at $10,000 price the market needs $36 Million per day from investors ... every day Bitcoin would have to find $36 Million just to pay the miners.  Then later in from the years 2017-2021 the market can sustain $10,000 for $18 Million in daily new investment dollars.   How much is that a year?   And who's pockets does it fill?  Certainly not the investors.

Now look at the charts of coins that followed the 'long run' mining schedule of bitcoin, these are microcosm pre-indicators of what is to happen to Bitcoin.  Lots of buzz and media attention prices rose, their communities and merchant networks took hold.  They gained $10s of millions in market capital, then the gravity drag of the mining schedule took a hold.  Now these bitcoin 2.0 coins are less than 1-cent on the dollar and their network security is questionable due to much lower hash rates.

Unobtanium tried a different approach.  Reduce the reward in much quicker mining schedule.  So the reward went from 1 to 0.5 in a few months not 4 years.  Miners took notice of the rarity and Uno has always maintained position as one of the top 10 networks ever created by Man.  Our hash rates are not bitcoin level, nor peer coin yet, but we are at a very competitive position for the #3 spot.  

In addition Unobtanium can be mined by anyone.  Genesis Mining allows you to buy UNO mining contracts.  Making Unobtanium the only other SHA256 coin that you can mine automatically with no mining knowledge.  Anyone can order a contract and get auto/daily reward payments.    

So right now it would take millions in hardware to +51% attack the UNO network for 24hrs and you would gain maybe +51% of the rewards which is about 7 coins or $30.  But that is about the limit of the damage.  Things would be corrected once the attackers electric bill arrives.  

Last point is that the Unobtanium developers are working on a solution that allows UNO to piggy back on the bitcoin network before our rewards get to low.  Unobtanium would be unstoppable and unbreakable at that point, because it will be part of the bitcoin network.  

With 80% of the coins already in the hands of investors and 20% of coins still waiting to be mined evenly over the next 300 years I'd say there is still incentive for miners for years to come even long after the bitcoin mine runs dry.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:44:18 AM

Anyone prefer a particular date for the UN fiscal year marker?

eg.

(FY) begins on 1 October and ends on 30 September of the following year.
(FY) begins on 1 April to 31 March of the following year.
(FY) begins on 1 July to 30 June of the following year.
(FY) begins on 15 Feb to 14 Feb of the following year.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:13:41 AM

@ B.N.: I am really really grateful for your excellent contribution. An excerpt of your post, with acknowledgement, shall be the answer to the question.

Fiscal year?
Zelig

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:23:44 AM

Anyone prefer a particular date for the UN fiscal year marker?

eg.

(FY) begins on 1 October and ends on 30 September of the following year.
(FY) begins on 1 April to 31 March of the following year.
(FY) begins on 1 July to 30 June of the following year.
(FY) begins on 15 Feb to 14 Feb of the following year.

I think the fiscal year for UN should begin the month that UN launched.  Keeps it simple. 

Z

Zelig

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:37:56 AM

@ B.N.: I am really really grateful for your excellent contribution. An excerpt of your post, with acknowledgement, shall be the answer to the question.

Fiscal year?

From Investopedia;

Fiscal Year - FY.  A period that a company or government uses for accounting purposes and preparing financial statements.  The fiscal year may or may not be the same as a calendar year. 

The U.S. federal government's fiscal year begins on October 1 and ends on September 30.

See more here;

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/fiscalyear.asp

Z

Zelig

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:41:52 AM

'Now, you're either on the bus or off the bus.'

The people were 'Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters.'

The book that chronicles the trip is 'The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.'

This is The Bus:

I keep looking at this picture and shuttering at the thought of the driver slamming on the breaks.

Z

Pages: « 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 [348] 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: