Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:35:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT VS NEM  (Read 14343 times)
raymarius

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:05:37 PM

That could happen yes, but is it not possible people will sell half stakes quarter stakes or even a tenth of a stake? 3000 initial stakeholders will lead to a much faster, quicker and wider distribution. And I still feel c will Win  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:07:05 PM

Also, guess what will happen when NEM hits the markets? Many will sell for a quick buck and the price will fall significantly and the big stakeholders will buy up tons of it , creating a slow trend to the distribution of other coins. Or do you guys really think, that this won't happen?

Sadly, it's inevitable. Not that many people have the fortitude to turn down a quick and substantial profit - the bird in the hand that's worth X in the bush. Conversely: if you truly believe in a cyber and you have the wherewithal, what are you going to do? Support the coin by buying more. If you're a true believer, you're doing good by taking the coin out of weaker hands while being guided by faith that you'll do very well in the long term.

And that's why distributions narrow.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:14:54 PM

Everybody is talking about money, market cap and buying and selling.

Crypto 2.0 is about being MORE than a coin. Being a coin BUT more. So, a 2.0 coin will not be successful for being a coin alone.
raymarius

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:16:30 PM

Everybody is talking about money, market cap and buying and selling.

Crypto 2.0 is about being MORE than a coin. Being a coin BUT more. So, a 2.0 coin will not be successful for being a coin alone.

I agree
mjrmac

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:20:09 PM

I wont put numbers.For everyone who cares about distribution, just compare them here.DO IT YOURSELF.

NXT HAS BETTER DISTRIBUTION TODAY THAT ALMOST EVERY OTHER CRYPTO! And counting that for not having yet a userfriendly client,which will soon be ready,a lot of people still have nxt in exchanges,which make distribution look worst.

http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-dogecoin-addresses.html

Your well loved dogecoin.34% of the coins owned by 6 accounts. Much WOW!

####

Also, guess what will happen when NEM hits the markets? Many will sell for a quick buck and the price will fall significantly and the big stakeholders will buy up tons of it , creating a slow trend to the distribution of other coins. Or do you guys really think, that this won't happen?

You say that NEM's case is this:
1. in launch and 1st pump   ............... 3000 NEM owners
2. the 1st dump ................................  1500 NEM owners,  10% of them bought the rest out
3. the 2nd pump
4. the 2nd dump .........  1500 NEM owners,  but 10% of them own 75% of NEM
and so on.

That reminds me about one state which believed in K.Marx. Then there was moved to capitalism. Even they all owned all the wealth together, the result was -and is, that 10% of the people own most of the money, oil, gold.
Why would that happen here also? Why it will happen? Wink

Not even sAying thAt the number of people owning will go down. I just think that the number of NEM each original stakeholder holds will go down. If  it starts with a market cap of 10000 BTC (not unlikely) how many people will not try to cash out 3 BTC per person? That is much money to them!

Rich people or atleast people with wealth, will always find a way to increase their wealth, and people with less money can't because their expenses are higher than their gains.

Sad but true..

I bet within 1 year, the NEM distribution will be exactely like BTCs

mmm... maybe the number  of people owning will not go down, but there has been many saying that they will sell their stake.
U r right: 3 BTC is much money to some - - - and that will start the concentration.

There are people who r not selling but who r not so rich.  they will start suffering from the game of the rich.
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:32:18 PM

There will be alot of sellers when the distribution of NEM happens, but there will be holders to, i will be one of them, than there will be people buying into it that didnt get in at the ipo, i dont expect this coin to be huge value due to the dumpers in the beginning. NXT can manipulate the market keep the value up of there coin anytime they want, less likely with nem due to the coins being spread out more, I for-see the marketing of NEM to be like doge this will help greatly for the value of this coin and get more people to invest in it.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:41:49 PM

I wont put numbers.For everyone who cares about distribution, just compare them here.DO IT YOURSELF.

NXT HAS BETTER DISTRIBUTION TODAY THAT ALMOST EVERY OTHER CRYPTO! And counting that for not having yet a userfriendly client,which will soon be ready,a lot of people still have nxt in exchanges,which make distribution look worst.

http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-dogecoin-addresses.html

Your well loved dogecoin.34% of the coins owned by 6 accounts. Much WOW!

####

You say that NEM's case is this:
1. in launch and 1st pump   ............... 3000 NEM owners
2. the 1st dump ................................  1500 NEM owners,  10% of them bought the rest out
3. the 2nd pump
4. the 2nd dump .........  1500 NEM owners,  but 10% of them own 75% of NEM
and so on.

That reminds me about one state which believed in K.Marx. Then there was moved to capitalism. Even they all owned all the wealth together, the result was -and is, that 10% of the people own most of the money, oil, gold.
Why would that happen here also? Why it will happen? Wink

Not even sAying thAt the number of people owning will go down. I just think that the number of NEM each original stakeholder holds will go down. If  it starts with a market cap of 10000 BTC (not unlikely) how many people will not try to cash out 3 BTC per person? That is much money to them!

Rich people or atleast people with wealth, will always find a way to increase their wealth, and people with less money can't because their expenses are higher than their gains.

Sad but true..

I bet within 1 year, the NEM distribution will be exactely like BTCs

mmm... maybe the number  of people owning will not go down, but there has been many saying that they will sell their stake.
U r right: 3 BTC is much money to some - - - and that will start the concentration.

There are people who r not selling but who r not so rich.  they will start suffering from the game of the rich.

Exactely.

There are also some other components in there. For example there are guys claiming to own up to 90 accounts, and the investigation of the stakeholoders also showed many people that bought in mltiple times. So maybe there aren't even 3000 people to beginn with.

As a stakeholder myself i am hoping for a great start of NEM so i can participate accordingly Wink

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:56:12 PM

One of the problems NEM is going to have is that it's going to be sandwiched in between NXT and Etherium when it launches.

NXT and Etherium are in some ways complimentary in the sense that NXT has "out of the box" features that get up and running quickly whereas Etherium will have a rich "Javascript for Blockchains" type language which will be used for advanced contract based transactions.

By that time, NXT might just have enough traction to carve itself a market presence alongside all the hype and bluster that Etherium will bring. NEM will get launched into the shadow of Etherium - a massivly more advanced technology than anything that has gone before and NXT which will have had nearly a year's worth of smoothing out bugs, gaining brand recognition and capturing new business (hopefully).

I actually don't give a sh*t about the distribution aspect. It's something that people bring up but is getting less relevant all the time. NEM will end up just as badly distributed make no mistake because people with a lot of money who want a lot will buy a lot and others will be only to happy to sell it to them. NXT is actually already spreading out. Have a look at these infographics stats http://nxtcoin.blogspot.com.es/search/label/Infographics

As for big holders cashing out and sending the price "to zero", don't kid yourselves. There isn't a stock in the world that doesn't have big holders. Whether it goes to zero is to do with the viability of the investment, not the size of people's holdings. Big holders already cash out of NXT on a regular basis. They also cash "in". Just last night someone bought 1.5 million NXT in the period of about 2 hours.

Buy what you think is a good technology and stop worrying about what everybody else has. Investments are not a democracy.

hypersire

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:35:29 PM

Buy what you think is a good technology and stop worrying about what everybody else has. Investments are not a democracy.

+1000
pandaisftw

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:48:48 PM

One of the problems NEM is going to have is that it's going to be sandwiched in between NXT and Etherium when it launches.

NXT and Etherium are in some ways complimentary in the sense that NXT has "out of the box" features that get up and running quickly whereas Etherium will have a rich "Javascript for Blockchains" type language which will be used for advanced contract based transactions.

By that time, NXT might just have enough traction to carve itself a market presence alongside all the hype and bluster that Etherium will bring. NEM will get launched into the shadow of Etherium - a massivly more advanced technology than anything that has gone before and NXT which will have had nearly a year's worth of smoothing out bugs, gaining brand recognition and capturing new business (hopefully).

I actually don't give a sh*t about the distribution aspect. It's something that people bring up but is getting less relevant all the time. NEM will end up just as badly distributed make no mistake because people with a lot of money who want a lot will buy a lot and others will be only to happy to sell it to them. NXT is actually already spreading out. Have a look at these infographics stats http://nxtcoin.blogspot.com.es/search/label/Infographics

As for big holders cashing out and sending the price "to zero", don't kid yourselves. There isn't a stock in the world that doesn't have big holders. Whether it goes to zero is to do with the viability of the investment, not the size of people's holdings. Big holders already cash out of NXT on a regular basis. They also cash "in". Just last night someone bought 1.5 million NXT in the period of about 2 hours.

Well said.

NXT: 13095091276527367030
jackedwhite

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:11:47 PM

There will be alot of sellers when the distribution of NEM happens, but there will be holders to, i will be one of them, than there will be people buying into it that didnt get in at the ipo, i dont expect this coin to be huge value due to the dumpers in the beginning. NXT can manipulate the market keep the value up of there coin anytime they want, less likely with nem due to the coins being spread out more, I for-see the marketing of NEM to be like doge this will help greatly for the value of this coin and get more people to invest in it.

+1 Market manipulation is far easier with a narrow distribution.  People like to make excuses that nxt haters are just jealous etc but this is just a fact of how things work.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:23:07 PM

Ethereum is nothing more but a copyrighting coin (journalist coin) like Mastercoin and Max Keiser Coin.  Look up the average Ethereum video and 99% of it is a ramble about politicians / banking, with the odd 1% thrown in detailing how the coin is likely to be a Peercoin clone.

Vitalik Buterin was likely talking out of his proverbial ass when he mentioned creating his own programming language akin to Javascript.  I'm sure a lot of 19 year olds have said they'll be on the moon or drafted into the NHL within the year, but how many succeed with that?  

I don't agree with you at all.

I watched a few of his interviews and read around what he's trying to do. I think his grasp on the technology, economics and philosophy of cryptocurrencies is incredible for his age. He's also made a lot of absolutely astute observations about where the whole technology is going and has a rock solid vision about how it should be shaped.

Just to take one solitary example of the top of my head - it will change the whole definition of an 'alt coin' for a start. Gone will be all the arguments about algos, source code, protecting networks with hashpower and so forth. An alt coin will just simply be a currency definition on the etherium network - protected by the full hashing power of even those nodes that have nothing to do with that alt coin.

I think you need to go back and review whatever appraisal you made that lead to such a clueless remark. Yes, its a big challenge, but it's the right approach.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:38:17 PM

less likely with nem due to the coins being spread out more, I for-see the marketing of NEM to be like doge this will help greatly for the value of this coin and get more people to invest in it

Keep dreaming.

You talk as if the NEM market will exist in isolation just because it's 'well distributed'. For a start, it isn't well distributed. There are 7 billion people in the world and 3000 of them are going to be stakeholders. You've just picked a totally arbitrary number to decide what is "good distribution" and what isn't. These markets are a golfish bowl floating in an Ocean the size of the Atlantic when you place them in a global context. The biggest market cap any of them can hope for in the short term is a few tens of millions which is loose change down the back of the couch to many interested parties that might take the inclination to scoop up half the money supply for their daughter's wedding present.

You don't need to be an "original stakeholder" to be able to manipulate a market. In fact it probably helps if you aren't because then you've got nothing to loose.

Ownership demographics are not what is going to make or break any of these enterprises. Simple supply and demand is - if they supply something that people need then the value will be supported.

When was the last time you went into Starbucks and did a double-take when you got to the cash till..." hey, I've decided I don't want this coffee, the stock in this company is badly distributed which may lead to market manipulation".  Huh
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:44:59 PM

Ethereum is effectively Mastercoin 2.0.  Good short term investment but I see Ethereum dying when it is revealed to be a hyped up $hitcoin.  Of course any small buck you make off Ethereum is going to pale how Vitalin Buterin will walk home with $38 million in the bank

I don't think you've the slightest clue about what you're talking about.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:06:58 AM

4000 is a poor distribution ?

I'm saying we're not handing out chocolates at a party and the people that think this is going to be a major investment criteria (i.e. something that will 'benefit' NEM over NXT) are deluded.

There are millions of companies around the world where the founder retains a 51% share for decades. The dynamics of ownership demographcs can go in both directions, up down and sideways. Have 3000 stakeholders if it makes you feel better. Have 30,000 or 300,000 (like Auroracoin) for all I care. It's not going to matter a jot to investors 2 years down the line any more than it matters to someone who just bought 2 shares in Apple for the last $1000 of their life's savings.
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:08:44 AM

When i think of fair distribution I think of people that are currently involved with cryptocurrencys not the world population, you cant just give coins to people that have no idea wtf it is take auroracoin they are looking at it as free money end of story they dont give two shits what crypto currency is, you distribute coins to 3000 people that have a understanding of cryptocurrencys they can help market it, im going to own one million of a coin with my one stake, i will want to help support this coin, tell other people let them know how it works what it can do, remember this shit is all new and is finally getting mainstream coverage in the last year, right now i stand by my word. if you want to support a coin who would u have on your team 3000 people that understand the world of cryptocurrency vs say 30,000 people who have no idea what it is? If cryptos were mainstreams and everyone was using it, id say 100% 3000 people is not a well distribution but guess what at this point in time we dont live in that world.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
V8x8d

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:15:11 AM

What has NXT actually delivered so far? I see many promises but few results (FYI, I hold NXT but have been losing faith lately).

You mean like alias, messages, working POS, 9 different clients, a working AE in testnet, a partially working Multisiggateway, a big and active community, a brilliant dev team?

What more do you expect from a 5 months old currency?

Rofl, people and their expectation^^ BTC needs 2 years to decide if they want to lower fees....

A working/live asset exchange is why I purchased 2 bitcoin worth of NXT. Deliver this and my faith will be restored. The average Joe cares little about the IPO and only about functionality.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:36:53 AM

A working/live asset exchange is why I purchased 2 bitcoin worth of NXT. Deliver this and my faith will be restored. The average Joe cares little about the IPO and only about functionality

What makes you think this isn't happening ? Everything about this coin has been notable by the timely arrival of scheduled features and significant events.

The asset exchange is already in beta after only a few months. Why exactly is there a need for any "restoration of faith" ?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:44:25 AM

Everyone on this forum is either a crypto-enthusiast or an investor, and NxT burned its' bridges with both camps

You seem to have an unbelievably myopic view of the cryptocoin economy.

If "everyone on this forum" is all there is in terms of market then we're all in trouble. There are literally thousands of investors in NXT. A few people make a lot of noise on forums about their pet grievances but that only lasts as long as they stay out of the market. Half of those are quietly hedging their bets and then STFU as soon as the price starts going walkabout in a direction they didn't expect.

It's all fud and bluster. V8x8d is right - "the average joe cares little about the IPO and only about functionality". If any of these technologies every get out into the "real world" it won't be 8-hour a day bitcointalk posters that will be investing in them.

BBmodBB

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 12:46:22 AM

needs to be moved to ponzi section? lolllz =)

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: