Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:22:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 [505] 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893540 times)
Litesire

Activity: 458
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:10:25 AM

We about half a month away from when guldencoin experienced it's first major pump.

At the end of July last year the price of guldencoin had been trading below 100 for 90% of the time. Those who invested at the early stages have seen a 300% return on investment with rapid growing supply. You can argue the coin has had a very successful year. Those that invested during the pump phase are not as lucky but that was a short lived pump phase. You can view the price graph(Timeline) on bittrex for a good history on price fluctuations.

Next July I expect prices to be at 700-900 provided development continues at the same pace and the reduction in rewards is a reality. It's a no brainer for long term investors to be buying up coins between 250 and 350 during this cycle.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 12:45:42 PM

We about half a month away from when guldencoin experienced it's first major pump.

At the end of July last year the price of guldencoin had been trading below 100 for 90% of the time. Those who invested at the early stages have seen a 300% return on investment with rapid growing supply. You can argue the coin has had a very successful year. Those that invested during the pump phase are not as lucky but that was a short lived pump phase. You can view the price graph(Timeline) on bittrex for a good history on price fluctuations.

This is why we don't need changes in block reward or halving. Current price is very stable and IMHO reflects its real value. This price level can be supported easily for the next few years without major problems.

Next July I expect prices to be at 700-900 provided development continues at the same pace and the reduction in rewards is a reality. It's a no brainer for long term investors to be buying up coins between 250 and 350 during this cycle.

Got proof for those claims? You can't just extrapolate prices. We need investors that help build the coin, not speculators that want to rip value out of NLG. Only then a higher price is justified.
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 01:20:17 PM

Current price is very stable and IMHO reflects its real value. This price level can be supported easily for the next few years without major problems.

Not this discussion again hopefully. Back then there was way little supply then today and no selling pressure at all.

Now: Too much new coins on the market every day and continuous selling pressure.
Biomike, price is steady now, because people buying again, waiting for the blockreward change.

Blockreward change will adopt many new investors as well. Those investors will be users as well, when development goes on the way it does. Win-win for all involved and also new users can buy in still for reasonable prices.

BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 01:24:46 PM

Current price is very stable and IMHO reflects its real value. This price level can be supported easily for the next few years without major problems.

Not this discussion again hopefully. Back then there was way little supply then today and no selling pressure at all.

So we forgot about Clevermining already? Supply was more or less the same (this was before DIGI).
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 01:33:13 PM

So we forgot about Clevermining already? Supply was more or less the same (this was before DIGI).

With the big pump past year selling pressure at 1000 sat was only about 4 btc or something like that, while price was at about 90 sat. Now selling pressure is way higher. Point is that the orderbooks show too much sellpressure now against the buying power, that is no good and will be worsening if nothing is done.

Rijk explained it very well, with good arguments.
Wildwest

Activity: 1702
Merit: 315

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 01:50:13 PM

With the big pump past year selling pressure at 1000 sat was only about 4 btc or something like that, while price was at about 90 sat. Now selling pressure is way higher. Point is that the orderbooks show too much sellpressure now against the buying power, that is no good and will be worsening if nothing is done.

Not to mention if btc price goes back over 1k USD, what do people think will happen to high reward coins? They will be trading with LTC as they get pushed under 1 satoshi.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 01:57:58 PM

Not to mention if btc price goes back over 1k USD, what do people think will happen to high reward coins? They will be trading with LTC as they get pushed under 1 satoshi.

Wildwest makes a very good argument that no one else has mentioned?
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:03:33 PM

Good to see most voted in favor  Smiley

https://community.guldencoin.com/t/belangrijk-guldencoin-100-switching-gears/1126
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:11:07 PM

I presume back then there were a lot of investors who wanted to build up a stash, since most early investors (such as myself) already have plenty of coins it's not realistic to expect the same kind of demand in the current market situation.

Nope, only 2 people (me and someone else) that bought all the dumped coins then. Now other people are buying most of the dumped coins.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:18:03 PM

Price vs. value... I keep pointing this out... we can pump the price all we want, but value is what we need to build (for IRL usage). This is why we are at 300 sat.

But, as people don't want this discussion any more.... I made my points clear. I'll stop the discussion.
Wildwest

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:18:18 PM

I presume back then there were a lot of investors who wanted to build up a stash, since most early investors (such as myself) already have plenty of coins it's not realistic to expect the same kind of demand in the current market situation.

Nope, only 2 people (me and someone else) that bought all the dumped coins then. Now other people are buying most of the dumped coins.

hmm okay that's a good sign, but lately I think many of those people are anticipating the lower supply...

At what block is the supply going to be reduced, was this discussed anywhere?

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:29:04 PM

At what block is the supply going to be reduced, was this discussed anywhere?

I thought with the next wallet release. Waterloo meantioned around block 250000 or so, somewhere. Think it is not exactly given yet, which block it will be. Comes with the wallet change.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:30:32 PM

Price vs. value... I keep pointing this out... we can pump the price all we want, but value is what we need to build (for IRL usage). This is why we are at 300 sat.

But, as people don't want this discussion any more.... I made my points clear. I'll stop the discussion.

I don't mind discussing it. I know your involved with AUR, why is AUR higher then guldencoin on coinmarketcap in your opinion?
Wildwest

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:34:59 PM

I don't mind discussing it. I know your involved with AUR, why is AUR higher then guldencoin on coinmarketcap in your opinion?

AUR has much lower rewards and supply so it requires a lot less people to have a higher value and keep the economy going.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:51:46 PM

reduce supply, get more users, get more use and everyone wins.

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:05:48 PM

For new visitors, repost:

Add-on for Mozilla Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/nocks-nimble/
Add-on for Google Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nocks-nimble/kpgdkkdpfcgpfkooaejaogabppdmpple

Today we present our browser extension Nocks Nimble.

Nocks Nimble integrates Nocks into your browser. Nimble automatically recognizes Guldencoin and Bitcoin addresses so sending a payment is only a few clicks away.

In this video we show you how to install the browser extension and we give you two examples on how you can use Nimble.

Go to https://nocks.nl/nimble

Add-on for Mozilla Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/nocks-nimble/

Add-on for Google Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nocks-nimble/kpgdkkdpfcgpfkooaejaogabppdmpple
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just ordered online a calzone pizza with Guldencoin at dutch takeaway.com (Thuisbezorgd.nl) with Guldencoin browser add-on Nimble  Smiley So easy  now Cool

(You can do it also with this browserplugin worldwide where Guldencoin and/or Bitcoin is accepted)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
If some want to promote Guldencoin: I did it in altcoin discussion this way: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=727004.msg11995276#msg11995276

I think we can use some promotion on bitcointalk on this very good development of Guldencoin.
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:19:28 PM

Development update:

Just to confirm the block reduction will take place at block 250k, the last block with a reward will be block 12850000 and block 12850001 will be zero rewards and rely totally on fees from that point onwards. This equates to 1.68 billion coins after roughly 60+ years.

The code base changes are complete with just the design work outstanding. We have to redo the designs for the entire wallet which Rijk is working on. We hoping to release the new wallets first week in August with the 0.10 and most of 0.11 changes in it.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:53:21 PM

AUR has much lower rewards and supply so it requires a lot less people to have a higher value and keep the economy going.

AUR has currently hardly an economy. Current price is based on speculation/hodling. With low supply it is easy to pump/keep price high. The high price doesn't reflex its value. While it doesn't need more coins for what we want to do with it (use in Iceland), a bit more AUR would be a luxury. Marketcap isn't also a holy value... it hardly means anything in the crypto world (due to speculation), yet people focus too much on it.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:57:19 PM

Development update:

Just to confirm the block reduction will take place at block 250k, the last block with a reward will be block 12850000 and block 12850001 will be zero rewards and rely totally on fees from that point onwards. This equates to 1.68 billion coins after roughly 60+ years.

So, total amount of coins will stay the same? Thank you for that.
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:13:20 PM

Development update:

So, total amount of coins will stay the same? Thank you for that.

Blockreduction from 1000 to 100 NLG at block 250000 and same total amount in the end. I think it is a very good choice  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 [505] 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: