Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:25:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ ANN ] SAT² - A new dawn - PoS - No Premine  (Read 133141 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:03:36 PM

In other words, your pool is becoming a multipool after POW fase?
DREAMBiG

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:14:35 PM

In other words, your pool is becoming a multipool after POW fase?

Yes, it actually is already a multipool now.  The auto exchanging code detects automatically if it can mine the coin directly or if it needs to exchange for it, so the transition will be seamless for miners.

SYNC: SYNCBiGc2HqfkLRJ4QqY85Gf3ZeqeD4xZS
DREAM: DREAMBiGdxQw7EkVzrZoZqN5QtoKTE2jqH
Bitkol

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:17:07 PM

There is 1 problem, pools are still mining sat and not sat2, I did not know this and had auto-pay send my coins to mintpal. Please fix the problem with the pools still mining sat and not sat2. Coinmine.pw is where i mine them. Mintpal emailed me this message today:

We switched over to SAT2 yesterday and we are no longer accepting any more SAT deposits. Please do not send us any further deposits. We may be able to switch over what you sent us thusfar, but it's up to the discretion of the SAT2 developers.

The devs have no control over the pools!  It's up to you to mine at a pool that is on the correct wallet/fork.   

Come mine at LaunchPool.us the only auto-exchanging multipool with SAT2 payout!

Our SAT2 pool is now live and mining SAT2 directly.  When the PoW phase is over, our servers will automatically switch to mining other profitable scrypt altcoins and exchanging them for SAT2, so you can continue mining even during PoS.  

url:stratum+tcp://sat2.launchpool.us:3312
user: [your SAT2 wallet address]
pass: [anything]

Payouts processed every hour at 1 SAT2 threshold.  
1% pool fee plus normal wallet transaction fee.

Thank you for the reply.
TheGift73

Activity: 525
Merit: 501

GameX (GX) | NextGEN Gaming Cryptocurrency

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:55:02 PM

There is 1 problem, pools are still mining sat and not sat2, I did not know this and had auto-pay send my coins to mintpal. Please fix the problem with the pools still mining sat and not sat2. Coinmine.pw is where i mine them. Mintpal emailed me this message today:

We switched over to SAT2 yesterday and we are no longer accepting any more SAT deposits. Please do not send us any further deposits. We may be able to switch over what you sent us thusfar, but it's up to the discretion of the SAT2 developers.

The devs have no control over the pools!  It's up to you to mine at a pool that is on the correct wallet/fork.   

Our SAT2 pool is now live and mining SAT2 directly.  When the PoW phase is over, our servers will automatically switch to mining other profitable scrypt altcoins and exchanging them for SAT2, so you can continue mining even during PoS.  

Mining now. Cheers

██

███
                                         ████
                                         ████

▄▄▄▄█████████████████████▄                  ▄████████▀
    ▄█████████████████████████████▄              ▄████████▀
  ▄██████████████████████▀ ▀████████▄          ▄████████▀
 ██████████████████████▀     ▀████████▄      ▄████████▀
████████                       ▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
███████ █████████████████████    ▀████████████████▀
██████   ▀███████████████████      ▀████████████▀
██████▄    ▀█████████████████      ▄████████████▄
███████▄     ▀███████████████    ▄████████████████▄
 ████████▄            ███████  ▄█████████▀ ▀████████▄
  ███████████████████████████▄█████████▀     ▀████████▄
   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀         ▀████████▄
     ▀▀████████████████████████████▀             ▀████████▄

███████                       ███████     
     █████████                     █████████    
   ▒█████████████████████████████████████████░  
 ▒█████   █████████████████████████████   █████░
 ██████░ ▒██████████████████████████████▓███████
████   ░█    █████  ░███████  ░███    █████    ██
███████   ██████████████████████████████▓████████
███████   █████████████████████████████   ███████
██████████████    ▓███████████░   ░██████████████
█████████████       █████████       █████████████
█████████████      ░█████████       █████████████
██████████████▓  ░███       ███   ███████████████
███████████░  ░▓█▓             ▓█▓   ▓███████████
██████████▒                           ▓██████████
█████████░                             ░█████████
███████                                   ███████
 █████                                     █████
  ▀▀▀                                       ▀▀▀
TWITTERTELEGRAMREDDIT
  JOIN OUR COMMUNITY! 
FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
Saturncoins (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:10:50 AM

Just quoting this in an effort to make sure nobody misses out:

There was only 1 day to convert over to SAT2? Is there no other way to convert my old SAT?

SAT->SAT² conversion, phase 2

For those who missed the conversion we are providing an option to get your old SAT coins converted to SAT² coins individually. This works as follows:

1. Send us a private message (here, on BitCoinTalk), with the following information:
  A. The number of SAT coins you are looking to convert
  B. Your SAT² address where you'd like to receive the new SAT² coins
IMPORTANT NOTE: keep in mind that you have to create your SAT² address in the new SAT² wallet, so NOT in the old SAT wallet. We will be sending your SAT² coins to the exact address that you provide us, so if you send us an address that you can't access on the SAT² blockchain, then your coins will be lost.

2. We will provide you a unique SAT address (on the old blockchain) where you can send your existing SAT coins.

3. Once your coins are received at the SAT address that we have provided you (which you can confirm at http://213.179.192.62/chain/Saturncoin), then send us a response to the private message to let us know. We will then manually confirm that the funds were received OK, and then pay out the SAT² coins (which is the number of SAT coins you sent us, divided by 1000) to the SAT² wallet address that you specified.

NOTE: please be patient while waiting for a response. We strive to handle all requests quickly but we can not always respond instantly.
NOTE2: we will only be able to handle conversion requests for a limited time, so do not wait too long. At a certain point we will simply need to stop supporting the old blockchain.

Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:17:08 AM

Cool stuff! As mentioned in a private message: we recommend setting a higher payout than 1 SAT. It's not needed per se, but please note that the minimum SAT² transaction fee on the network is 0.05 SAT², so for payouts of 1 SAT that would be 5%. So it would make sense to use somewhat bigger transactions to make the transaction fee relatively smaller.

DREAMBiG

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:32:56 AM

Cool stuff! As mentioned in a private message: we recommend setting a higher payout than 1 SAT. It's not needed per se, but please note that the minimum SAT² transaction fee on the network is 0.05 SAT², so for payouts of 1 SAT that would be 5%. So it would make sense to use somewhat bigger transactions to make the transaction fee relatively smaller.

Thanks for the info, the payout threshold has been changed to 10 SAT.

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:04:56 AM

Sorry but you missed the boat, although quite how, I don't understand.

ehh right? I guess coinwarz missed the boat along with that 896.49 MH/s of people still hashing SAT out, as of today. They haven't even flagged it yet. It was ok addition to the multipools, but who follows just one altcoin?  I would have tried to convert over if provided more options. However, as a result of circumstances, I think I'm done with SAT. Goodluck with the second release. FYI, to those that haven't exchanged your coins yet. I found you can still convert your coins over on https://comkort.com/ to BTC/LTC/DOGE. Of course, they aren't worth anything now Sad

Really.  I would be embarrassed to own up to that if I were you.  So people are mining something that no longer exists? Well good luck to them.  Serves them right for sticking their heads in the sand.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:08:17 AM

It means my 70000 coins are dead now? I worked hard for them doing so many tasks.

Oh God why? WHY? Why can't they just read?
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:11:06 AM

Excellent, thank you for your feedback. The 2 testers I'm referring to, were reporting application load times of more than a minute (which is obviously much longer than it should be), whereas all other testers reported load times of mere seconds. We just want to make sure that this is not application related, so any feedback on this matter is appreciated.

I have a fully specced 2013 Imac with 32 GB of RAM and have as many as 20 apps running simultaneously, am also mining on it and it takes about 10 seconds to load despite all that.
Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:14:29 AM

Sorry but you missed the boat, although quite how, I don't understand.

ehh right? I guess coinwarz missed the boat along with that 896.49 MH/s of people still hashing SAT out, as of today. They haven't even flagged it yet. It was ok addition to the multipools, but who follows just one altcoin?  I would have tried to convert over if provided more options. However, as a result of circumstances, I think I'm done with SAT. Goodluck with the second release. FYI, to those that haven't exchanged your coins yet. I found you can still convert your coins over on https://comkort.com/ to BTC/LTC/DOGE. Of course, they aren't worth anything now Sad

Really.  I would be embarrassed to own up to that if I were you.  So people are mining something that no longer exists? Well good luck to them.  Serves them right for sticking their heads in the sand.

While that is true to an extent, we also understand that not everyone can watch everything all the time, so we try to work with everyone to make everything as smooth as possible. It's a lot of work on our end though because we need to handle each swap manually at this point. We have even had some requests from people who are looking to swap literally 400 SAT (which would be 0.4 SAT²) - and that's literally less than the transaction fee. As such, I just want to emphasize that we can handle only one swap per person, and that we can only keep doing this for a limited time.

Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:17:04 AM

Excellent, thank you for your feedback. The 2 testers I'm referring to, were reporting application load times of more than a minute (which is obviously much longer than it should be), whereas all other testers reported load times of mere seconds. We just want to make sure that this is not application related, so any feedback on this matter is appreciated.

I have a fully specced 2013 Imac with 32 GB of RAM and have as many as 20 apps running simultaneously, am also mining on it and it takes about 10 seconds to load despite all that.

Good to hear! Thank you for the feedback Smiley

sjens

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:21:26 AM

Thank you verry much saturncoins for the smooth and fast convertion after i missed the one on mintpal.
for the people who thought like i did they missed the boat read this link first https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=556105.msg7623804#msg7623804
hasar

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:31:49 AM

It means my 70000 coins are dead now? I worked hard for them doing so many tasks.

Oh God why? WHY? Why can't they just read?

Thank you dev team for changing my coins to sat2. I received all my coins. Smiley

I AM A DNOTES FANS THE COIN ABOVE ALL OTHERS.
niceman

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CoinMine.pw

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:00:10 PM

You can mine SaturnCoin 2 at www.CoinMine.pw - the best place to park your workers! Roll Eyes

• > 40 coins to mine from one account!
  • Scrypt, Scrypt-N and X11 pools
  • Unique functions
  • Easy switch worker from web interface without reconnects and stales!
  • Almost 0% reject rate !
  • Switch and monitor workers with API !
  • Check balances and withdraw funds with API !
  • 6 Stratum nodes around the world!
  • Auto switch workers with personal Coin Sets and Coin's Difficulty range for every Worker
  • USD, LTC, BTC rates for all mined coins!
  • Profitability calculator for LTC, USD for all coins!
  • Really FAST and clean interface.
  • Self-written server software optimized for maximum performance!
  • Cool and impressive functions adds almost every day!

And off course standard:

• Several Dedicated Xeon Servers
  • SSL support
  • SSD HDD RAID
  • DDOS Protection
  • 99.9% Uptime since launch
  • IRC and E-mail support!
  • Stratum
  • VARDIFF
  • PPL(10MIN)S Payout
  • Manual payouts without minimum
  • Auto Payouts every 5 minutes

hashpower

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:02:37 PM

hi guys,
does anyone know were can i find the repository for the sat2_scrypt to setup a pool?
cordearo

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:13:42 PM

It was inevitable that people would be dumping SAT/SAT2 for the first few days (miners always do) so I am more than happy to sit back and wait. I see this as getting in very early on a very promising coin. (which now only has 7.7m coins in total) I managed to get in to BC very early (3500) MAST very early and VRC also very early. Just do some research on what the coin/devs have planned and then take the risk on whether or not you wish to invest.

I personally like what the SAT2 devs have planned and am looking forward to more details as and when they are ready to release further information. Until then, I will continue trading my other coins, whilst keeping an eye of the development of this one.

They stated how the swap would work quite some time ago so you really have no excuse for not knowing how many SAT 2 coins you would be getting in the swap from your SAT coins. It was also inevitable that there would be a dump in the first few days. It is the nature of crypto and won't change any time soon.

Exactly. And it's also a self fulfilling prophecy. Look at just about any coin that announces news (price goes up) and then releases news (people start dumping just before the news even gets released). It's how crypto markets work. People think others will dump, so they dump first and it's basically a chain reaction. This happens with just about every crypto currency, and this behavior has little to nothing to do with the coin itself. Honestly even if a coin would publish news about having the biggest scientific breakthrough in history, the same thing would still happen.

Looking at the current market price, there really isn't anything unusual, it's typical market bahavior. We have rolled out the new blockchain, the launch was as smooth as launches can be (this is also typical.. when devs mess up their launch everyone's screaming, when devs do it perfectly you hear next to nothing). The transition at the exchanges has also been very smooth. In other words, everything so far has been done perfectly. With that said, our advice to anyone who's interested in the long haul (yes, this means YOU - most impatient traders do not take the effort to read this) is to make your own judgement of the potential rather than only looking at market graphs alone. The reasoning is quite simple: where do you think this is going after we have spent a lot of time and effort to move over to a solid codebase, while having provided full transparency? Ignore the poor impatient souls and look at the bigger picture Smiley

As said, this is only the beginning. Rome wasn't built in a day. The first step is to establish a solid foundation to build off of - and the switch to SAT² is doing exactly that. We are not a coin that's interested in a quick rise and fall. We are building this up step by step with the intention of actually getting somewhere. Any coin that emerges out of nowhere and skyrockets without apparent reason, usually isn't something that's intended to last. We are quite the opposite. Our vision is that in the long run, only a handful of crypto currencies will last, and we have every intention of providing the innovation it takes to be part of that. Speaking of potential in terms of market value: can you imagine what will happen when all the money that's currently dispersed across many hundreds of altcoins would be concentrated into the select few coins that will actually last? That's exactly where our ambitions are at.

We would like to give a huge shout out to all of our supporters: thank you very much! Your support and encouraging words mean a lot to us. While we can't answer "thank you" to every individual post, just know that your words do not go unnoticed. Many people don't seem to realize that we, the developers, are also just part of the community as much as everyone else (it's not like the devs have any more incentive than the community in general). Any development that gets done does not benefit that particular developer alone, but the community as a whole. With that said: don't underestimate how valuable your support is! Smiley
weryo

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:45:26 PM

hi guys,
does anyone know were can i find the repository for the sat2_scrypt to setup a pool?

https://github.com/satdev/SAT2
DREAMBiG

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:03:15 PM

hi guys,

Be warned I had some issues setting up the pool to mine against the daemon compiled in Ubuntu.  Mines perfectly fine when I point it at the windows wallet though.

JoeGruff

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 12:21:44 AM

hi guys,

Be warned I had some issues setting up the pool to mine against the daemon compiled in Ubuntu.  Mines perfectly fine when I point it at the windows wallet though.

I'm having no problems running a pool on Arch linux against the daemon.

Using this pool software out of the box:
https://github.com/Crypto-Expert/stratum-mining
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: