Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:45:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Blank Poll

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LeaseRig.net Rent & Hire Scrypt(Jane/Nfactor)/SHA3/SHA256/X11 HashPower!  (Read 125773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CohibAA

Activity: 223
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 11:29:58 PM

Miaviator,
Can you get me a resolution to ticket #1846 (details in the ticket).  I've been trying for over a week with no luck...  thanks.

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gregpcp

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:17:18 AM

I think that it is worth remembering that supporting individual user needs takes time, and with the price the way it is, there is no way it can justify full-time or even part-time work.  If you are not getting a response to a support ticket and it gets closed, it is happening automatically.  All of the known issues have been resolved, automated or documented, so the number of support requests has been few and far between, and does not warrant constant attention.  The reason that a lot of people have not received responses in the IRC is because of one of the following reasons: A questions is never asked or the person only says hi/hello, the person signs out after a few minutes (I hope you are not fishing for food the way you fish for answers, lol), or it may be a fringe question for which nobody has an answer.   Other issues are changing user names, trying to get free hashing or support for developing your own pool (which is not even Leaserig's core interest), but if are patient and read through the available material first, then post the question, it will likely get a response.

As far as the wallet is concerned, think of the wallet as money (duh) and the time spent hashing while the wallet is down gets aggregated down to something like a bar tab.  When the server comes back, the tab is settled.  From my experience, there should be no lost income for rig owners, since the wallet is pre-pay anyway, there is no impact outside of new hires, CC payments, and withdraws, which can not be used until the service is restored.  An actual person has to reset the server, and since as I said before part-time is not warranted for the frequency or severity, the service level will not be mission critical like when the price justified it. 

Leaserig is a community cooperative of independent operators and is not trying to be amazon.  The goal clearly was always for self-sufficient automation, and not to be a burden on its creators, because that same ingenuity and initiative by individuals that turned Leaserig from ideas to blocks of code, would be wasted if they had to stop to answer questions that could otherwise be answered by the knowledge base or are not operationally related.  On the flip side of that when there is a wallet issue, trying to do PR by answering wallet issue tickets instead of IT to bring the wallet back online does not fix the issue.  If you have an issue or a question, post it publicly for support from the community, and if it is a private matter, do a private message but give miaviator and Leaserig's reputation a break.  There are other people here to support you, and if you ask the actual questions in the forum and IRC, you are more likely to get a response.

P.S. Take this with a grain of salt.  Most everyone here has day jobs.  Hope this answers all of the public questions that have posted for the past few months. Smiley
CohibAA

Activity: 223
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 02:59:18 AM

I think that it is worth remembering that supporting individual user needs takes time, and with the price the way it is, there is no way it can justify full-time or even part-time work.  If you are not getting a response to a support ticket and it gets closed, it is happening automatically.

In my case the ticket was (likely) closed automatically, but when I re-opened it and asked why it had been closed without reply, I got a response, but the response did not address/resolve my issue.

All of the known issues have been resolved, automated or documented, so the number of support requests has been few and far between, and does not warrant constant attention.

I am missing BTC from when wallets were down and I had an active lease.  I assume this is a known issue, but, in my case, it has not been resolved.  The error is very clear by simply viewing my lease history and BTC wallet on LeaseRig.  Even so, I have provided the details in my support ticket.  If they are "few and far between" it should be easier to address them, no?

The reason that a lot of people have not received responses in the IRC is because of one of the following reasons: A questions is never asked or the person only says hi/hello, the person signs out after a few minutes (I hope you are not fishing for food the way you fish for answers, lol), or it may be a fringe question for which nobody has an answer.   Other issues are changing user names, trying to get free hashing or support for developing your own pool (which is not even Leaserig's core interest), but if are patient and read through the available material first, then post the question, it will likely get a response.

I have tried at least 3 times over the past 9 days to get ANY response from ANYONE in IRC, and left it open for awhile to come back to nothing each time.  Are IRC logs kept / reviewed by AFK admins for #leaserig?

As far as the wallet is concerned, think of the wallet as money (duh) and the time spent hashing while the wallet is down gets aggregated down to something like a bar tab.  When the server comes back, the tab is settled.  From my experience, there should be no lost income for rig owners, since the wallet is pre-pay anyway, there is no impact outside of new hires, CC payments, and withdraws, which can not be used until the service is restored.  An actual person has to reset the server, and since as I said before part-time is not warranted for the frequency or severity, the service level will not be mission critical like when the price justified it. 

It seems our experiences differ.  I'm only missing like $5 worth of BTC for the (approx.) 2 days of missing payments.  I understand the impact price has had on mining and rentals, believe me.  I'm looking for any signs of life at LR.  If it's not worth the time and return to run the site, I think it should shut down properly, not just be neglected.

Leaserig is a community cooperative of independent operators and is not trying to be amazon.  The goal clearly was always for self-sufficient automation, and not to be a burden on its creators, because that same ingenuity and initiative by individuals that turned Leaserig from ideas to blocks of code, would be wasted if they had to stop to answer questions that could otherwise be answered by the knowledge base or are not operationally related.  On the flip side of that when there is a wallet issue, trying to do PR by answering wallet issue tickets instead of IT to bring the wallet back online does not fix the issue.  If you have an issue or a question, post it publicly for support from the community, and if it is a private matter, do a private message but give miaviator and Leaserig's reputation a break.  There are other people here to support you, and if you ask the actual questions in the forum and IRC, you are more likely to get a response.

I agree the time is best spent to just fix the problems.  Communication is key to successful PR, however, and lack of communication will cause concern, and questions about the integrity of the site.

P.S. Take this with a grain of salt.  Most everyone here has day jobs.  Hope this answers all of the public questions that have posted for the past few months. Smiley

Done.  I know your message wasn't directed at me specifically, but it was therapeutic to type out all those replies.

Wink

gregpcp

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 07:58:19 AM

Just to speculate, but it is possible that you may have been more attentive than me at noticing that outage, and everyone may have experienced the same loss.  It may be impossible to audit the transaction history to resolve the issue to any satisfaction.  Since this would have been from a single user during that time since they would have been unable to create a new order, you could request it from the user to use the withdraw function to send the delta amount to your deposit address on good faith.  It is possible that they may have also noticed the discrepancy upon the wallet's return at that time, and chosen not to say anything for obvious reasons considering it is in their favor.  You may be able to find total or partial resolution that way.  To put an optimist spin on a possible reality, it may not be possible to definitively audit the history for this to be resolved administratively or otherwise.  As the technology is utilized it acts as a continuous test of the longevity of the self-sustainability of the initial vision used to determine provisioning.  It demonstrates the growth and depth the entity itself has reached, and while in this case it needed some finesse to compel the required stability, that solution had to come from somewhere, and the loss of that disproportionate sum is what provoked the resolution the benefits of which we have enjoyed recently.  CohibAA, you are correct in your considerations, and I can understand your resolve on this issue, but I think everone's options for resolution for this issue were limited at best from the onset, and was likely the reason for the nature of the cumulative response.  We are proverbially all in the same boat, and while we could head back to port because of a torn net, I think it has now been mended and while the fishing that was lost during that time may not be able to be recovered, in general the nets hold fine and the fishing is good.  To touch on your second question of if IRC chats are logged and reviewed, I know they are logged when they are in the channel, but they are likely not reviewed in detail, especially when there are large numbers of user events, but I speak only from my personal habits to that effect. 

Hope this response helps, and good luck in your pursuit.   Roll Eyes
WireIT

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:14:34 PM

I think that it is worth remembering that supporting individual user needs takes time, and with the price the way it is, there is no way it can justify full-time or even part-time work.  If you are not getting a response to a support ticket and it gets closed, it is happening automatically.  All of the known issues have been resolved, automated or documented, so the number of support requests has been few and far between, and does not warrant constant attention.

Here's a paste of my ticket. Over 4 months old and just recently closed with no resolution. Don't think that's automated, just ignored.

Home Tickets list
This ticket has been Closed since 10 days 9 hours Reply
#1708 Not getting emails

WireIT
reported 4 months ago
I have email notifications set to "yes" but I am no longer receiving any emails about my rigs.

Last email notification was 11/19

WireIT
said 3 months ago
Anything? I can't seem to get an answer here or the chat...

WireIT
said 2 months ago
tap tap, hello, Is this thing on?

Rent my rigs at LeaseRig.net - ProxIT01 : ProxIT02
gregpcp

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 06:22:43 AM

WireIT: The emails are send through a third party smtp server which shows as being from "noreply@leaserig.net via sendgrid.me".  The site overall has been sending emails, have you seen any activity in your spam folder?  I had to setup a filter in gmail to keep going to my inbox, especially after a flood of pool configuration errors.  As an alternative potential solution, try setting you leaserig email setting to 'no', log out and clear your cache and then log back in and set the emails to yes again.  You could have bad JavaScript that is keeping the setting correctly, also check your browser console as you change that setting to check for errors while it is being changed.  If there is more information as to the nature of the issue, it will make a specific solution more forthcoming, so let me know what you find.
tuanvtau

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Glow Like Dat

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 07:37:33 AM

i want to rent scrypt jane rig, please send me email : cgcd0909@gmail.com, i will pay by BTC

[ w h i t e p a p e r ]                      U B O N I U M                      [ a n n   t h r e a d ]
⚫  ETCF MARKET™       ⚫  UBOPAY™       ⚫  UBOBANK™       ⚫  UBOCARD™
Join Our TELEGRAM Community        ||     UBOCOIN PRE-ICO    March 1st
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 05:32:06 PM

i want to rent scrypt jane rig, please send me email : cgcd0909@gmail.com, i will pay by BTC

Please use a bit of common sense and rent it directly from the site. Don't be an idiot and post messages that are completely unnecessary.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 06:35:37 AM

I think that it is worth remembering that supporting individual user needs takes time, and with the price the way it is, there is no way it can justify full-time or even part-time work.  If you are not getting a response to a support ticket and it gets closed, it is happening automatically.  All of the known issues have been resolved, automated or documented, so the number of support requests has been few and far between, and does not warrant constant attention.

Here's a paste of my ticket. Over 4 months old and just recently closed with no resolution. Don't think that's automated, just ignored.

Home Tickets list
#1708 Not getting emails

WireIT
reported 4 months ago
I have email notifications set to "yes" but I am no longer receiving any emails about my rigs.

Last email notification was 11/19

WireIT
said 3 months ago
Anything? I can't seem to get an answer here or the chat...

WireIT
said 2 months ago
tap tap, hello, Is this thing on?

WireIT PM me your email I'll check the blacklist.

Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:03:15 PM

To the powers that be: Litecoin and doge coin provider wallets are not working. I had two orders recently that completed but the coins never made it to my leaserig wallet. Can someone please take a look.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 01:13:34 AM

To the powers that be: Litecoin and doge coin provider wallets are not working. I had two orders recently that completed but the coins never made it to my leaserig wallet. Can someone please take a look.

Yep.

I'll take a look.

Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 01:44:46 AM

Yep.

I'll take a look.

Thank you kind Sir.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 12:59:58 PM

Yep.

I'll take a look.

Thank you kind Sir.

Should be working now.

We may be taking the system offline in the coming months.

almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 02:27:33 AM

Should be working now.

We may be taking the system offline in the coming months.

I just went to withdraw my remaining balance, and can see that the BTC walllet is down again. Sad Please fix.
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:29:40 AM

Guess it's officially time now. Was a good run and I hope many people benefited from it.

Unfortunately, I can't withdraw my balance, because the wallet is still down. Wink
BakSAj

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 07:18:18 AM

Miaviator + others: Thank You for this service and your work.

Unfortunatelly I cant withdraw my 0.03 BTC or so since wallet is offline. Pls fix.
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:53:13 AM

Wallet has been down for about a week now, possibly longer.

Shutdown is looming. We cannot withdraw our funds.

Can you please fix.

Thanks.
Acceptu

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:52:18 AM

What is happening to the site, is it been sold?
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:37:34 AM

Wallet has been down for at least 2 weeks.

This is getting silly.

You can't give notice of a graceful shutdown then leave the wallet dead.
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74]
  Print  

Jump to: