Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:49:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ ANN ] SAT² - A new dawn - PoS - No Premine  (Read 133141 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:13:13 PM

Whilst waiting for the major move-over come May 1st, for the fun of it I just Linux-compiled my Sat wallet from source. So I've some info  to share. Sync is very OK and blocks are moving.
protocolversion : 2000000, walletversion : 60000,

Hard coded nodes if you need them;

addnode=107.2.184.151:10017
addnode=31.128.130.2:10017
addnode=72.24.164.159:10017
addnode=23.252.113.113:10017
addnode=95.95.171.218:10017
addnode=54.201.183.106:10017
addnode=84.27.142.184:10017
addnode=50.154.163.162:10017
addnode=79.2.196.206:10017

+1!

ive had to go out of the city coz a family issue, im coming back tomorrow wednesday to continue as is hard to get internet working in here.

Cheers!

Hopefully the family is doing well Smiley

Initial rises gave saturn a spotlight and notice to the crypto community. Less than 10 days until the POS followed by MP Smiley
bob131313

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:07:37 PM

If someone has their wallet open. Please send 1 or 2 SAT to this address: SdUXqaYtNEVoq9fTTTvPMed47BFGVoZV2i
testing a compile and want to make sure it is in a happy place.
I sent 10 SAT from SgAygaz7ZqwceAq5W1q4WHGkgpTpvQcRyj
Chin chin!
If someone has their wallet open. Please send 1 or 2 SAT to this address: SdUXqaYtNEVoq9fTTTvPMed47BFGVoZV2i
testing a compile and want to make sure it is in a happy place.

Sent from Cryptsy 5, I guess to prove served.
The main portfolio is cold and I prefer not to touch

Got it. 14.90 delivered to the compiled wallet. Thank you for helping. Will add it to the Foundation fund when I am done testing.
Notorious-BTC

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:42:02 AM

How is the conversion from POW -> POS happening. I just went through something similar with C2/NC2 & it required them creating a completely new coin & blockchain, trading our old for new through an established exchange.

How will this conversion work in regard to Saturncoin?

LegendaryAnvil

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:20:46 AM

Dev team, I count on you making the smoothest transition possible  Grin !

No pressure or anything lol
lira

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:20:08 AM

Saturncoin Promo Video-BLAZING FAST, SWITCHING TO POS SOON, MULTIPOOL OPENED FOR BUSINESS
http://altcoinhunters.com/2014/04/saturncoin-blazing-fast-switching-to-pos-soon-multipool-opened-for-business/

louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 08:42:36 AM

All previous issues have been addressed and resolved! Back 100% operational!

We are extremely pleased to inform you all that the negative balance issue has now been fixed.

Since the extent of missing transactions was considerable for that period, and that we lost more debit transactions rather than credit ones (meaning balances in credit_dummy were higher than the actual amount), we proceeded with a credit based on your average payout / block for the affected period. We chose to proceed this way to resolve this issue faster for everybody.  That ensured a minimal loss, and everybody got their fair share of the coins for that period that were previously un-credited to assess the credit/debit inconsistensies.

You can come back mining at http://Saturn.SuchPool.pw

We will soon announce a full week of 0% fees to compensate all our miners.

Again, we deeply apoligize for the inconvenients that occured recently. Please be assured that we won't let that happen again.
We took this as a lesson, and quickly reacted by adding more database slaves, more backups and more security overall on our infrastructure.

At this moment, every previous issue has been solved and we are back operational at 100%!

We hope you enjoy mining on our pools. Bring back the hashes!

*If you feel like your balance is somehow still incorrect, feel free to contact us at any time at admin@suchpool.pw

The SuchPool Team
www.suchpool.pw
admin@suchpool.pw
irc.freenode.net - #SuchPool

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
bob131313

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:06:34 PM

So my general consensus at this point is porting the algo from POW to POW with POS is pretty pointless if you want to keep the same blockchain. Best method is as Shakezula said is to just re-release with a new chain.  Are there any successful ones yet? Bellacoin dev is working on it on the side, but has not made ay progress. My general test fail since the merkel tree is always going to be different in each case.  Still testing and will try a few more hacks.
freskhu

Activity: 62

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:04:35 PM

Like was spoken on irc

1- Premine the number of coins out there; In the first week with this coins investors can buy the same amount in the "new blockchain"; this can be done automatcly in wallet.

2- ask help from exchanges, they keep the balance of old block chain, and transfer to the new chain

Trying to merge the 2 blockchains will probably result in many bugs ><

Its amazing to be informed!
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:08:06 PM

News you want to implement in SAT, are creating uncertainty among investors.
Maybe it would be good if the DEVs were giving some explanations about progress
bob131313

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:48:40 PM

News was not meant to be used to scare folks away. It was meant to be as transparent as possible on the current state of the ongoing research. Crypto is all about pushing new bounds, this is just one that will require a bit more effort to get past.  Also, keep in mind this is all open source, so the work I am doing will benefit the community. Knowing how to adjust a blockchain to an entirely new hashing function will be a great lesson.

//start rant.

On a side note. If you are dumb enough to invest money you can't afford to lose in this crazy altcoin playground. Please go sell and move the money to a mutual fund for safe keeping.

The altcoin space is all about attempting new things with the technology, the day to day greed, money making scheme are all secondary. All these alts have no value other then to provide a testing ground for new ideas. Some of those ideas will stand on their own and gain value. Saturncoin has the idea of a coin that helps the community, either use it for that, or choose one of the other 410 coins. 

/end rant.
tevayo

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:56:09 PM

News was not meant to be used to scare folks away. It was meant to be as transparent as possible on the current state of the ongoing research. Crypto is all about pushing new bounds, this is just one that will require a bit more effort to get past.  Also, keep in mind this is all open source, so the work I am doing will benefit the community. Knowing how to adjust a blockchain to an entirely new hashing function will be a great lesson.

//start rant.

On a side note. If you are dumb enough to invest money you can't afford to lose in this crazy altcoin playground. Please go sell and move the money to a mutual fund for safe keeping.

The altcoin space is all about attempting new things with the technology, the day to day greed, money making scheme are all secondary. All these alts have no value other then to provide a testing ground for new ideas. Some of those ideas will stand on their own and gain value. Saturncoin has the idea of a coin that helps the community, either use it for that, or choose one of the other 410 coins. 

/end rant.

Who do you think you are to disrespect??
You have no fucking idea what I can or I can not invest so save yourself those comments!
freskhu

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:43:40 PM

//start rant.

/end rant.

You have no fucking idea what I can or I can not invest so save yourself those comments!

easy!
Devs are working hard to go to the next level... If they dont mind about investors balance they can just create a new coin and that would save a lot of work! all of their concern is on saving everyone coins with the evolution!
getupppp

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:46:05 PM

News was not meant to be used to scare folks away. It was meant to be as transparent as possible on the current state of the ongoing research. Crypto is all about pushing new bounds, this is just one that will require a bit more effort to get past.  Also, keep in mind this is all open source, so the work I am doing will benefit the community. Knowing how to adjust a blockchain to an entirely new hashing function will be a great lesson.

//start rant.

/end rant.

Some people invest a lot of time and energy into this coin/community a little respect for them please.
The comment wasn't that bad !! Look what the mutual funds bring you these days.

tevayo

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:54:40 PM

//start rant.

/end rant.

easy!
Devs are working hard to go to the next level... If they dont mind about investors balance they can just create a new coin and that would save a lot of work! all of their concern is on saving everyone coins with the evolution!

It seems perfect, but things can be said with education and not disrespecting anyone make a suggestion in this forum.
Believe me when I say that I live in this (and I can prove it) and I do not tolerate Call
fool who does not know where money plays.
freskhu

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:18:17 PM

its safer to transfer the balance from the exchanges to our wallets?
Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1162

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:58:57 PM

CRYPTOCURRENCY "THE ALT-ERNATIVE" REFERENCE BOOK

I have written the two preliminary pages for Saturncoin SAT.  I need help from the Saturncoin Community in order fully complete it.  I want important points included.  Any further suggestions are welcome.  Please consider donating towards the future publication of the book.  I expect it to be published in the summer.

Donation address:   Sakz565wSkTjimCk3MdzCwBvPpoJRZnnKP

Bitcoines

Activity: 591

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:18:57 AM

CRYPTOCURRENCY "THE ALT-ERNATIVE" REFERENCE BOOK

I have written the two preliminary pages for Saturncoin SAT.  I need help from the Saturncoin Community in order fully complete it.  I want important points included.  Any further suggestions are welcome.  Please consider donating towards the future publication of the book.  I expect it to be published in the summer.

Donation address:   Sakz565wSkTjimCk3MdzCwBvPpoJRZnnKP

Nice, please update saturncoin site to : http://saturncoinfoundation.org  Smiley

Coinmarket link updated already as well

3 more days to be accepted as a valid payment sytem at https://altoutlet.com/alt/currencies

Lets keep up with voting, great job everyone!

"[Virtual Currencies] may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system." ~Ben Bernanke
signorama

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 12:38:40 PM

//start rant.

/end rant.

Why do you think others owe you anything?

Making sure you can pay your rent as you turned money into magical Internet money is no one's problem but your own.

No one is required to give you an answer and no one is required to back up good / bad investments you made.

I tried to stay out of this but as you can see I'm in...

I'm completely with the Dev in this case. The open source spirit should always prevail no matter what. It's should not always be about the shit money, but also about the learning curve -- technology, learning something new.

I really hate so-called community projects that are coded behind closed doors and later called open source e.g Android. We should always encourage Devs that actively engage with the community even when risks are involded.

Mistakes will be made, but that shouldn't stop us from trying to move ahead. If the is going to be an alpha/beta period we should all be ready to test, troubleshoot and give feedback.

Saturncoins (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:09:05 PM

We are continuing our test to discover the best solution for the POS update,
Saturncoin project is community driven, open source code,
With the help of a team of experienced altcoin devs, we are looking into it.

Every coin you now have will become a POS Saturn coin one way or another,
Devs are looking into the best way to proceed, bright future ahead.

freskhu

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:27:09 PM

We are continuing our test to discover the best solution for the POS update,
Saturncoin project is community driven, open source code,
With the help of a team of experienced altcoin devs, we are looking into it.

Every coin you now have will become a POS Saturn coin one way or another,
Devs are looking into the best way to proceed, bright future ahead.
if u need any help, if you need testers let us know!
i have 1 question, should we cash out our sat from exchanges to wallet?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: