Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:11:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Neo & Bee talk (spam free thread)  (Read 261786 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
creekbore

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:38:40 AM

This was recently uploaded March 24th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROPq4wK68rA&feature=youtu.be

Published on Mar 24, 2014

Remarks by D. Andreou, Ph.D., Vice President of Administration
and Enrollment
Mr. G. Papageorgiou, Chief Business Developer, Neo and Bee Ltd.
"Bitcoin and Neo: from FEEdom to Freedom"

Business Week 2014, is an annual forum organized by the Academic Societies of the School of Business of the American College of Greece (ACG). The event, which will take place on 17-20 March 2014 in the ACG campus, aims to bring together ACG business students, faculty and alumni with distinguished industry professionals and academics from different fields of business. For a number of years this high-profile event has enjoyed excellent participation and media coverage, and has succeeded in fostering the sharing of knowledge, ideas and best practices between business and academia.

Commenting to subscribe....nice one Herp.

I wish someone would close the other thread. 

"Markets always move in the direction to hurt the most investors." AnonyMint
"Market depth is meaningless" AdamstgBit
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:08:18 AM

happy to see this thread pop up Smiley

talktopab

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:22:29 AM

Me too. Whoever regulate this thread will have hard work. It was becoming too much trolling and really annoyed to read all that on the other thread
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:50:02 AM

I dunno if this was posted recently, but:
"Our announcement in relation to the discussion about #Bitcoin in the Parliament Of #Cyprus: https://www.dropbox.com/s/embfr1m0o60aqcc/Announcement%20En.pdf"
Found here: https://twitter.com/NeoandBee
ex-trader

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:02:58 AM

This thread is a little more civilised, so I'll ask the following questions:

1. Why will Neo not confirm if it has any actual products or customers (the website suggests otherwise)?
2. Why will it not confirm and validate it's finances?
3. Why given the extreme criticism in the other thread and suggestions that it's CEO has fled the country, is no-one stepping in from the firm to deny or disprove it.

The first two questions have been unanswered for some time, but the last issue which is new and seems initially outrageous must be addressed.
thekekk

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:12:50 AM

Tonight at Cyprus 60 minutes (20:10 GMT) Bitcoin will be discussed. Neo representatives will be there

BTC: 1AqwCAprjKRniThdxvCDx1TMPUYsqd8ig7
EAC: eYqPmqv3AiB12Z5b2MMpNm1vXtVPnp5PPX
e-token: e4ViTyRpJF9whLiKtLaAranijfeoTrww4u
thekekk

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:19:28 AM

1. Why will Neo not confirm if it has any actual products or customers (the website suggests otherwise)?
3. Why given the extreme criticism in the other thread and suggestions that it's CEO has fled the country, is no-one stepping in from the firm to deny or disprove it.

The first two questions have been unanswered for some time, but the last issue which is new and seems initially outrageous must be addressed.

why not call neo & bee office and learn for your self if they left Cyprus. They are really helpful
+357 22020044

creekbore

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:23:03 AM

I agree with all your comments and questions.

Re: Q2  -- I don't think they are under obligation to do so.  Such is the current BTC environment.
Re: Q3  -- Outrageous is a good adjective.  The fact George gave the talk above a couple of days back suggests the company is still solvent.  I imagine the truth is probably that Danny is either having a holiday or has had some personal issues (brought on by the intense scrutiny of the trolls here?) --- he has put a lot into this project and I imagine it has taken its toll.  I also think he is over this place.  But I would like to see the rumours quashed categorically and the other thread closed.

Cmark0

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:24:57 AM

why not call neo & bee office and learn for your self if they left Cyprus. They are really helpful
+357 22020044

Thanks for the info thekekk. That's on SigmaTV right?
thekekk

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:41:27 AM

+357 22020044

yes, live link for tonight
http://www.sigmatv.com/

bitcoinbboyce

Activity: 156

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:44:21 AM

3. Danny had to deny a range of stupid troll accusations in this thread the other week, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516460.msg5710145 ..... What would we rather Neo & Bee do, deny every troll accusation....or concentrate on the business?
michaelGedi

Activity: 364

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:56:49 AM

3. Danny had to deny a range of stupid troll accusations in this thread the other week, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516460.msg5710145 ..... What would we rather Neo & Bee do, deny every troll accusation....or concentrate on the business?

yes, don't feed the trolls basically... the other thread has become a feeding ground...

I don't think discussion or updates from NEO on the bitcointalk forum to placate shareholders is going to help their business much.. "actions speak louder than words" comes to mind.

Speaking up here might have some kind of effect on the share price and this rather pathetic campaign to spread misinformation and dump the price down, but does that actually benefit them at this time? Will that help the longer term goals of the business? Better to let the business speak for itself, and the weird internet creatures will just look all the more ridiculous.

In the meantime, leave them alone, laugh (they are an interesting phenomena in my opinion), and try and profit from a lower share price if you believe that that is connected. If the business is successful... that is that and the volume of appreciation will reflect that, if it is not... then worrying about the trolling is also a waste of time, in fact they will just help you come to terms with reality quicker.

The fact that it has become so aggressive does potentially demonstrate the potential value that they hold these shares in. Especially with it coming after the new prospectus etc..

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
Stelios

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:15:43 PM

+357 22020044

yes, live link for tonight
http://www.sigmatv.com/

Thanks for the info thekekk!
Herp, thanks for the new thread!

S.K.
Herp (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:27:52 PM

Not sure how many have seen this recent news coming out of Denmark http://www.coindesk.com/denmark-declares-bitcoin-trades-tax-free/

It would seem UK set a taxation model for the EU http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/03/bitcoin-trades-uk-tax-digital-currency, which other countries such as Denmark are now following. This has very positive implications for Neo and we can expect Cyprus to copy the same model.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

NanoAkron

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:06:16 PM

Not sure how many have seen this recent news coming out of Denmark http://www.coindesk.com/denmark-declares-bitcoin-trades-tax-free/

It would seem UK set a taxation model for the EU http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/03/bitcoin-trades-uk-tax-digital-currency, which other countries such as Denmark are now following. This has very positive implications for Neo and we can expect Cyprus to copy the same model.

This is the thing with NEO - it only takes one country for it to explode into the public consciousness. Let's hope that country is Cyprus.

The only worry I have is that their bankers are under secret pressure from the ECB...
SZZT

Activity: 273

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:34:35 PM

@nanoakron
the pressure is not so secret, in any country i'm afraid.
Yet i am more than certain that by the end of 2014, Bitcoin will be formally recognised in cyprus.

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8
creekbore

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:50:46 PM

@Herp
Disappointed you deleted Peter's post -- he raised some pertinent points.

It's pretty easy to see who the trolls are: not just length of tenure and number of posts but also the content of the posts esp the first 5 or ten (you don't have to be a psychologist to work it out). 

We are all annoyed with the troll-fest but if we start fighting among ourselves they win.

Herp (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:57:36 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 03:09:35 PM by Herp

@Herp
Disappointed you deleted Peter's post -- he raised some pertinent points.

It's pretty easy to see who the trolls are: not just length of tenure and number of posts but also the content of the posts esp the first 5 or ten (you don't have to be a psychologist to work it out).  

We are all annoyed with the troll-fest but if we start fighting among ourselves they win.

Lambert or pankkake are part of the troll account collection. He systematically troll spammed the Havelock thread. It's no secret account selling is allowed on this forum.

He posted some vitriol about Neo and some betting site link that discredits Neo. The betting sites are MPEx owner new found passion and guy has money to throw around from all the people he ripped off with those insanely high fees.

Him and others connected to MPEx spam campaign won't be allowed to post their vitriol in here.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

jakedeez

Activity: 512

ICO is evil

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:21:33 PM

Hey Herp, sorry if this comes off as really noobish, but what exactly do you see as Neo's revenue model?  They actively discourage speculative trading in the branch (Danny told me this himself, face to face), and despite looking into it, I can't figure out exactly how they plan to make money.  Unless of course it is from their "fiat stable" accounts benefiting from a rise in bitcoin.  Also, what kind of risk do you see to them if coin prices fall, due to the same issue of having a "fiat stable" account base?

Thanks.
Herp (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:24:34 PM

Hey Herp, sorry if this comes off as really noobish, but what exactly do you see as Neo's revenue model?  They actively discourage speculative trading in the branch (Danny told me this himself, face to face), and despite looking into it, I can't figure out exactly how they plan to make money.  Unless of course it is from their "fiat stable" accounts benefiting from a rise in bitcoin.  Also, what kind of risk do you see to them if coin prices fall, due to the same issue of having a "fiat stable" account base?

Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1khGADbJeu0efCNZ13lnz8BucG7PfS5Cl9lBZ1sncY-4/edit

This recently released updated prospectus should answer your questions.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: