Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:35:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinSpinner  (Read 55412 times)
realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 01:09:43 PM

Just tried importing a BitcoinSpinner private key with Blockchain.info. You have to use "Sipa Wallet Import Format" when importing on their site.

Excellent.  Thank you for the explanation and help.

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xzion

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:53:46 PM

loving the app so far, only thing i would like to see is a bit of basic security.

i.e. a 4 digit pin entered when you first open the app. Both sending BTC and exporting private keys should require this pin. if someone grabs or steals your phone at least you know they won't be able to instantly transfer all of your coins, giving you a bit of time to add the private key elsewhere and transfer them out.

Tips: 1xzionJBueq1AkPSmexA7suWkztAkNwSs
vuce

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 12:20:56 AM

loving the app so far, only thing i would like to see is a bit of basic security.

i.e. a 4 digit pin entered when you first open the app. Both sending BTC and exporting private keys should require this pin. if someone grabs or steals your phone at least you know they won't be able to instantly transfer all of your coins, giving you a bit of time to add the private key elsewhere and transfer them out.
+1
pazor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 07:56:27 AM

+1
 Cheesy

treuhand-Dienst gewünscht? - frag per PM an
BTC 174X17nR7vEQBQo4GXKRGMGaTmB49Gf1yT
Jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:11:06 AM

Sounds like a good addition. I think the PIN should be optional, and something you can enable in Settings. If PIN is enabled you will get prompted for it whenever you:
  • Send coins
  • Make wallet backups
  • Restore wallets on top of the existing one
  • Export private keys
This way you can start the app and see your balance without entering a PIN

I am right now working on an address book, which I think most people are asking for (including myself  Cheesy)
In the meantime, if you are nervous about people stealing your device you should PIN protect the entire device, which is generally a good idea.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:39:39 AM

Update 0.4.3b is now available
  • Bug Fix: The bug where you could not spend less than 1 BTC is fixed
  • BTC balance also shown as USD value: We automatically calculate the USD value using the current MtGox BTC buy price in USD
  • Faster initialization: BitcoinSpinner no longer needs to initialize from scratch whenever you open it. If you click the Back button on the Main screen the app goes into the background
  • Improved Transaction History: Unconfirmed transactions tell that they are unconfirmed, and transactions with less than 5 confirmations are displayed in a different color
  • Improved QR code UI: The bug where some users experienced that the 'Copy to Clipboard' button was missing is fixed
  • Added a donation button: If you click the Options button on the main screen there is a Donation option, which allows you to donate to our development effort and help paying the server bills. Please use it vigorously  Wink

If you like BitcoinSpinner then please give it a good rating at the Android Marketplace.

phatsphere

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:58:19 AM

In the meantime, if you are nervous about people stealing your device you should PIN protect the entire device, which is generally a good idea.
Well, I think it gives you a false sense of security. If someone knows about this app, he/she can copy over the data. The PIN should encrypt the actual data -- I think that's also what the mtgox app does, doesn't it? But yes, address book and bug fixing first ;-)
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 11:33:06 AM

• BTC balance also shown as USD value: We automatically calculate the USD value using the current MtGox BTC buy price in USD
I know this is probably not a priority issue, but for us EUR users it would be nice if there was an option to see Mt. Gox EUR price instead. Hopefully this will be implemented at some point.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 03:48:06 PM

Update 0.4.3b is now available
  • Bug Fix: The bug where you could not spend less than 1 BTC is fixed
  • Faster initialization: BitcoinSpinner no longer needs to initialize from scratch whenever you open it. If you click the Back button on the Main screen the app goes into the background
  • Improved Transaction History: Unconfirmed transactions tell that they are unconfirmed, and transactions with less than 5 confirmations are displayed in a different color
  • Improved QR code UI: The bug where some users experienced that the 'Copy to Clipboard' button was missing is fixed
  • Added a donation button: If you click the Options button on the main screen there is a Donation option, which allows you to donate to our development effort and help paying the server bills. Please use it vigorously  Wink

If you like BitcoinSpinner then please give it a good rating at the Android Marketplace.

Progressing pretty well.

Wish the Android Marketplace let you update/edit your ratings and comments... even making a new one would be nice. Bugs do get fixed, after all.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 03:54:53 PM

Already mentioned this in PM, but Ill post it here too.
Even in the latest version, I have no buttons to copy QR codes:

Its the same for backup wallet QR code, but obviously I prefer giving this example Smiley

More over, Bitcoinspinner seems unable to start up while on 2/3G. It will either crash or constantly timeout (application not responding, press wait/cancel/report).
On wifi it seems to work fine.

Im using an LG P500 with Android 2.3.3

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 03:57:31 PM

Already mentioned this in PM, but Ill post it here too.
Even in the latest version, I have no buttons to copy QR codes:

Its the same for backup wallet QR code, but obviously I prefer giving this example Smiley

More over, Bitcoinspinner seems unable to start up while on 2/3G. It will either crash or constantly timeout (application not responding, press wait/cancel/report).

IIRC, tapping the QR code copies the actual address to the clipboard. Not very intuitive, but should work for you.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
P4man

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:00:56 PM

IIRC, tapping the QR code copies the actual address to the clipboard. Not very intuitive, but should work for you.

Thanks for the suggestion, but nope, not on my device. Just tried it. With the screenshot app I can send the screenshot to a QR scanner which will read it. That works, but is.. well, heh clumsy Smiley.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:23:42 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but nope, not on my device. Just tried it. With the screenshot app I can send the screenshot to a QR scanner which will read it. That works, but is.. well, heh clumsy Smiley.
The problem is devices with small resolution. However, we have a solution now where a scrollbar is added if the resolution is small, which allows you to show display both large QR code and the button. The update is expected to go in tomotrrow.

vuce

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:29:04 PM

Jan,

tried to send some bitcoins (0.05 to be exact), but the usd amount wasn't updated.

Had 0.1 BTC worth about 0.67 USD, now I have 0.0495 BTC worth about 0.67 USD.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:37:44 PM

Jan,

tried to send some bitcoins (0.05 to be exact), but the usd amount wasn't updated.

Had 0.1 BTC worth about 0.67 USD, now I have 0.0495 BTC worth about 0.67 USD.
There is a glitch in the ticker update. A fix is in the pipe which comes along with the QR code display fix. Until then you should get the right usd amount if you refresh after some time.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 11:46:53 AM

I have tested BitcoinSpinner on several devices with Edge and 3g and for me it works flawlessly.
When you experience this can you for instance browse the web with your device?
Please use the 'report' option when the app crashes. This gives me a stack-trace of what went wrong, and I'll look into it.

vuce

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 11:55:56 AM

I have tested BitcoinSpinner on several devices with Edge and 3g and for me it works flawlessly.
When you experience this can you for instance browse the web with your device?
Please use the 'report' option when the app crashes. This gives me a stack-trace of what went wrong, and I'll look into it.

it seems to crash consistently when it runs in the background for a while. I've sent a report.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 10:21:10 AM

it seems to crash consistently when it runs in the background for a while. I've sent a report.

I can reproduce this now.
Root cause: On android devices apps may be resumed on any activity (screen) when they have been sent to the background. I knew that, but what I didn't know is that the app's process may be killed entirely and its resources reclaimed by the OS AND then the app may be resumed in any activity it was in before going into the background.

On low end devices this apparently happens all the time when you put the app into the background and start another app or two. I am pretty sure this is what you observe. Basically this means that the app needs to be able to re-initialize on any activity. I have a fix in mind, but it may take a week or two before I get it in. Please be patient.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 10:30:00 AM

Version 0.4.4b is out:
  • The missing 'Copy to Clipboard' button in QR-code UI is now hopefully fixed. People who reported this please verify and post your results here
  • Improved validation UI for Send activity. It is now very clear when the address or amount entered is invalid
  • We now trim the send-to address. Got a report where an address with trailing space was pasted.
  • The missing 'Copy to Clipboard' button in QR-code UI is now hopefully fixed. People who reported this please verify and post your results here

In progress:
  • Bug fix: Initialization crash happening when app is resumed
  • The much wanted address book

Enjoy

P4man

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 10:36:20 AM

The missing 'Copy to Clipboard' button in QR-code UI is now hopefully fixed. People who reported this please verify and post your results here[

Confirmed to work now on my LG. Thanks a lot. Ill test the rest more thoroughly over the weekend.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: