Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:26:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NHZ] - NeXT Horizon | ***PoS*** | BOUNTIES | escrow@poloniex  (Read 141433 times)
cbkr

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:04:12 PM

I was going to make a faucet/game but ran into the same problem, it won't let me make the http calls I need to interact with the blockchain so I am assuming it is related to that port.  At least I have the javascript for the game itself written up.

Querying a local post shouldn't be any problem. Just run a NHZ node on the server you are running the game on. Smiley
I'll think of a solution on how to adapt the bounty script to check nodes with different ports. Give me some time tough, I have to go outside now. The sun is (still) shining and I have been sitting here all day. Cheesy
Later guys!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WayToGo

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:05:44 PM

I would also like to know about the numerous 100K accounts sepehr mentioned.
What was that paid for and to whom?

dude can you read?
the developer accounts are listed above. all other accounts are bounty accounts as already mentioned.
or people receiving bounties for translations, working on some code, design (biggest non-developer bounty so far), etc.
the extreme envy about amounts in the 100k range is... well.. childish.
no one gets a huge amount of coins for free
we won't release a list of known account holders. where would this lead?
seriously, calm the f* down.
there is still enough bounty for everyone to grab.

:/    I am looking into other things I can do in order to get some stake.

the best place to look for that is in our irc channel Smiley

dude, its not called childish envy, but its called transparency.
I was expecting a much educated response from you like this much amount was given as bounty for this work etc.
You dont have to go that all aggressive in your response, if you guys are paying just bounty as you have been trying to convince us.
If you want me to run nodes, I want to know how much is paid in bounty so far, and for what work it is paid.
I dont have a problem in you paying x millions of bounties if it can be verified, accounted and accepted by the community.

Good luck with your coin dude.
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:18:55 PM

I was going to make a faucet/game but ran into the same problem, it won't let me make the http calls I need to interact with the blockchain so I am assuming it is related to that port.  At least I have the javascript for the game itself written up.

Querying a local post shouldn't be any problem. Just run a NHZ node on the server you are running the game on. Smiley
I'll think of a solution on how to adapt the bounty script to check nodes with different ports. Give me some time tough, I have to go outside now. The sun is (still) shining and I have been sitting here all day. Cheesy
Later guys!

I was using the wrong port (7776 is the correct one for API calls).

I got that part working now.  I still cannot forward port 7774 to open a node but you are correct and I can query port 7776 on local host.

My plan is to somehow contribute in another way so that I don't have to run a node.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
pharesim

Activity: 423

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:20:10 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 03:30:20 PM by pharesim

1 million each

Seriously? I (and everybody else) can get 1 million NHZ by spending 250$, 1 or 2 hours of time, and waiting a month. You say that's the appropriate amount for working our asses off in our free time since 2 weeks? There will always be people feeling like they would have deserved more than others and complain, we expected that. But your attitude beats our expectations by far.

Of course we have been thinking about things like "how many % will the devs end up with, how many % will be spread out to nodes, how long will distribution take" and so on. The simple answer is: we have no idea. It depends on who joins in, who stays how long, who does what, how many nodes are set up, and probably some more things we didn't even calculate with. We can't guess that, so we decided to go without a plan and look what happens.

If you don't see how much work we already put into this you probably have no idea of software development. You don't need to, but: this is not our day job, it's a hobby. I don't want another manager boss to whom I need to give account for everything I do. You don't like that attitude, you don't need to be here. NHZ is here to stay, and it will be spread out to hopefully a lot of people who appreciate the possibilities it offers.

Maybe there will be another team of developers using a similar approach, there certainly will be more NXT clones during the coming weeks and months and they all will have to think about a way for distribution. And if a team wants to feel like they're owned by some people calling themselves "community", but have nothing else to do but bitch around - that's their choice. We don't.

That said: as soon as our forum is running (only waiting for some style mockup by the great designer who joined us a few days ago) there will be more infos, and more room for questions. Now let us get back to work and do something productive for this project please.

I was expecting a much educated response from you like this much amount was given as bounty for this work etc.
2 weeks of work, < 5M each as visible on the block explorer. We didn't log our hours to give you details about how much time we spent on different tasks like planning, researching, programming, supporting and whatever else it needed to come to where we are now. And we won't do that in the future.
JKBtCn

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:22:42 PM

I finally managed to get a node running in digital ocean.
I am excited about this new coin now. Smiley

Thanks

@ WaytoGo and @Prospectus

What did you do different from the guide.pdf to create your node in Digital Ocean? I have my DO IP address but not quite sure how to go from here..Is it basically SSH into DO and download a client, etc or can I integrate DO with a my local PC somehow? Sorry, not used DO before and not great with networks so learning as I go.

Edit: NHZ - 12394329692429062604

NXT-XFAH-7N9C-6AS6-B3GLZ                BTC: 1MMzqYNNqQMMhY524Z9ThuQrRQW2whCmGk
NHZ: 8709719431783299770                 QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | Qi24ssRqmEo3Wepv9pgdmqNuTDKQByiEfd
pharesim

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:29:32 PM

What did you do different from the guide.pdf to create your node in Digital Ocean? I have my DO IP address but not quite sure how to go from here..Is it basically SSH into DO and download a client, etc or can I integrate DO with a my local PC somehow? Sorry, not used DO before and not great with networks so learning as I go.

Steps 1-3 have to be done both locally and on the server (ssh is the way to go), steps 4 and 5 on your local machine, 6-8 only on the server
WayToGo

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:37:35 PM

2 weeks of work, < 5M each as visible on the block explorer. We didn't log our hours to give you details about how much time we spent on different tasks like planning, researching, programming, supporting and whatever else it needed to come to where we are now. And we won't do that in the future.

Are you saying that you guys will keep on distributing millions every week from the bounty accounts (may be to your own sock puppet accounts) without giving us any details on what it is given for?
Very fair distribution indeed.  Wink
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:07:16 PM

Are you saying that you guys will keep on distributing millions every week from the bounty accounts (may be to your own sock puppet accounts) without giving us any details on what it is given for?
Very fair distribution indeed.  Wink

Dude - why the accusations?

There is a balance to be struck and the community so far, if that is what is forming here seems to be assuming that the NHZ 'devs' have done sweet FA, just unpacked NXT and have taken a huge fee for it... There were traps in NXT and I know NHZ found and removed them because NXT devs confirmed it, apart from the node bounties what else have they done - I don't know but I hope in time it will become clear.

AT THE MOMENT THIS COIN IS WORTH NOTHING in relation to anything else.... so these guys have taken a risk with their time - why are we questioning them?

Maybe NHZ needs more devs & contributors, if I could do more technically I'd offer to do something and see if I could get a bounty for it...
I cant, because of RL and I'm out of programming mostly now - but I respect those who can and do.

I guess there is a leadership group here in control of the coins (no i'm not part of it) - its been made clear that not all how the coins will be distributed has been worked out - like i said earlier - so post some ideas.

Some will accept that and trust these guys, and a community will form around that unless and until they give a reason to be trusted...

Some will assume that this coin cannot be trusted - and then should move on to another coin they feel they can trust.

pharesim

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:24:22 PM

Very fair distribution indeed.  Wink

When a lot of work is done we will give out millions a week. Can't see anything wrong with that.

What we did is pretty obvious. There's a stable blockchain, the node-bounty distribution system, the block explorer, a (not yet public) homepage and forum.

The only thing you seem to care about is getting out as much as possible while doing nothing. You set up a node, which took you some time once and will produce a continuous stream of coins from now on. We're happy you did that - but less for that one more node, than for one more guy who gets a piece of the cake. That's why we came up with the idea for the node bounty!

To have a successful coin there are a lot more (and more important) tasks to fulfill than having as many nodes as possible. In fact, nodes will come from alone while the coin is spread out.

Fair distribution was and still is our goal. But it's nothing which can be evaluated at the current stage. Additionally, it's very subjective. According to your posts about the height of the node bounty, you would say it's fair to give out as much as possible to nodes. In my opinion development and marketing play a much bigger role.

We already made a step towards you by doubling the node-bounty, which -again- is a tool to get the distribution spread as wide as possible, not something which would help the value of the coin. On the contrary: during the distribution phase, which will probably take 2 years or more, prices will always be calculated by how much it costs to run a node.
So we devalued our stake (and the one of translators and other people helping with spreading the word and creating useful tools) by 50% to make you happy, and you still complain and steal our time we could use to be productive. Please, leave us alone, nobody will miss you.
WayToGo

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:58:53 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 06:23:11 PM by WayToGo

Dudes,

The only thing I am asking for here is transparency.

I complained about nodes getting 333NHZ, just because I thought what your bounty for blog posts/transalations was too high compared to running a node.
I am not trying to get as many coins as I can, just for running a node.I believe in bounties for marketing/development etc. and I dont have a problem with that as long as it is known to every body.

You can set aside some millions for dev bounties and would it be so hard to update an online excel sheet when you give out a bounty with its details, so that anyone in the community can check it at any time.
That will give people like me some confidence to spread this coin, by referring critics to this online document.The the people have all the details in front of them from day 1 and its upto the individuals whether that want to believe in this coin or not.

If you are looking for a pump and dump coin, may be this is good as it will attract some newbies for the bounty tips and you could sell the rest of the coins once it hit a market.
But if we want to make a successful coin, the community will scrutinize every NHZ you have been transferred, and once someone finds a suspicious transaction, a scam tag will be put on this coin
and its game over.Just look around the market for those coins where the devs kept a percentage as premine for dev work and eventually got dumped in the market.
None of them has succeeded AFAIK.

Now you have only two weeks of bounty transactions to catch up and this coin has got a nice distribution model.
I dont see a problem with giving away millions of coins bounties per week as long as they are genuine and transparent.
But saying, we will keep giving away millions of bounties every week, via our irc channel, but will not give you any details about it, is not the right attitude I think.
pharesim

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:07:04 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 06:29:23 PM by pharesim

Ok, now we're on civilized grounds again Cheesy

I already said we will have more infos about distributed bounties on our forum later. We still have to think about a way to do this while protecting everyone's privacy (we have plans to implement tor, doesn't make much sense when an account can be connected to a user by bounty logs), but I hope we will be able to make everyone happy in the end.
MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:10:05 PM

I agree with this too...

Its great to hear that MC has set up 10 nodes, thats 6.6k/day, 200k/month at current rates - nice stake.

Unfortunately tough statements / accusations often get met with tough response. Asking questions with attitude is also a problem.
Along with assumptions that because an answer is not given right away something unfair or wrong is going on which is all too common in this forum.
This fork, I note not 'clone' is a few weeks old - so some differences perhaps?
Essentially the coins are 'un-distributed', the idea as I understand from the posts is to distribute by bounty but what, when other than the node bounties seems unclear.
Maybe this was announced 'too early' but perhaps we should propose ideas in this thread rather than demand accountability for what has already happened.
I too have set up 5 nodes and am prepared to 'give this community the benefit of some time' to get organised, rather than have all the answers right away.

I did not ask any 'tough' questions until  AFTER the NHZ guys said the discussion over distribution to developers was closed - AFTER!!

Dear Prospect, pharesim and cbkr,

Can I please have your NHZ account numbers?
Do you receive same amount of NHZ just like any other of us receiving 666 per day per server? or you are the owners of some of those big whales?

Naming accounts was very good idea but not complete.

You called some accounts bounty1, bounty2, bounty3, bounty4 and bounty5.

That's very good idea but you should let the community know who is responsible for these accounts.

But this is not the end of the story there is lots of other Millioner accounts:

http://explorer.nhzcrypto.org/?page=account&id=9473989027 Balance:   52,751,567 NHZ
http://explorer.nhzcrypto.org/?page=account&id=10213479994452367692 Balance:   4,255,069 NHZ
http://explorer.nhzcrypto.org/?page=account&id=446841167369702212 Balance:   1,445,469 NHZ
http://explorer.nhzcrypto.org/?page=account&id=9307421903608128156 Balance:   3,249,478 NHZ
http://explorer.nhzcrypto.org/?page=account&id=6756539540247114713 Balance:   1,021,940 NHZ

If you cleared these accounts and their holders, then there is a lot of hundred thousands accounts!

I'm not an auditor! I'm a programmer!

But the way you are going is not seems correct!

And you need an auditor to check if all bounties really paid by responsible persons or not?!

I'm sorry but I have not convinced yet!

9307421903608128156 developer account (One uniq person)
10213479994452367692 developer account (One uniq person
446841167369702212 developer account ( One uniq person)
9473989027 founder account (distribution account)

If there are any movements of funds from the developer accounts the funds are still theirs. The reason for the movement has to do with forgeing and let community being able to forge more.

Now. This discussion is over for my part. God speed!

A dev who answers a question on a coin distribution (when they released no original information) with : "This discussion is over for my part" is not to be trusted.

If you look back in this thread it's clear what happened. The NHZ guys got pissed at people for asking obvious questions about the distribution & accountability, and some people like me called that for what it is - dodgy!
cbkr

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:23:22 PM

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO REPEAT THAT WE ARE WORKING ON A SPREADSHEET?!
MadCow

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:27:38 PM

1 million each

Seriously? I (and everybody else) can get 1 million NHZ by spending 250$, 1 or 2 hours of time, and waiting a month. You say that's the appropriate amount for working our asses off in our free time since 2 weeks? There will always be people feeling like they would have deserved more than others and complain, we expected that. But your attitude beats our expectations by far.

Of course we have been thinking about things like "how many % will the devs end up with, how many % will be spread out to nodes, how long will distribution take" and so on. The simple answer is: we have no idea. It depends on who joins in, who stays how long, who does what, how many nodes are set up, and probably some more things we didn't even calculate with. We can't guess that, so we decided to go without a plan and look what happens.

If you don't see how much work we already put into this you probably have no idea of software development. You don't need to, but: this is not our day job, it's a hobby. I don't want another manager boss to whom I need to give account for everything I do. You don't like that attitude, you don't need to be here. NHZ is here to stay, and it will be spread out to hopefully a lot of people who appreciate the possibilities it offers.

Maybe there will be another team of developers using a similar approach, there certainly will be more NXT clones during the coming weeks and months and they all will have to think about a way for distribution. And if a team wants to feel like they're owned by some people calling themselves "community", but have nothing else to do but bitch around - that's their choice. We don't.

That said: as soon as our forum is running (only waiting for some style mockup by the great designer who joined us a few days ago) there will be more infos, and more room for questions. Now let us get back to work and do something productive for this project please.

It's a shame you guys didn't say these type of things at the start. I'm very patient and understand at the start of a big project not everything is explained or worked out in every detail. So just say that and everyone is happy.

When people asked about distribution and accountability, you should have said "we know it's important, and we're working on the details now. We'll say more later"

Some of your people didn't do that. They got defensive and narky, and made out that accountability issues are some how only relevant to greedy impatient people "freaking out". That's what created the problem.

Anyway, good luck with your coin Smiley

MadCow

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:29:39 PM

Is the guy who said "the discussion is over" happy with the spreadsheet, or did you have to twist his arm a little?
cbkr

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:42:39 PM

Is the guy who said "the discussion is over" happy with the spreadsheet, or did you have to twist his arm a little?

he didn't say anything against that and we discussed it a while back as team. what's your point? what's your problem?

I'm very patient

Haha, thanks. I had a good laugh.
MadCow

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:54:40 PM

he didn't say anything against that and we discussed it a while back as team. what's your point? what's your problem?

I'm very patient

Haha, thanks. I had a good laugh.

My point was the guy who said "the discussion is over" started people considering the possibility that an otherwise promising looking project 'might' be dodgy.

My point is the NHZ 'team' has been sending out mixed messages about your willingness to discuss accountability issues for the coin distribution. Mixed messages are confusing. Some of you are now 'on message' - accountability is important, that's good Smiley

I'm not going to post again. Good luck with your coin.
pharesim

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:39:36 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 11:54:07 AM by pharesim

Website and forum launched!
JKBtCn

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:01:52 AM

Steps 1-3 have to be done both locally and on the server (ssh is the way to go), steps 4 and 5 on your local machine, 6-8 only on the server

Thank you sir.

NHZ: 8709719431783299770                 QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | Qi24ssRqmEo3Wepv9pgdmqNuTDKQByiEfd
JKBtCn

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:30:18 PM

Is anyone else who uses Windows 7/8 having trouble syncing blocks on client?

I've been stuck on 1 block for a day now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: