Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:59:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Blank Poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LeaseRig.net Rent & Hire Scrypt(Jane/Nfactor)/SHA3/SHA256/X11 HashPower!  (Read 125772 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 06:27:00 PM

It will work. The only other competitor is BetaRigs, whose layout and system is complete crap, and does not offer as many features as leaserig.
What? The competition is just getting ramped up. What about NiceHash? They have a different approach which some folks may like. If you think price-fixing is a good idea, you're no different than any other big-establishment person who colludes with other corporate bullies to rape consumers. I want nothing to do with it.

Consumers drove the price up to where it is right now, not rig owners. If they feel they are getting value from our rigs, they will continue to rent from us at the level where they get value. If you want to compel people to buy your product at your dictated price, get a job in banking or in the government.

This is the opposite of what crypto currencies are all about.

I am not trying to get all the money out of my renters.
You know, we are not leasing out rigs for people to rent and hash at multipools, it's supposed to be for hashing at pools with promotions or coins they see a future in.
If we all just compete with each other for prices, we will all end up earning nothing, just covering electricity costs.

This kind of "union" mentality will never work without an elephant in the room... ie a Govt to enforce a maximum price. As long as people are free to price the rigs at whatever cost they want and there are more than one of them, the customer is basically getting the best deal they can get at that point in time. Its absurd to expect the prices to be more or less the same on a fly swatting day and when White coin, Asia Coin and Quebec coin is launching back to back.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

It will work. The only other competitor is BetaRigs, whose layout and system is complete crap, and does not offer as many features as leaserig.
What? The competition is just getting ramped up. What about NiceHash? They have a different approach which some folks may like. If you think price-fixing is a good idea, you're no different than any other big-establishment person who colludes with other corporate bullies to rape consumers. I want nothing to do with it.

Consumers drove the price up to where it is right now, not rig owners. If they feel they are getting value from our rigs, they will continue to rent from us at the level where they get value. If you want to compel people to buy your product at your dictated price, get a job in banking or in the government.

This is the opposite of what crypto currencies are all about.

You know, we are not leasing out rigs for people to rent and hash at multipools, it's supposed to be for hashing at pools with promotions or coins they see a future in.
If we all just compete with each other for prices, we will all end up earning nothing, just covering electricity costs.

This kind of "union" mentality will never work without an elephant in the room... ie a Govt to enforce a maximum price. As long as people are free to price the rigs at whatever cost they want and there are more than one of them, the customer is basically getting the best deal they can get at that point in time. Its absurd to expect the prices to be more or less the same on a fly swatting day and when White coin, Asia Coin and Quebec coin is launching back to back.

I know that. That's why it's a suggestion.
grippy54

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:29:34 PM

I wonder if you can hear yourself. Competition is bad? When did crypto mining become communism?

OK. So I have gpu rigs. Should someone with a gridseed farm earn the same as me? That person can afford to lease his rigs at a lower price than me because he needs less electricity. So should he raise his price so I can be competitive? Is that his job? I don't think so.

If I want to be successful, I need to find a way to do it better, faster and more efficiently. If we were not competing, why are we all leasing our rigs? We're not doing it to be nice to poor people that can't afford rigs. We're doing it to make more money than other people who don't lease. We found a way to make more money, by using our brains. That's competition.
sharaf

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:43:06 PM

I would like to see option to freeze lease plans. So i dont need to remove this plan/s ill just freeze it and it wont be visible to rent at this price and at this hour.

Doesn't disable mining rig do that?   Or having support set your rig to no-rent? 

Not like that, i want to lease my rig for 6 hours, but i dont want it to lease for 12 or 48 etc. So it would be easier if i dont need to remove my plan, just to "freeze" it.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 07:50:28 PM

I would like to see option to freeze lease plans. So i dont need to remove this plan/s ill just freeze it and it wont be visible to rent at this price and at this hour.

Doesn't disable mining rig do that?   Or having support set your rig to no-rent? 

Not like that, i want to lease my rig for 6 hours, but i dont want it to lease for 12 or 48 etc. So it would be easier if i dont need to remove my plan, just to "freeze" it.

So a checkbox next to rent plans to activate them vs instant activation?

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 07:53:22 PM

Aside from all the price fixing discussions, good luck with that, I have a market price question.

If a rig is currently rented should there be a way for customers to bid on the next available time for that rig?  IE customers could bid higher or lower than the current rate on already leased rigs and could offer lower on unleased rigs.    Providers could then accept lower bids if they want and accept the highest bid for renewals which would require less constant price adjustments.

Blaater

Activity: 462
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:58:15 PM

Aside from all the price fixing discussions, good luck with that, I have a market price question.

If a rig is currently rented should there be a way for customers to bid on the next available time for that rig?  IE customers could bid higher or lower than the current rate on already leased rigs and could offer lower on unleased rigs.    Providers could then accept lower bids if they want and accept the highest bid for renewals which would require less constant price adjustments.

Could never hurt, as long as you don't try to clamp to much information in 1 screen. Make sure it is still a clean clear layout. 2 many functions on 1 page isn't good either.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 08:00:36 PM

Could never hurt, as long as you don't try to clamp to much information in 1 screen. Make sure it is still a clean clear layout. 2 many functions on 1 page isn't good either.

The idea was to change the existing layout and actually to minimize the existing layout so it goes back to a cleaner look.

Blaater

Merit: 262

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:03:43 PM

The idea was to change the existing layout and actually to minimize the existing layout so it goes back to a cleaner look.

100% for this solution, so many new functionalities lately, so many new buttons and links. Time for some dropdown boxes?
Monty-Python

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:11:55 PM

Sounds like a good idea. If you trash the current rating system with it - too many rigs with a clean 24h average marked as "under performing".

Rent my rig on leaserig.net
Feedback and status: Link
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:22:33 PM

Yes, that is quite a good idea.
However, I think you should remove the "Under Performing" thing, as there is usually a variance of -/+5 kh/s. That makes customers think the rig has problems, and if we put the hashrate lower, we get paid less.
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:36:18 PM

Okay WTH.
miaviator why the *** are you going into people's rep threads and posting issues?!
My rig was down at one point due to a router issue. I communicated with the renter as soon as I found out, fixed it and then gave an extra hour on top of downtime.
Then you starting posting screens in my rep thread.??

Had there actually been an issue with me not providing support and fixing the issue..

But this? Unreal. Please explain.
SlipperySlope

Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:45:25 PM

Yeah, I know, but the price on leaserig should always be above the multipool ones.
And if we all keep our prices up, the customers still have to rent rigs, so we still earn.

I only rent 72 hour terms and usually at a price that assures immediate rental. All three of my rigs have more than  1000 hours rented. After an hour un-rented, I accept the highest offer for 72 hours.

I believe GPU mining is a shared business between myself and my renters. They do all the work of finding coins to mine and taking the risk of holding or exchanging altcoins. My rigs are stable and work fine if I do not touch them. I operate headless Ubuntu Linux, with cgmon software to restart cgminer or the rig in the rare case of a sick GPU. I do not use LRP nor any other advanced feature of LeaseRig, because stability for my customer is the most important aspect of what I do.

I never hear from my customers and have in those rare cases of an outage, cheefully doubled the lost time on the lease.

I would not use a pool directly even if I could make more coins because I am paid in advance by LeaseRig in bitcoin. With a pool there is some uncertainty as to results and payment.

I am your competition - and the customers' friend.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:01:11 AM

Okay WTH.
miaviator why the *** are you going into people's rep threads and posting issues?!
My rig was down at one point due to a router issue. I communicated with the renter as soon as I found out, fixed it and then gave an extra hour on top of downtime.

Had there actually been an issue with me not providing support and fixing the issue..

You mean the posts that are made and then deleted when the providers respond?

They are normally in response to support tickets.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:11:02 AM

Yeah, I know, but the price on leaserig should always be above the multipool ones.
And if we all keep our prices up, the customers still have to rent rigs, so we still earn.

I only rent 72 hour terms and usually at a price that assures immediate rental. All three of my rigs have more than  1000 hours rented. After an hour un-rented, I accept the highest offer for 72 hours.

I believe GPU mining is a shared business between myself and my renters. They do all the work of finding coins to mine and taking the risk of holding or exchanging altcoins. My rigs are stable and work fine if I do not touch them. I operate headless Ubuntu Linux, with cgmon software to restart cgminer or the rig in the rare case of a sick GPU. I do not use LRP nor any other advanced feature of LeaseRig, because stability for my customer is the most important aspect of what I do.

I never hear from my customers and have in those rare cases of an outage, cheefully doubled the lost time on the lease.

I would not use a pool directly even if I could make more coins because I am paid in advance by LeaseRig in bitcoin. With a pool there is some uncertainty as to results and payment.

I am your competition - and the customers' friend.

snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:20:42 AM

Okay WTH.

That would be it alright. Just strange since I contacted him when downtime started and extended as soon as rig was up again (He replied).
And then that was posted 30 min after rig was up again.
railzand

Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:26:11 AM

bidding - yes please

grippy54

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:47:08 PM

Okay WTH.

That would be it alright. Just strange since I contacted him when downtime started and extended as soon as rig was up again (He replied).
Miavator... I think you need to decide what type of service you are offering. Are you a open market where renters and rig owners get together, or are you a middleman where you control the interaction? The original concept with leaserig was the open market where the renter and rig owner interact on their own and conduct business.

If you are going to insert yourself into every transaction, it seems to me that you are going to have to rework the user experience of the site. If you are in the middle of every transaction, then there is really no need for rig owners to connect directly with the customer, to offer better (or worse) customer service of their own, or to build a brand or a reputation.

Other services offer different business models that take service completely out of the hands of the rig owner. The service operator becomes the provider, and the rig owners are not even involved in the transaction... they just provide hash power as a commodity, at market price. I'm not saying I like that model, just brining it up as the other side of the spectrum.

If you are there in every transaction, then we have to satisfy you AND the renter. That is a combination of the two models and could cause frustration for rig owners, and maybe renters too. That could compel people to examine their options and look elsewhere.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:14:23 PM

Okay WTH.

Miavator... I think you need to decide what type of service you are offering. Are you a open market where renters and rig owners get together, or are you a middleman where you control the interaction? The original concept with leaserig was the open market where the renter and rig owner interact on their own and conduct business.

If you are going to insert yourself into every transaction, it seems to me that you are going to have to rework the user experience of the site. If you are in the middle of every transaction, then there is really no need for rig owners to connect directly with the customer, to offer better (or worse) customer service of their own, or to build a brand or a reputation.

Other services offer different business models that take service completely out of the hands of the rig owner. The service operator becomes the provider, and the rig owners are not even involved in the transaction... they just provide hash power as a commodity, at market price. I'm not saying I like that model, just brining it up as the other side of the spectrum.

If you are there in every transaction, then we have to satisfy you AND the renter. That is a combination of the two models and could cause frustration for rig owners, and maybe renters too. That could compel people to examine their options and look elsewhere.

We get involved in less than 1% of transactions.  The only reason for any involvement was a rash of communications issues from a small number of providers which have since been resolved.   Most of it was the expected vacations, emergencies etc.  So neither support or I are posting from the rented and down report any longer we are now responding via email to providers when multiple tickets are opened.

Overall providers do a fantastic job of running their own business through leaserig.   We have no intention of getting involved beyond working with providers and customers when support tickets are put in.      The majority of support tickets regarding downtime claims are redirected to the providers with no action needed on our part.   IE supports first reply to a downed rig ticket or refund request is to direct them to the providers feedback page and contact information which resolves a large majority of tickets.

I agree with you that we should remain un-involved so long as customers can feel safe working with providers.   Once the onsite feedback engine is complete there will be very little reason for any third party involvement.

All of the above also goes to one of the bigger planned features of customized provider portals so you can remove the leaserig brand and insert your own.  An API would be nice so users like gsupp (http://scryptery.com/) can rent out rigs directly from their own website using the leaserig API.   This is a ways off.   The customization of the provider admin panels are more near term.  This would give providers a much better ability to control their own business.  I know dev will kill me for saying it but something like miaviator.leaserig.net or leaserig.net/miaviator with my own unicorn branded portal for customers (*same for any other provider)

grippy54

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:29:20 PM

We get involved in less than 1% of transactions.  The only reason for any involvement was a rash of communications issues from a small number of providers which have since been resolved.   Most of it was the expected vacations, emergencies etc.  So neither support or I are posting from the rented and down report any longer we are now responding via email to providers when multiple tickets are opened.

Overall providers do a fantastic job of running their own business through leaserig.   We have no intention of getting involved beyond working with providers and customers when support tickets are put in.      The majority of support tickets regarding downtime claims are redirected to the providers with no action needed on our part.   IE supports first reply to a downed rig ticket or refund request is to direct them to the providers feedback page and contact information which resolves a large majority of tickets.

I agree with you that we should remain un-involved so long as customers can feel safe working with providers.   Once the onsite feedback engine is complete there will be very little reason for any third party involvement.

All of the above also goes to one of the bigger planned features of customized provider portals so you can remove the leaserig brand and insert your own.  An API would be nice so users like gsupp (http://scryptery.com/) can rent out rigs directly from their own website using the leaserig API.   This is a ways off.   The customization of the provider admin panels are more near term.  This would give providers a much better ability to control their own business.  I know dev will kill me for saying it but something like miaviator.leaserig.net or leaserig.net/miaviator with my own unicorn branded portal for customers (*same for any other provider)
Thanks for the reply. I like what you're saying.   Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: