Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:10:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161799 times)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:44:09 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 09:58:48 PM by poornamelessme

Guys this user(sitefive) is blackmailing people in bitcointalk forum.He will put messages all ipo coin threads and demanding BTC for deleting those posts check here for proof be careful with this guy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=553124.msg6039800#msg6039800

That may explain why we have so many trolls shouting scam all over the place. Logically you'd think people would explain their arguments and post concerns in a rational manner. But I've seen threads where we get a troll posting non-stop, days on end, 24 hrs daily ... making up idiotic claims to just derail threads.

The assumption has been they are trying to drive down the price to buy in low, or are working for whales. Simple extortion... guess that is the game some are playing instead.

Although this entire forum has little to no moderation, I'd hope the moderators would ban such people (the insane trollers). From a legal standpoint, the forum could theoretically even be liable by allowing extortion to occur and not doing anything about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:47:56 PM

Guys this user(sitefive) is blackmailing people in bitcointalk forum.He will put messages all ipo coin threads and demanding BTC for deleting those posts check here for proof be careful with this guy

Yeah this is pretty ridiculous. gg234 PM'd me to show me what this guy was doing. Look at this.

The people who are calling other coins scams... are the scammers. It's like the priests that end up being pedophiles or something. Completely ridiculous. That guy came in here at the beginning with his nice big scam remarks but I think he saw that we look way too legit for him to attack us.

UPcoin seems a bit more vulnerable since they are making claims about having a guaranteed rising exchange rate which seems a bit shady + they had the IPO. They removed their IPO now and are reimbursing users which at least eliminates a bit of risk from they claims they are making and gives them a bit of credibility.

So the lesson is - Make up your own goddamn mind. Read through all the posts, don't believe empty promises and trust your judgement without being blinded by greed and you'll be just fine. In the altcoin world it doesn't seem like a great idea to listen to advice from strangers since they mostly have their self interest at heart. Think for yourself and choose your investments wisely and you'll be richer for it.

Back to regular scheduled programming.

Bastard extortionist, only a idiot would actually pay the .2 BTC, a much simpler way would be to make a new thread that's self moderated..so their extortion attempts are pretty pathetic and useless..

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 09:58:31 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=553124.msg6039800#msg6039800

That may explain why we have so many trolls shouting scam all over the place. Logically you'd think people would explain their arguments and post concerns in a rational manner. But I've seen threads where we get a troll posting non-stop, days on end, 24 hrs daily ... making up idiotic claims to just derail threads.

The assumption has been they are trying to drive down the price to buy in low, or are working for whales. Simple extortion... guess that is the game some are playing instead.

Although this entire forum has little to no moderation, I'd hope the moderators would ban such people (the insane trollers). From a legal standpoint, the forum could theoretically even be liable if they don't do anything by allowing extortion to occur and not doing anything about it.

There are terrible people pretty much everywhere. I think real coins can get past that stuff but it's still sad that they have to deal with it.

Bastard extortionist, only a idiot would actually pay the .2 BTC, a much simpler way would be to make a new thread that's self moderated..so their extortion attempts are pretty pathetic and useless..

That's indeed a possible solution, but then these scammers will create another thread in which they point to your thread and say that you're removing all posts which call out your 'scam'. I prefer dealing with them myself as I did in this thread. I mean if I can't defend my position against a bunch of broken english scammers, that's just sad. I have a pretty easy going attitude about it though, if people are influenced by someone yelling scam in big bold red letters, then I don't even want those people investing in QBC. I like people who are smart enough to make up their own mind, cause those are the people who will be cheering you on when you need it and promoting the coin they invested in. That's the way you create a great community of smart people, by appealing to their rationality.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
QuebecCoin

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:28:57 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 01:57:50 AM by QuebecCoin

Hi JP,

okk we are also working on a QuebecCoin.

Our QBC is a SHA256 coin and we will be giving a 10% to Quebecers.

Total coins: 84 million
pre-mined: 8.4 million (all donated to the people)
block time: 1 min
Reward: 25 coins
reset dif: 1440 blocks or 1 day
reward cut in half every:  1 million blocks

we will be making a official announcement very soon, hope to have live in a couple of days...currently pre-mining (to give to Quebec residents) and preparing for launch.

You can follow the launch via twitter: @QuebecCoin

We hope to have the website up soon too: QuebecCoin.com

Ummm maybe we should talk?

Please see my personal email address in profile, I look forward in talking to you
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:48:44 AM

Hi JP,

we will be making a official announcement very soon, hope to have live in a couple of days...currently pre-mining (to give to Quebec residents) and preparing for launch.

Please see my personal email address in profile, I look forward in talking to you

Ah that's pretty funny. I saw that there was a @QuebecCoin twitter when I made my twitter account and that it was related to crypto. But you didn't have a picture up earlier today or any tweets (Your only 2 tweets are from 1hour ago) . I think you saw my release and panicked a bit and rushed out to talk to me? It looks like you were taking your time before I announced my coin to be honest.

I have a fully working X11 coin with DarkGravityWave difficulty readjustment, a fully working mobile responsive website which is ready and looks really good, all other social media sites are already set up as well. The Québecoin I'm releasing is cutting edge and has every feature to make it desirable to miners, investors and Québecers. I already have a great exchange and mining pools coming up too.

I'll have to ask you to not use QBC as it as already taken by my Québecoin (which is already announced of course). You might have had the idea as well and that's ok. Unfortunately your coin has a few major flaws. SHA256 is going to be mined exclusively by ASICs, almost no one on this forum will want to mine your coin. Second of all, you have the most basic difficulty readjustment available, once every 1440 blocks + SHA256 means your coin is going to get raped as soon as it's released. an ASIC miner will take every block for the first 1440 blocks and drive the difficulty through the roof for everyone else after that. Your coin is a very basic bitcoin clone and I don't think that's what's good for Québec.

If you are unhappy because I released Québecoin first, I would suggest instead helping me out and having one good Québecoin for everyone! You can contact me at jpgagnon@qbc.io and we'll be able to promote Québecoin together.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:14:14 AM

Hi JP,

SHA 256 and block adjustment every 1440 blocks? Is it 2011 or something? You guys don't even have a website. Kind of annoyed to see you're going ahead with release when you've been beat to the punch by a superior coin. Disclaimer : I invested in this IPO - because QBC looks like a winner. Your 'QuebecCoin' looks really cheap.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
QuebecCoin

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:50:51 AM

Ah that's pretty funny. I saw that there was a @QuebecCoin twitter when I made my twitter account and that it was related to crypto. But you didn't have a picture up earlier today or any tweets (Your only 2 tweets are from 1hour ago) . I think you saw my release and panicked a bit and rushed out to talk to me? It looks like you were taking your time before I announced my coin to be honest.

I have a fully working X11 coin with DarkGravityWave difficulty readjustment, a fully working mobile responsive website which is ready and looks really good, all other social media sites are already set up as well. The Québecoin I'm releasing is cutting edge and has every feature to make it desirable to miners, investors and Québecers. I already have a great exchange and mining pools coming up too.

I'll have to ask you to not use QBC as it as already taken by my Québecoin (which is already announced of course). You might have had the idea as well and that's ok. Unfortunately your coin has a few major flaws. SHA256 is going to be mined exclusively by ASICs, almost no one on this forum will want to mine your coin. Second of all, you have the most basic difficulty readjustment available, once every 1440 blocks + SHA256 means your coin is going to get raped as soon as it's released. an ASIC miner will take every block for the first 1440 blocks and drive the difficulty through the roof for everyone else after that. Your coin is a very basic bitcoin clone and I don't think that's what's good for Québec.

If you are unhappy because I released Québecoin first, I would suggest instead helping me out and having one good Québecoin for everyone! You can contact me at jpgagnon@qbc.io and we'll be able to promote Québecoin together.

No rushing here. I've been working on this project for the last 2 months. I saw your post just before making my announcement actually...just missed by a couple of hours it looks like. Throwing up a template website shouldn't take too long.

But that being said, maybe your coin is better, I don't know...I am actually not familiar with its technology.

But some things sound off to me, like the IPO? Selling pre-mined coin for BTC??  1% of total coins up to date: is a lot of coins! Trust me I do understand the amount of energy and money that can go into launching an Altcoin...but asking for money for pre-mine, just doesn't sound like a good idea and can quickly be turned into to a Scam topic. Plus 50% pre-mine, well the Auroracoin missed that one!

But I do believe that if QuebecCoin is to work that it was to have a community behind it. No reason to be fitting here. Being the creator or a miner shouldn't change the view. So ya, I will PM and see how we can help each other. Any QuebecCoin meetups planned?
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:56:07 AM

Anonymousxx. Seriously dude.  Your post makes you appear to be looking for a payoff to go away or some such thing.

Yeah that may have come out wrong. Shouldn't have gotten emotional over it I guess, felt the same way when there talks of a darkcoin clone. I invested in Québecoin (the one OP made) because it looks awesome and he looks like he knows what he's doing. It has great features and great design as well. Then you see someone come along with a sha256 coin that they threw together.. I don't know. I guess I should STFU and let OP handle it. Other QuebecCoin guy, your coin is pretty outdated to be honest...

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
THeZoiD

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:57:31 AM

i dont think that the dev is quebecois...

y 26 coins per block and not 24

i think there is nothing quebecois in this coin

i live in quebec and i call scam   tabarnack

poornamelessme

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:01:23 AM

I have wondered how long it'll take for some nation coins to get repeats... like a dozen Spain coins, etc. It's bound to happen more often, if this nation coin thing continues as it has been.

The 2nd Quebec Coin should just rename itself to something else, really. Canada Coin (although it again would be a repeat, as there is a failed Maple Coin already), Montreal (or some city in Quebec) coin... or just name it something else entirely. The latter is probably best, if you do release it.

I too question the logic of doing an IPO, but this coin (the 1st one... already getting confusing with too many Quebecs) is clearly superior due to the features borrowed from DarkCoin.
THeZoiD

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:02:50 AM

Hi JP,

SHA 256 and block adjustment every 1440 blocks? Is it 2011 or something? You guys don't even have a website. Kind of annoyed to see you're going ahead with release when you've been beat to the punch by a superior coin. Disclaimer : I invested in this IPO - because QBC looks like a winner. Your 'QuebecCoin' looks really cheap.

you guy's dont even know that the nationnal holiday in quebec is june 24....so the two coins from quebec got payouts of 25 and 26 coins....please go away and stop scamming my peoples

QuebecCoin

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:13:50 AM

you guy's dont even know that the nationnal holiday in quebec is june 24....so the two coins from quebec got payouts of 25 and 26 coins....please go away and stop scamming my peoples

HAHAHAHA I totally missed that one! Nice! I honestly wasn't even thinking about La St-Jean...just had the math in my head...
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 04:13:55 AM

No rushing here. I've been working on this project for the last 2 months. I saw your post just before making my announcement actually...just missed by a couple of hours it looks like. Throwing up a template website shouldn't take too long.

But that being said, maybe your coin is better, I don't know...I am actually not familiar with its technology.

But some things sound off to me, like the IPO? Selling pre-mined coin for BTC??  1% of total coins up to date: is a lot of coins! Trust me I do understand the amount of energy and money that can go into launching an Altcoin...but asking for money for pre-mine, just doesn't sound like a good idea and can quickly be turned into to a Scam topic. Plus 50% pre-mine, well the Auroracoin missed that one!

But I do believe that if QuebecCoin is to work that it was to have a community behind it. No reason to be fitting here. Being the creator or a miner shouldn't change the view. So ya, I will PM and see how we can help each other. Any QuebecCoin meetups planned?

I've been very clear about why I'm doing an IPO. I intend to work on Québecoin full time at least a year to get it to really take off. For that I'm taking time off from my job and going in with everything I've got. The IPO is 0.5% and I think that in addition to letting me work on the coin, investors will be able to profit, so it's a win win for everyone. Miners will enjoy the coin as well with the X11 algorithm. I'm adressing all concerns directly in this thread and I've gotten great responses as well.

Now when it comes to your creation, I really think you should reconsider launching. I've made sure that Québecoin has all the best features available right now and I will make sure that it stays up to date in the future. If you don't know the reasons why QBC is technically superior, chances are that you're not very involved in the crypto community right now. Releasing a SHA256 coin in 2014 with a difficulty adjustment every 1440 blocks is suicide. ASIC miners will simply take every single block and the distribution will be awful and most likely end up in the hands of just a few people. I think Québec deserves a lot better than that and I already gave it to them. I don't want to come off rude and I'm definitely open to sharing ideas about promoting QBC.

i dont think that the dev is quebecois...

y 26 coins per block and not 24

i think there is nothing quebecois in this coin

i live in quebec and i call scam   tabarnack

J'ai ajusté la distribution de la meilleure façon possible pour atteindre mes objectifs, 24 ça aurait pas changé grand chose mais 26 c'est le chiffre auquel je suis arrivé dans mes calculs. C'est pas nécessaire d'attaquer mon coin pour rien, es-tu un ami du gars de quebeccoin coudonc?

THeZoiD

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:14:34 AM

ok...its not my still to call scam...but here i am... Angry

first quebec is a french province of canada...there is no link to a french [ann] post

second there is no code what so ever related to quebec in this coin

we exporte maple sirup in the u.s.a so easy to get there...

so please people dont get scam this coin is not for quebec its to make an american or english canadian money

ps: dont fuck with quebecers or you will end like Pierre Laporte....

quebecers are not to be fucked with...

poornamelessme

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:20:49 AM

first quebec is a french province of canada...there is no link to a french [ann] post

so please people dont get scam this coin is not for quebec its to make an american or english canadian money

Do you mean this ann post?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552630.0

Please don't turn into one of those insane trollers who come up with asinine reasons for a coin to supposedly be a scam.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:21:38 AM

wtf
JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 04:24:18 AM

Bon premièrement voici le lien vers le fil de discussion en français - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552630

Je suis aussi Québécois que toi. Mon coin est très bien développé et j'ai des portefeuilles pour Windows Mac Linux etc. Je pense que c'est assez facile de savoir que je suis Québécois. Je fête la Saint-Jean toutes les années comme un débile mais le nombre de QBC par block à pas besoin d'avoir rapport avec quoi que ce soit à part la manière dont je veux que le QBC soit distribué à travers le temps.

Now in english, I have to say that I think the dev from the other coin brought a friend or something to attack me. A bunch of nonsense arguments. People who receive the maple syrup will see that it's from Québec by the postage and the tracking and everything anyways.

I have wondered how long it'll take for some nation coins to get repeats... like a dozen Spain coins, etc. It's bound to happen more often, if this nation coin thing continues as it has been.

The 2nd Quebec Coin should just rename itself to something else, really. Canada Coin (although it again would be a repeat, as there is a failed Maple Coin already), Montreal (or some city in Quebec) coin... or just name it something else entirely. The latter is probably best, if you do release it.

I too question the logic of doing an IPO, but this coin (the 1st one... already getting confusing with too many Quebecs) is clearly superior due to the features borrowed from DarkCoin.

The second coin definitely can't stay a 'QuébecCoin' like you said. It can be PoutineCoin or SaintJeanCoin or MontrealCoin (MTL surely isn't taken as an abbreviation). What the dev can do is promote QBC. It's the superior product.

JPGagnon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 04:27:46 AM

wtf

Wow. Si tu roules quebecbitcoin.com , tu arrives à un drôle de moment. Ça doit pas faire beaucoup de sens! J'ai annoncé et sorti mon Québecoin (QBC) avant-hier avec X11 et DarkGravityWave. Il y a peut-être une heure un autre développeur est arrivé ici avec un 'QuebecCoin (SHA256 = ASIC + ajustements de difficulté aux 1440 blocks = Instamine rape fest)

Je crois qu'il ne devrait y en avoir qu'un seul en réalité, mes arguments sont que je suis le premier évidemment mais aussi que le produit est fait pour les Québécois et je pense qu'ils devraient avoir le meilleur des deux.

QuebecCoin

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:29:56 AM

Merci JP, oui enfait; vous avez raison votre technologie est probablement beaucoup plus avancé que le mien.

Pis ouais, je suis 100% d'accord que le québec devrait avoir la meilleur des coins qui peut exister sur le marché.

Puis oui, je vous écris sous peu pour avoir plus d'informations et voir comment je peux vous aider.

Est-ce que vous ou d'autres, allez à Toronto next weekend?
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:33:12 AM

wtf

Wow. Si tu roules quebecbitcoin.com , tu arrives à un drôle de moment. Ça doit pas faire beaucoup de sens! J'ai annoncé et sorti mon Québecoin (QBC) avant-hier avec X11 et DarkGravityWave. Il y a peut-être une heure un autre développeur est arrivé ici avec un 'QuebecCoin (SHA256 = ASIC + ajustements de difficulté aux 1440 blocks = Instamine rape fest)

Je crois qu'il ne devrait y en avoir qu'un seul en réalité, mes arguments sont que je suis le premier évidemment mais aussi que le produit est fait pour les Québécois et je pense qu'ils devraient avoir le meilleur des deux.

quebecbitcoin.com est un forum que j'ai ouvert il y a 1 ans. Ce n'est pas une crypto-devise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: