Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:15:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is Becoming a Global Currency  (Read 226329 times)
Mr Tea

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:46:55 PM

People talk about Bitcoin one day becoming a global currency but something we don't consider is a currency is anything that you can trade goods and services for.
Money (Fiat or cryptocurrency) is only worth what people value it at.

Bitcoin is valued at ~330AUD$ and is used globally.
Bitcoin already is a global currency. It is used around the world and is technically valued higher than any other currency in the modern world.

It's arguable as to whether its a global currency. Sure, it can be used globally but in not many places. It would be very difficult to travel the world on bitcoin or survive solely on it. I hope one day this will change however and it will take time but I do believe it could become the worlds first global currency.

CryptoRev

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:48:53 PM

I'm not sure I would class some of those countries as 'major' ... but there is a general sense now that bitcoins are leaving the USA, and at an accelerating rate.

I read somewhere that more that 70% of bitcoin transactions are happening in China. So, yes i guess it is leaving the USA.
stallion

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:49:03 PM

For the first time, when I look at the offers on LocalBitcoins.com, there are a half-dozen currencies ahead of the US dollar, offering a higher price for Bitcoin than US dollar users.

Euros, South African Rands, New Zealand Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Polish Zloty, Malaysian Ringgits.

It is no longer just the US, EU or even China driving adoption.  There is a market for Bitcoins in major countries all over the world.

Can't really say that it has been spread worldwide or that it is global currency but bitcoin has surely ascended. Hope that it keeps moving forward and spreads like wildfire. Many countries that are not aware of bitcoins are now beginning to learn about it and accept it and that's a good news.

I would like to believe that yes, it might not be a global currency at the moment or nowhere close around it, but bitcoin adoption at a minute level has already been started on the down low and that day won't be really far when bitcoin just might compete against US dollar or EURO as a global currency. Atleast, I'd like to believe that Tongue

jenifer0012

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:08:42 PM

BitCoin is revolutionary and it's no surprise that its being adopted by so many countries. They are still banned in a lot of countries which is quite sad. all governments must understand its utility and advantages. But it won't take long for the BitCoins to be a worldwide phenomena.

bitcoinarchitecture

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:39:02 PM

Bitcoin is not becoming a global currency...
It is a global currency, and the fastest, cheapest, greatest one IMO!  Smiley
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 09:41:28 PM

I hope that one day that Bitcoin will be a massive global currency and i hope it is used by many people. The Bitcoin transaction chart does seem to show that Bitcoin is being used more and more.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 01:48:55 AM

I hope that one day that Bitcoin will be a massive global currency and i hope it is used by many people. The Bitcoin transaction chart does seem to show that Bitcoin is being used more and more.
It is a global currency, and the fastest, cheapest, greatest one IMO!  Smiley

Be carefull guys,a global currency  it could  not be  a good idea after all if it become to be "unique", please read   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1108280.0   If it is not unique and never will be it, could be OK.
mayflor2

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:25:13 AM

Bitcoins are spreading all over the world. I wonder why some countries are still against this revolutionary currency. Though I don't think it'll take much time for these countries to accept Bitcoins once they realize its' advantages. Yes, bitcoins should become a global currency in the coming future!

Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:48:39 AM

I'm not sure I would class some of those countries as 'major' ... but there is a general sense now that bitcoins are leaving the USA, and at an accelerating rate.

I read somewhere that more that 70% of bitcoin transactions are happening in China. So, yes i guess it is leaving the USA.
But there are a lot of bitcoin related startups located at USA. They are open to new technology, build up complete bitcion's infrastructure. There are a lot of ppl there adopting bitcoin. But in China bitcoin is still the minority's game, although  70% of bitcoin transactions are happening in here!
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:51:06 AM

If Bitcoin becoming a Global Currency, a bunch of new Hacker will born. They will trying to find your private key, and then Bitcoin wallet guard service will grow up. Grin

faucet used to be profitable
Greentree

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:53:53 AM

Bitcoins are spreading all over the world. I wonder why some countries are still against this revolutionary currency. Though I don't think it'll take much time for these countries to accept Bitcoins once they realize its' advantages. Yes, bitcoins should become a global currency in the coming future!
Although we know all of the advantages bitcoin has got, but due to lacking of popularity what is the point of keeping bitcoin. As adoption rate increases, we will see the potential of bitcoin. Even the gov will chang their stance to bitcoin if the bitcoin is good to them.
BTTrader

Activity: 156

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:59:47 AM

If Bitcoin becoming a Global Currency, a bunch of new Hacker will born. They will trying to find your private key, and then Bitcoin wallet guard service will grow up. Grin
Hackers are always around. We, as bitcoiners, are always combating with them. The so called  "Bitcoin wallet guard service", I don't think we will easily trust them, and would rather keep ourself if we know the way how to properly keep them!
HigsonPP

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:03:14 AM

They are against this revolutionary currency because their own currency will be then disregarded and nobody would give a fuck about them. They won't able to print as much money as they want and not give a fuck about their own debt, they cannot track their citizens all the time and where their money goes. they are scared because they won't be able to loot us.

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:05:06 AM

Hackers are always around. We, as bitcoiners, are always combating with them. The so called  "Bitcoin wallet guard service", I don't think we will easily trust them, and would rather keep ourself if we know the way how to properly keep them!
Oh yeah, of course. The hacker can disguised to be that guard service, keep them in our hand might be the safest way Grin

faucet used to be profitable
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 07:40:06 AM

It is a global currency, and the fastest, cheapest, greatest one IMO!  Smiley

it was designed as a global currency but until the majority will use it(let's say 1B people) you can't really say that it is already a global currency, maybe its diffusion is in a good position right now, but still too few people are using it
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 08:38:50 AM

For the first time, when I look at the offers on LocalBitcoins.com, there are a half-dozen currencies ahead of the US dollar, offering a higher price for Bitcoin than US dollar users.

Euros, South African Rands, New Zealand Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Polish Zloty, Malaysian Ringgits.

It is no longer just the US, EU or even China driving adoption.  There is a market for Bitcoins in major countries all over the world.

The plus point of Bitcoin is it's scarce so as to say in comparison to other currencies and that should actually work as an advantage. The best part is bitcoin reverts us to decentralized currency. The absense of middlemen makes it a great trading option.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 08:43:16 AM

And you will become a millionaire! I wonder how many people actually want bitcoin to become a true global currency without them becoming a new financial elite of sorts first. To hope for something out of nothing is the most popular form of hope...

greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 09:27:02 AM

The plus point of Bitcoin is it's scarce so as to say in comparison to other currencies and that should actually work as an advantage. The best part is bitcoin reverts us to decentralized currency. The absense of middlemen makes it a great trading option.

There are 21 million bitcoins till now, I don't know what other currency you'd be comparing it with. Yes, decentralization has become an important feature as it limits knowledge to the people trading and not to governments. The absence of a middleman kills the trading fee which is charged, however, minimum transactions fees has to be paid. Its a nice currency, overall Smiley
moneyflow

Activity: 281

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 01:45:16 PM

Bitcoin's voyage has just begun. it has to reach a lot of places before we call it a global currency. we can see that there are still a lot of nations which are against bitcoins and have imposed restrictions on their usage and some have even banned it. however, considering the recent greek situation and the increase in the number of people using bicoins i get a feeling that soon more countries will adopt bitcoins. it'll soon be a global currency but not now
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 02:20:18 PM

There are 21 million bitcoins till now, I don't know what other currency you'd be comparing it with. Yes, decentralization has become an important feature as it limits knowledge to the people trading and not to governments. The absence of a middleman kills the trading fee which is charged, however, minimum transactions fees has to be paid. Its a nice currency, overall Smiley
Bitcoin is the currency that has a lot of advantages in comparison with other currencies. because of the nature and advantages of the bitcoin be very valuable to someone who understands about bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: