Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:44:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506536 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jjj0923

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 04:24:57 PM

just an observation..

I ordered Gridseed blades with a delivery time of 5 days a few weeks ago knowing full well that at any day and at any time another system could be announced that would offer hash rates cheaper and when the gawminer and hashra units were announced I didn't go back to the company I ordered from an ask for a refund - sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you....at the point in time I ordered it was the best deal going and I accept that - risk, reward and return go hand in hand - you can't gamble without accepting risk.

that said - I will say that if a company sold me a system and that company had full knowledge that the system they were selling me would be 'kind of' obsoleted price wise by a system they were involved in developing and delivering within a few weeks of the date they sold me the prior system - I would indeed be upset.

jussayin...

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
xspeed9190

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:33:16 PM

I am thinking about buying a few asics but I am stuck between GAW and Zeus.  Can someone tell me why I would want to buy a fury vs blizzard.  When the blizzard is 1.2 + 60% additional cloud hashing vs the fury 1 mh/s.
thanks

Our week two price is the same. We will be at the same speed (we always advertise the lowest speeds) and we take credit cards Smiley
The reason I keep coming back to GAW, is your US base and you take credit cards.  Can you tell me what the dimensions are of the fury, it says pocket sized and it says it comes with a PSU it looks like two 8 pin connectors for regular PC PSUs? 
Are there any direct competition offers for the cloud hashing bonus?

I think it is great what you are doing about the gridseed issue, however I am hesitant because I saw there is another company Flower Tech releasing the daisy next quarter that is 10Mh/s for $329. https://www.flowertechnology.com/product/the-daisy/
I don't want to buy a 1Mh/s for 2/3 of the price of 10x more power.  I want to buy a from you but I need to be convinced. 

BTC:19vSvHFzpFegJJsqCnkXTSPQF4UE3Vsm6i
GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:36:39 PM

just an observation..

I ordered Gridseed blades with a delivery time of 5 days a few weeks ago knowing full well that at any day and at any time another system could be announced that would offer hash rates cheaper and when the gawminer and hashra units were announced I didn't go back to the company I ordered from an ask for a refund - sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you....at the point in time I ordered it was the best deal going and I accept that - risk, reward and return go hand in hand - you can't gamble without accepting risk.

that said - I will say that if a company sold me a system and that company had full knowledge that the system they were selling me would be 'kind of' obsoleted price wise by a system they were involved in developing and delivering within a few weeks of the date they sold me the prior system - I would indeed be upset.

jussayin...

As I have said many times. We have no control on how gridseed changes the price or any warning when they are about to.

Let me illustrate this:

Last week (before the price drop) they called us and said that there was a Chinese holiday at the end of the week. And if we did not order as much as possible, we would not get any of our gear shipped later in the week.

So we did, we ordered as much as possible.

Then they changed the prices. Literally, the NEXT business day, they changed he prices by 40%.

This week.

After many emails, threats, etc. They finally agreed to a compensation for customer that bought blades. But, it was far less then what was right.

So we were scheduled to meet again to review.

A few people in the company saw our thread on how they were handling things. They got pissed about our transparency about all this. They then reneged on the entire reimbursement for customer and went back on their word. They then demanded that I fly one of my executives to their office to apologize to the CEO. This has been done and I am not waiting to see if they "feel" like doing the reimbursements.

Thats what I am dealing with.
xspeed9190

Activity: 189

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:41:45 PM

just an observation..

jussayin...

As I have said many times. We have no control on how gridseed changes the price or any warning when they are about to.

Let me illustrate this:

Last week (before the price drop) they called us and said that there was a Chinese holiday at the end of the week. And if we did not order as much as possible, we would not get any of our gear shipped later in the week.

Then they changed the prices. Literally, the NEXT business day, they changed he prices by 40%.

This week.

After many emails, threats, etc. They finally agreed to a compensation for customer that bought blades. But, it was far less then what was right.

A few people in the company saw our thread on how they were handling things. They got pissed about our transparency about all this. They then reneged on the entire reimbursement for customer and went back on their word. They then demanded that I fly one of my executives to their office to apologize to the CEO. This has been done and I am not waiting to see if they "feel" like doing the reimbursements.

Transparency + Honesty = loyal customers

BTC:19vSvHFzpFegJJsqCnkXTSPQF4UE3Vsm6i
GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:44:18 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 04:57:45 PM by GAW Miners_CEO

I am thinking about buying a few asics but I am stuck between GAW and Zeus.  Can someone tell me why I would want to buy a fury vs blizzard.  When the blizzard is 1.2 + 60% additional cloud hashing vs the fury 1 mh/s.
thanks

Our week two price is the same. We will be at the same speed (we always advertise the lowest speeds) and we take credit cards Smiley
The reason I keep coming back to GAW, is your US base and you take credit cards.  Can you tell me what the dimensions are of the fury, it says pocket sized and it says it comes with a PSU it looks like two 8 pin connectors for regular PC PSUs?  
Are there any direct competition offers for the cloud hashing bonus?

I think it is great what you are doing about the gridseed issue, however I am hesitant because I saw there is another company Flower Tech releasing the daisy next quarter that is 10Mh/s for $329. https://www.flowertechnology.com/product/the-daisy/
I don't want to buy a 1Mh/s for 2/3 of the price of 10x more power.  I want to buy a from you but I need to be convinced.  

Let me think on the hosting bonus

Regarding Flower. I am direct discussions with them (owner Brock). I would wait until I can confirm things. If they are real, we will carry.
JHammer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:45:05 PM

just an observation..

jussayin...

Let me illustrate this:

This week.

I can understand why you are creating your own line of miners now..    I have been caught by this sudden huge price decrease twice now..
jjj0923

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 05:08:06 PM

I feel for the guys at Gawminers - they have no control over Gridseeds pricing. If Gridseeds chose to leave their prices as is then many people would not feel slighted.

In Gawminers defense they're not given these things on credit. I have dealt with Chinese companies and it's money up front all the time.
Gawminers paid the prevailing cost and the time of purchase and they should not be penalized because Gridseed chose to reduce pricing.

just my humble .02 and I can commisserate because I'm sitting on 3 brand new Gridseed Blades myself, but I've put my man panties on and I'm moving on. I know that a lot of 'pioneers' often ended up with arrows in their back. LOL and besides - each of my blades has been making me money that I did not have from the moment I turned them on.

Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
DaZuru

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:16:18 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 09:54:43 PM by DaZuru

just an observation..

jussayin...

Let me illustrate this:

This week.

I appreciate you going to bat for us, but if I were you, I would have their CEO fly out and apologize for using the Chinese holiday as a cover to garnish last minute sales before the price went down. They should have said that the price was going down but you would have to wait a week due to the holiday and left the decision up to you. They are upset because if crap like this gets out, we will not buy their equipment. They need to choose whether they are going to try and cover this up, or admit poor judgement on their selling practices, and save face. This does not sit well with you because you understand the value of good customer service. When there is a perception that one side is winning over the other, bad things happen.

Keep up the good fight, don't let them change you.
MinersAnonymous

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:17:33 PM

I have viewed this forum for quite some time, never really bothered to post an opinion until now.

After multiple orders with GAW Miners I feel they deserve a +1 from another supporter on this forum.
I can say they truly have a team of good people with the qualities needed to go far. Their team really is there to help and not trying to make an extra buck at your expense.

I am hoping to see GAW Miners continue to grow and will be sticking by their side in the long run!
Byte me

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:25:06 PM

just an observation..

jussayin...

Let me illustrate this:

This week.

I appreciate you going to bat for us, but if I was you, I would have their CEO fly out and apologize for using the Chinese holiday as a cover to garnish last minute sales before the price went down. They should have said that the price was going down but you would have to wait a week due to the holiday and left the decision up to you. They are upset because if crap like this gets out, we will not buy their equipment. They need to choose whether they are going to try and cover this up, or admit poor judgement on their selling practices, and save face. This does not sit well with you because you understand the value of good customer service. When there is a perception that one side is winning over the other, bad things happen.

Keep up the good fight, don't let them change you.

100% right. I think if Gridseed will not reimburse the customers, they will lose more money from losing future customers (see how many new asic companies are coming up, Gridseed is not the only solution anymore) then from paying that money back. I hear a lot of talk about that Gridseed case now in the community and people dont like it. This is not 20 years ago, there is internet, companies can lose all their business in a heartbeat.

I think Gridseed need to do whats right or they will may lose a lot of business.
Gridseed need to see this as an opportunity to attract more customers by doing right with their excising one, its just logical business decision, its free press + doing what right.
jjj0923

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 05:29:15 PM

I think Gridseed need to do whats right or they will may lost a lot of business.

I disagree - gridseed does not have to do anything - gridseed is not the company that came out with a cheaper replacement - if they did..it would be a different story, but clearly they did not.

complain to zeus, gawminers and hashra for releasing faster/cheaper units.... LOL

Byte me

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:36:05 PM

I think Gridseed need to do whats right or they will may lost a lot of business.

I disagree - gridseed does not have to do anything - gridseed is not the company that came out with a cheaper replacement - if they did..it would be a different story, but clearly they did not.

complain to zeus, gawminers and hashra for releasing faster/cheaper units.... LOL

No, you are missing the whole point. If Gridseed can afford to sale baldes in this price now, why did they price them so high in the first place? It is just pure greed. They could price them this low even before, but they wanted to make more money. Ok, wanted to make more money? Fine. But dont drop the price by 40% the next day! I cant even sale those now. They really dont care about customers.
BitcoinGeekBoy

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:41:35 PM

No, you are missing the whole point. If Gridseed can afford to sale baldes in this price now, why did they price them so high in the first place? It is just pure greed. They could price them this low even before, but they wanted to make more money. Ok, wanted to make more money? Fine. But dont drop the price by 40% the next day! I cant even sale those now. They really dont care about customers.

Time to have a massive Boycott against Gridseed then?  Ha!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8923

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 06:17:09 PM

Gridseed is partnering with Innosilicon (was supposed to be an "exclusive" partner but that was later retracted so not sure where that stands now), which have cheaper/more powerful units they claim will deliver sooner than Zeus. So it looks like there are two camps now - Innosilicon + partners vs Zeus + clones, and GAW and Gridseed found themselves on the opposite sides. It's kind expected to have some friction when a major reseller becomes a competitor. A bit of a pot and kettle argument going on here.
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:46:32 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 06:56:56 PM by PeaMine

With ASICS I believe the selling price is relative to the hashing power's value.
I'd pay three times the current price for a 5MH asic 3 months ago, and two times 2 months ago.
Most likely all producers are "burning them in/testing" and depending on the profit they can get running them vs selling them determines the price.
It usually seems to be around 100 days ROI based on current MH/BTC, though the difficulty curve has been more swift than that recently.

If someone had a 22nm ASIC, I doubt they'd even start selling it until daily profit was becoming less than what they'd make in 100~ days vs selling it and investing in something better(I'd probably buy X11 GPU farm hosting GAW).

So with GAW Miner's previous existing order upgrade to the new 5.2MH blades, they pretty much let everyone get a reset on their EOL at a deal.
That is quite honorable and was what brought me here, hopefully we get something similar this round =D

Also thanks for the stability update, went from 5.2 to 5.5MH 24 AVG

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
maxolo1234

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:46:19 PM

Just dropping by to say I'm really loving doing business with GAW miners- great machines, great service. Really appreciate all the support I've been given with my initial issues. Keep it up guys, you're doing god's work here.  Grin
CDCoinminer

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:11:10 PM

Well I got the two Gridseed 5-chip units I ordered.  They shipped pretty quickly.  GAWminers was nice enough to give me store credit when the price dropped $20 the day after I ordered them.  I would have preferred to have know at the time of purchase the units had already been actively mining and I would be getting a couple plucked from GAWminer's farm.  There is no mention of that on the product page. 
bitmutiny

Activity: 91
Merit: 11

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:15:47 PM

I ordered two blades when the website said they were in stock. Got an email saying they were shipped on the 7th, but all USPS has received is electronic info, no shipment. This is now two days after GAW said it shipped, but USPS has not received anything.

What happened to in-stock with immediate shipping? Shipping is not send out electronic info but holding merchandise.

yeahright

Activity: 297

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:33:58 PM

Is anybody's blade down?  I tried restarting mine but no luck.  I already opened up a ticket, wondering if it is just me or not.
volder

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:35:22 PM

Is anybody's blade down?  I tried restarting mine but no luck.  I already opened up a ticket, wondering if it is just me or not.
All mine are up and hashing.

Regular Guy™
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: