Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:23:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Blank Poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LeaseRig.net Rent & Hire Scrypt(Jane/Nfactor)/SHA3/SHA256/X11 HashPower!  (Read 125773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 04:15:06 PM

I'm coming back to LeaseRig after a break but I can't get it running this time.

Rigtest.jsp passes for "summary" and "addpool" but fails at the "pools" command.

I can see in sgminer that the pool has been added but the configuration file /root/.sgminer/sgminer.conf has not been modified.

This is the file I specify as the --config parameter.

Any ideas?

Seems fine if all that worked

Try switching pools in the amin panel.

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rorbit

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:14:29 PM

Rigtest.jsp passes for "summary" and "addpool" but fails at the "pools" command.

I can see in sgminer that the pool has been added but the configuration file /root/.sgminer/sgminer.conf has not been modified.

Any ideas?

The pools link in the admin panel gives this error:
Error: Mining rig is not responding!

Maybe LeaseRig is saving to a different conf file or can't access my conf file?!
xrobau

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

Open Source Developer, Hardware Supplier

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:51:37 PM

Having someones email address is not the entire concern.

Well. Actually YES, it is the entire concern.

This doesn't make sense?  I say 'you should email us (the rig providers) with changes'. You say 'having your email address is not the entire concern'.

So, please, explain. We - the rig providers - would like to be emailed announcements.  If having our email address is not sufficient to email us announcements, what is?

--Rob

murdof

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:52:40 PM

Hi guys,

noob here....

I just wanted to ask what am I missing?
I see the prices that they offer for Lease in LeaseRig is about 0.007 BTC/MH/day while for example wafflepool is around 0.0065, 0.0067 and some good days about 0.008...

I see also that the big rigs have even higher prices more than 0.01 BTC/MH/day.

So the way I see it there is no way to make money out of this.

I did a small test with a slow rig from LeaseRig. I paid 0.0036 and I will get back 0.0015...

Am I missing something?

Buy me a beer: 1mrdfyA1GhKmTPhaSkvyq5DBterQ5m7ZK

Run your own P2Pool with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and merge mining
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 06:54:11 PM

Having someones email address is not the entire concern.

Well. Actually YES, it is the entire concern.

This doesn't make sense?  I say 'you should email us (the rig providers) with changes'. You say 'having your email address is not the entire concern'.

So, please, explain. We - the rig providers - would like to be emailed announcements.  If having our email address is not sufficient to email us announcements, what is?

--Rob

Having a mailing system which allows for providers to opt-in and out.  Which we are not concerned with building right now as it would take away from upgrading the core leaserig platform.   

I think we can just stick a news page on leaserig and announce upcoming changes there.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 06:55:08 PM

Any ideas?

The pools link in the admin panel gives this error:
Error: Mining rig is not responding!

Maybe LeaseRig is saving to a different conf file or can't access my conf file?!

Your rig is either not enabled in the configuration panel or your API is not open correctly.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 06:56:06 PM

snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:59:30 PM

Hi guys,

noob here....

I see the prices that they offer for Lease in LeaseRig is about 0.007 BTC/MH/day while for example wafflepool is around 0.0065, 0.0067 and some good days about 0.008...

I did a small test with a slow rig from LeaseRig. I paid 0.0036 and I will get back 0.0015...

Am I missing something?

Well as a provider I pay for the hardware, electricity and spend time keeping the rig/s running.
As a renter you find a coin that is ( or you think will be ) profitable and mine that. You don't have to worry about the items above.
Personally I have made quite a few BTC on renting rigs when I saw an opportunity arise.

murdof

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:03:08 PM

Well as a provider I pay for the hardware, electricity and spend time keeping the rig/s running.
As a renter you find a coin that is ( or you think will be ) profitable and mine that. You don't have to worry about the items above.

So if I understand correctly you are saying don't use this pool if you think you will loose money (in the sense that I pay X and i receive X-Y) but find a coin/pool that is more profitable than the one you are currently using.

Am I getting it right?

Buy me a beer: 1mrdfyA1GhKmTPhaSkvyq5DBterQ5m7ZK

Run your own P2Pool with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and merge mining
SlipperySlope

Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:05:17 PM

Hi guys,

noob here....

Am I missing something?

Please look at https://ipominer.com/ for the sorts of new coins that are not yet traded on an exchange. The bet my renters may be making is that some of those coins will gain in value someday when exchange into bitcoin or litecoin is possible.
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:08:16 PM

So if I understand correctly you are saying don't use this pool if you think you will loose money (in the sense that I pay X and i receive X-Y) but find a coin/pool that is more profitable than the one you are currently using.

Am I getting it right?
Well, using one of these rigs to mine multipools is really a gamble. Personally I would never lease/rent rigs to do that.
Then again sometimes it does make sense.
Ghash.io/Cex.io ran a double LTC rewards for 1 week, in that case it WAS worth it.

Really you as the renter is the one who has to find these opportunities. We just provide you with the hardware and services.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 07:26:56 PM

Am I getting it right?

Yes. Look at it this way: if it was as easy as pointing our rigs to Waffle, that's what we would do and would not bother listing these rigs on LeaseRig. What you as a renter are supposed to do is find an opportunity (new coin, promotion, etc), that pays X+Y, where X is Waffle. Then we might be able to meet halfway, i.e. I list my rig for X + Y/2, and you make Y/2 on top of that.

Now that doesn't always work quite like that. You are also competing with other renters who might have different motives. I've seen people using my rigs to mine on multipools and clearly losing money for extended periods of time. Bad at math perhaps? Laundering? No idea.
bitlynx

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 07:28:10 PM

One recommendation I have is for you to announce planned maintenance at the top of the web site in nice visible text.  It doesn't have to be Giant Sized, just visible.  Even knowing an hour in advance would be helpful and keep people from wondering what's going on an how long it will be unavailable.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 07:34:26 PM

One recommendation I have is for you to announce planned maintenance at the top of the web site in nice visible text.  It doesn't have to be Giant Sized, just visible.  Even knowing an hour in advance would be helpful and keep people from wondering what's going on an how long it will be unavailable.

You mean like this:

snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:37:18 PM

You mean like this:

Made me lol
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 07:46:56 PM

You mean like this:

Made me lol

Double Lol.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 07:49:00 PM

Best update ever.  Bulk provider rig management!

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 08:22:43 PM

*Rigs display table changed:
-[removed] Gold star and green background for rigs performing above their declared speed
-[moved] Caution icon and orange background for rigs performing below their declared speed
-[removed] confirmation message when attempting to hire a rig that is operating under the declared speed
-Gold star for localpay providers next to the provider name
-Caution icon next to the declared speed if the rig is not currently running at that speed
-orange background for rigs currently performing below their declared speed
-Rigs with under 100 rented hours are shown as NEW

*Header color change for providers
-Dark blue for customers and providers managing their customer account
-Dark red for providers administering rigs and plans

*Bulk Rig Management features
-Modify all (type) rigs by xxx%
-(Bug Fix) Extend all leases
-Set all <type> rigs pricing to xxx BTC per Mh/s per day
-Set all rehire bonus hours and % for all <type> rigs

*Lease cancellations do not reinstate provider pools
* Sort by accepted currency

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 08:30:11 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 08:42:39 PM by suchmoon

*Rigs display table changed:
-[removed] Gold star and green background for rigs performing above their declared speed
-[moved] Caution icon and orange background for rigs performing below their declared speed
-[removed] confirmation message when attempting to hire a rig that is operating under the declared speed
-Gold star for localpay providers next to the provider name
-Caution icon next to the declared speed if the rig is not currently running at that speed
-orange background for rigs currently performing below their declared speed
-Rigs with under 100 rented hours are shown as NEW

*Header color change for providers
-Dark blue for customers and providers managing their customer account
-Dark red for providers administering rigs and plans

*Bulk Rig Management features
-Modify all (type) rigs by xxx%
-(Bug Fix) Extend all leases
-Set all <type> rigs pricing to xxx BTC per Mh/s per day
-Set all rehire bonus hours and % for all <type> rigs

*Lease cancellations do not reinstate provider pools
* Sort by accepted currency

Non-bulk rig management seems to be broken. I tried to update prices on one rig using "Modify renting plans prices by" and it reset all plans to 0.001 and doesn't change anymore no matter what I do.

Edit: recreated all plans and it works now. Changing the "factor" update to "percent" is sneaky though Smiley . If I enter 1.1 as I'm used to then some lucky renter will get a super cheap rig for the next 72 hours. The other problem that it says "by xxx percent", but if you enter 10 it does not mean it will CHANGE THE PRICE BY 10%, it will SET THE PRICE TO 10% of current (again, lucky renters lurking for super deals). And the popup message after the update still says "factor" instead of "percent".
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:35:38 PM

I suppose this release fixes the email bombarding bug?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: