Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:12:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 [496] 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893544 times)
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 07:59:27 PM

next week i will buy 1m nlg

Wish I had the money to do the same. Good luck, hope you will buy at a descent rate  Wink

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
Jero

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 08:01:24 PM

So with decrease in supply what will premine end up being? 15% of all coins? 20%? And still no concrete or even general plans on how they (premine coins) will be distributed?

Well, in the long run it will move towards 0% (no halving of the block rewards any more, so infinite NLG). From what I get with this discussion is that game rules will be changed contentiously and there are no guarantees for the future. NLG will also be worth less over time.

Perhaps you should read what was proposed again, the above is not what was proposed.

Essentially:
1) Instead of a large upfront reward that halves periodically there will be a constant reward that continues for a long period of time
2) The total eventual number of coins will remain the same.
i.e. When the total number of coins is reached the reward will still drop to 0, it will just do this without repeated halving that create market panic and other problems but instead in a constant more natural fashion, that allows coins to be better distributed instead of all accumulating to early adopters.

Yes, this way new minted coins will be added to the total available amount and create an ever decreasing inflation. Great stuff!

Fedoracoins

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 08:09:36 PM

Wish I had the money to do the same. Good luck, hope you will buy at a descent rate  Wink

i made a lot of money from 2 altcoin's

ik heb wat vragen over de pos/pow die gaat komen zal die morgen even aan jullie vragen mijn engels is er te minder voor sorry
Jero

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 08:12:09 PM

Wish I had the money to do the same. Good luck, hope you will buy at a descent rate  Wink

I guess.... Fedoracoin and Litecoin?

Jero

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 08:13:32 PM

ik heb wat vragen over de pos/pow die gaat komen zal die morgen even aan jullie vragen mijn engels is er te minder voor sorry

check! See you at one of the two forums 2morrow ;-)

Fedoracoins

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 08:14:17 PM

fedoracoin and ripple
Jero

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 08:15:54 PM

fedoracoin and ripple

Nice.. Congratz! Hope Guldencoin will be the 3rd for you  Cool

BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 08:19:56 PM

So with decrease in supply what will premine end up being? 15% of all coins? 20%? And still no concrete or even general plans on how they (premine coins) will be distributed?

Well, in the long run it will move towards 0% (no halving of the block rewards any more, so infinite NLG). From what I get with this discussion is that game rules will be changed contentiously and there are no guarantees for the future. NLG will also be worth less over time.

Perhaps you should read what was proposed again, the above is not what was proposed.

Essentially:
1) Instead of a large upfront reward that halves periodically there will be a constant reward that continues for a long period of time
2) The total eventual number of coins will remain the same.
i.e. When the total number of coins is reached the reward will still drop to 0, it will just do this without repeated halving that create market panic and other problems but instead in a constant more natural fashion, that allows coins to be better distributed instead of all accumulating to early adopters.

Thank you MaNI for clearing that up. The whole "no block reward halving" situation was not clear to me (I just heard about it yesterday as it was for me not clearly mentioned in the initial text I read about the change) and I assumed there was no end point set. I personally still think this is not the way to go, the easiness in which people accept changes to coin characteristics worries me.
Jero

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 08:21:55 PM

Happy I waited with my buys after all. Will purchase around 900 level again.

I warned people the rise of the coin was not healthy but people got caught up in the moment. Up to 600 sat was real demand for the coin... that was already 900% increase from when the rise started at 70 Sat odd.
Going to 1907 was overkill and PnDs got involved.

The coin is GOING TO GO BELOW 800 again, so wait until around 650 level before buying in. That is the best price for guldencoin right now!

EDIT: I still think the guldencoin will go over 5000 next year but not now. So if you bought in at 1900 just hold and you will still be smiling.

Just sold all my coins. Wait for the lower levels...

wow! I don't have the nerves to do something like that.  good luck!  let us know how it works out for you.

As promised I let you guys know how it worked out for me. Well... just fine thank you.

But now it's time TO BUY BACK AGAIN!!!

investeerder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 08:22:47 PM

Coins using the same formula as bitcoin have shown not to be a success.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 08:24:27 PM

Define "success" and which formula?
investeerder

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 08:28:32 PM

Success is many users adopting the coin. This does not happen from halving.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 08:35:48 PM

Nobody using Bitcoin, Litecoin, DOGE... I guess
MaNI

Activity: 275

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 08:37:45 PM

I personally still think this is not the way to go, the easiness in which people accept changes to coin characteristics worries me.

Not trying to change your mind on this, I accept that not everyone is going to be comfortable with the changes and you are of course entitled to your viewpoints/feelings.

However just thought I would point out that this change is only being proposed because it is something we feel is very important to do right now, and because most of the people we have asked have agreed (and not because of the current price as some are saying but more for long term distribution and stability benefits)
It is not something that we would do on a whimsy, this has been an ongoing discussion internally for ages before we decided it was right, so this doesn't mean that now suddenly we will be wanting to change the amount of coins every few weeks.
Further ultimately the coin is open source, so if anyone ever goes completely crazy and does start making random changes that the entire community disagrees with then the community can always just stand up and fork the coin - so I don't think there is a massive danger of this setting some precedent or other, I am not a massive fan of changing things like this either, however sometimes changes are necessary no matter how scary on unnerving they can be.
Wildwest

Activity: 1782
Merit: 318

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 08:49:11 PM

Bitcoin -- First
Litecoin -- Claim to fame being first ASIC resistant coin and first alt. Value is being first alt as it turns out not ASIC resistant.
Doge -- Right time, right place, right meme themed coin.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Fedoracoins

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:01:29 PM

Bitcoin -- First
Litecoin -- Claim to fame being first ASIC resistant coin and first alt. Value is being first alt as it turns out not ASIC resistant.
Doge -- Right time, right place, right meme themed coin.

dogecoin strong coin, about 10 year skyhigh
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:32:52 PM

I personally still think this is not the way to go, the easiness in which people accept changes to coin characteristics worries me.

Not trying to change your mind on this, I accept that not everyone is going to be comfortable with the changes and you are of course entitled to your viewpoints/feelings.

However just thought I would point out that this change is only being proposed because it is something we feel is very important to do right now, and because most of the people we have asked have agreed (and not because of the current price as some are saying but more for long term distribution and stability benefits)
It is not something that we would do on a whimsy, this has been an ongoing discussion internally for ages before we decided it was right, so this doesn't mean that now suddenly we will be wanting to change the amount of coins every few weeks.
Further ultimately the coin is open source, so if anyone ever goes completely crazy and does start making random changes that the entire community disagrees with then the community can always just stand up and fork the coin - so I don't think there is a massive danger of this setting some precedent or other, I am not a massive fan of changing things like this either, however sometimes changes are necessary no matter how scary on unnerving they can be.

Fair enough. I've apologized to Jero for my comment earlier and I'm going to take a time-out for a few days to calm myself regarding the discussion earlier.
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 07:13:49 AM

Really who gives a fuck what the crypto community think if they really wanted guldencoin wouldn't they be invested in it already. No they clearly coming here because they feel threatened by this change.

True, they would be with guldencoin already but everyone thinks their coins is the one. When everyone knows deep down this is the one!
Litesire

Activity: 458

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:41:22 PM

Fair enough. I've apologized to Jero for my comment earlier and I'm going to take a time-out for a few days to calm myself regarding the discussion earlier.

I will say this, I am 100% behind biomike when it comes to preventing pumps. I would like to ask the community that this change does not get mentioned all over btctalk, chat rooms, twitter, facebook etc unless it's the official guldencoin medium. Let the price rise gracefully after the change because of real demand or it will be a rough ride for the next month or two. It will be really good to have a price of 300 as we change over but I do expect a false pump so be careful.

pijpenstelen

Activity: 407

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:21:47 PM

So after this change if the coins price goes to 1 cent it will only need +-500 usd daily to support this price ? At 10 cents 5000 usd a day. I think this will be possible with the amount of attention cryptos are getting again ?

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
Pages: « 1 ... 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 [496] 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: