Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:17:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Neo & Bee talk (spam free thread)  (Read 261795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:16:26 PM

http://dpaste.com/1761928/

Address:
1NfXM69erAWPDdNrZ2k2UkuV7HDPc6Ebwk

TAT Investments, ThickAsThieves, terminated any affiliation and contractual obligations with LMB Subsidiaries and Neo today, March 28, 2014. All questions about LMB Subsidiaries, Neo, and the NEOBEE listing should be directed to LMB, Neo employees, or Danny Brewster, CEO. As Havelock Investments has indicated, there has been indication of suspicious trading activity, and Neo has recommended the halting of all transfers and trading.

Signature:
IKRaB+ypjqM0+b5Bkt9+d3sLvu928XZAjkJX6T/wPZVLsXhGpu385c3aFT2jcJz1Ma+6q11XcmXvN3jv4hmdfsQ=

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herp (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:28:34 PM

Since TaT posted here, the person on IRC seems to be legit.

Here is the reason for why he stepped down:

[23:26] <ThickAsThieves> The basic reason is that, with my role being largely to facilitate transfers, I could not perform my contract without guarantee it would not make me party to the trading activity under investigation. As mentioned, Neo also recommended halting all such activity as well.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

velacreations

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:43:07 PM

yes, it seems legit, not sure about the reasons. 

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:00:15 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 11:27:09 PM by GreenBits

My inexpert interpretation:

Quote:
<ThickAsThieves> The basic reason is that, with my role being largely to facilitate transfers, I could not perform my contract without guarantee it would not make me party to the trading activity under investigation. As mentioned, Neo also recommended halting all such activity as well.

Translation:
Since I am responsible for adding new shares to Havelock; I will not be held legally responsible for facilitating the blatant market manipulation going on right now, and I'm distancing myself from this. And, because the price is being manipulated so severely at the moment; Neo, not myself, has made the decision to freeze trading.

~Green

velacreations

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:04:17 PM

that seems like a leap to me.

Stelios

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:05:31 PM

Signed Announcement: http://dpaste.com/1761928/
thanks TAT, Can you elaborate on the reason you took this decision please?
GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:07:26 PM

Hence, inexpert interpretation, and I have no intention of FUD; i currently own 800 shares and would have many more if trading wasnt frozen.

However, if what I propose is indeed the case I dont think it reflects poorly on either party; it actually seems like a pretty mature decision.
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 10:15:30 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 10:26:05 PM by zumzero

Well done for creating this thread.  It's a breath of fresh air.  I shan't be posting here although I'm a shareholder and am pleased to merely lurk.  NB imo is what is needed and will accompany Bitcoin in its success.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
thekekk

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:20:58 PM

To Further Clarify,

The request to Halt trading was made by the Compliance and Risk Management Officer at Neo and Bee Ltd.  The issue has to do with their Exchange platform and not with Havelock's platform. All of our other Funds are working as usual. We hope that the situation will be resolved as soon as possible. All questions should be directed to LMB holding - Neo and Bee.

Thank you,

Havelock Investments

BTC: 1AqwCAprjKRniThdxvCDx1TMPUYsqd8ig7
EAC: eYqPmqv3AiB12Z5b2MMpNm1vXtVPnp5PPX
e-token: e4ViTyRpJF9whLiKtLaAranijfeoTrww4u
mitkos1

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:33:18 PM

Two hours before trading stoped I've sold all my shares of neobee. I just wanted a few more cheap shears. Right now I'm just feeling lucky. I've withdraw btc too....untill the dust sattles down.
Herp (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:38:49 PM

the compliance officer of Neo and Bee Ltd has stated that due to an increase of abnormal activity on the LMB share platform, there may be a high possibility of questionable trading activity.
It's interesting that Neo mentioned suspicious activity on LMB platform. A recent highly suspicious selling thread comes to mind, with what I think were "faked" transfers between accounts owned by the same individual, in order to create a panic.

link to what I think was a fake sale, meant to manipulate share price lower: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526430.0

This seller was supposedly selling shares way below market value on LMB platform.

p.s: notice name of the seller "btcapples". A notorious spammer troll connected to Mpex.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

thekekk

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:48:13 PM

the compliance officer of Neo and Bee Ltd has stated that due to an increase of abnormal activity on the LMB share platform, there may be a high possibility of questionable trading activity.
It's interesting that Neo mentioned suspicious activity on LMB platform. A recent highly suspicious selling thread comes to mind, with what I think were "faked" transfers between accounts owned by the same individual, in order to create a panic.

link to what I think was a fake sale, meant to manipulate share price lower: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526430.0

This seller was supposedly selling shares way below market value on LMB platform.

p.s: notice name of the seller "btcapples". A notorious spammer troll connected to Mpex.

All come together now, this looks more like an organised scam
those trolls on main thread were certainly posting for profit

Herp (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:49:20 PM

Exactly. I've warned at the time the thread was a manipulation attempt, not a genuine sale. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526430.msg5903918#msg5903918

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

sairon

Activity: 406

One does not simply mine Bitcoins

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:51:25 PM

Exactly. I've warned at the time the thread was a manipulation attempt, not a genuine sale. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526430.msg5903918#msg5903918

could be a hacked lmb account and he was trading stolen shares for "clean" ones on havelock maybe? that would explain the lower price

GPG key ID: 5E4F108A || BTC: 1hoardyponb9AMWhyA28DZb5n5g2bRY8v
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:53:07 PM

A handful of people, including me, confirmed on his thread that the trades were legit.
Of course, that does not mean these were not stolen shares.
thekekk

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:55:23 PM

the question now is how many got stolen and how many got dumped?

Herp (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:55:55 PM

could be a hacked lmb account and he was trading stolen shares for "clean" ones on havelock maybe? that would explain the lower price

Don't think so but that's also possible. I think guy actually owns Neo shares and wanted to manipulate price lower to buy cheaper. He faked the sale and also brought fresh shill accounts to confirm they've bought these shares, to make it look legit. Just check the thread.

It's known fact Tuur Demeester bought Neo shares recently, which is very bullish sign and gives Neo a lot of validation. Lots of people want to get their hands on cheap shares before more big boys come in.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

sairon

Activity: 406

One does not simply mine Bitcoins

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:02:55 PM

Don't think so but that's also possible. I think guy actually owns Neo shares and wanted to manipulate price lower to buy cheaper. He faked the sale and also brought fresh shill accounts to confirm they've bought these shares, to make it look legit. Just check the thread.

It's known fact Tuur Demeester bought Neo shares recently, which is very bullish sign and gives Neo a lot of validation. Lots of people want to get their hands on cheap shares before more big boys come in.

doesn't make a lot of sense to me, it's not like the share prices have skyrocketed recently.

my bet is on either a major shareholder's account hack or some fuck-up in the ledger managed directly at lmb-holdings.com (didn't check what the number of shares from public ledger listed there add up to tho, it's just a wild guess)

that said, i'm holding

GPG key ID: 5E4F108A || BTC: 1hoardyponb9AMWhyA28DZb5n5g2bRY8v
Herp (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:03:14 PM

A handful of people, including me, confirmed on his thread that the trades were legit.
Of course, that does not mean these were not stolen shares.

It's possible he actually sold some of these to people to make it look more real. It most likely was a small amount and the rest was fake.

Point is, it was an obvious manipulation attempt to drive price lower, regardless of the methods employed.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:06:09 PM

I can confirm that I purchased 800 shares; and saw them transmitted in real time to my account as we conducted the trade. I am most certainly not btcapples.

As of writing this the shares are stilll under my control on LMB holdings, as indicated by my share balance.

I will say that I believe the shares are legitimate; the sale may be considered a market manipulation however. Expect to see a new ToS that specifies rules on out of platform trades

~Green
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: