Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:17:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 [621] 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046628 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 02:51:35 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 03:44:22 PM by BitcoinNational

Stepped out of the office for a few hours did i miss anything?

briefest and wittiest distillation of what just went down:
https://twitter.com/cswalby/status/719402728766615553

ATTENTION James Sallah

1. The UNO community has apparently captured a rat in a transparent bottle for you.  
2. Has a competent forensic team to help explain how and why.
3. Even a Block Chain Expert with prior trial experience giving expert witness testimony on said subject.
4. UNO community also immediately detected and detered the out right theft of assets in your custody. And your Welcome.
5. (Yes if you not getting it there appears to be uncontaminated evidence pointing directly at a Mr Paul Vern).
6.  Call us. Else, we will certainly call you Wink

---
All I have to say is "wow!"
UNO community maybe the best in the business of digital money.

http://themerkle.com/coins-move-from-cryptsy-to-bittrex/
"Great article except one point: there is no such thing as a UNO bagholder."  
+point2: thunderJET!
+point3: 'panic dumping' ... sure there seems to be a few spikes followed by some opportunist but mostly confident buy ups ... never mind that the general UNO market held strong in the face of extreme hostility and a major crime was prevented simultaneously by UNO community ... no no ... UNO PANIC DUMPED ... now go and check the 'panic' numbers with the red numbers of ETH, DASH, XMR, XLM, Byte, Factum in the same exact time frame ... http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/ ...  Grin Wink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:24:18 PM

@Thunderjet:

Wow.  Just WOW and thanks.  Incredible skills.

You are the guy.  How close are you to Florida?  I think $399 an hour would be fair to charge 'em.

Thank you.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 03:46:23 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 09:07:09 PM by FallingKnife

I spoke with one of Mr. Sallah's associates today for about 45 minutes.  
It was definitely an unauthorized transfer of UNO. Their working theory is that Paul Vernon was behind this attempt to empty the UNO cold wallet at Cryptsy, and that he is hiding in China.

This morning they served a demand notice to Bittrex to recover the UNO from the wallet in question.

We the UNO community and they, the court appointed conservators, were both fortunate that those UNO funds were sent to Bittrex. Bittrex is a well-run US exchange that can be counted on to do the right thing. If the UNO had been transferred to an exchange such as BTER, out of the country beyond the court's jurisdiction, it might have been a different story.

The good news is that Unobtanium is now out of Paul Vernon's control if Bittrex responds to the demand letter, which I am confident they will. Although the funds need to be re-distributed to their owners yet, UNO now appears to be "safe" from Paul Vernon.

Previous message here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg14494331#msg14494331

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:52:10 PM

I spoke with one Mr. Sallah's associates today for about 45 minutes.  
It was definitely an unauthorized transfer of funds. Their working theory is that Paul Vernon was behind this attempt to empty the UNO cold wallet at Cryptsy.
This morning they served a demand notice to Bittrex to recover the UNO funds.

We the UNO community and they, the court appointed conservators, were both lucky that those UNO funds were sent to Bittrex. Bittre-x is a well-run US exchange that can be counted on to do the right thing. If the UNO had been transferred to an exchange such as BTER, it would have been game over.

The GOOD news is that Unobtanium is now out of Paul Vernon's control.  Although the funds need to be re-distributed to their owners yet, UNO is now "safe" from Paul Vernon.

If you have reason to remain in contact, introduce them to Thunderbolt.  The Hero We Deserve. (Can somebody do a Batman-type thing please...).

He may prove to be at least "the guy".
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 03:58:44 PM

Nostr:
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:15:52 PM

who's nukefxr??

&

stop your squabbling, ladies!
spamsucks

Activity: 306
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:13:18 PM

If you believe the comments from his employees then only vern had access to that code so therefore either the employees lie OR vern is doing it. I believe the later.

You aren't actually accusing the employees of craptsy of lying???!?!

Be still my heart. They would never do that. F or even suggesting that Jim will be banning you from the internet...

May Vern have mercy on your coins..
Doc Martin

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:23:17 PM

Say it ain't so, Verny old pal! Sad

Paging Marshall Long. Help!?!?
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:45:41 PM

who's nukefxr??

nukefxr is an OG cryptsy trader from a ways back, Cryptsy trollbox friend of mine from the UNB era if you will..

By the look of it he noticed the huge wallet on Trex and notified thunderjet. Thunderjet was really active in the last days/months of Cryptsy in the trollbox sharing all of his blockchain forensics findings with us and he became the go-to guy to find out the latest of what's going on..

nukefxr is a cool cat, hope he chimes in.. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=202332

He was involved with UNB with me way back and he still seems to be involved with Blasko on BitcointalkRaio.

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 09:34:28 PM

BN is up to something interesting. Not sure I understand completely yet, but it sure looks sparkly and fun in a UNO kind of way.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1430374.0

Nostr:
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:28:01 PM

Good, make it happen BN  Cool I may adopt your strategy.

F.K. Surely that was a hilarious & interesting 45 minute phone call. No more details? I wish you had recorded it  Cheesy

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 10:33:44 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2016, 01:52:41 AM by FallingKnife

Good, make it happen BN  Cool I may adopt your strategy.

F.K. Surely that was a hilarious & interesting 45 minute phone call. No more details? I wish you had recorded it  Cheesy

I should have, but it was a pretty boring call.  I spent a lot of time educating, walking him through the Chainz explorer richlist, showed him the Bittrex distribution chart, mentioned how the  UNO community had tied withdrawals to that wallet before it was locked...  Stuff you guys already know. The only interesting thing I learned was that they had sent a demand letter to 'trex first thing this morning after reading it on Twitter.  Bittrex has a policy against commenting, so don't wait for further details from them; specifics might work their way back into court proceedings eventually. The impression I was left with was that Bittrex was taking it all very seriously.

Nostr:
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:46:20 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2016, 06:20:35 PM by Testing Crypto

BN is up to something interesting. Not sure I understand completely yet, but it sure looks sparkly and fun in a UNO kind of way.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1430374.0

Never a dull moment with BN (thinking what or who is BN, then clicks link), some Legends speak louder than others & some don't talk @ all ( or very seldom). So many new names over the years on this forum (many faces or masks), still remember my first Testz account that was lost or hacked  way back when & then real life nickname Huh, but decided to make Testing Crypto (Simple Machines Forum). The "Not so Instant Message", of the internet talks of the world (IRC with graphics or Slack & others like Skype <all IM>), some good & some bad, but much greatness could come out of all this if built right  Cool

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:20:16 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 11:34:09 PM by natmccoy

F.K.

That reinforces our thoughts that he was unaware of security. It truly boggles the mind if they didn't hire some government tech lackeys to secure it. "Here Bob, there's millions of dollars of cryptographic keys on these computers. I know you don't know anything about that stuff so pile 'em in the evidence closet & go on vacation."

I'm sure he's a nice guy who's very good at what he has done in the past, but shouldn't he have realized that he was in over his head with the tech side of this? What causes someone to assume that by doing nothing they have things more secure than the original exchange owner who was hacked, which caused these problems in the first place!  Lips sealed

Anyway; We're Home Free Boys

Any similar reports from other cryptos or were we the only one?  Cheesy

o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:00:39 AM

Bittrex now has a 200 million Digibyte top address.. I'm willing to bet verns in control of this one doing it too... i hope bittrex are on high alert and blocking all incoming large balances from their wallets.

Netcoin took a hit the other day 5.85 million dumped in 1 go. Went from 85 sat to 50. Im suspecting other coins have a similar pattern? Thunderjet you able to look at netcoin and digibyte and see if those are also from cryptsy? They are big balances so i suspect those are.

Maybe we should start listing other coins that have this on bittrex to compound the evidence against Paul more. This guy just digs deeper holes.
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 01:47:56 AM

Wow. 15,200 UNO. This looks more and more like outright embezzlement everyday. They must be raping other coins too I imagine.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 01:51:01 AM

Maybe we should start listing other coins that have this on bittrex to compound the evidence against Paul more. This guy just digs deeper holes.

The court conservator would really appreciate this information for other coins stuck on Cryptsy.  He asked me if there were "more people" like me, but I had to admit I am basically UNO centric, and that many of the other coins on Cryptsy are not as well supported as UNO in terms of community interest, block explorers, with obsessive compulsive block chain sleuths, etc.

I would encourage other altcoin communities with coins on Cryptsy to identify their cold storage wallets and watch them extremely closely for any movement. We were lucky with UNO yesterday, but the community made that luck. We have literally been watching that wallet daily for 90+ days. We don't have a Chinese exchange for UNO, so that was also a fortunate fact. Our deepest market, Bittrex, is in the USA. These things all came together yesterday to help us protect 15K UNO from theft.

Btw,
IMZ just sent this interesting article about Paul Vernon and Bitebi9 exchange. http://coinjournal.net/cryptsy-paul-vernon-exchange-china/

Nostr:
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 01:54:06 AM

Bittrex now has a 200 million Digibyte top address.. I'm willing to bet verns in control of this one doing it too... i hope bittrex are on high alert and blocking all incoming large balances from their wallets.

Netcoin took a hit the other day 5.85 million dumped in 1 go. Went from 85 sat to 50. Im suspecting other coins have a similar pattern? Thunderjet you able to look at netcoin and digibyte and see if those are also from cryptsy? They are big balances so i suspect those are.

Not sure how they'd block them. They should just trap them. How they return them to their rightful owners is an entirely different animal. They would need to contact the person overseeing the BK proceedings.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 02:03:28 AM

The court conservator would really appreciate this information for other coins stuck on Cryptsy.  He asked me if there were "more people" like me, but I had to admit I am basically UNO centric, and that many of the other coins on Cryptsy are not as well supported as UNO in terms of community interest, block explorers, with obsessive compulsive block chain sleuths, etc.

I would encourage other altcoin communities with coins on Cryptsy to identify their cold storage wallets and watch them extremely closely for any movement. We were lucky with UNO yesterday, but the community made that luck. We have literally been watching that wallet daily for 90+ days. We don't have a Chinese exchange for UNO, so that was also a fortunate fact. Our deepest market, Bittrex, is in the USA. These things all came together yesterday to help us protect 15K UNO from theft.

Btw,
IMZ just sent this interesting article about Paul Vernon and Bitebi9 exchange. http://coinjournal.net/cryptsy-paul-vernon-exchange-china/

Ive just notified bittrex of the 200 million DGB to address (1/30th of all supply) that dwarfs the next balance of i think 6 million its something like that maybe 10 million. This only showed up the last few days like UNO. They replied to my ticket thanking for the tip.

I also informed them about netcoin which took a 5.85 million hit sell which is out of the ordinary being sold straight into the book considering the staking balance needed to generate that and time... This could be just a natural sell but it looked funny. Was only 2btc worth @ 85 sat down to 50 sat.

I'm watching the balances on coins i have @ bittrex. Its unlikely we see more though. Paul reads bitcointalk and would have realised his error and the distribution part on the site. I think poloniex will be his next target whilst the receivers move out the coins to secure addresses. Unless poloniex is watching new accounts or balances he might get away with the dumping of some of it.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:32:33 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2016, 05:45:25 AM by edgar

Btw,

Definitely spread the word far & wide!!

This article makes them sound dense and/or just indifferent to what they were/ARE doing!!

Liu Xiuxia / Xiuxia Liu ...

Pages: « 1 ... 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 [621] 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: