Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:14:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893540 times)
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 05:56:20 PM

I would like to suggest people to not add more hashing power to guldenpool, because it approaches the 50%. Criptoe is a nice alternative.
+1
Second, I think someone needs to weed out the dead pools on the first page.
+1

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 06:16:31 PM

Today i rented (first time ever) a rig of 75Mh and pointed it to Criptoe. So far I see everything runs smooth and I wonder how this will run futher.
One question... how can I see how much coins I mine/or have mined so far? I am quite new to this so I know this is real newbie question.

If I like, I will point more later on to support the network. Because selling means a loss at this moment, I won't sell, just keep and buy some stuff from our merchants later on ;-)

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
Bittenno

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:53:03 PM

I just pointed my rig to Criptoe instead of using it on Hardcoreminers.com so I can test direct mining.

What benefit does one have when using Criptoe instead of Hardcoreminers?

By the way Biomike is right, we should get rid of the dead pools listed on all websites.

Cheers!

Bittenno
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:58:25 PM

Today i rented (first time ever) a rig of 75Mh and pointed it to Criptoe. So far I see everything runs smooth and I wonder how this will run futher.
One question... how can I see how much coins I mine/or have mined so far? I am quite new to this so I know this is real newbie question.

With Criptoe this is a bit difficult. You can see how much NLG comes in to your address that you use when mining (if you use that address for criptoe only). On http://criptoe.com/tbs you can see the pending found blocks, which is the amount of blocks currently found, but which have not matured yet. With your hash rate (compared to the pool hash rate) this can give a bit of indication on how much NLG you can expect.

If I like, I will point more later on to support the network. Because selling means a loss at this moment, I won't sell, just keep and buy some stuff from our merchants later on ;-)

I try to see how much I mined for the BTC that I used for renting and put a sell order (rate = BTC used/NLG yielded) on bittrex. I expect the price to go up at some point, which at that time I will get my BTC back.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:03:25 PM

I just pointed my rig to Criptoe instead of using it on Hardcoreminers.com so I can test direct mining.

What benefit does one have when using Criptoe instead of Hardcoreminers?

If you're fine with HCM, you can stay there. I've heard people saying that they are worried about the payout of HCM (finances of the pool appear to be not so good), but I have no hard proof to back that up. Criptoe and Guldenpool are my personal favourites (I like mining where I can give just a NLG address to the miner and have everything receiving at that address).
Jero

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 07:04:56 PM

With Criptoe this is a bit difficult. You can see how much NLG comes in to your address that you use when mining (if you use that address for criptoe only). On http://criptoe.com/tbs you can see the pending found blocks, which is the amount of blocks currently found, but which have not matured yet. With your hash rate (compared to the pool hash rate) this can give a bit of indication on how much NLG you can expect.

I try to see how much I mined for the BTC that I used for renting and put a sell order (rate = BTC used/NLG yielded) on bittrex. I expect the price to go up at some point, which at that time I will get my BTC back.

Thnx! Clear answer. I look futher into it.

ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:16:11 PM

Criptoe is a NOMP based pool and HCM is a MPOS based pool.  Both have their advantages and disadvantages.  I have run both types of pools, as well as their predecessor mmcFE, over the last year+.  To put it in the simplest terms:

NOMP is more secure, but less informative.  It's basically a park your miner and walk away system.  You aren't getting all the bells and whistles charts and darts you get with MPOS, but you don't need a login, and your coins are sent immediately after confirming.  No coins sit on the server, and therefor, they can't be lost to attack or op scams(not saying HCM scams, just saying in general).

MPOS is more informative, but more prone to vulnerabilities depending on whether the op knows what their doing.  Stratum and DB vulnerabilities are higher here, but can be mitigated by using NOMP as the backend to the MPOS frontend.  However, you need to have an account in most cases, which are prone to attack, and coin tends to sit on the server unclaimed or unpaid if you don't set up your payout properly.

Both systems work.  It's really up to you to decide what works best for you.  I will never tell people to mine on Criptoe just because I want them to.  I will ask for help with hashrate if we're struggling, but I will never tell people they should or shouldn't mine with us.

It's your rig, your money, your time... do what makes you the most coin.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Jero

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 07:19:24 PM

Criptoe is a NOMP based pool and HCM is a MPOS based pool.  Both have their advantages and disadvantages.  I have run both types of pools, as well as their predecessor mmcFE, over the last year+.  To put it in the simplest terms:

NOMP is more secure, but less informative.  It's basically a park your miner and walk away system.  You aren't getting all the bells and whistles charts and darts you get with MPOS, but you don't need a login, and your coins are sent immediately after confirming.  No coins sit on the server, and therefor, they can't be lost to attack or op scams(not saying HCM scams, just saying in general).

MPOS is more informative, but more prone to vulnerabilities depending on whether the op knows what their doing.  Stratum and DB vulnerabilities are higher here, but can be mitigated by using NOMP as the backend to the MPOS frontend.  However, you need to have an account in most cases, which are prone to attack, and coin tends to sit on the server unclaimed or unpaid if you don't set up your payout properly.

Both systems work.  It's really up to you to decide what works best for you.  I will never tell people to mine on Criptoe just because I want them to.  I will ask for help with hashrate if we're struggling, but I will never tell people they should or shouldn't mine with us.

It's your rig, your money, your time... do what makes you the most coin.

-Fuse

Great! My respect you have  Cool

thsminer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:39:12 PM

phase1
- identify the cause of the swings more than 3 and 1/3
It is limited to 3 and 1/3 diff change. But the new diff is calculated from the average diff over the previous 24 blocks. So you can't compare the diff to the previous block as displayed in the list. Please see https://github.com/nlgcoin/guldencoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1286 and line 1299 and lines 1303-1306.

- work out a solution for point 1 first
We could change it so the diff is calculated only from the diff of the previous block.. Then the diff change between individual blocks could never exceed 3x or 0.33x. But that also means the diff can go x3^3 (x27 !!!) when there are 3 lucky/fast blocks. I don't think that is a smart thing to do.
- if the fix for point 1 is outside DGW code see if DGW is acting as expected in the first place
I don't think point 1 needs to be fixed. I'm not aware of any code influencing the difficulty outside DGW. DGW is acting as it should (as it is doing in other coins), but simply can't handle these hash/sec spikes.
I would love to see some input or simulation why this happens. Till now I'm not able to pinpoint the large swings we encounter. Your right it could be the large hash swings but why does NLG have more problems with that? So the more people look at the code from start to end and posibly come with a detailed reason the better. 

phase 2
- identify the problem and descibe it properly (yeah I know it's jumppool, but whats really the undelying thing that causes the trouble)
You're right. It is good to have a verbose explanation with some examples. As long as we keep in mind that diff readjustment should work for more problems than only this one.
- work out a modification of the algo by testing it on past hashrate swings and see if it smoothens out those.
Testing is very important. We shouldn't release a new algo too fast. Placing a new algo on the existing chain doesn't give a proper indication though, as it does not influence block times and doesn't change multipool behaviour. It would be better so simulate several cases of hashrate joins/leaves. I have done this before with DGW3, but never the amounts that we currently see. This time we must simulate extreme hashrates, even multiple times more than we currently see with clevermining. I plan to release the software I used for simulations, just needs some polishing and persistency of scenario's (currently the user must enter the block times manually, each time). That way everyone can apply and test changes locally.
- test the modification thorough for vulnerabilities and flaws
Very important! I think 24Kilo can be of great help here
- implement it
This time deployment will be very smooth. We can release a new algo one week in advance with a hardcoded block on which all nodes switch algo.
That's great because this means you can also first modify DGW to act and at a later stage release a permanent - how permanent is a fix in crypto... - fix.  

I really like the weighted average idea's that are being discussed here. I had the idea of weighted average in my mind, but I didn't have it worked out yet. It's great to see the discussion here, please keep it going! It is definitely influencing the code I'm writing.

Please understand that when I release the code I have so far: it's not a final version. We do this together. It will be our algorithm; created by the Guldencoin community. So the code is open for feedback and changes. This is the only way that we can fix this problem. We all have great idea's and knowledge. When we keep combining our efforts we will create the best possible algorithm.

You're very right here

0btc

Activity: 252

0x0a.nl operator

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 08:02:27 PM

I would like to suggest people to not add more hashing power to guldenpool, because it approaches the 50%. Criptoe is a nice alternative.

Indeed, http://guldenpool.nl:27100 is pretty much maxed out at this point. As I told a certain friendly member of club1680, I do have another node setup at http://node2.guldenpool.nl:27100, but AFAIK it would still be feasible to perform a >50% attack as long as I have control of both daemons. If anyone wants to set up another p2pool node, I'll gladly help out!

p2p.0x0a.nl for all your Cryptographic Anomaly, Cypherfunks, FryCoin, GameCredits, Gulden, PenguinCoin, and TittieCoin p2pool nodes! Err.. I mean needs! .. Both.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 08:49:33 PM

Indeed, http://guldenpool.nl:27100 is pretty much maxed out at this point. As I told a certain friendly member of club1680, I do have another node setup at http://node2.guldenpool.nl:27100, but AFAIK it would still be feasible to perform a >50% attack as long as I have control of both daemons. If anyone wants to set up another p2pool node, I'll gladly help out!

Maybe a friendly 1680 member can setup a pool.club1680.com?  Wink

strataghyst

Activity: 393

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:55:16 PM

phase1
- identify the cause of the swings more than 3 and 1/3
It is limited to 3 and 1/3 diff change. But the new diff is calculated from the average diff over the previous 24 blocks. So you can't compare the diff to the previous block as displayed in the list. Please see https://github.com/nlgcoin/guldencoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1286 and line 1299 and lines 1303-1306.

- work out a solution for point 1 first
We could change it so the diff is calculated only from the diff of the previous block.. Then the diff change between individual blocks could never exceed 3x or 0.33x. But that also means the diff can go x3^3 (x27 !!!) when there are 3 lucky/fast blocks. I don't think that is a smart thing to do.
- if the fix for point 1 is outside DGW code see if DGW is acting as expected in the first place
I don't think point 1 needs to be fixed. I'm not aware of any code influencing the difficulty outside DGW. DGW is acting as it should (as it is doing in other coins), but simply can't handle these hash/sec spikes.
I would love to see some input or simulation why this happens. Till now I'm not able to pinpoint the large swings we encounter. Your right it could be the large hash swings but why does NLG have more problems with that? So the more people look at the code from start to end and posibly come with a detailed reason the better. 

Why did KGW went haywire at the first launch off the coin is that already know? As thsminer said maybe this gives a direction where to look?

BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:58:15 PM

Funny, bittrex rate shoots over 450 sat and clevermining kicks back in.
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:07:11 PM

This is why I thought it would work if we let the price fall to 400 with more dedicated miners until the algo changes have been made. I know we can't manipulate the markets but I am glad the price is low for stability at the moment.

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 09:13:59 PM

This is why I thought it would work if we let the price fall to 400 with more dedicated miners until the algo changes have been made. I know we can't manipulate the markets but I am glad the price is low for stability at the moment.

+1, I'm even careful with buying orders so price doesn't rise too much... Although it's still hard keeping away from the candy store  Grin

But lets face it, The price is not that important at the moment. I'm in longterm. Knowing what is to come, I think even Clevermining would stop dumping right now, but I don't think they can afford that yet...

ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:21:21 PM

+1, I'm even careful with buying orders so price doesn't rise too much... Although it's still hard keeping away from the candy store  Grin

But lets face it, The price is not that important at the moment. I'm in longterm. Knowing what is to come, I think even Clevermining would stop dumping right now, but I don't think they can afford that yet...

Imagine what would happen if Clever didn't have the coins to dump.

It's not just the difficulty swings.....

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:41:03 AM

Best pool, anyone?

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
strataghyst

Activity: 393

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:46:44 AM

Best pool, anyone?

Hardcoreminers, guldenpool and criptoe are all good pools but to spread the hashes it's better to use criptoe or hardcore miners.
Wildwest

Activity: 1701
Merit: 315

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:28:30 AM

I am smiling inside seeing how much everyone is caring about the success of Guldencoin. What makes this one so different is that a lot of people are buying this to use and not just to make btc out of. Sure there is some people that are, but 99% of the alts that is all they are made for, getting as much btc out of suckers as possible. Guldencoin has a REAL following.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:37:27 AM

Others getting SSL errors when connecting to the guldencoin forum?
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: