Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:21:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893540 times)
Meije

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:35:34 PM

Well, it seems that we have a thief that knows what he is doing and is probably also reading this conversation. I suggest everybody install VPN and keep all the wallets with more than 10k offline. Pooling something like this off requires some patience and penetration testing with something like Backtrack, so he is probably monitoring other people right now. Not to scare everyone, but this is pretty annoying. I use private Internet access to secure my connection to prevent anybody scanning my network for vulnerabilities.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:52:18 PM

Well, it seems that we have a thief that knows what he is doing and is probably also reading this conversation. I suggest everybody install VPN and keep all the wallets with more than 10k offline. Pooling something like this off requires some patience and penetration testing with something like Backtrack, so he is probably monitoring other people right now. Not to scare everyone, but this is pretty annoying. I use private Internet access to secure my connection to prevent anybody scanning my network for vulnerabilities.

i have open a donation adress GNn68cc5Z4qpAZtQQKxmN4zZkJgwHS11Zx and backup my wallet 4 times and i got a beter virusscanner

Thanks for your donation
Frais

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:57:33 PM

and backup my wallet 4 times and i got a beter virusscanner

As long as you don't know what happened you can't be sure this will do the trick. There's a chance the hacker has still access into your system.
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:57:49 PM

Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:11:17 PM

i have open a donation adress GNn68cc5Z4qpAZtQQKxmN4zZkJgwHS11Zx and backup my wallet 4 times and i got a beter virusscanner

Thanks for your donation

Before even buying more Guldencoin I would suggest cleaning out your PC or just keeping your wallets offline completely and have multiple copies, hackers are smart people and they know Guldencoin will be a top 20 coin by next year. People will be trying harder to hack your Guldencoin wallets more then ever now.
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:12:16 PM

Thanks for your donation

Before even buying more Guldencoin I would suggest cleaning out your PC or just keeping your wallets offline completely and have multiple copies, hackers are smart people and they know Guldencoin will be a top 20 coin by next year. People will be trying harder to hack your Guldencoin wallets more then ever now.

i have no money at this moment for buy guldencoin, i have buy al my coins on 90 satoshi 200 euro is a lot of money

i'm scan at the moment
Meije

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:27:34 PM

The problem with these exploits is that they embed themselves into your system and are not detected by virus scanners because they already control them!. The exploits that have been used are pretty simple and effective, first find a back-door into your system and disable any virus scanners, then one to monitor keyboard inputs. The only effective way to stop this is by disabling your internet, formating your computer totally, then install a VPN on the network of a relative, install for example the payed version of avast, and reset your router. This will prevent the hacker from even getting the chance to test your network. If you do not do this, he will always find something, even o a Mac!
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:32:58 PM

The problem with these exploits is that they embed themselves into your system and are not detected by virus scanners because they already control them!. The exploits that have been used are pretty simple and effective, first find a back-door into your system and disable any virus scanners, then one to monitor keyboard inputs. The only effective way to stop this is by disabling your internet, formating your computer totally, then install a VPN on the network of a relative, install for example the payed version of avast, and reset your router. This will prevent the hacker from even getting the chance to test your network. If you do not do this, he will always find something, even o a Mac!

daar kom ik op terug en wil ik me ook in verdiepen alles staat nu offline, ben je mooi klaar mee als het zo makkelijk is
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:35:42 PM

Thanks for your donation

i have no money at this moment for buy guldencoin, i have buy al my coins on 90 satoshi 200 euro is a lot of money

i'm scan at the moment

I am very sorry to hear what happened bram... I will speak with my wife and see if we can donate some your way after you have confirmed you have taken the proper steps to secure your wallet. I only open my wallet when I need to send coins from it to buy from merchants. You don't even need to open your wallet when sending coins to it, you just need to keep a copy of your wallet addresses somewhere and use the blockchain explorer that /GeertJohan built to make sure the transaction succeeded.

So when I need to use my wallet I get it from backup, then I rename the wallet.dat file that I just use to sync to blockchain to current before putting the backup copy. I open my Guldencoin wallet, do the transaction and then close it down and delete my wallet.dat file off the computer.

I think if Guldencoin team or community had to do a project it would make it so people are forced to secure there wallets because mainstream users might have same problem as Bram, but remember you have to think of your wallet as like your own wallet you keep fiat in, you would not leave your own wallet open and laying around. This is why I am so happy Guldencoin is not a POS coin.

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
Meije

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:38:53 PM

I don't know if it is possible to incorporate 2 factor authentication into the Guldencoin wallet with something like Google-authenticator, but it would be a great idea to improve security. Because if this coin goes mainstream, and the number of these criminals increases the media will be hunting for these type of things for proof that Guldencoin is not secure, although more bank accounts are hacked every year.
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:39:30 PM

I don't know if it is possible to incorporate 2 factor authentication into the Guldencoin wallet with something like Google-authenticator, but it would be a great idea to improve security. Because if this coin goes mainstream, and the number of these criminals increases the media will be hunting for these type of things for proof that Guldencoin is not secure, although more bank accounts are hacked every year.

You read my mind, look at my post above. Smiley

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:41:11 PM

Update

I have scan with 3 spyware and 1 virrusscaner my laptop is clean i have made a new guldencoin adress and the wallet is offline

the next days i will install win 7 again, at his moment my wallet is save

Donation: GNn68cc5Z4qpAZtQQKxmN4zZkJgwHS11Zx

Thanks for all the assistance
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 01:43:58 PM

Great idea, don't know if it is technical possible, but if we have 2fa in the wallet I will use it.
Are there even other coins wallets with 2fa?

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:46:02 PM

Great idea, don't know if it is technical possible, but if we have 2fa in the wallet I will use it.
Are there even other coins wallets with 2fa?

wallet pass + secret question = send coins
Meije

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:49:31 PM

Yep, i was typing when you posted Wink. bram_vnl, sniffing and hijacking somebody's facebook account with a man in the Middle attack like SSL-strip , with an app like Zanti and Dsploit on you mobile phone is no different, and a piece of cake. You can now practically use your phone to crack and spy on your neighbors. So hacking has become more easy to do, but methods to easily securing your wallets has stayed behind. Maybe when the dev team are finished with the algorithm, they can pay some attention to increasing wallet security.
Frais

Activity: 246

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:49:41 PM

I'm not totally sure, but this transaction has the same characteristics as Bram's disappearing Guldencoins: https://explorer.guldencoin.com/#/address/GKJbyLgEBQ2mnTdQCEWs33wcefrBQ5w58f

GKJbyLgEBQ2mnTdQCEWs33wcefrBQ5w58f is a month-old address and on almost exact the same time as Bram's the wallet was emptied. Two outputs:

https://explorer.guldencoin.com/#/address/GLMibrJY39Z8bFD7M2dDtpvm6XdBNkdxbp

and

https://explorer.guldencoin.com/#/address/GdRcqkAk14Uqo3vwhYvMhby7upyrdJnCXn

The last address is created on exact the same time as the one where Bram's guldencoins are on at this moment. I don't know if this say something or not, but if this is an active hacker focusing on stealing Guldencoins then there's a great chance there are similar transactions.  

Wildwest

Activity: 1701
Merit: 315

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:52:17 PM

Update

I have scan with 3 spyware and 1 virrusscaner my laptop is clean i have made a new guldencoin adress and the wallet is offline

the next days i will install win 7 again, at his moment my wallet is save

Donation: GNn68cc5Z4qpAZtQQKxmN4zZkJgwHS11Zx

Thanks for all the assistance

It's sad to see such a big community member get his coins stolen. Before formatting your PC it will be important to find out if you got a trojan that might of attached itself to exe files on your system.

https://www.virustotal.com/

Use the above website to scan the guldencoin.exe , let us know the results.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
investeerder

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:00:26 PM

Yep, i was typing when you posted Wink. bram_vnl, sniffing and hijacking somebody's facebook account with a man in the Middle attack like SSL-strip , with an app like Zanti and Dsploit on you mobile phone is no different, and a piece of cake. You can now practically use your phone to crack and spy on your neighbors. So hacking has become more easy to do, but methods to easily securing your wallets has stayed behind. Maybe when the dev team are finished with the algorithm, they can pay some attention to increasing wallet security.

The algorithm change will only happen in 6 months as /GeertJohan is building a simulator first.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:03:30 PM

Meije

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:05:42 PM

The algorithm change will only happen in 6 months as /GeertJohan is building a simulator first.
How do you know that?, did i miss an announcement?. I have not heard anything when it will be finished. I guess that that is a speculation because we are not seeing allot right now, but 6 months is over exaggerated.
Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: