Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:20:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893540 times)
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 07:15:55 PM

Nice php script for validating Guldencoin addresses: http://www.betalenmetguldencoin.nl/code.php.
Works great!

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:16:54 PM

Just bought me some Guldencoin, this one looks like a winner longterm.

Welcome Croxx,

You are 100% correct, Guldencoin is a longterm project where we will continue to add value no matter if we end up with 1000 or 10 million users and no matter what the current price is. The attitude of the team and the users is the same --> Just keep adding value. Smiley

Please join us on the official forums if you want to find out more and if you want to make suggestions. There is a Dutch and English section to post on.
https://forum.guldencoin.com

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:21:19 PM

Nice php script for validating Guldencoin addresses: http://www.betalenmetguldencoin.nl/code.php.
Works great!

I also want to say a BIG THANKS to Jero for keeping the news site up to date constantly. Please bookmark this page if you don't have time to get involved in the Official forums and ANN thread here on btctalk.

http://www.guldencoinweb.nl

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:31:43 PM

I just want to thank everyone working to make this coin a success from the team to the brilliant community we have! I will be buying up my retirement portion Monday. Smiley

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:32:29 PM

Just bought me some Guldencoin, this one looks like a winner longterm.

Welcome croxx!

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
Jero

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 07:34:36 PM

Works great!

I also want to say a BIG THANKS to Jero for keeping the news site up to date constantly. Please bookmark this page if you don't have time to get involved in the Official forums and ANN thread here on btctalk.

http://www.guldencoinweb.nl

Thank you!

One minor, it's news only in Dutch. I don't have the skills/time to translate to English too. But... if someone like to copy the site in English, or like to maintain an English section, you're welcome to do so. Just PM me if you're interested...

Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:46:01 PM

I am super surprised this service did not get more media attention? Wasn't this a first for any crypto currency?

Thanks bluestreet, the main objective of the paysafecard project was to give users more options to get their hands on Guldencoin and there will be more buying options in the future without the need of having btc as a "middle man" for the end user.

More News.

About 2 weeks ago I spoke about a tier 2 project being released next month, well this will most likely be delayed until January/early feb but let me just say this is the most exciting project that is being worked on by us but the delay isn't without reason. This is because something else is being worked on that will help the underlying network and give more users access to Guldencoin... I don't want to say too much but it will be a very exciting addition.

The tier 2 project is yummy, very yummy indeed.

Can't wait for these new projects!!
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:53:26 PM

Guy's, I'm finally sitting down at a London airport and read up what happened the past two weeks. I have been extremely busy with a "brick and stone" job lately, not really able to give my attention to NLG in a way I would like to. Fortunately I have some peace and quiet time coming up, so I can get back to it!

One thing, besides the big project, I'm am eager to address is the trouble with CleverMining. There must be a way to address this politically, and I really want to try that path. Are there any previous contact moments with Terk you guys might have had that can help me in building a case to discuss with him? Maybe PM's are best for that ATM...

Cheers,

LTEX

My first PM convo with Terk:

Terk,

Greetings, mate.  I wanted to drop you a line as a simple request from one pool op/miner to another.  Members of the Guldencoin community are starting to get a little upset with the effects that CleverMining has on the Guldencoin network.  When CleverMining hops on NLG, we see difficulty swings and periods of no blocks found.  The developers are planning to make changes that will essentially make it less favorable for CleverMining, and other multipools, to keep mining NLG.  I figured in the meantime I would just ask, respected community member to respected community member, pool op to pool op, miner to miner- will you remove NLG from CleverMining to ease the burden it places on the NLG network?

If you'd like to respond here in PM, I can pass the info on to the NLG community.  However, it might be beneficial if you extended the olive branch to the community, and you responded in the ANN thread.  Just a thought.

Thanks,

Fuse

Hi, one of your developers already contacted me. Your difficulty adjustment algorithm is clearly broken. I think you should switch to DigiShield ASAP.

CleverMining developed our own algorithm of limiting hashrate pointed at coins depending on their difficulty. We put only limited amount of hashrate to don't hurt the coin and don't inflate difficulty too much. It works great with all DigiShield coins and it works quite well with most KGW coins. NLG is the exception. I don't know why. Either your KGW implementation is bugged or maybe KGW doesn't work well with such long block gaps (most coins have 60 seconds these days).

I wouldn't like to abandon NLG completely as I have responsibilities to my users and I promised them to maximize their profit and mine the most profitable coins. But I also have no intention to hurt coins, especially ones which developers want to adapt and improve. I want to find some middle ground.

What I did is I limited maximum amount of hashrate pointed to NLG to 4x less than at other coins at the same difficulty. This limits us to use only a small fraction of our hashrate to mine NLG. It will still cause difficulty jumps, but they should be more manageable. Do you think this will work for you?

In the meantime you should implement a better difficulty readjustments algorithm as soon as possible.

His recommendation... implement DIGI.  This is the algo Criptoe is currently testing.

However, what get's me is the part that is in bold.  He states he has obligations to his miners, but he's not currently making them any money by putting coins into a holding wallet.  He says he has no intentions of hurting coins, but we've had 3 months of constant sell pressure with 50%+ of the daily coins being raped and sold.

If someone else can convince him that he's hurting the coin, please do so.  I took a shot at it, and it went nowhere.  That's why I'm so against Terk and Clever now.  It's pretty obvious he just doesn't care what he does to this coin.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Jero

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 08:15:34 PM

Guy's, I'm finally sitting down at a London airport and read up what happened the past two weeks. I have been extremely busy with a "brick and stone" job lately, not really able to give my attention to NLG in a way I would like to. Fortunately I have some peace and quiet time coming up, so I can get back to it!

One thing, besides the big project, I'm am eager to address is the trouble with CleverMining. There must be a way to address this politically, and I really want to try that path. Are there any previous contact moments with Terk you guys might have had that can help me in building a case to discuss with him? Maybe PM's are best for that ATM...

Cheers,

LTEX

My first PM convo with Terk:

Terk,

Greetings, mate.  I wanted to drop you a line as a simple request from one pool op/miner to another.  Members of the Guldencoin community are starting to get a little upset with the effects that CleverMining has on the Guldencoin network.  When CleverMining hops on NLG, we see difficulty swings and periods of no blocks found.  The developers are planning to make changes that will essentially make it less favorable for CleverMining, and other multipools, to keep mining NLG.  I figured in the meantime I would just ask, respected community member to respected community member, pool op to pool op, miner to miner- will you remove NLG from CleverMining to ease the burden it places on the NLG network?

If you'd like to respond here in PM, I can pass the info on to the NLG community.  However, it might be beneficial if you extended the olive branch to the community, and you responded in the ANN thread.  Just a thought.

Thanks,

Fuse

Hi, one of your developers already contacted me. Your difficulty adjustment algorithm is clearly broken. I think you should switch to DigiShield ASAP.

CleverMining developed our own algorithm of limiting hashrate pointed at coins depending on their difficulty. We put only limited amount of hashrate to don't hurt the coin and don't inflate difficulty too much. It works great with all DigiShield coins and it works quite well with most KGW coins. NLG is the exception. I don't know why. Either your KGW implementation is bugged or maybe KGW doesn't work well with such long block gaps (most coins have 60 seconds these days).

I wouldn't like to abandon NLG completely as I have responsibilities to my users and I promised them to maximize their profit and mine the most profitable coins. But I also have no intention to hurt coins, especially ones which developers want to adapt and improve. I want to find some middle ground.

What I did is I limited maximum amount of hashrate pointed to NLG to 4x less than at other coins at the same difficulty. This limits us to use only a small fraction of our hashrate to mine NLG. It will still cause difficulty jumps, but they should be more manageable. Do you think this will work for you?

In the meantime you should implement a better difficulty readjustments algorithm as soon as possible.

His recommendation... implement DIGI.  This is the algo Criptoe is currently testing.

However, what get's me is the part that is in bold.  He states he has obligations to his miners, but he's not currently making them any money by putting coins into a holding wallet.  He says he has no intentions of hurting coins, but we've had 3 months of constant sell pressure with 50%+ of the daily coins being raped and sold.

If someone else can convince him that he's hurting the coin, please do so.  I took a shot at it, and it went nowhere.  That's why I'm so against Terk and Clever now.  It's pretty obvious he just doesn't care what he does to this coin.

-Fuse

Fuse,

With respect for all your input and efforts. You're a great community member!

Not sure Clevermining is storing coins or selling at Bittrex atm (read also comment on my msg of today https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554412.msg9680764#msg9680764) But you're VERY right on one part. IF Clevermining cares and make profit with respect for the coin they should make posts in this treath too TO DISCUSS things. Till they do, you're just right on all subjects...

Frais

Activity: 246

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 08:25:33 PM

If Guldencoin is one of the most profitable coins to mine for a multipool, why is clevermining the only multipool mining Guldencoin then? Are the other multipools asleep? It doesn't make sense to me.
Jero

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 08:29:20 PM

If Guldencoin is one of the most profitable coins to mine for a multipool, why is clevermining the only multipool mining Guldencoin then? Are the other multipools asleep? It doesn't make sense to me.

Think more will follow after the price rises... And maybe that's good to prevent 51% attack. But also, they all will dump instant, I think...

Frais

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 08:41:19 PM

Think more will follow after the price rises... And maybe that's good to prevent 51% attack. But also, they all will dump instant, I think...

But why is clevermining still mining with a decreasing price, how is that looking for the best profit? It sounds like bullying to me. Master Terk vs. Slave Guldencoin.
Jero

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 08:49:14 PM

But why is clevermining still mining with a decreasing price, how is that looking for the best profit? It sounds like bullying to me. Master Terk vs. Slave Guldencoin.

They can abuse the network and get more coins then they should.
If the network can handle quick changes in hashrate there is no profit any more at current price.

So after the algo change, price will rise, network will be stable and more pools and dedicated miners will join to get an equal share.

But most important: blocks will resolve in a normal rate and transactions will be confirmed in normal time.

Frais

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:02:32 PM

They can make profit because of abusing the network. I think that's a very legitimate reason to exclude them until things are fixed. And maybe exclude them also after the algorithm update, I don't think it's best for the Guldencoin that a shady multipool like clevermining is linked to it. 
Jero

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 09:08:22 PM

They can make profit because of abusing the network. I think that's a very legitimate reason to exclude them until things are fixed. And maybe exclude them also after the algorithm update, I don't think it's best for the Guldencoin that a shady multipool like clevermining is linked to it. 

We did not exclude them because they just take profit of a leak. Same with paying taxes, if there is a way to take profit people will use it.
Also, this is going on for quite a while (a few months) and we're almost at a solution. Some patience is better for now.

Excluding, in what ever way, right now is like running a marathon and quit with only have to go one mile more.

Frais

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:37:36 PM

We did not exclude them because they just take profit of a leak. Same with paying taxes, if there is a way to take profit people will use it.
Also, this is going on for quite a while (a few months) and we're almost at a solution. Some patience is better for now.

Excluding, in what ever way, right now is like running a marathon and quit with only have to go one mile more.

Well off course waiting for the algorithm update is the best solution right now. If think it was a serious solution when this all started. I know from my surroundings some potential investors left Guldencoin because of this. And there will be more who did the same. For me this decreasing price is a great way to buy some more millions, for others it's a sign of an unsteady coin. Most of the potential investors don't even know why the price is as it is right now. Guldencoin also needs to cherish the potential Guldencoin users who don't read websites like these. Who are interested in the philosophy behind Guldencoin but don't have the knowledge (or time) to understand technical problems like this.
investeerder

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:46:02 PM

Well off course waiting for the algorithm update is the best solution right now. If think it was a serious solution when this all started. I know from my surroundings some potential investors left Guldencoin because of this. And there will be more who did the same. For me this decreasing price is a great way to buy some more millions, for others it's a sign of an unsteady coin. Most of the potential investors don't even know why the price is as it is right now. Guldencoin also needs to cherish the potential Guldencoin users who don't read websites like these. Who are interested in the philosophy behind Guldencoin but don't have the knowledge (or time) to understand technical problems like this.

Best time to buy is now or in 2 months time just before the algo change takes place. Plenty other projects coming to keep more people coming back for more while we down our sorrows on the blockchain.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:47:25 PM

I have great respect for the dev team and how they have built up this coin.  I often tell people, and I've said in this thread as well, that they are the only team I've dealt so far with that does not over-promise or under-deliver.

That being said, when the simulator is done, I really hope the dev team will be ready to take community recommendations and move on an algo.  I've pushed from the beginning to move to DIGI.  Terk reaffirmed my thoughts with his comments in that PM... obviously he thinks DIGI will knock his pool out of the chain.  I was swayed by one of my team members that BTM was the way to go, but we found out shortly there-after that BTM was borked, and it failed miserably.  Custom algos are great and all, but I know that DIGI works, and my team has had some good initial findings with our testnet.

However, what worries me is the fact that clever is still mining NLG, even when it can't possibly be profitable.  The storage/Bittrex address shows that.  So why continue to mine, other than to hurt the coin on an insta-dump later on?  My main concern is that regardless of the effectiveness of whatever algo we chose, Terk will use his enormous pool of hashrate to continue to rape NLG for the hell of it.  I'm starting to think regardless of what he mines, he can absorb a considerable amount of profit loss to "play" with coins.  NLG is just a bug under his shoe.

One thing we could do that would cut clever out of the picture is ask Bittrex to suspend trading.  If that's where the coins are in fact ending up, maybe just pull the rug out from under him.  Or ask the Bittrex owner to remove the API calls for NLG.  Without a way to gauge exact profitability, it would be a solid argument to his miners that he is in fact using their hashes to ruin a coin, rather than making him money.

And yes, until we hear from Terk, it is all just speculation.  But I'd seriously doubt he'd say anything when he knows he's the reason for 3 months worth of community angst.  How could he seriously explain why he's doing what he's doing... "oh, I just didn't know"... yeah, ok.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:13:29 PM

Can't we block him ourselves with the low orbit ion cannon targeting his ip and guldencoin rpc port.  Grin

That's a no-go area... don't go there... that is a direct assault on the site and could get you in a lot of mess in many countries (even in the Netherlands). Even among the majority of IT people DDOS is NEVER an option.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:30:14 PM

Can't we block him ourselves with the low orbit ion cannon targeting his ip and guldencoin rpc port.  Grin

That's a no-go area... don't go there... that is a direct assault on the site and could get you in a lot of mess in many countries (even in the Netherlands). Even among the majority of IT people DDOS is NEVER an option.

I have to agree with BioMike on this one.  As much as I hate what clever is doing to this coin, going down the DDOS road is not something I would ever consider.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: