Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:51:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LightningAsic Gridseed Controller Firmware V3  (Read 50864 times)
mazedk

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:55:46 AM

So i got a new TP-Link WR703N in the mail and tried to figure out how to flash it with the LA firmware..

Its ended up with the unit flashing for around 12 secs, then having the LED off for 4-5 secs and finishing having the blue LED on constantly after.

Anyone have any ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
li_gangyi

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:11:01 AM

That sounds like almost normal bootup sequence. Anything when you enter the IP address into your browser?
leoragraves666

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:28:08 AM

So i got a new TP-Link WR703N in the mail and tried to figure out how to flash it with the LA firmware..

Its ended up with the unit flashing for around 12 secs, then having the LED off for 4-5 secs and finishing having the blue LED on constantly after.

Anyone have any ideas?

So far perfectly normal. What happens after that?

PC & Mac repairs
gbyg

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:46:24 AM

It is beyond my comprehension that users are willing to run hardware on their local network knowing someone else (unknown) has root access to the device. Especially inside the world of digital currencies. Why risk it? Use rasp pi and feel safe in the knowledge that you are in control. The modified mining software used in this binary is on github.

Maybe someone can try to change the root pw, activate ssh and create a new backup by a ttl adapter:
http://forums.openpilot.org/blog/52/entry-92-unbrick-wr703n-wifi-router/
http://zerolab.net/2013/04/30/tp-link-tl-wr703r-unbrick/
I dont like a closed system in my network too, i totally agree to Xell.
Its a good work, but we must be able to check what it is doing else. Sorry Sandor.

Is ssh not active? I gave away my 703n , so can't check.
mazedk

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:57:40 AM

Absolutely nothing happens. It seems like its either not taking DHCP address or giving it out if i put a client in the ethernet port.

I should possibly say that its with the standard tp-link firmware that its having this issue.
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:33:32 PM

Why risk it? Use rasp pi and feel safe in the knowledge that you are in control.
TP Link has many advantages over the Pi:

- can restart your miners, Pi would need a script and relais
- less than half the price (15-25$ WR703N vs 30$ for bulk Pi)
- already with Case, has Wifi and comes with USB cable and Wallwart
- no SD card needed and commandline-tinkering for network setup
- smaller and you dont feel like wasting overkill features like with a Pi

but i wonder, why dont someone just build a LuCI GUI for cgminer and slap it on generic OpenWRT
sandor111 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 01:49:37 PM

It is beyond my comprehension that users are willing to run hardware on their local network knowing someone else (unknown) has root access to the device. Especially inside the world of digital currencies. Why risk it? Use rasp pi and feel safe in the knowledge that you are in control. The modified mining software used in this binary is on github.
No one has root access to the device, stop making things up.  Feel free to run a network sniffer to confirm.

Maybe someone can try to change the root pw, activate ssh and create a new backup by a ttl adapter:
http://forums.openpilot.org/blog/52/entry-92-unbrick-wr703n-wifi-router/
http://zerolab.net/2013/04/30/tp-link-tl-wr703r-unbrick/
I dont like a closed system in my network too, i totally agree to Xell.
Its a good work, but we must be able to check what it is doing else. Sorry Sandor.

SSH is disabled and serial console is disabled.

Absolutely nothing happens. It seems like its either not taking DHCP address or giving it out if i put a client in the ethernet port.

I should possibly say that its with the standard tp-link firmware that its having this issue.
Connect the Tp-link directly to a PC, log in to telnet and change the network configuration.

mazedk

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:11:50 PM

Connect the Tp-link directly to a PC, log in to telnet and change the network configuration.
[/quote]

On which ip? - Neither 192.168.0.1 or .254 works when i assign a static ip to my laptop.
sandor111 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 02:16:42 PM

On which ip? - Neither 192.168.0.1 or .254 works when i assign a static ip to my laptop.
[/quote]

Try 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.100

mazedk

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:25:13 PM

Try 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.100
[/quote]

No luck it seems.

Set my laptop for 192.168.1.64 and neither of the two brings anything to a telnet prompt.
christian1980

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:39:32 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2014, 03:02:06 PM by christian1980

No one has root access to the device, stop making things up.  Feel free to run a network sniffer to confirm.

Unfortunately its like that.
Sandor, this is the same to your network as you give a stranger a key of your house.
Maybe he will use it, maybe not.

I have a ttl adapter but dont have a 703n. Only a wiibox with undocumented pinouts.
So i dont know where to connect it.

If I have time i will maybe try the firmware-mod-kit too to create a ssh access (http://code.google.com/p/firmware-mod-kit/).
But i still hope there will be a official solution soon.
one4many

Activity: 516

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:03:28 PM

Anyone have any ideas?
Hey mazedk,

I had the same problem. It turns out after flashing the first image the WR703N looses it's network settings completely and reverts back to DHCP.
To make it worse needed two or three fresh power-cycles before the web UI came up to flash the 2nd stage firmware.

Hope that helps!

one4many
Xell

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:05:40 PM

No one has root access to the device, stop making things up.  Feel free to run a network sniffer to confirm.

? I didn't say anyone was accessing it, I said someone has access. It has been posted on here that asiabtc has remotely accessed these devices. So he DOES have access. We have no way of knowing who has access without source & root password.

It's an unverified binary. Claim what you like, but we only have your word for it. Who knows what back-doors have been written in. You might do, but we only have your word for it.

┈┈┈┈┈ TYCOON ┈┈┈┈┈
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
sandor111 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 03:13:50 PM

? I didn't say anyone was accessing it, I said someone has access. It has been posted on here that asiabtc has remotely accessed these devices. So he DOES have access. We have no way of knowing who has access without source & root password.

It's an unverified binary. Claim what you like, but we only have your word for it. Who knows what back-doors have been written in. You might do, but we only have your word for it.

That's bullshit, he did not have access, he just knew the SSH password which was there to enable support over Teamviewer. Anyone outside the local network cannot access the controller, just reading what you said already made me a bit dumber. Btw as I said earlier, SSH is disabled now.

christian1980

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:17:26 PM

I totally agree again.
This system needs to be opened go get security.
Youre not opening it because you are hiding something.
Maybe eat your sources if you dont want to share with the community, but we need access to the files.
Xell

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:19:42 PM

That's bullshit, he did not have access, he just knew the SSH password which was there to enable support over Teamviewer. Anyone outside the local network cannot access the controller, just reading what you said already made me a bit dumber. Btw as I said earlier, SSH is disabled now.

It's an UNVERIFIED binary! There CAN be back-doors coded in and no-one would know! How do you think anyone compromises any machines on local networks? Almost all machines are on local networks! I can make a system that is easily compromised and put it on my local network. Then ship the binary without any verification. There is no way for us to know if what you are saying is true.

If your reasoning is that because its on a local network it's secure, then that's just laughable. I literally don't know what to say to you.

┈┈┈┈┈ TYCOON ┈┈┈┈┈
sandor111 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 03:28:43 PM

It's an UNVERIFIED binary! There CAN be back-doors coded in and no-one would know! How do you think anyone compromises any machines on local networks? Almost all machines are on local networks! I can make a system that is easily compromised and put it on my local network. Then ship the binary without any verification. There is no way for us to know if what you are saying is true.

If your reasoning is that because its on a local network it's secure, then that's just laughable. I literally don't know what to say to you.

I never claimed that, I was talking about an outside party trying to access the LightningAsic controller, not the firmware itself being malicious as you are pointing out. Anyway I'm done here, do as you wish.

christian1980

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:16:56 PM

As you can see at sandors reaction:

Be warned to use this system.

This is only for advanced users who know to use a firewall and
how to put this device into a separate network.

I hope the root access will be hacked soon.
Xell

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:33:37 PM

I never claimed that, I was talking about an outside party trying to access the LightningAsic controller, not the firmware itself being malicious as you are pointing out. Anyway I'm done here, do as you wish.

I know you're not at liberty to give root access or open up the project any more than you have, I'm not really ranting at you. Just at the general situation, which I realise is not down to you.

┈┈┈┈┈ TYCOON ┈┈┈┈┈
sandor111 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 05:59:41 PM

As you can see at sandors reaction:

Be warned to use this system.

This is only for advanced users who know to use a firewall and
how to put this device into a separate network.

I hope the root access will be hacked soon.

No hard feelings.

I know you're not at liberty to give root access or open up the project any more than you have, I'm not really ranting at you. Just at the general situation, which I realise is not down to you.

Well I'm all for opening up the sources so people can build the images themselves. As you said, it's not up to me to make that decision. But I'd gladly do it, and as soon as I get the green light I will. Until then you will all have to bear with me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: