Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:38:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is Becoming a Global Currency  (Read 226334 times)
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:05:39 AM

yes, these countries seem to appreciate the block-chain technology a lot, while they hardly talked about bitcoin individually. I don't really think any country would come out and support bitcoin like we ideally want them to, because why the fuck would a country do that for us? The only time they'd do something like that would be strictly for personal gains, and I doubt a country would risk their money with btc, despite knowing that it would boost bitcoin like crazy. what do you think?
Well I agree with you about that. Governments will support something that could make its people to avoid their taxes, like bitcoin immediately. Even if they stated to support it, surely they have some plans behind that. So, to become a global currency, bitcoin doesnt need any support of government, but it only need us.
bitcoin but still requires the approval of the government, because if it is not approved course bitcoin currency is not fully accepted in the country
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 01:03:11 PM

bitcoin but still requires the approval of the government, because if it is not approved course bitcoin currency is not fully accepted in the country
As an example, china government is banning bitcoin, but there are many bitcoin activities there, and the volume in their exchange sites like btcchina and Huobi is much larger than others. Well if government cant accept bitcoin, atleast we could try to make government legalizing it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 01:10:31 PM

yes, these countries seem to appreciate the block-chain technology a lot, while they hardly talked about bitcoin individually. I don't really think any country would come out and support bitcoin like we ideally want them to, because why the fuck would a country do that for us? The only time they'd do something like that would be strictly for personal gains, and I doubt a country would risk their money with btc, despite knowing that it would boost bitcoin like crazy. what do you think?
Well I agree with you about that. Governments will support something that could make its people to avoid their taxes, like bitcoin immediately. Even if they stated to support it, surely they have some plans behind that. So, to become a global currency, bitcoin doesnt need any support of government, but it only need us.

Accepted in the country it would be if people use it. But from state's point of view it would be illegal. These are two different things.
Prohibition didn't work out. So banning Bitcoin by Government would be a huge mistake if the population see it's benefits and value.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 02:37:07 PM

Bitcoin is definitely virtual currency and it is definitely an interesting concept. But the issue is if you look at the general economics and currency specifically, currencies are backed up by governments, they are backed up by gold, silver, other infrastructures. The problem with Bitcoin is that nothing is backing it up other than trust between its users. So I don't think bitcoin will become a global currency.
Mr.jatt

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:49:59 PM

Wow cool.
Also Greece have also installed thousands of bitcoin atm, so this is also promoting bitcoins.
I like the way it's going.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 05:45:55 PM

Accepted in the country it would be if people use it. But from state's point of view it would be illegal. These are two different things.
Prohibition didn't work out. So banning Bitcoin by Government would be a huge mistake if the population see it's benefits and value.

People run the government, the government don't run the people alright? We have forgotten our worth and the level of freedom and privacy we deserve, we only understand as much as they want us to follow to be, gay marriages would be something that couldn't even be imagined 100 years back, it was declared legal this year. Marijuana about to be legal soon too. If a lot of people demand something, it cannot be kept away from them bud Smiley
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:11:07 PM

Wow cool.
Also Greece have also installed thousands of bitcoin atm, so this is also promoting bitcoins.
Well Greece havent installed all of those atms yet, but you are right, when they have done, it will make people be attracted with bitcoin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:15:39 AM

Wow cool.
Well Greece havent installed all of those atms yet, but you are right, when they have done, it will make people be attracted with bitcoin.

it might raise some eyebrows but I don't find it something which will attract people to buy bitcoin. I never saw any ATM which made me feel I should become a part of the bank operator, then why would a person who knows zero knowledge about the crypto world would ever take interest in the field just by looking at an automated teller machine bruh?
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:29:32 AM

Wow cool.

it might raise some eyebrows but I don't find it something which will attract people to buy bitcoin. I never saw any ATM which made me feel I should become a part of the bank operator, then why would a person who knows zero knowledge about the crypto world would ever take interest in the field just by looking at an automated teller machine bruh?
Atleast if there is a bitcoin ATM in every corner of your city, and realizing that the ATM isnt an usual bank ATM, I'm sure some people who passed there would seek any information about those ATM. Even with crisis in Greece, I think the Greeks are trying to look for methods to save their financial life, like bitcoin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:54:49 PM

Wow cool.
Great job! but may i ask you? who have installed bitcoin atm in greece? its done with you government or a project of a bitcoin company? can you tell to us?
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 01:14:24 PM

Yes, that's right. Bitcoin is really becoming the global currency around the world. I think with time there will be some countries, where BTC will be very popular  Grin
Dotakels

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 01:35:28 PM

Yes, that's right. Bitcoin is really becoming the global currency around the world. I think with time there will be some countries, where BTC will be very popular  Grin
be a popular and legally and not get banned because theres no reason to ban bitcoin, if they use it in a wrong way bitcoin not liable in that situation.
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 02:29:24 PM

Wow cool.
Great job! but may i ask you? who have installed bitcoin atm in greece? its done with you government or a project of a bitcoin company? can you tell to us?
Actually you could seek that news in google by yourself, but well I took some articles about that here for you
http://www.coinfox.info/news/2781-btcgreece-promises-to-install-1-000-bitcoin-atms-in-greece
http://cointelegraph.com/news/115143/greece-to-receive-1000-bitcoin-atms-as-trust-in-banks-long-gone
http://www.businessinsider.com/greece-to-install-1000-bitcoin-atms-2015-8?IR=T&

I think any government wont do that, I mean, why build something that could make people to avoid taxes.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:02:18 AM

For the first time, when I look at the offers on LocalBitcoins.com, there are a half-dozen currencies ahead of the US dollar, offering a higher price for Bitcoin than US dollar users.

Euros, South African Rands, New Zealand Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Polish Zloty, Malaysian Ringgits.

It is no longer just the US, EU or even China driving adoption.  There is a market for Bitcoins in major countries all over the world.

As much as I admire the bitcoin culture, I refuse to see it as a global currency. Just like gold or shares, bitcoin is a valuable commodity and it is limited. There was a point where in investing in gold was the best option and people earned heaps through that but there's a reason why we never considered gold as a 'Global currency'. It's merely a mode of exchange or investment to earn profits from. Bitcoin is a new revolution you can reap the benefits while they last, it's never going to work as a currency, good mode of investment for good money, that's all.
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:49:08 AM

Bitcoin is a new revolution you can reap the benefits while they last, it's never going to work as a currency, good mode of investment for good money, that's all.
I think, the main point why Satoshi created bitcoin is to make a revolution in payment system and any transaction, so in other words bitcoin could be treated as a currency. Then after it got mass adoption, its price became fluctuated, so people began to treat bitcoin as a commodity to get profit. My conclusion, bitcoin is a currency. cmiiw.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
wicks

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:51:05 AM

Bitcoin regulation has been, and will continue to be, a hot topic as it continues to gain momentum and interest in personal and corporate finance, worldwide.
Dotakels

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:51:24 PM

Wow cool.
Actually you could seek that news in google by yourself, but well I took some articles about that here for you
http://www.coinfox.info/news/2781-btcgreece-promises-to-install-1-000-bitcoin-atms-in-greece
http://cointelegraph.com/news/115143/greece-to-receive-1000-bitcoin-atms-as-trust-in-banks-long-gone
http://www.businessinsider.com/greece-to-install-1000-bitcoin-atms-2015-8?IR=T&

I think any government wont do that, I mean, why build something that could make people to avoid taxes.
yeah i also though that, so their government not support that type of business because in bitcoin theres no taxes, but if they not support that business why they let that company build an atm if they know that more people will used bitcoin than their fiat money?
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:52:37 PM

BTC is gaining popularity across the globe that is for sure, and more and more people are getting involved in using bitcoins as a currency or as a mode of payment, but I don't think that it could replace any major currency in the future, as its very difficult to replace USD who is a market leader since years, People would use it as a currency but it would be secondary currency for sure.
HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 04:51:49 PM

BTC is gaining popularity across the globe that is for sure, and more and more people are getting involved in using bitcoins as a currency or as a mode of payment, but I don't think that it could replace any major currency in the future, as its very difficult to replace USD who is a market leader since years, People would use it as a currency but it would be secondary currency for sure.

bitcoin has always been marketed as an alternative to the standard currency, not a replacement. The daydreaming noobs have showed others a beautiful future and a bigger picture, to which a lot of people think about but often do not perform that amount of efforts for bitcoin to succeed such a way. Simply talking more about bitcoin could benefit much, then why not give it a casual try Smiley
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 05:54:02 PM

yeah i also though that, so their government not support that type of business because in bitcoin theres no taxes, but if they not support that business why they let that company build an atm if they know that more people will used bitcoin than their fiat money?
Thats a hard question for me to be answered, and actually I dont know what the government plans behind this. But I think those governments who legalizing it dont consider bitcoin as a threat, or maybe they have known that its useless to ban it, since people would still using it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: