Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:19:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LightningAsic Gridseed Controller Firmware V3  (Read 50864 times)
sandor111 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 08:37:13 PM

just a quick question
is the auto overclocking feature a part of the "firmware" or is it part of the miner software thats part of the frimware -cpuminer is it? and if its the miner ie cpuminer/cgiminer (whichever one it is) can we run that as a standlone or does it need the firmware to run?

Part of cpuminer, the link to github sources is somewhere in this thread.

Btw, can you post a screen with the web interface fully visible?
thanks yeah i seen the link  and refound it. So in theory i could use openwrt on the tp link and complie cpuminer to run on it?
only i wouldnt have the nice graphical user interface?.

did post one of the miner log as its empty nothing :
ie : Tailing file: /tmp/log/ltc.log | Grep keyword: "" | Inverted: false
and thats it nothign beloew that line.

Yes you could.

Seems like the miner process is constantly killing itself. Make sure that a single worker name and password is correctly filled in.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
poopypants

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:17:05 PM

Quick, someone port this over to rPi!

Have ported V1 LightningAsic wiibox to PI (works quite well!) does anyone know how i can access v3 703n they seem to have removed all ways of telnet, SSH and even removed serial console access!

Damn it, I was just going to put it into failsafe mode to telnet and allow root access and ssh among other upgrades I want to play with.  I have sent a PM to Asiabtc inquiring and politely demanding root access.  I really would like to turn wifi back on and update the code to allow different worker names with the pools.

Sandor111, I have gone through the github source you posted but can not see any code referring to the autoclocking and other features that I would love to understand more.  I take it that that is just the stock cpuminer source that gridseed released two months ago?   

Einsteinium: http://einsteinium.org/    Helping advance Science

SilkCoin: BCZFuLUX2XfGF4W5cRK3efcg6U5Pv1tuaj
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:09:08 PM

If I update the wiibox controller to this can it be reverted back? Does the wiibox controller use cpuminer for scrypt?

sandor111 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 12:00:57 AM

If I update the wiibox controller to this can it be reverted back? Does the wiibox controller use cpuminer for scrypt?
If you have a backup OpenWrt image for the Wiibox, I can upload that so it can be reverted.
I'm not sure about Wiibox controller, but I think it uses the standard cpuminer from Gridseed, without any speed/memory optimizations or mods.

ATM I'm working on a minimal JSON API for cpuminer, this will allow you to check the stats of your Gridseed miners without accessing the web interface.

asiabtc
Legendary

Activity: 986

Crypto Currency , Mining, Exchange ATM, Wallet!

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 10:39:21 AM

welcome to visit my web store: www.lightningasic.com
more easy to place order and track the goods.
first 10 order can get more 5% discount.
thanks.
yours LIGHTNINGASIC Team.

www.lightningasic.com. ASIC GPU矿机,ATM, 硬件钱包,挖矿。ALTCOIN,BTC,LTC,Dogecoin research, Producing BTC LTC Dogecoin Mining Machine, Exchange market policy study.Skype:  altcoin Twitter: @realSatoshi_ii Co-Founder of LIGHTNINGASIC 关注微博: @比特币矿机 TWITTER: @realSatoshi_ii, 获得最新资讯。
andre1980

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:57:47 AM

Would be great if someone figures out a way to upgrade or downgrade (to V1/V2) with units that have the failed to unpack message, without having to mod them.
Especially, since i don't own a computer with a com/serial port and my soldering skils are so so..

I have 3 units, 2 original that are stuck on the first V3, and one replacement from Jack (received 2, but one of them burned out about an hour after connecting the USB hub to it.. It doesn't bootup, dispay anything.. Dead.)

While i have trouble getting it to receive a constant speed on Wafflepool (300-2,6MH/s for 10 units), i'd like to experiment a bit.. Have an extra 10 units to test, while my main are connected to a PC (getting 3MH/s+ constant)

Xer0

Activity: 826

°^°

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:47:18 PM

my unit is hashing with 404kHs says the Miner-Logs tab,
but is not submitting shares.
Pool shows Hashrate, but 0 Shares submitted too...
sandor111 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 04:02:27 PM

Try a cold reboot, all USB power off.

Xer0

°^°

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 06:25:24 PM

Try a cold reboot, all USB power off.
nope, still nothing
poopypants

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:37:14 PM

Wanted to make my PM to Asiabtc and his answer public

-Pm sent by me
Quote from: poopypants on April 14, 2014, 09:12:50 PM
Please... Please give us root access to the controller.  You could be receiving free coding by opening this up, its very frustrating that you insist the firmware be closed source.  Sandor111 even agrees that the software should be open.  Sandor111 has done a fantastic job with the new firmware but there is still holes that need to be filled, IE: worker names ( not all the pools I mine on have the same worker name for security reasons) but with V3 I have to make all three pools worker names the same.  Also wifi, some of us have modded the controllers memory fron 4mb to higher and have the space to add wifi back but cannot. 

I reiterate please for your customers open the firmware up, it is built on top of open source software and is only right to give us root access to the controller.

Thanks for your time and hard work,
Please take what I, and alot of other people agree with into consideration.  The code could be upgraded by the hundreds of us who would like to approve upon it.  We need root access!

-reply from Asiabtc
hi,
we cannot open root access now. only controller can protect us. many people they steal our code. and Gridseed dont want to pay us for the coding.
thanks.
Jack.

Einsteinium: http://einsteinium.org/    Helping advance Science

SilkCoin: BCZFuLUX2XfGF4W5cRK3efcg6U5Pv1tuaj
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:57:14 PM

anyone have any luck setting up a tftp server? For some reason everytime i set one up either in windows or mac, it just will not for the life of it connect!

fustrating!
amix

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:59:02 PM

just a quick question
is the auto overclocking feature a part of the "firmware" or is it part of the miner software thats part of the frimware -cpuminer is it? and if its the miner ie cpuminer/cgiminer (whichever one it is) can we run that as a standlone or does it need the firmware to run?

thanks yeah i seen the link  and refound it. So in theory i could use openwrt on the tp link and complie cpuminer to run on it?

screenshot :

I sorted it. it appears you have to fill in THREE DIFFERENT pool Url. Whcih makes no sense as you only providing one worker name, each pool has a different worker name and password.
sandor111 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 08:45:04 PM

just a quick question

thanks yeah i seen the link  and refound it. So in theory i could use openwrt on the tp link and complie cpuminer to run on it?

I sorted it. it appears you have to fill in THREE DIFFERENT pool Url. Whcih makes no sense as you only providing one worker name, each pool has a different worker name and password.

Not really. One pool is enough, however it will cycle through the pool URLs if it can't connect to one.

anyone have any luck setting up a tftp server? For some reason everytime i set one up either in windows or mac, it just will not for the life of it connect!

fustrating!

Try http://tftpd32.jounin.net/, works really well.
Make sure you set the IP of the network connection on your PC to 192.168.1.100 or it will not transfer to the Tp-link.

chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:27:11 PM

Make sure you set the IP of the network connection on your PC to 192.168.1.100 or it will not transfer to the Tp-link.

So set the host computer to 192.168.1.100?? same as the ip address of the TPlink? Because by default thats the ip for the tplink

christian1980

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:38:42 PM

I have a question:

The original wiibox system is able to cut the power of the gridseeds by a relay connected to the gpio ports.
Can you integrate this hard reset by relay into Lightningasic, too?

I think they are using this script (gpio_0.sh):
Code:
# opkg install kmod-input-gpio-keys-polled
#/bin/bash
let "i=0"
if [ ! -d /sys/class/gpio/gpio$i ]; then #init gpio
 echo $i > /sys/class/gpio/export
fi

echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio$i/direction  #set gpio as output
echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio$i/value #set gpio as 0

while :
do
     echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio$i/value #all zero
     sleep 2
     echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio$i/value #gpio on
     sleep 2
done

Thanks.
Christian
sandor111 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 09:41:03 PM

So set the host computer to 192.168.1.100?? same as the ip address of the TPlink? Because by default thats the ip for the tplink

Yes, the Tp-link IP should change to something like 192.168.1.111 when connected.

I have a question:

The original wiibox system is able to cut the power of the gridseeds by a relay connected to the gpio ports.
Can you integrate this hard reset by relay into Lightningasic, too?

I think they are using this script (gpio_0.sh):

Thanks.
Christian

We already have this feature implemented.

Xer0

°^°

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:40:13 AM

if you need the 12V Line disconnected too, power a 5V relay from the USB +VCC
christian1980

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:02:11 AM

If you have a backup OpenWrt image for the Wiibox, I can upload that so it can be reverted.
I'm not sure about Wiibox controller, but I think it uses the standard cpuminer from Gridseed, without any speed/memory optimizations or mods.

ATM I'm working on a minimal JSON API for cpuminer, this will allow you to check the stats of your Gridseed miners without accessing the web interface.

You can try to import this backup to a wiibox. No warranty that it works.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwCcP0dos0HKRFpsSXFNQ3VHRTg&usp=sharing
Xell

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:28:56 AM

Wanted to make my PM to Asiabtc and his answer public

-Pm sent by me
Quote from: poopypants on April 14, 2014, 09:12:50 PM
Please... Please give us root access to the controller.  You could be receiving free coding by opening this up, its very frustrating that you insist the firmware be closed source.  Sandor111 even agrees that the software should be open.  Sandor111 has done a fantastic job with the new firmware but there is still holes that need to be filled, IE: worker names ( not all the pools I mine on have the same worker name for security reasons) but with V3 I have to make all three pools worker names the same.  Also wifi, some of us have modded the controllers memory fron 4mb to higher and have the space to add wifi back but cannot.  

I reiterate please for your customers open the firmware up, it is built on top of open source software and is only right to give us root access to the controller.

Thanks for your time and hard work,
Please take what I, and alot of other people agree with into consideration.  The code could be upgraded by the hundreds of us who would like to approve upon it.  We need root access!

-reply from Asiabtc
hi,
we cannot open root access now. only controller can protect us. many people they steal our code. and Gridseed dont want to pay us for the coding.
thanks.
Jack.

It is beyond my comprehension that users are willing to run hardware on their local network knowing someone else (unknown) has root access to the device. Especially inside the world of digital currencies. Why risk it? Use rasp pi and feel safe in the knowledge that you are in control. The modified mining software used in this binary is on github.

┈┈┈┈┈ TYCOON ┈┈┈┈┈
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
christian1980

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:27:45 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2014, 10:04:06 AM by christian1980

It is beyond my comprehension that users are willing to run hardware on their local network knowing someone else (unknown) has root access to the device. Especially inside the world of digital currencies. Why risk it? Use rasp pi and feel safe in the knowledge that you are in control. The modified mining software used in this binary is on github.

Maybe someone can try to change the root pw, activate ssh and create a new backup by a ttl adapter:
http://forums.openpilot.org/blog/52/entry-92-unbrick-wr703n-wifi-router/
http://zerolab.net/2013/04/30/tp-link-tl-wr703r-unbrick/
I dont like a closed system in my network too, i totally agree to Xell.
Its a good work, but we must be able to check what it is doing else. Sorry Sandor.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: