Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:15:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 [540] 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046628 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Zelig

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 03:41:58 AM

i have now only 7.54 uno . Not so much maybe i will collect till 20 , now i would like to go till 10 uno . Just want to be on uno train  Wink

hehe...i remember when i felt like 20 would be enough  Tongue
It's simple:

"How much is enough $UNO?"

"Just one $UNO more!"

But effing Cryptsy!  I just transferred 5 UN from Cryptsy to my cold storage.  But what arrived was; 4.9749.  Thus, Cryptsy's withdrawal fee for 5 UN rang up to: 0.0251 UN.  

Hmm...

Z

BTC: uK4fe8Yt4S5oytjqoLJzFgmUfQquWiK4jP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zelig

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 03:47:45 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2015, 04:14:38 AM by Zelig

Hide your daughters. I need another ton over the next 45 days.

Am informed that 1 US ton = 907.185 kilograms

http://www.asknumbers.com/tonnes-to-kilograms.aspx

Current 24 hr volume; 136.95 UNO (Cryptsy, 10.23.15 09:11 PM PST)

Z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IShkL0LtyBI

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:50:50 AM

Every time Cryptsy is mentioned, I think of the Would You Buy a Used Car from This Man poster:

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/anti-nixon-poster-1960-granger.html

Perhaps we can make a game of this, something like:

Would you leave your children alone with this exchange?
Zelig

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 08:10:57 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2015, 09:07:50 AM by Zelig

Every time Cryptsy is mentioned, I think of the Would You Buy a Used Car from This Man poster:

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/anti-nixon-poster-1960-granger.html

Perhaps we can make a game of this, something like:

Would you leave your children alone with this exchange?

My God, what have I done?

Z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTUmzEhia-U

Baars

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:14:32 AM

It's happening..

Now you are only allowed to withdraw up to $100 worth of crypto a MONTH from Cryptsy without being verified to at least a "Tier 1" in their new system. I'm glad I moved my UNO out of there early on with TWO "free" withdrawal vouchers. I will never use Cryptsy again. I could see a very rare occasion if there were 20 UNO or less sitting there for a snipe buy, but I'm not supporting this type of behavior. I do not care if the government cracks down on exchanges. That means it's time to bring on the real decentralized exchanges then. Regulation is about to overtake cryptocurrencies.

Sad times. Just over 3 years, I guess we had a good run.  Cry
Why it is a problem to be verified? I feel comfortable to be verified anywhere.
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:34:15 AM

It's happening..

Now you are only allowed to withdraw up to $100 worth of crypto a MONTH from Cryptsy without being verified to at least a "Tier 1" in their new system. I'm glad I moved my UNO out of there early on with TWO "free" withdrawal vouchers. I will never use Cryptsy again. I could see a very rare occasion if there were 20 UNO or less sitting there for a snipe buy, but I'm not supporting this type of behavior. I do not care if the government cracks down on exchanges. That means it's time to bring on the real decentralized exchanges then. Regulation is about to overtake cryptocurrencies.

I have no problem being verified if they are willing to do the same - ie, I receive the same documents from the person/people responsible for the wallets holding my coins. A good example: There is a massive row in the UK at the moment because an ISP has just been hacked with a simple SQL injection (basics) & over 4 million users details have been stolen - for the 3rd time in 12 months  Shocked Shocked They say they don't even know if the data was encrypted or not - which means it wasn't, as some details are already on pastebin.

So, it's a security issue. If I have the details of whoever is responsible for security I can hold them accountable, whereas with probably all exchanges this is currently impossible.
RDDRocket

Activity: 272
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:19:37 PM

It is very simple. This is NOT the intended purpose of cryptocurrency, and it seems everyone just ignores or forgets this part. The root purpose of this movement is money power in the hands of just the individual. Defeats the entire purpose of this shit to go and get verified everywhere, and have a banker in control of your coins, your money limits, etc.

When regulation gets really rough in the next year or two, the need for open source, fully decentralized exchanges needing no registration whatsoever will emerge. Crypto will get stronger at this time. We DO NOT NEED Cryptsy, Bittrex, BTC-e, whoever. Cryptocurrencies DO NOT need a central server or set of servers and a point of failure to control the supply of money!

If I want to buy your fucking Xbox from you, all I need to do is put money in a multisig escrow account and buy it from you!
peer-to-peer digital currency will come to fruition when it needs it.

Bitcoin right now needs a very solid system like Open Bazaar, and that is vital.
Don't trust exchanges.
Don't trust!
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:39:04 PM

1. p3yot33at3r's point, I've said much the same, you want my details then i want yours also, as far as I know no one is verified as a real legal person at camp Cryptsy.

2. RDDRocket's point, crypto for crypto does not need and was designed to not need personal info attached.  it defeats the very point of crypto.   And there are no legal grounds for it being regulated.  Now if you want to trade fiat, okay I get it, KYC federales have some jurisdiction, cuz you touch upon there scared cow called fiat/banking system.  i will not deal with exchanges that require KYC, and if they are 2 dumb to split their operations into fiat vs crypto sectors, then so long and thanks for the stinking fish.

3.  Cryptsy is assuming the right to withhold your property from you ... that's theft.  

4.  Cryptsy is moving the goal post with no notice ... that's a scam ... and shows utter disregard for their clients ... or dupes.

5.  Don't trust exchanges.  My opinion is moving towards never leave more than you can afford to loose and for as little amount of time on the order books ... if it doesn't move in hours return to priv key wallet.   Here's food for thought why not an exchange that holds your coins but swaps out for their coins ... and you rebalane on withdraw ... this is not much different than brokerage that require you to cover shorts if it hits the margin.

6.  What's the point of 'anon' if your KYC'd? lol.

7.  Digital money is programmable money... who and how are they going to KYC for bots?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 03:06:30 PM

+1000!!

RDD & BNat = we are on the same wavelength  Smiley

I don't & never have seen Crypto as a way of making fiat - I see it as a replacement of fiat.
RDDRocket

Activity: 272
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 03:20:56 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCyFdGOdiUw

Pay close attention to the storyline and lyrics.
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 03:53:01 PM

It's happening..

Verified beats the point of the whole crypto system. The blockchain provides all of the verification needed. Your address either has the coin, or it doesn't. WHO you are is irrelevant.

The main reason Cryptsy follows KYC is b/c it is in bed with the government and deals with fiat.

I agree, if it demands our information, we should have its information.

However, my preference is for individuals to vote with his / her feet and take the trading somewhere else. That's how ones starves the beast...

There's plenty of other options out there.

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:01:47 PM

This is definitely the Bittrex wallet https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/wallet.dws?111795.htm

Based on the distribution data available on Bittrex I no longer think that the 3rd largest address belongs to them. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/address.dws?111318.htm Both the 2nd and 3rd largest addresses may belong to long-term accumulators.

Cryptsy wallet continues to shrink, down to 16.55% now.

I'm curious where the Cryptopia and bleutrade wallets are. If anyone wants to withdraw and test it out please post here. If not I'll do it another time.

For now I will ask cryptoid to label the addresses (if they are able to 'follow' the Cryptsy wallet, as it changes addresses).

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 09:32:12 PM

There's lots of great services for Uno on http://Cryptap.us/uno

Check it out.

faucet
    paper wallet generator
    dice games (many different dice & other games to play)
    insight block explorer
    brainwallet
    pushtx
    vanity address
    jswallet
    copay
    electrum

Have fun with the dice games. They help to defray Cryptapus' cost of running the server and managing the services.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:47:34 PM

@ Baars! Good to see you.

And on the lighter side:

'The main reason Cryptsy follows KYC is b/c it is in bed with the government and deals with fiat.'

When the Aus. government required pensioners to declare their crypto holdings, I obliged. The outcome was fantastic:

an overworked CentreLink officer had to get Someone Else on the phone. Then, out of a combination of sheer ignorance and  disinterest, the officer condescendingly explained to me that cryptos aren't real money, and as long as I don't convert them INTO real money, they couldn't care less how many of them I owned.

Without a doubt, this position is wrong at this point, but at the time? I scuttled gleefully from the building.

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:54:45 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 12:18:42 AM by natmccoy

Cryptopia wallet: 1,730 UNO. Less than 1% of coins, now that is a healthy exchange amount!

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/wallet.dws?176686.htm

Bittrex is only 4%, that's a good amount as well. Cryptsy's 17% is the ridiculous one.

I'll test the Bleutrade wallet soon.

Edit: BLEUTRADE WALLET: 800 UNO 0.4% of all coins. Very reasonable amount.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/wallet.dws?129320.htm

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:58:38 PM

@ Baars! Good to see you.

And on the lighter side:

'The main reason Cryptsy follows KYC is b/c it is in bed with the government and deals with fiat.'

When the Aus. government required pensioners to declare their crypto holdings, I obliged. The outcome was fantastic:

an overworked CentreLink officer had to get Someone Else on the phone. Then, out of a combination of sheer ignorance and  disinterest, the officer condescendingly explained to me that cryptos aren't real money, and as long as I don't convert them INTO real money, they couldn't care less how many of them I owned.

Without a doubt, this position is wrong at this point, but at the time? I scuttled gleefully from the building.

LOL! That's an awesome story.

I just imagine someone showing a tax auditor their dogecoins. "Man I'm busy, I don't need to hear about your cartoon points, let's see your actual assets."

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:14:40 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 01:42:38 AM by natmccoy

To summarize:

Bleutrade: 814 0.42%

Cryptopia: 1,630 0.83%

Bittrex: 7,705 3.93%

Cryptsy: 32,459 16.55%

On the bright side that means 78% of coins are in personal wallets, that's probably much better than many cryptos. Still, withdraw from Cryptsy, or buy on Cryptsy then withdraw.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 02:22:10 AM

+1000 for natmccoy !!

excellent data/research

GOALS 2016
+80% of coins are in personal wallets
>5% of coins in any one exchange

*In fact cryptopia @ 0.83% is a better figure.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 02:59:59 AM

Do you mean '<5% on any one exchange'?

I'd say >84% in personal wallets and <11% in Cryptsy by the end of 2016 would be more reasonable but phenomenal. <15% in Cryptsy by the end of 2015.

The reason I'm pessimistic about Cryptsy itself is that signs point toward some 'stuck' coins there. I know that we've been reducing it, but a decent percentage of those must be abandoned. I mean, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if someone died with 10,000 UNO on Cryptsy...

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:38:06 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 05:57:17 AM by BitcoinNational

GOALS 2016
>84% of coins are in personal wallets
<5% on any one exchange
<15% on all exchanges/book/servers

(sorry i have 'more than' >< 'less than' dyslexia)

GOALS 2016 (Q1)
UNOnxt asset 1:1 traded on the NXT open exchange
UNOxcp asset 1:1 ... but no sure if helpful since it doesn't have similar exchange that I know of yet
(same for ETH, BTS ... but they're still very beta about open exchange)

---
The reason I'm pessimistic about Cryptsy itself is that signs point toward some 'stuck' coins there.
YEAP.  There are certainly stuck coins.  UNO less so than others.  But I've watched other-coins books and same asks stay in the same place for +12 months.

a decent percentage of those must be abandoned. I mean, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if someone died with 10,000 UNO on Cryptsy

possible. and I think there are a couple top50 wallets that were abandoned.  mining was pure chaos 2013/2014, some of the guys with big rigs must have been very dizzy and under slept with constantly mining the NXT big coin, finding the pool, tweaking the miners, and hardware failure, coupled with btc prices peaking, and mt gox, passwords, passwords, passwords, passwords.  There is a good argument for "Lost & Abandoned %".

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Pages: « 1 ... 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 [540] 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: